[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when will hiroyuki bring back textboards?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Textboard.png (130KB, 768x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Textboard.png
130KB, 768x1009px
when will hiroyuki bring back textboards?
>>
>>1416869
I honestly don't want them to.

If there's going to be a textboard renaissance why the hell would you want the current reddit-tier 4chan administration to be in charge of it?

I'd much rather it be hosted somewhere else.
>>
>>1416907
there are plenty, but they are all rarely used
>>
>>1416909
They all suck.

They either:
* Are hosted on non-english sites, with just a few english boards (like that bienvenido one that was advertised a while back
* Have way too many boards to accumulate critical mass
* Are "secret clubs" with even more ruthless mods than 4chan
>>
>>1416919
I dunno. I guess in a case like that what's really needed is something that tells me I can trust the mod(s) there.

>The only rule here is to use common sense
This really doesn't mean anything on the internet. This guy could either still be a ruthless dictator banning anything saying its not common sense because it flies against "board culture" or some shit, or he could be completely laid back.

Even if you know the answer, the problem is newcomers don't.
There's really nothing there to hook anyone in.
Merely having a good site isn't going to make it popular if nobody knows why it's good.
That's a 1 board generic site, with almost no info displayed about itself, where the owner wants to take it in the future, or how it currently is run.q
>>
Why? So it can sit dormant for months between posts again just because an Anon thought it would be so cool to have them?
>>
>>1416930
You don't have to use them
>>
>>1416917
I know some that exist and don't fit that profile.
>>
>>1416917
Nah. They're typically so desperate for posters they only ban and delete blatant spam or Picard. Take 4ch for example, arguably the biggest and most historical English language textboard. It's like a museum with only a few new posts a week and people complain about that more often than getting off their asses and contributing new content. Many of the new threads are from interlopers who have arrived for the first time. It's the polar opposite of a secret club for the most part.

>>1416907
I agree, when it comes to hosting them on 4chan.
>>
>>1418181
The bottom line is more or less this >>1416925

Alternative sites, including imageboards, don't get popular because there is nothing special or certain about them.

You say their moderation style is the way it is because they're desperate for posters?
Well what happens if it becomes popular and they're no longer desperate for posters? What kind of mods will they be then?
How well will their laid back "just use common sense" attitude work when they're getting spammed by reddit-tier newfags or activists?

They need something to make people understand why their site will work or why it's different in the long run before people will feel comfortable enough using it. In my opinion this is the single biggest (and almost universal) reason why alt sites fail to pick up any steam.

My point is, just because existing textboards aren't popular doesn't mean any new textboard would also be unpopular.
>>
>>1416907
>the current reddit-tier 4chan administration to be in charge of it?
hopefully it would just be MVB様 again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.