[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that online-services will completely remove the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: ab61f38b.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ab61f38b.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
Do you think that online-services will completely remove the need to leave your house?

I'm serious. I only ever leave my house to go to my dentist/doctor. If I need food, I can use Amazon. I get pills and goods from Amazon, too. If I ever need to go somewhere I can call an Uber. Anime, movies, video games, music, etc. are all being streamed and sold on the internet, you no longer have to go to the store to buy them. Anyone I might want to talk to prefers to use social media so I don't even have to see them in person anymore.

On top of that, Google and YouTube are trying to make education possible from your computer so you will spend even more time on it. And really, what can you learn in university that you can't learn on YouTube? Chemistry? It's all free, too.

I'm becoming worried.
>>
The story goes like this: Earth is captured by a technocapital singularity as renaissance rationalitization and oceanic navigation lock into commoditization take-off. Logistically accelerating techno-economic interactivity crumbles social order in auto-sophisticating machine runaway. As markets learn to manufacture intelligence, politics modernizes, upgrades paranoia, and tries to get a grip.

The body count climbs through a series of globewars. Emergent Planetary Commercium trashes the Holy Roman Empire, the Napoleonic Continental System, the Second and Third Reich, and the Soviet International, cranking-up world disorder through compressing phases. Deregulation and the state arms-race each other into cyberspace.

By the time soft-engineering slithers out of its box into yours, human security is lurching into crisis. Cloning, lateral genodata transfer, transversal replication, and cyberotics, flood in amongst a relapse onto bacterial sex.

Neo-China arrives from the future.

Hypersynthetic drugs click into digital voodoo.

Retro-disease.

Nanospasm.
>>
>>1407845
Nah, people like going outside.
And anyways, you can already get groceries by phone or email so what else needs to be done?
If people really want to live indoors all the time call in doctors will make a comeback, and maybe even dentists.
>>
Who's going to take your trash out
>>
>>1408497
If you insisted, it could easily be done with a trash chute or robot.
>>
My only concern is what would happen to all the jobs when this happens? Self-driving cars and drones would do all the delivering and at a much lower cost. Even shitty low-end jobs like storing groceries would be taken by the automatons. Whenever I go to the grocery store I just type up a checklist on my phone and the machine has it ready for me before I even enter the building. I just feel bad for all the misfits and autists out there that will lose their only source of income and there's nothing they can do about it.
>>
>>1408752
Automation is death.
>>
>>1407845
What do you do when you need money?

and yes I think not only will that happen in the future, but I think it already could happen and the only thing holding it back is the fucking sheer unbelievable stupidity of most people.

I used to have that life, and I would take it back again in a heartbeat if I could. But nope, even though my job literally entails 0 human interaction and even though I'm sitting 3 feet away from my colleagues who send me fucking emails ANYWAY instead of talking to me, for some reason I can't do this job from home. Because it makes some fat cat feel good to see his employees put on pants every day and drive to work just to smile at him and say "mornin'"
That's literally the only reason I can't live the life I want.

Fuck this gay Earth, and fuck this time period, and fuck every single dumb son of a bitch on this planet who actually thinks spending 40hrs a week in an office isn't a form of literal torture and enslavement.
>>
>>1408772
You just have to keep moving.
>>
>>1408772
From what I hear, a lot of places are trying out letting employees work from home. It may take time to catch on.
>>
>>1410829
Although unfortunately I've heard of it mostly from Yahoo ending the practice. Not a good sign.
>>
>>1410829
I can't find a single one. I know people have that luxury but I don't think it's something you just go and find. I think they just luck out and fall ass backwards into it.

What's fucking annoying is I bet 90% of those people complain about it too
>You don't know how lucky you are to get to work in an office all day anon. I'm soooo lonely here getting to wear my fucking PJ's and watch TV or shitpost online while doing my work. Poor me
Fucking faggots who don't deserve it.
>>
>>1407845
>>
For most people, no. Humans are social creatures and those that just want to be left alone are quite a small minority. Not many people can handle this social isolation, even when there's online communication.
>>
Many people would still seek outside recreation, unless virtual reality becomes advanced enough.
>>
>>1407845
>Do you think that online-services will completely remove the need to leave your house?
Yeah.
>I'm becoming worried
Why?
>>
Can you use Amazon for food that needs to be refrigerated
>>
>>1407845
It'll never completely take over because there's people that prefer doing things in person. Personally I'm glad I live in times where things are just a click away for delivery and I can find anything I want on the internet. Now I just need to find a job working online and I'm set.
>>
I'd feel uncomfortable seeing the same handful of Mexicans every week constantly delivering my food from random take out places and grocery stores desu...even if I was a billionaire hermit living in a luxury palace pent house desu
>>
>>1413533
If I was a billionaire hermit I'd be living in a bunker with the best internet connection money can provide surviving off canned food deliveries.
>>
>>1413519
Bring back the milkman.
>>
>>1413519
It's not unusual to see stuff shipped with dry ice, but there's probably food that gets damaged with that and won't be of the same quality as fresh stuff. Finding ways to keep stuff fresh while not destroying the flavor or nutrition is probably going to be more important if this becomes popular.
>>
>>1413519
I think they do it for prime users.
>>
>going to the dentist
Why?
>>
>>1413519
You can use Safeway.
>>
>>1414695
bad teeth aren't just a cosmetic issue, they can literally kill you
>>
>>1415242
If they don't hurt I don't see why you'd need to go to the dentist. Not as an adult at least.
>>
>>1407845
I was going to ask how the fuck you buy shoes that fit properly without trying them on but if you don't go outside I guess you don't need any.
>>
i hope so.
>>
File: rms.jpg (62KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
rms.jpg
62KB, 690x460px
>>1407845
>Amazon
https://stallman.org/amazon.html
>Uber
https://stallman.org/uber.html
>>
>>1419183
Though I generally agree with him on such subjects, you can't possibly expect people to be swayed to his alignment by those pages. He's doing nothing but preaching to the choir. Superfluous and frankly ridiculous.
>>
the future is here
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.