[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the political agendas in the academic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

File: indoctrination-134-1-480440[1].jpg (23KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
indoctrination-134-1-480440[1].jpg
23KB, 480x440px
How do you feel about the political agendas in the academic world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyvRHrYYBA
>>
>>36462183
>How do you feel about the political agendas in the academic world?
It makes me laugh.

Because so many "clever people" are often ignorant, lacking of knowledge and with no common sense.

I am no a Westerner and attended university in the UK and took a year out to also study in America.

I met so many liberal types who treated me like a child, knew nothing of my culture but acted like they understood me.

Ultimately it is this: they have an anti-west narrative of the world FORMED IN THE WEST. They believe their perspective puts them outside the west, but it doesn't. It was formed in the west. Don't know what I mean? I will give you an example: they know about colonialism in Africa, but know nothing about Africa before then. It is an ultimate ignorance, they pretend to love other cultures but only know about other cultures when the west attacked/colonized them.

So this is why they go "Imperialism and slavery are bad!" When every nation on Earth has practiced it. They think ONLY THEIR issues are important, like the American race problem, but don't realize that the world has other issues.

I tried to explain to someone about the Rwandan genocide between two tribes, how the Hutus were forced to work for Tutsis and they had no idea what I was talking about because "Africa was perfect before colonialism!"

I have 1001 stories about liberal college students, especially American, talking down to me despite acting like they understand my culture.
>>
>>36462919
>I am no a
*not a

Sorry it is late and I'm tired.
>>
>>36462919

Please, go on.
>>
>>36463002
Okay, bit of background: my dad is Syrian and my mum is Lebanese. Remove kebab, yeah I know but I don't subscribe to the Islamic faith and neither do they. I lived in Beirut for the first part of my life before moving to the UK. I studied history. Had an option to study in the US for a year and did that too.

>Having an induction at US college.
>Induction is for foreign students.
>Buffet/tea/coffee thing after.
>Girl from students union is attending.
>Colourful hair and piercings.
>Can't remember her exact title but it involved being a "equality/diversity" officer.
>Asked me whether Beirut was dangerous like in Homeland.
>Place where I lived was liberal as fuck.
>Honestly asked me if it was super dangerous full of terrorists while putting her hand on my arm, asking if it was alright to ask.
>She asked - was it really dangerous there, how do you feel about America, it is alright if you dislike America - we all do a little big (followed by a grin).
>Tone of the voice was like how you see people talking to a retarded child.
Oh if you don't know what it is like: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/09/world/meast/beirut-middle-east-party-capital/
It changed a lot over the past few decades. Hardly fucking Homeland.
>>
>>36463376
>Colourful hair and piercings.
>"equality/diversity" officer
>Tone of the voice was like how you see people talking to a retarded child.
Holy fuck do I loathe people like this.
>>
>>36463376
>She literally expected me to give classic raghead, "Death to America!" style answers.

>People doing Middle East studies decided to invite me to a lecture/seminar.
>Boring enough lecture.
>Got to the seminar and it was basically the same hate America crowd going on and on.
>Thought it was nice we had our own culture etc etc, burqas/hijabs and all that.
>Told them that not all Muslim countries do that.
>Lebanon is fucking liberal as shit when it comes to that.
>Even their professor didn't know that.
>Professor asked me if I supported Hezbollah and voted for them.
>Are you serious.. seemed to think Hezbollah runs everything.
>Girl asked me how I felt about Christians.
>Told her there were load sof Christians in Lebanon.
>She told me there wasn't.
>bitchareyouserious.
>Yes there are.
>No there isn't, fucking Google that shit if you don't believe me.
>Professor explains to here that there is.
>She then believes the professor.
Like fucking lemmings and sheep.
>>
Good lord, these people have lost all independent thought
>>
Feel free to preach to us man, these stories are gold.
>>
>>36463668
Anyway, I was taking a few different history classes with domestic American as my major.

>Got an assignment to write a source analysis of the American Civil War, adding in own shit etc etc.
>I usually get firsts back in UK so fuck it this will be easy.
>Wrote about the bullshit of the Gettysburg Address.
>Brought in shit loads of fucking sources.
>Professor tells me that my writing style/sources are good but I was overtly negative and understated its importance.
>In the UK, I have written some essays in the exact same way and gotten good marks because it is about quality of argument/evidence.
>Guy marks me down harshly but openly tells me because I am a foreigner he won't be too harsh on me.
>Some fucking pity from this guy.

