[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is reddit spacing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1476057300148.jpg (540KB, 1912x2064px) Image search: [Google]
1476057300148.jpg
540KB, 1912x2064px
What is reddit spacing?
>>
>>1418188
Go back to r/anime and ask them, dumb weebposter
>>
I love Chaika so much.
>>
someone greentextee "reddit spacing to me" when i submitted a two-lined post before, but when o asked someone what it was they said it's putting a space bufter between quote numbers and your reply because on reddit you do that?

it seems to have degenerated in meaning to mean paragraphs are reddit, similar to "who are you quoting" being a safe phrase to pull on someone using greentext figuratively, as opposed to greentext in present tense...
>>
>>1418198
sorry for the poor formatting such as the end quote being in the wrong place, spelling errors...
>>
>>1418198
> this is reddit spacing

>this also is because of the empty space between these two lines as reddit forces you to do that to write a new line of text
>>
It simply means that the person you're talking to knows what reddit text formatting looks like. How? I wonder.
>>
I bumped a thread just now to show you
>>
Usingthespacebarisredditspacing.Everyoneonredditdoesit.
>>
>>1418188
>>
>>1418206
Usage has degenerated so you'll be accused of reddit spacing if you include two line breaks between paragraphs. That's horribly obnoxious because people have done it for over a decade here and it makes things much more readable.
>>
>>1418198
>>1418206
>>1418771
There are situations where you need to leave a blank line. Doing it all of the time, however, is just retarded.
On reddit you need to press Enter twice if you want to make a single new line, without leaving a blank one. It also formats the text to be a little farther than it normally is without giving you a way to change it. This means redditors are used to it.
>>
>>1418989
Behold this man for whom what he offers as proof of his claim is the phrase "to do otherwise is retarded".
>>
ITT: people who do not understand the difference between "paragraph" and "new line"
>>
File: 1417648049080.png (488KB, 483x618px) Image search: [Google]
1417648049080.png
488KB, 483x618px
>Chaika was 3 years ago
>>
>>1418198
It's making a new line for every sentence you type. It's the result of a short attention span and people believing what they're saying is groundbreaking enough to keep making new sentences instead of just realizing whatever it is probably just warrants connection to the previous thought.
>>
>>1418989
Fuck you dumbass. Your stupid meme is shitting up the formatting on this website. Almost nothing is more disgusting than back to back paragraphs with no lite break between them.
>>
>>1419241
There's a difference between separating them properly and separating every single thing.
>>
>>1418989
>On reddit you need to press Enter twice if you want to make a single new line
And how would you know that, *redditor*?
>>
>>1419250
Actual redditors told me.
>>
>>1419241
You shouldn't be writing multiple lengthy paragraphs per post anyway. 4chan is for funposting, not essays. The ideal post is no longer than three sentences.
>>
>>1419250
>>1419263
ay
fucking
lmao

"i wouldn't personally be able to criticize this thing, but i was told people i dislike are correlated to it therefore it's wrong"
>>
>>1419318
what
It's not because I don't like reddit (I even think some aspects of it are actually good as a website), it's because it's dumb to do it like that, here.
>>
>>1419348
I agree that it is actually an interesting design, but the users are atrocious.
Sound familiar?
>>
>>1419348
>it's because it's dumb to do it
>Doing it all of the time, however, is just retarded.

You are just an insecure faggot deepthroating 4chan culture, as evidenced by the fact that you are literally incapable of eve attempting to put forth any logic to defend your blind hate for something you were told was reddit.
>>
>>1419361
Well, your words matter more than mine I guess. Keep shitposting.
>>
>>1419361
>deepthroating 4chan culture
>not loving and defending your own site's culture

Nice try, reddit spy.
>>
>>1419379
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>1419374
>>1419379
I like how I explicitly call someone out on not even attempting to defend their mouh vomit with logic, but since you don't like me or the subject matter apparently you've won the argument.

If you want to make this about 4chan culture, then consider the fact that your very intellectual 4chan culture is tolerating you literally being incapable of puttig forth logic to defend any of your claims.
>>
File: 4Z4C4SX.jpg (15KB, 319x231px) Image search: [Google]
4Z4C4SX.jpg
15KB, 319x231px
>>1419385
Not the dude you were arguing with, senpai
>>
>>1419385
You're the only one saying this kind of shit. All I said is that making a new paragraph for every single statement regardless of it being related or not to the previous one is retarded and that redditors do it because that's how their site works.
Nothing more and nothing else. But keep putting words in my mouth all you want, you only end up looking ridiculous.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.