[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is only one truth about the situation of /qa/ right now:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (58KB, 1280x427px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58KB, 1280x427px
There is only one truth about the situation of /qa/ right now: /qa/ becomes shittier as it becomes faster. No matter what kind of content is posted, whoever make this board faster by creating and bumping meaningless threads are the wrong here.
Anyone who claims to care about the quality of /qa/ but doesn't agree that slowing down this board is necessary is a hypocrite.
>>
thanks for killing a frog thread but I didn't bother reading your post
>>
It's a reaction to retards posting garbage. You can't change that, people simply don't like seeing threads slid down by frogs and the like.

If you want to help though, you can spam 2-3 pages of loli and hope mods delete it.
>>
It's either this or the entire catalog is spam from the obsessive raid squad. Threads are bumped beforehand and some of the threads get deleted, leaving breathing room.
>>
>>1415509
Oh well, guess what, /qa/ was much slower before even when half of the catalog was occupied by GR15 shit threads, which were also infinitely bumped!
By your logic, I wonder why /qa/ wasn't as fast back then!
>>
>>1415524
'Cuz fewer people gave a shit about the board? The sliding was more coordinated and concentrated then (doesn't happen throughout the day).
>>
>>1415502
It's the anime vs non anime war that's finally killed /qa/ off, popularity was a mistake.
>>
People who complain are the worst.
>>
>>1415533
So here it is, the classical prisoner dilemma situation. If either party chooses to bump more, that party gets more advantages. But when both party decide to bump more they will have to devote more time to bump threads and lead to a vicious cycle so that the board becomes faster and faster.
>>
>>1415523
We had a few days earlier this week when you weren't shitbumping and /qa/ was fine, in fact, better. And there were still people bumping shit threads. That will never entirely go away (your shitbumping has not reduced the number, in fact it increased them because you encourage the trolls).
>>
>>1415561
It was fine for the first two days.Something had to be done afterwards, because they wouldn't stop necrobumping garbage.
>>
>>1415567
It was fine until you started shitbumping. And people occasionally were nuking the garbage threads being necrobumped. There weren't any that survived more than a few days, and their number was smaller than it was before you or whatever idiot started indiscriminate mass bumping nonstop.
>>
ALSO, people aren't even responding to the shit threads for the most part. All they are is spam which shits the board up by making it faster. The shitbumping also makes the board faster. It has the exact same effect as the spam.
>>
>>1415524
>>1415559
>>1415561
>>1415574
>lol don't do anything, let them shit up the whole catalog

Did you really like the board when it was nothing but GR15 and /pol/ whining threads?
>>
>>1415574
You know what changed a few days ago? Some of the spammers took a break. That's it. They didn't suddenly decide to be content with 10 threads at once. They simply could not maintain them all day.
>And people occasionally were nuking the garbage threads being necrobumped
>There weren't any that survived more than a few days
How exactly do you think these things happen? Stop blaming /qa/ for this situation. It's likely the same people that spammed /qa/ in 2016 and nothing I can do will change their schizophrenic obsession.
>>
>>1415567
>Something had to be done afterwards, because they wouldn't stop necrobumping garbage.
That not how you do it. Think about the GR15 threads in the past. There wasn't any attempt to mass bump and "save" threads; just occasionally these threads got sagebombed (which doesn't accelerate the board in any way). When there wasn't sagebombing GR15 threads are always the oldest threads in the catalog, yet the board was much slower just because other threads weren't bumped often.
Now it's the different situation. The oldest threads now are those that are protected by bumping squads, while none of these spam threads last for more than a few days.
>>
>>1415603
>bumping squads

*bumpbot
>>
>>1415595
Nobody is going to let them shit up the whole catalog because good threads will be bumped. The problem is you bumping every thread. And some of the spam threads will be killed opportunistically at times when it doesn't require bumping half the catalog to do so. That was going on before you started shitbumping, and it will continue.

>>1415597
>How exactly do you think these things happen?
Opportunistic killings, occasional mod intervention, and the fact that the spammers aren't here 24/7 and occasionally miss some of their threads when they do a bump run.
>>
>>1415595
>when it was nothing but GR15 and /pol/ whining threads?
This is the biggest meme about "old /qa/". Back then if you ignore these threads /qa/ was actually a nice and slow board. Because it was slow, in these meaningful threads there were good discussion happening. Now it's just too fast for that. There is a reason why all fast boards on 4chan are complete shit.
>>
Another thing. It's one thing, and probably healthy, to flush out the garbage every few days. It's another thing entirely to flush it nonstop, giving /qa/ no peace in between.
>>
It'll get better and slower when people stop relying on scorched earth to apparently make it better when all they're doing are motivating other spammers.
>>
>>1415640
That said, there wasn't enough garbage to merit a flush when the idiot started flushing. Things were actually doing fairly well. The garbage shot up after the guy did the flush. A lot of it was probably retaliation from people who didn't like their legitimate threads being killed.
>>
File: logo.jpg (12KB, 340x138px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
12KB, 340x138px
>>1415662
>A lot of it was probably retaliation from people who didn't like their legitimate threads being killed
I thought I smelled a rat.
>>
>>1415669
I'm talking about shit like
http://desuarchive.org/qa/thread/1405690/#1405690
which was contained in one thread before it got nuked.