>Decided to try and join a society and wanted a charity on my list so thought about Amnesty international.
>I mean all they mostly do is write letters to people.
>Group of people just continually talking about "issues" doing no fundraising/writing letters of support to people.
>Kept asking for my goddamn opinion on everything while nodding to everything I said.
>Talking about fucking Iraq and turning to me and saying over there, where you're from.
>Fucking Lebanon isn't fucking Iraq.
>>
>>36464115
>Got invited to a party by coloured hair chick diversity-whatever person.
>I know fucking no one. Not the most outgoing person.
>I'm wasn't one to judge by politics as many of my friends have had varied beliefs.
>Few drinks and loosening up around people is nice.
>Get taken to this bar.
>Loud music, good so less fucking talking.
>Get asked by someone buying a round if I drink, say yes.
>Everyone goes "Owww" as if they have just seen a pig fly.
>Brunette is doing the same shit, what is Lebanon like, is it full of really bad people etc etc.
>Shouting this shit into my ear over the music.
>Have a few drinks, make a joke.
>Guys laugh.
>Coloured hair chick looks like, I didn't know you were so funny, that is soo interesting while looking round to her mates (didn't fucking laugh, like I was some sideshow exhibit).
>Asked how I enjoyed things here blah blah.
>Anyway, chilling in someone's hall later on and she introduces me as her "Lebanese friend" to some other fucking piercing girl (as if to try and get diversity points).
>Get invited to join debating society that they are forming.

Skip a few weeks of more boring crap and I actually attend this "debating society".
>No fucking goddamn motherfucking debating.
>Literally another circle jerk of discussing the "issues".
>End up on the Iraq War.
>Finished saying my piece and a girl looks me dead in the eyes and tells me, "Just for the record, I was against it right from the start as I didn't want to hurt all those Muslim civilians."
>Are you serious? You would have been a little teenage fucking girl.
>Also, why the fuck you were telling me this as if ridding yourself of some fucking guilt.. it made no sense unless it was another "assume we are all the same".
>Fucking hypocrisy of these cunts.
>>
>>36464513
This is gold and rage-inducing
>>
>>36464513
Slowly managed to get a decent group of friends so I could avoid talking to most of these people.

Although I should tell you, yes these stories are bad, but remember there is days inbetween all this shit. I basically had to deal with a lot of people being a foreign student.

I forgot to mention I had a "buddy" for the first few weeks who to get me into college life:
>Was doing it as he was part of this culture course thing.
>Another liberal fucker.
>Was shocked that I spoke decent English.
>Took me to a Lebanese restaurant on my 5th fucking day in case I felt "homesick".
>Fucking restaurant was fucking run by fucking Pakistanis, yeah mate, just like home...
>Waited for me outside classes to show me around etc.
>>
>>36464513
Man that is fucking cringeworthy. Is it normal for SJW types to act like that or what?
>>
>>36464780
Also: sorry for all the typos as I'm really tired.

>Attending several classes about American history.
>So many leaps in logic.
>I did a Civil Rights course/module thing cover from Resonstruction era to present day.
>Getting told about the evils of Jim Crow.
>History professor makes quite a few mistakes.
>Also: UK professors taught me the historiography of subjects (basically historical philsoophy yadda yadda, how each event has interpretations e.g. basic orthodox/revisionist ideas on a subject).
>NEVER MENTIONS THIS (to a historian this is HERESY).
>Acts like his word is truth.
>Skips over loads of stuff.
>Seminar time to shine, decide to play devils advocate.
>Start talking about Booker T Washington and how I felt that the Tuskegee instituite's ideas of building work, industrial education was a better process than W.E.B Du Bois, Niagara Movement, NAACP.
>How post-WW2 African Americans only got somewhere as they had a stake in industrial sector.
>No one has done the fucking reading (wasn't on Washington but still, who pays for an education and does nothing).
>No one knows who I was talking about.
>Everyone argues against me that Jim Crow was racissss and held everyone back.
>Keep saying yes it is but they had two options: aim at changing laws or aim at industry/economics. And economics are more important for changing perspectives. Money is an economic vote, essentially..
>No one can argue a damn.
>Fucking NO ONE cares about shit prior to MLK.

