[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the west have such an obsession with nostalgia? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1471004785571.png (485KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471004785571.png
485KB, 600x600px
Why does the west have such an obsession with nostalgia? Are they really that fearful of the future?
>>
>>1422478
Any good examples?
>>
File: 1491107375933.jpg (74KB, 600x551px) Image search: [Google]
1491107375933.jpg
74KB, 600x551px
It's only human nature, anon.
>>
File: ribbit reddit.jpg (46KB, 745x467px) Image search: [Google]
ribbit reddit.jpg
46KB, 745x467px
>>1422478
>>1422672
>>
>>1422478
It's just marketing. It's a business model, not an obsession.
>>
The west aren't making every other anime series in a high school setting
>>
>>1422943
There are quite a few shows on the Disney channel set in a high school actually. Just not animated.
>>
File: fluffy fluffing her fluffy.gif (2MB, 709x625px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy fluffing her fluffy.gif
2MB, 709x625px
>>1422943
Unfortunately this is a reality of the anime market more than anything else.

Since the Japanese recession in the late aughts it has been difficult for anime studios to market BDs toward anyone other than hardcore otaku, and otaku are more interested in moe than anything else.

I'm not complaining.
>>
>>1423242
Those are for actual children though, so the viewers are more looking forward to high school as opposed to back on it.

>>1423243
>Unfortunately
>I'm not complaining
Which is it?
>>
File: goat suplex.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
goat suplex.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>1423262
I guess what I meant to say is that while I certainly wouldn't *mind* for anime to appeal to a broader set of demographics and include more genres (as it once did), the current situation is pretty copacetic to me, as a fan of moe anime.

I feel bad for people who are into things like mecha, though. That seems to be in decline.
>>
File: out.gif (595KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
out.gif
595KB, 480x360px
>>1423282
/m/ is doing just fine, thanks.
>>
Idk
>>
>>1422478
Greeting card companies invented it, then newspapers capitalized on it, then the mass market at large used it as a marketing ploy and still do to this day.
>>
It's the whole member berries thing. You can alter your memories to omit the painful or negative aspects of them, and in doing so you idealize a point in the past and because of this idealization you begin to think that it was actually somehow significantly better than the present moment when in reality it was just your brain playing tricks on you.
>>
>>1422478
The east has nostalgia as well.
>>
>>1423243
>Since the Japanese recession in the late aughts it has been difficult for anime studios to market BDs toward anyone other than hardcore otaku, and otaku are more interested in moe than anything else.

You're either completely delusional or under 20. I can't believe people would think this.
>>
>>1422478
Who says the west does?
>>
>>1424992
a dumb frogposter
>>
Nostalgia isn't real?
>>
up
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.