>>1415597
>Stop blaming /qa/
I'm not blaming /qa/, I'm blaming one person who thinks he's the savior of /qa/ when he's not.
>>
>>1415618
>Opportunistic killings

You're too idealistic. None of their obsessively maintained threads die without sliding intervention.

>>1415603
>There wasn't any attempt to mass bump and "save" threads; just occasionally these threads got sagebombed

What does 'sagebombing' fucking do? Haven't you already learned that it does fuckall against spam unless you're the goddamned spambot?
>>
>>1415687
That's pretty stupid right there. How can none of them die when I was killing them?
>>
>>1415694
And how did you get that chance? When the spammers aren't taking a break, sliding is the only feasible method.

You really think they'll stop if we do?
>>
>>1415679
http://desuarchive.org/qa/search/filename/Pepe.jpg/image/3s4mP0l0bJMClL5u8qzykA/
lol ok
>>
>>1415701
The spammers take breaks a lot. Again, things were fine before you started sliding.
>>
>>1415708
oh concernbro
lol
>>
>>1415708
Things are always fine until they finish their break.
>>
>>1415701
>When the spammers aren't taking a break
Hmm, what do you think that makes spammers doing so?
See >>1415559. They are doing so because their threads die faster due to the bumping war between both parties.
Again, explain why /qa/ was slower even when GR15 spam took lots of place. The spammers bump their threads but there were no "good thread savers". Without "good thread savers", spam threads died slower, so spammers needed less effort to save their threads.
>>
>>1415725
No one cares if spammers are literally triggered. That's their problem.
>>
>>1415725
Okay. I'll let their spam and garbage fill the board for days on end as they necrobump it endlessly. I'll even allow more and more garbage to enter the catalog unperturbed. Is good with you?
>>
>>1415739
Assuming that's not sarcastic and you're actually offering to cease your sliding campaign to demonstrate what happens, that is exactly what we want you to do.
>>
>>1415742
That clears it up then. I'll give you a heads up, no one is going to listen to you or my sarcastic comment.
>>
>>1415734
>>1415739
Yes, they are triggered and mad. But what are you going to do to solve the problem right now? Apparently a bumping war is a bad solution.
Although we somehow "yielded" to GR15 spammer before who also "spammed and garbage filled the board for days on end as they necrobumped it endlessly", it turned out that is a better solution compared to the one being used now. Unless you think the speed of /qa/ right now is better for everyone.
It is their fault and I cannot deny this, but by "revenging" them you aren't solving the problem here.
>>
>>1415752
I'm not the one trying to get revenge here. None of my threads are reactionary spam. I'll keep posting normally, which includes bumping threads I find worth bumping.
>>
>>1415760
Look, bumping threads worth bumping is fine. Over the past few days somebody has been bumping almost ALL the threads regardless of worth or activity, and they have been bumping half the catalog in one stretch. It's not the bumpbot, either.
>>
>>1415752
>"revenging" them
If you count bumping threads I like up to the start of page 9 then yes, I am 'revenging' them and I won't stop,
>>
>>1415760
Nothing personal here. I'm referencing the people who bump threads for the sake of bumping them.
By the way, >>1415766, are you one of them? Do you actually contribute to the threads you bump? You know, bump them because you post normally and have something to say.
>>
>>1415773
>Do you actually contribute to the threads you bump
When the board starts sliding you can't contribute to every single one.
>>
>>1415776
I explained this. The sliding is a vicious cycle and caused by both parties.
When you bump a thread you like, all other threads move one slot towards page 10, including other threads you like. As a result you and spammers need to bump these threads earlier, thus making this board faster.
You have no control to what spammers do, so it's on your side to control the flow of the board. There are some good threads that don't match your personal taste becoming victims, and the only way to preserve these threads is to slow down so that they die slower and have more chance bumped by other posters.
>>
>>1415786
There's no vicious cycle, it's what I presume is one person who has been indiscriminately bumping every thread every few hours. A certain amount of bumping is fine. It speeds the board up a little, but not to extremes. There's normally a bunch of crap in the catalog that no one would bump. Somebody has been coming along and bumping everything for the past few days, and that's the problem.
>>
>>1415797
>Somebody has been coming along and bumping everything for the past few days, and that's the problem.