>>36464937
In my first post I said:
>Ultimately it is this: they have an anti-west narrative of the world FORMED IN THE WEST. They believe their perspective puts them outside the west, but it doesn't. It was formed in the west.
You think racists are ignorant? People who pretend to be anti-racist are often the most racist. Do you think any of these people took a second to Google Lebanon? Nope. Because I am foreign guy then I am cool "anti-American culture" guy.
>>
>>36465231
Also I can't count, I literally can't count (it was that many times) I had to explain to someone about this genocide, war massacre. Everyone was constantly talking about colonialism and imperialism being the worst thing ever. Could they actually name ONE colonial massacre? I put someone on the spot and they got agiatated when they couldn't

I had to explain to a girl about the Sabra and Shatila massacre, the genocide against Bosniaks, Armenian genocide so many more across the world.

I mean Bosniaks was in the 90s. No knowledge. All these fucking gaps in their history. and loads of these comments were from off handed remarks during discussions that stopped them dead as the people were like "Huh?" These are MEANT to be people studying history.

The fact that most of them didn't know what historiography is.. fucking hell. History is SUBJECTIVE.

Guy in one seminar started talking about this history book. I go off on one, "that monograph is bias in so many ways because yadda yadda" and he was acting like that monograph was the TRUTH. History has so many interpretations. By the way, he didn't even know the word monograph - it is a specialized work on a single aspect or study (if you don't know yourself).

The general stop gaps in knowledge are frustrating. I live and breath for discussion.
>>
>>36465596
>History is SUBJECTIVE.
If you don't get what I mean by that I just mean the interpretations in it etc, I don't go for that post-structuralist bollocks.

Oh and also my coup de grâce in terms of blows against ignorant people was:
>Me, someone originally from Lebanon.
>Explaining the history of Ireland.
>To a girl who kept shouting about her Irish heritage but when pressed didn't know any of the words I mentioned.
>Didn't know what Ulster was or Sinn Féin.
>But it doesn't matter, I'm Irish!
>Why did she keep mentioning her history btw?
>In any discussions about privilege (oh there were a few, like when I went to debating society) she would say - IRISH PEOPLE WERE OPPRESSED! My ancestors were oppressed!
>Oh being that I am no Western - I was exempt from having to name my privilege (my fucking parents are middle class as fuck being that my dad is a fucking doctor).
>>
>>36462183

fucing hate it

liberals love the word "psuedoscience"
>>
>>36463668
>>No there isn't, fucking Google that shit if you don't believe me.
>>Professor explains to here that there is.
>>She then believes the professor.

You go to college to learn there are Christians in Lebanon ?
Holy fuck, US colleges really suck.
>>
>>36465884
Just a few more before I have to sleep (to anyone lurking in the thread).

>FUCK EVERY SINGLE SHOUTEY BLACK CLIPBOARD WAVER.
>No, I don't want to put my name down because of this or that.
>Screw your petition about bathrooms or getting more representation at this college.
>How is my name going to do that.
>Shit loads of people asking for soladarity because we are "PoC".

>Fuck, they had a table and people in this courtyard talking about #soladaritywithSyrian (or some shit, I fucking hate hash tags).
>Someone harasses me to sign something.
>Starts preaching me and saying loads of stuff they don't know about.
>Syrian rebels are good! They all said.
>Being that my dad is Syrian and was born in Al-Hasakah, I know about this situation.
>My political view: not a supporter of Assad, but I think stability is a hell of a lot better than violence.
>Tell her that actually a lot of the rebel groups are fucking awful (being that I know the fucking situation).
>Get told I am wrong.
>My dad is fucking Syrian.
>This was well before ISIS came to the forefront but I wish I could find these people and say "I told you so!"
>Get told I don't care about the situation by a white middle class girl.
>>
>>36466381

lurker here,
thanks for the stories.

pretty sad shit.
>>
>>36466534
And it'll only get worse from here
>>
>>36466381

was it any better in the UK ?
>>
>>36466381
Another lurker here, this thread was hilarious, depressing and educational in fairly equal quantities.
>>
>>36466381
Anyway final one:
>Get invited out to dinner by other foreign students.
>Even these two French guys told me some of there stories.
>They got swept up by some of these SJW types really early on who kept talking about how great French culture is.
>One girl could speak French to them and sounded pretty cool.
>Everyone else was, YOUR CULTURE IS SOOOO COOOL, I LOVE FRENCH PEOPLE.
>These guys would ask, all the people would know is some tired battered stereotype.
>Also, that's right, even the fucking French were treated like sideshow exhibits by these people.
>Feigning interest in their culture to win magic diversity points.
>People acting like everything non-American = good, not knowing ANY of the history/evil shit in the world.

