[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>claim to support green energy >opposes nuclear energy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

>claim to support green energy
>opposes nuclear energy which is the best green power

dont tell me there are actual greenfags that believe this.
>>
idk about Europe, but there are a ton of "environmentalist" types that thing Climate Change will kill us all in 2020 if we don't do something NOW but think nuclear power is a terrible idea
>>
>>59972710
But da nuclear energy is bad look at Japan desu desu
>>
>>59972710
I support nuclear energy if it's not close enough to kill millions. Not like people will listen to me though
>>
File: muh sacred land.png (493KB, 608x410px) Image search: [Google]
muh sacred land.png
493KB, 608x410px
i've seen liberals flip their shit over proposals to store nuclear waste inside remote mountain ranges, hundreds of miles from where anyone lives.

all 'cause some native american once got high on peyote there and declared the land sacred.
>>
>>59972812
for some reason they never understand you cant power a whole city with just a few windmills
>>
>>59972829
>kill millions
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>59973214
>Chernobyl
>>
>>59972710
It's mostly due to misinformation propagated by the oil industry. They scaremonger and the useful idiots that are liberals and environmentalists eat it all up. They're useful idiots. They don't realize that only nuclear had the capacity to produce the energy we need and in a much cleaner way. Storing the waste isn't even a big deal if efficient and modern reactors are used, not to mention that radiation caused by reactors on the area around them is negligible or nonexistent.
>>
>>59973486
That was a shitty reactor design and was awfully maintained. They knew ahead of time it was going to meltdown they just didn't try to stop it. Environmental radiation in Chernobyl is normal now, by the way.
>>
>>59972710
This works only if your country is not as corrupt as mine. They would probably give the nuclear waste to the mob , and hide it in some shitty please
>>
>>59973486
49 people died.

And a slight increase in cases of cancer in the years after, affecting some thousands which could have happened anyways.
>>
>>59973690
Actually anything good only works in homogeneous white countries, shitskins and jews corrupt everything they touch.
>>
>>59973486
>Soviet Russia cranking their janky-ass shit up to 11 represents nuclear power
>>
>>59973806
Jews probably created the technology to begin with. Shitskins, at least not niggers, have also maintained nuclear reactors just look at Mexico. You're full of shit.
>>
>>59972710
>nuclear power
Go to bed gramps, we fusion now.
>>
>>59973124

I'm still sour about Yucca. Was as good of a place to store waste long term as any. Fear and misinformation is what killed it.
>>
>>59973486
>Communists in charge of anything

Wow, the profit motive also has safety benefits, who'da thunk it?
>>
File: australiamap.jpg (191KB, 644x440px) Image search: [Google]
australiamap.jpg
191KB, 644x440px
>>59973124
Same thing here. We could have pits in the outback, safely sealed for 10,000 years, for the world's nuclear waste, which we could charge rent for. If you have any grasp of the sheer scale of the outback you'd think it was a good idea.

But instead the entire red centre is "sacred" somehow, even though most of it is so inhospitible that the abos never actually lived there.
>>
>>59974055

This

>building a reactor with no containment

Even the earliest of US nuclear power plants weren't half-assed nearly to the level of Chernobyl.
>>
>>59972710
I'm 100% pro nuclear power, I go as far as shilling at my university (better than debating genetics or eugenics...).
>>
>>59974287
fusion is a form of nuclear power
>>
>>59974428
so instead of a location guaranteed to be geologically stable for the lifetime of the waste, American power plants are stuck storing their used fuel rods on site, usually next to major waterways, in cooling tanks which require constant power to remove decay heat

lots more secure.
>>
THHOOOOOOOOOORRRRIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM

THORIUM
WILL
MAKE
AMERICA
GREAT
AGAIN
>>
>>59972710
People who claim to want clean energy and hate nuclear power need to kill themselves right now.
>>
>>59972710
I suppose you wouldn't mind then having nuclear waste stored in your neighbourhood? I mean it is green after all?
>>
File: o-HARRY-REID-facebook.jpg (360KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-HARRY-REID-facebook.jpg
360KB, 2000x1000px
>>59974428
>Fear and misinformation is what killed it.

