[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I'm a monarchist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 3

File: 1377828504931.jpg (49KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1377828504931.jpg
49KB, 469x463px
>I'm a monarchist
>>
File: 1464502338086.png (335KB, 636x478px) Image search: [Google]
1464502338086.png
335KB, 636x478px
ITT: We argue whether Yang or Reinhard was correct in their views, and whether or not their preferred form of governance would have insured political stability.

Reinhard, having all but eliminated the high nobility, would have very little political opposition, minus those not of high birth still sympathetic to the old regime, such as Merkatz. Despite this, it was very clear that Reinhard was a champion of the people and very much popular among the masses. He also quite clearly followed in the footsteps of those enlightened despots like Napoleon, outwardly decrying the atrocities committed under the former Goldenbaum dynasty. However, given Reinhard elected to not appoint an heir, an internal power struggle following his death would be extremely likely, possibly forcing the Galactic Empire to abandon some if not all of their newly annexed former FPA territory especially given the death of the accomplished Vice Admiral Reuenthal.

Despite even this great handicap against the Empire, it was clear that the FPA did not have the civilian political leadership needed to re-establish a form of permanent government outside of those within the military who remained steadfast in their republican views. Moreover, as Yang left Julian Minci as his de facto successor, it would remain entirely possible that under the influence of the Rosenritter that Julian Minci would succumb to the idea of establishing a military junta as the former Admiral Greenhill had attempted previously during his coup d'etat on Heinessen. Alternatively, it's entirely possible that while initially Julian Minci leverages the use of the military, that he eventually defer authority back to elected officials following some form of free election.

(1/2)
>>
File: 67576557.gif (3MB, 1000x742px) Image search: [Google]
67576557.gif
3MB, 1000x742px
>>1382918
In other words, I believe that neither Yang nor Reinhard's views would have won outright. Rather, following Yang's death the FPA's form of republican democracy would either fall under the rule of a military junta, possibly lead by Julian Minci & Co, or a new republican government would rise in the place of the old FPA with the aid and sponsorship of military officials. The Galactic Empire, however, would have a far more tumultuous affair following Reinhard's abrupt death. Most likely, the Empire would fall into civil war over whomever would be an eligible successor, leading to a even more uncertain future than that of the former FPA.

(2/2)
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.