[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> direct democracy (the majority can vote for whatever it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 10

> direct democracy (the majority can vote for whatever it wants)
> secular state (unlike the usa)
>405'000 CHF(=414'000$) average wealth of a swiss person in 2014
>big mac statistic thing, the most expensive big mac is in switzerland at 6.6 dollar but we still have to work much less than nearly everyone
> so many more points but why bother

how does it feel not being swiss?
>>
Geneva is fucked though.
>>
>>91913708
the german speaking part of switzerland is the best part, i forgot to mention
>>
>>91913529

yeah.. your country is pretty based, i have to admit it... i have a friend living in there, from what he tells me, you guys are probably the best country in the world in what comes to quality of life.

still.. we have better beaches.. hooray...
>>
>>91913529
You Mountain Jews get guns, money, more free time...

I'm sure there's some kind of catch here.
>>
>>91914616
the catch is that there's no catch so people come here from everywhere and you can say goodbye to old switzerland and hello to multi-culti shithole until it's as shit as the countries everyone came from, but that's what's happening to every wealthy western country
>>
>>91913529
you have the most expensive big mac only because our currency went to shit
>>
>>91914616

its called boredom.

Switzerland is probably the most boring country in the world.
>>
>>91915051
why you don't vote to close borders?
>>
oh and we're in the middle of europe but not eu cucks
>>
>>91915051
that's happening there too?

i thought you guys had strict emigration laws. and that you were required to have jobs to be able to live there.
>>
>>91913529
thats why we flood your country and especially your fancy universities.
>>
>>91915181
we did (Masseneinwanderungsinitiative) but it takes time until it's formally implemented
>>
>>91915479
oh yeah and the germans. they're the worst
>>
>>91914299
>still.. we have better beaches.. hooray...
>he wants his country accessible to the fishmen

topcuck
>>
>>91915483
>Masseneinwanderungsinitiative
i bet thats not even the longest word in your language Franz... kek
>>
>>91913529
>irect democracy (the majority can vote for whatever it wants)

Uh oh :^)
>>
>>91913529
>> secular state (unlike the usa)

wtf is this supposed to mean?

Multiple Swiss cantons have established churches whereas every state in the US is constitutionally obligated to be secular.

The retarded issues anti-religious faggots like to point to are abortion and gay marriage. Abortion is massively more restricted in Switzerland than in the US where it is pretty much on-demand at any point. And there is no fag marriage in any canton of the Swiss Confederation. Both of which largely because of the religious-cultural leanings of the Swiss people.
>>
>>91915741
what is this about? about the gotthard tunnel?

>hesch no alli piranhas im teich kolleg?
>>
>>91913529
> direct democracy (the majority can vote for whatever it wants)

This is a bad thing because it means no one has basic freedom. They only have what's popular.

What happens when being anti free speech and anti gun becomes popular? Freedom gets voted away.
>>
>>91913529
10/10 guns are the only reason im staying in the us and switzerland does them second best. If Hillary fucks me in the ass i'll consider moving.
>>
>>91915892
don't you have to swear on the bible in the court in the us?
whatever the opinion of the voters is motivated is irrelevant, the state can still be secular
>>
>>91915978
https://www.thelocal.ch/20160922/swiss-press-criticize-berns-capitulation-on-immigration
>>
>>91916148
We have a vote a few years ago to ban guns from every man who have finished the army or at least to put them in a place with surveillance. It's has been refused.

Deal with that.
>>
>>91916148
majoritiy is stupid, yeah that's what i think as well, but it has worked out surprisingly well until now
>>
>>91916245
come on over, americans are always welcome
>>
>>91913529
>Majority rules is a good thing

Tyranny of the majority is not a good thing.
>>
File: switzerland.png (58KB, 657x390px) Image search: [Google]
switzerland.png
58KB, 657x390px
>>91916245

I hope you appreciate a good dog steak :^)
>>
It feels bad, and I'd immigrate, but I don't want to bring my Iranian genes into your beautiful country.
>>
>>91916148
Still better than politicians taking away your freedom with no real input from you.
>>
File: Canada Cool Guy Shit Post.png (202KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
Canada Cool Guy Shit Post.png
202KB, 585x560px
>>91916617

It is for the majority so fuck off nigger.
>>
>>91914616
>I'm sure there's some kind of catch here.
Lower purchasing power
Restrictions on how you can use your guns and ammunition
Higher taxes
Less to do
Less opportunities

etc.
>>
File: 1466368758808.jpg (29KB, 514x369px)
1466368758808.jpg
29KB, 514x369px
The Swiss are the type of people who would phone the police on their neighbours because their grass is too long.
>>
>>91916771

Can 51% of the population enslave the other 49%?

It would be better for the majority!
>>
>>91916350
>don't you have to swear on the bible in the court in the us?
No.