and Harry fucking Reid
>>
File: THIS.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>59974983
>THORIUM
>>
>>59974983
Enjoy your atomic winter nuclear shill. I know what I am talking about.
>>
>>59975052
My neighbourhood probably doesn't meet the lithological and groundwater requirements.
>>
>>59975052
Why would you store it in your neighbourhood? see: >>59974616

Also you're not a yank.
>>
The best green power is Solar. It's cheap, requires very little maintenance and has great output. Maybe for high density areas I could see them building Thorium reactors to replace fossil fuels, it just needs some more research.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 483x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 483x504px
>>59972710
>tritium leaks are clean
>guaranteed local cancer
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43475479/ns/us_news-environment/t/radioactive-tritium-leaks-found-us-nuke-sites/
>>
>>59972710
Nuclear power masterrace
As long as we dont have shit tier standard reactors with untrained crews that disregard security protocols were pretty much safe.
>>
>>59975601
beta particles from tritium decay are extremely low energy

almost every exit sign you see is full of tritium

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination
>>
Nuclear power a best if it's done right.
>>
>>59975317
>Thorium
Australia becoming top shitposters again I see
>>
>>59972710

Daily reminder that Lockheed-Martin will save us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYClniDFkM
>>
>>59976319
>beta particles from tritium decay are extremely low energy
>extremely low energy

mfw
>>
>>59976581
>fusion

Let this meme die.
>>
>>59976649

Fusion is the future.
>>
>>59976649
>meme
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendelstein_7-X#History

>The reactor successfully produced helium plasma (with temperatures of about 1×106 K) for about 0.1 s on 10 December 2015. For this initial test with about 1 mg of helium gas injected into the evacuated plasma vessel, microwave heating was applied for a short 1.3 MW pulse. Initial tests with hydrogen plasma are planned for early 2016,[16] and the operational phase 1 (OP-1) is expected in 2016.
>>
>>59972710
Put em in a desert or other area where a fuck up isn't going to hurt anyone outside the property.
The real problem from my understanding is disposing the waste.
>>
>>59976649
France is already building a working fusion reactor.
>>
>>59972710
Can we store all the reactor waste in your country? If we can, then I'm all for switching to nuclear power.

>tfw you'll never get a post-apocalyptic razor jungle built around waste facility to prevent the stone age people that survive from disturbing it

http://www.damninteresting.com/this-place-is-not-a-place-of-honor/
>>
>>59977128

We already have a perfectly safe place to store nuclear waste: Yucca Mountain. This piece of land has been geologically surveyed more than any other place on Earth, so we know it is safe, and it has enough room for all the waste. The only problem is delayed implementation because of hysterical people like you.

Stop holding the human race back from achieving its atomic destiny.
>>
>>59977453
No, if OP thinks it's safe then why can't we just give them all the waste? Why do we have to marr American land with this poison if he's willing to take it? And if not, why? If nuclear power is perfect and without any problems then you shouldn't object to a few thousand spent rods sleeping in the womb of their clay rather than mine.
>>
>>59977748

It's right next to the land where the original nuclear bomb tests were done. The land is already tainted.
>>
South Carolina and Georgia are building new plants and reactors. It's great. South Carolina receives 60% of its electricity from nuclear, and sells to other states
>>
>>59972710
I doubt they truly care (they think they care because of the conditioning) they are the same people who will be vegans just because it make them feel superior, they are contrarians and the worst kind of hipsters.
>>
>>59977838
Then we don't need to make it any worse. Put it somewhere else, in another country that likes nuclear power. Hell we'll even pay them, or just take it as compensation for decades of protection during the Cold War.
>>
>>59972710
It won't happen until the oil runs out. Oil lobby too strong, and the US isn't seriously interested in supplanting oil since the petrodollar is how we keep our money the defacto global currency.
>>
Leftists are instantly triggered by "Nuclear" because few have any kind of education in science.
>>
>>59972710
tell this to fukushima
>>
>>59979516
>gooks build reactor in region prone to earthquakes and tsunamis
>blame the reactor and not the gooks for being stupid.
>>
>>59979516
Japan is ironically the region that needs nuclear the most, but is also the most unsuitable for it.
>>
Efficient conversion of matter to energy, but too expensive due to regulations and unions. Net efficiency not worth it.
>>
>>59974983
Thorium is literally a pop-sci meme.
>>
>>59979516
fukushima was nuked by the jew