I would just like to sum up by saying, I don't think everyone's experience at a US college is as bad as mine. I was a foreign student and things in place like their students union, buddies, etc and all the initial people I met (remember I was in a foreign country so knew no one) were mostly SJWs so I had to deal with them before branching out.

>>36466534
>thanks for the stories.
Your welcome.
>pretty sad shit.
I know.

>>36466638
>was it any better in the UK ?
Yes. My university was miles better in the UK, being that it taught HISTORY and HISTORICAL THEORY and not just "x thing happened, fuck America!" I encountered some SJWs in the UK but it was more, fuck you, who cares - go out and drink.

>>36466641
>Another lurker here, this thread was hilarious, depressing and educational in fairly equal quantities.
If you take one thing from this thread, let it be this:
These people that critize the west do so from inside it, they were born there and the west is all they will ever know. They are the biggest hypocrites/racists you will EVER meet because they only ever feign interest in other cultures or only ever learn a stereotype of a culture NEVER what other places/histories/cultures are like.

Goodnight (well it is early morning now).
>>
>>36466641
>hilarious, depressing and educational

Just wondering how much farther the US will fall.
I mean Americans have always been pretty insulated, only concerned with America.
But if this is going on in the colleges, just imagine the average joe in the streets, and how he thinks.
>>
>>36462183
If pol forms militias and starts a revolution, we can purge these guys.

Make it so!
>>
>>36462183
Baby boomers ruined everything
>>
>>36462183
halfway through...
>moderate engineering grad
>I has a mad...
>>
>>36466864
Damn dude. Great post. I'm sorry our education system is shit.
>>
>>36464635
welp time to go full retard
>>
>>36462919
>I tried to explain to someone about the Rwandan genocide between two tribes, how the Hutus were forced to work for Tutsis and they had no idea what I was talking about because "Africa was perfect before colonialism!"

Hilarious since this had a movie that won a bunch of awards. Really goes to show how nobody actually cares about movies about blacks they just pretend to, its why nobody will give a shit about 12 years a slave the movies are just to give white people a dose of guilt every now and then and not to demonstrate history.
>>
>>36463668
Lebanon was founded as a Christian nation for christ's sake
>>
>>36466864
UK guy at uni here. So glad UK is better, been reading /pol/ too much recently and was convincing myself we were just as bad.

You mind if I ask what UK uni you were at if you're still around?
>>
>>36468215
NO NO NO ALL MIDDLE EASTERNS ARE ANTI-AMERICAN MUSLIMS DON'T LIE TO ME
>>
>>36462183
This documentary is sickening. Why is American academia so anti-intelligent?
>>
>>36468647
>went to a southern Louisiana college, graduated in 2007
>Thank fucking god.
>>
>>36468887
I guess. But something should be done. I know there's that FIRE organisation which takes legal action against free speech violations in the US.

The real problem is the sheer amount of people who go through colleges that get exposed to this one-sided politics and very little free speech. Universities as propaganda factories goes totally against the idea of higher education.
>>
REQUIRED VIEWING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHh1WV-81gE
>>
>>36462183
Wow, 43 minutes in, talking about defacement, theft and abuse of conservative student papers. I'm not exactly republican but American college campuses are insane. How can they say these people are racist fascists? Insane.
>>
>>36462183
>ROTHSCHILD - BANKING SYSTEM - HITLER - PETRODOLLAR - NWO - IMF - INTERNATIONAL RESERVES

>DARPA - NATO - NSA - FEMINISM - CENSORSHIP - INTERNET NEUTRALITY - CULTURAL MARXISM - RUSSOPHOBIA - SINOPHOBIA

>TERRORISM - CIA - 5TH COLUMN - OTAN - ACT'S - RIGHTS- CONSTITUTION - BI-PARTY SYSTEM - DATAMINING - CORPORATISM

>PUTIN - OBAMA -FUKUSHIMA-PLUTONIUM
>>
>>36470817
Wut
>>
>>36462183
This is the result of the 60's. Politics shouldnt play a role in education outside of administration and oversight. This goes for companies paying money to get professors to essentially lobby for them in the system
>>
>>36472909
he's just some faggot who has been spamming shit like this in every thread he can get into. ignore him.
>>
>>36462183
sad
>>
>>36464937
Dude. The whole SJW creedo in regards to black people can be summed up as "They're just niggers, they don't know what they're doing". They don't even treat them as human, that's what we say about fucking animals.
>>
great doc
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.