>whatever the opinion of the voters is motivated is irrelevant, the state can still be secular

This is incoherent. You've yet to explain what you mean by Switzerland being secular. It is literally a confederation with the vast majority of cantonal governments having established churches. That is the opposite of secular. Read a dictionary some time.
>>
>>91916411
yeah that's just a matter of definition, because the majority voted against another refferendum which could be interpreted to be against the other one but that's bullshit if you ask me
>>
>>91915122
But how? You can ski, take walks, boat, you can find something to do. It is the current year, if you live in the first world then there is no excuse to be bored unless you have a huge power outage during the night.

Unless you think of crime as the spice of life.
>>
>>91916934

No or Quebec would be independent.
>>
>>91916934
How is 1% of the population enslaving the rest, better than 51% I'm confused what do people want here? What's better than direct democracy?
>>
>>91913529
Quality of life is a good point, but there's literally nothing to see in your country apart from the mountains, it's so boring. At least Belgium has the peeing boy sculpture, Switzerland is just villages and villages and villages
>>
>>91916785
Finland is best country desu.
t. a citizen of Europe
>>
>>91915700
oy, we are the fishmen
>>
>>91916785
higher taxes than whom? I pay my 13th pay, wage whatever the word is, as taxes
that's not much
>>
>>91915051
What would you say to a white Australian with German descent moving to Switzerland for his gf?
>>
>>91913529
Switzerland is one of the best countries in the world. If the principles that created the U.S. didnt prohibit things like peace time conscription for everyone, I would advocate following the Swiss example.

Of course it would never work here anyway since our culture isn't even close to being homogeneous.
>>
>>91913529
>swiss
Everyone in Switzerland is an Albanian and they are smelly so it feels good not being a smelly mongoloid "swiss"
>>
>>91917137
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/russian-tourists-keep-swiss-tills-ringing/3725116
>>
>>91916670
But much worse than having laws no one can legally vote away.
>>
>>91916427
Wise choice.

You country sounds nice.

One of you said the average worth of a citizen is 400k USD.

Could I travel to Schweiz und stehlen deiner Arbeitstelle?
>>
>>91917770
The Swiss don't have a constitution?
>>
>>91913529
>a fucking square
>>
How far does Direct Democracy go? what happens if someone made a proposal like I want to go to space and it legitimately passes.
>>
File: st mary's.jpg (89KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
st mary's.jpg
89KB, 480x640px
>>91913529
Switzerland is alright. But your flag is shit. It looks like a first aid kit.
Sort it out. It's too small.

The flag of my country isn't even attached to this post. Pic related. It's my church. Flag of England - the Cross of Saint George.
We have lakes, mountains and horrible weather too. And we don't like the EU.

Maybe our countries have some common ideals.
>>
>>91917316
if you have a job here then I don't care, germans are being provoked a little bit but not really seriously although they tend to take it seriously
>>
>>91918001
>England
>Country.
HAHAHAHAAHA. Good joke United Kingdomian.
>>
>>91916544
You can come over to diet Switzerland (New Hampshire) if you want to.
Good:
>gun licenses don't exist
>shall issue concealed carry permits
>Snow and Skiing
>Maple syrup
>land is ridiculously cheap
Bad:
>Full autos are pricey and hard to get
>not nearly as great mountains
>French speaking cunts right next to us (true for you too)
>Only great colleges are close but in cucked states
>>
>>91917955
I'm pretty sure they still have politicians, it's just that all of the citizens vote on things instead of a small group of officials. Swiss Anon can confirm if I'm correct or not.
>>
>>91913529
Hiding away all that Nazi gold sure did you some good Plus sign
>>
File: 1475774511956.png (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475774511956.png
21KB, 500x500px
>>91914134
>>91913529
DW I'm moving to your country to marry your women and get my duel citizenship there.
>>
File: 1369359674718.gif (628KB, 697x400px)
1369359674718.gif
628KB, 697x400px
>>91916626
>>
>>91917848
if you're educated probably
you could probably even live of welfare, the immigration politics are way too lash for my taste anyway
>>
>>91918001
>my country

The Isle of Pakistan? :^)
>>
>>91918157
well, we have politiciany but if the people decide the state has to follow through, even if just one party (or none at all but that has never happened) is advocating it.
>>
>>91918151
>MtWashington
>Mt
>barely higher than the forest

What were they thinking?
>>
I am actually planning to start learning german so I can live there some day
>>
>>91918299
I don't need to live off welfare lol. I'm educated in finance and communications. How hard is it to get job at a Swiss bank as an American who speaks English and German? I could work on the French if they need me it.
>>
>>91918631
Why ruin whatever good they have?
>>
>Stuck up shithole
>Toxic expats
>We hate your tourists here so much we rape them and kill them in the bush
>>
>>91915702
These stupid motherfuckers don't separe the words when they are talking about something. Think about a really big and weird number. Spell it out. Remove the spaces. There you go, the biggest word in german.
>>
>>91918001
our flag is not shorter in lenght, it's wider in width
>>
>>91913529
Square Flag < Real flag.
As far as Europe goes,
Croatia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, are not cucked. The UK will be uncucked once brexit takes place. The others are all cucked. Shame.
Send the migrants here. We're already fucked, might as well save Europe.
>>
>>91918631
shit is hard and evil

>>91918727
fuck off bacon strip
>>
>>91917770
In Swiss you can modify any law that have been made. You have to reunite 100'000 signatures of other countrymen and a they're will be a vote even if you change a law in the constitution.