jew company recently installed giant "security cameras" shaped exactly like shotgun nukes

reactor blew up that had no fuel in it

theyre made to withstand the force of a runaway nuclear reaction
>>
fukushima was blown up by the treacherous jew because japan wouldnt give money to the world bank
>>
>>59972710
Why can't we just nuke the Jews
i mean if our military is as powerful as people say it is we should be able to fuck shit up and stop these good for nothing jews before they take over
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (184KB, 1608x1168px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
184KB, 1608x1168px
>>59972710
The people that do both usually live comfy as fuck lives in something like that.
>>
>>59972710
>not using Nuclear/Wind/Solar master race in comination with energy storage and smart grid
>2016
>>
>>59979516
>meanwhile, over a hundred km closer to the epicenter of the earthquake

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-nuclear-tsunami-idUSTRE79J0B420111021
>>
>>59972829
How do you even kill millions with a nuclear power plant?

Give a scenario.
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 1456x816px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 1456x816px
>>59980373
>Why can't i just kill Darth Sidious
i mean if my force is as powerful as people say it is i should be able to fuck shit up and stop these good for nothing siths before they take over
>>
>>59976899
It's still experimental. We expect the first working prototype around 2050 and it will not become a significant part of our energy production before the 2080's.
>>
>>59980535
Radiation.

The magic Jew invented propaganda. An invisible force that no one can see but it kills you.

Made up bullshit.

I've been in chernoybls reactor room. Nothing fucking there.
>>
>>59980685
Sounds more feasible than magical EM drive.
>>
File: milk.gif (23KB, 648x418px) Image search: [Google]
milk.gif
23KB, 648x418px
>>59973511
The two are not even conflicting interests, nuclear generated electricity does not drive cars, in fact it takes a shitload of oil to build and run a nuke plant, sometimes pump jacks run on the juice. You also need a shitload of oil to dig up the radioactive rocks and refine them, move them to the reactors and then move the waste out somewhere.

>>59979403
Oil will not run out, it will get very expensive though. Why are most people so retarded when it comes to basic energy science in the 21st century? They think technology is an energy source when it's an energy sink, they think some magical replacement for oil will suddenly materialize out of thin air, they think electrical grids and internal combustion engines are interchangeable. It will end badly.
>>
>>59980789
It does not matter. We are human. If it is physically possible, we will do it. What used to be our predators now go fetch the ball to divert us. The all powerful fire is now our bitch. We use volcanoes to get warm showers. We can fucking tame the sun and place it in a mouse wheel.
>>
>>59980737
How do you make a nuclear power plant irradiate its surroundings quickly and powerfully enough to kill millions?

Give a scenario.
>>
>>59974616
>dumping all of our nuclear waste in australia
>fucking mutant spiders, snakes, scorpians and kangaroos
no thank you

But seriously people pretend like this is SO much waste that can't possibly be stored or contained. What's funny is that coalplants produce nuclear waste as well
>>
>>59981183
Nuke it from orbit.
>>
>>59981183
>quickly
Remove this one.

Now, imagine Fukushima was in western Europe and 500M people would have to live in 10µSv/h.
>>
>>59981503
Mutant meme in reality just results in deformed animals that die
>>
File: 1450296797758.png (215KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1450296797758.png
215KB, 500x375px
>>59981021
>Predicting the economic situation of the world in 50 years solely based on the election of a single candidate.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.