[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discussion on individual selfishness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (370KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
370KB, 2048x1536px
Am I the only one who cannot stand the fact that every human being regards themself as above all others? I'll elaborate a bit~ I feel as though I am alone in the hate I feel and resentment towards the attitude everyone seems to have; we all believe that we're each so special and unique and original and that no one else is like us and that also leads us to out ourselves above others and come under the impression we're better. Are people like this because of society or is just because humans are naturally selfish in nature? I've also noticed that every action humans make wether it be under the guise of unselfishness or not- is all for our own selfish sub conscience reason. Think about that. I know many of you many not agree but I just want some thoughts on this.
>>
File: melissa debling.jpg (79KB, 1140x641px) Image search: [Google]
melissa debling.jpg
79KB, 1140x641px
A lot of it is conditioning. There is a lot of money to be made off of a population if they all are trying to fuck eachother over for money. That's kinda why America is so rich. I for one think it's disgusting and we should see eachother as on the same team but fuck, can't do much to change it.
>>
>>53773078
i think you're 15 and will soon grow out of this feeling.
>>
>>53773247
I honestly went the opposite way, I think the assertion that thinking of yourself as part of a group is immature is a ridiculous sentiment to have.
>>
>>53773078
>i hate how everyone thinks they are special
>But im totally special as in im the only one who thinks like this.
>>
>>53773460
True. But that's why I made this thread to see if others agree or what their thoughts are
>>
>>53773247
Yeah maybe
>>
>>53773078

>humans are naturally selfish in nature?

This is unfortunately true. There is an altruism-inclined component to the brain, but it's you who is receiving the chemical reward pleasure for 'helping others.'

Philosophy exists for this purpose. We are able to create systems of belief that help better serve human's tendency to be a social creature, but on a purely chemical level, yes, we are all selfish fucks.

There's really no escaping that.
>>
I see that you feel better now that you have been thinking all of this
maybe... you are better than the ones who don't think like this?
>>
>>53774113
>I made this thread to see if people hate me like I do
I agree on that.
>>
More commie collectivist insect bullshit

Everyone is different, each and every individual is capable of something great - but not everyone is 'special'. It is up to you, to make your life
>>
>>53774297
Lol
>>
>>53774234
That's sort of a depressing thought to know that naturally we are selfish and there's no way to escape that as long as you are alive ( as we only live our lives in our bodies)
>>
>>53774475

why is that depressing? what would be the alternative?
>>
>>53774622
Not being naturally self centered
>>
>>53774475

It's really not.

We can approach hedonism from an area of usefulness . Yes, we are inclined towards activities that 'pleasure' us, but we can use higher reasoning to keep them under control [IE, controlling food intake to avoid being a fatfuck, monitoring time spent online to avoid being swept away, etc].

While, chemically, what we do ultimately serves to provide us with pleasure or pain, we can build resistance to the latter in order to better serve the interests of the collective, giving individualism minimal consideration. Granted, this is difficult given that our culture is one of indulgent vice, but it's worth overcoming the primitive brain that only wants to be rewarded on a selfish level.

That's where activating higher reasoning comes into the equation.
>>
>>53774844

We are "programmed" to seek pleasure and avoid pain, and nothing would make sense if our brains worked any differently That doesn't mean you should be an individualist, consumerist, egomaniac all the time.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.