>>91917848
Majority could be a tyranny. Be here, we are a conservative people. So the majority made always the wise choice.
If you are outside the Shengen area you have to find a job first. Then your employer will make a demand for you for a permit. So I hope you have a degree and can find a kind employer.
>>
>>91918789
>We hate your tourists here so much we rape them and kill them in the bush
Kek. It's always either Swiss of Czechs.
>>
>>91915479
If this is true, then you deserve all the immigrants you get. Stay in your country, Hans.
>>
>>91918789
Why are Kiwis the worst Anglos?
>>
Is learning Swiss German worth it? Or should one learn German German?
>>
>>91918618
>tfw it's the highest mountain in the northeast
>tfw only 5800 ft. or 1700 m.
>tfw 5'8k mountlet
feelsbadman
>>
>>91918571

So what stops a joke referendum passing. Like a referendum passes by 50.1% that states meat consuming is illegal. What happens then?
>>
>>91919206
Glass houses, America, Glass Houses.
>>
Hallo tzama

Prob doing Military next year, what can I expect? Will they bully me for being an American? I speak the language but my writing is ass.
>>
>>91919314
Meat consumption illegal.
>>
>>91919314
I'd assume they would have to gather signatures again and fix it.
>>
>>91919314
You can hold a referendum that violates the constitution m8
>>
>>91919298
There is literally nothing wrong in having a mountlet

>>91919212
your dubs generator is broken. Standarddeutsch
>>
>>91919212
swiss german is more a strong dialect of german. Every formal text is in german so you'd have to learn german to write and read but learn to talk swiss german to not be an outsider

there's also loads of dialects within swiss german, influenced by french, italian or just the "farmer" german
>>
>>91913529
Who works in McDonald's in Switzerland?
>>
>>91919314
What happens if a referendum passes for leaving a commercial union who has been profitable for you since years based on false arguments because you were not in Shengen and the vast majority of your immigration were Paki and Indians ?

We enforce the law. And we don't have a part of our population lament over the result and we don't wait a year to enforce it.

I know that the concept of democracy can be hard to understand but thank god Brexit give you a good taste of it.
>>
>>91919622

Then whats the point. You can have a vote and then delay it without it ever being enacted.

Can you imaging having an EU referendum vote every year? More than 100,000 would really vote to join but 5,000,000 wouldn't. What stops dumb shit from happening?
>>
>>91920122
I didn't know people were actually so fucking stupid that the idea of real democracy and choice actually scares them.

I wish I was Swiss, fuck.
>>
>>91919530
no they won't bully you i expect
I will do military next year in the summer, where will you go to?
>>
File: are-we-afraid-no.jpg (124KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
are-we-afraid-no.jpg
124KB, 800x450px
>>91918124
It is a country.
United Kingdom is composed of four countries:
Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
There are different legal systems for each nation.
For example, I can own a pistol in NI. It's banned in England. But I have two shotguns. In Scotland I would be arrested.

I'm English. My wife is Scottish. The law and political represtation are different.
Wales and England have very close links legally, but there are differences.
We are not one nation.
>>
>>91920122

Except that you have voted limit immigration and the EU are saying no. So you will by law have to unilaterally suspend your deals with the EU. And your Government is already dithering on with it because they know it's economic suicide.

Have fun!
>>
>>91920216
>What stops dumb shit from happening?
What stops the elites who decide all your laws from doing dumb shit?
>>
>>91919996
foreigners and students lol
>>
>>91920488

Nothing. And I get that. I would like a 2nd ammendment in the UK.

But your straw man argument doesn't actually answer my point. So...
>>
Im good
>>
>>91920470
I know. Getting out of this shit will be a hard fight and, joke aside. I wish good luck to you and for my country. I still hope that for both your nations the will of the people will be respected. It will be economical hard for both of us but freedom has its price.
>>
>>91920892

Yours will be definitely respected but it's a dumb move. You don't have the political clout that we have. We can have demands and somehow get them. The EU depends on us FAR more than they depend on you. They can literally ignore you and if you implode, then wouldn't give a fuck because your economy is fairly small in the grand scheme of things. They can't do that for us.

You should have stopped at the "Swiss nationals" first policy tbqh. It's a good policy (although Italian Ticinos are pissed. kek)

We will suffer economically for Brexit but I agree, I cherish freedom more than anything.
>>
>>91920825
People here still have some brain left so this just doesn't happen, we'll vote against less taxes and vote for more control of the secret service if the situation demands it
>>
>>91920825
you're posting this in every thread but with a different spin on it every time. You're not an army ranger you're a faggot ranger.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.