People bump threads they like all the time, and each to their own. Do you really think it's one person?
>>
>>1415802
Yes. It happens in bursts, after which the catalog starts to slow down, and then they come along and do a sweep again. Again, moderate bumping is not the problem and should continue.
>>
>>1415807
The catalog only slows down when the spammers decide to let their threads sit in page 8-10, be it for an hour or two.

>moderate bumping is not the problem and should continue.
Yet you're so against 'sliding', which is essentially multiple people bumping 'moderately'.
>>
>>1415817
The spammers do not take up enough of the catalog to be responsible for these waves.

It's not multiple people bumping moderately. It's very clearly one person. Now their effect is probably amplified a bit by other people reacting by bumping the threads they want to save, but not to the point where it's a chain reaction. It could also be multiple people doing it at different times. But it wasn't happening for a few days until I think Wednesday night.
>>
File: 1481870766738.jpg (58KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481870766738.jpg
58KB, 424x600px
ITT people who think frogs in an OP post means it's automatically "spammers" even if the OP text is topical and brilliant, but Saber riding a Banana and 10 different "Cute" threads in Japanese are fine and welcome.
>>
>>1415839
You must be pretty new if you don't think this happens all the time. And yes, it is a chain reaction.
>>
>>1415842
No, in the few days prior to Wednesday night the frogs were of about the same quality of the anime posts, and then around Thursday morning some pissed off person started spamming frogs again. There's a difference between
and
>>1413437
and if you can't see it you're being intentionally blind.
>>
>>1415844
I know it often happened all the time, but things had settled down for a few days and then some idiot started sliding again.
>>
>>1415844
And it's not a self-sustaining chain reaction because the catalog slows down between this guy's bursts.
>>
>>1415852
but things had settled down for a few days and then some idiot started sliding again.

And why do you think that 'idiot' started sliding again? The board only slows down when the spammers take a break, I cannot make this any clearer.
>>
>>1415862
Only the idiot can speak for why he started again, because the spam wasn't very bad when he did it.
>>
>>1415846
If you want to talk about intentionally blind then let's talk about how for every thread like >>1413437, there are 4 or 5 threads like >>1415784, >>1411921, >>1412196, >>1414806,, and >>1415714

You people can whine about frogposters all you like but please just stop with the high horse act where you all pretend as though your collective posts are beyond reproach and on topic.
>>
>>1415868
Finally outing yourself?
>>
>>1415871
That was my second post ITT you megalomaniacal autist.
>>
>>1415868
I'm telling people not to bump shit like that, although
>>1412196
and
>>1415714
look like image dump threads of similar quality to
although not as far along.
>>
>>1415876
I'm sorry, you very well might be trying to discourage those weebs from making those kinds of threads, and for that you should be congratulated, but you're still suffering from false equivalency if you think the shitposting with frogs is anywhere near as bad as the shitposting with anime on this board.
>>
>>1415868
You should go back on reddit.
>>
>>1415885
I'm not from reddit, I'm from /qa/. i am back.
>>
>>1415884
Are you even reading what the thread is about? The problem with all of the shit threads is people bumping them, which I am consistently telling people not to do.
>>
>>1415888
Then fuck off on reddit.
>>
>>1415889
Why should anyone take your standards to mind?
>>
>>1415842
> OP text is topical and brilliant
Show me a thread with pepe that iw brilliant.
>>
>>1415890
Or Something Awful, that might be a better fit for him.
>>
>>1415842
Saber riding a banana is made by the same guys making the frog threads.
>>
>>1415896
>>1177422
>>
>>1415842
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
>>
>>1415904
No, I really don't think so. Do you have any evidence of that?
>>
>>1415905
Wow its nothing.
>>
File: redditfrog found.jpg (128KB, 1426x966px) Image search: [Google]
redditfrog found.jpg
128KB, 1426x966px
>>1415842
>>
>>1415915
really jogs the old noggin.
>>
>>1415502
>/qa/ becomes shittier as it becomes faster
That's true of most boards. Usually the more posters they accumulate, the lower quality they become.
>>
>>1415949
/qa/'s speed is always artificial, read the thread.
>>
>>1415906
It's disgusting that >>1412622 just got bumped off the catalog into the archive by >>1416069. But sure, frogs are the problem.
>>
>>1416072
Last substantial post in that thread was 16 hours ago.
>>
>>1416072
Why didn't you save it?
>>
>>1416072
BTW that thread was on the bumpbot's list. It stopped bumping it because there was no new activity. You are free to make it again if you have something new to say.
>>
>>1416080
>It stopped bumping it because there was no new activity.

What the fuck is the point of the bot then?
>>
>>1416129
Mainly to keep good threads from being slid off the catalog prematurely by spam and sliding.
>>
>>1415906
That's my ASCII....
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.