[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder we already live in a post-scarcity world, we just

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (247KB, 1600x894px)
image.jpg
247KB, 1600x894px
Daily reminder we already live in a post-scarcity world, we just refuse to acknowledge or act upon it.

The idea that the average person needs to work 40 hours a week or more just to support themselves in the modern age is ridiculous. We have the resources to live comfortably at little to no expense to society; we have the technology to maintain our infrastructure and produce our goods almost entirely autonomously. Of course, people would still work, but these would be noble occupations: invention, design, art, literature, science, and exploration. In short, man can focus on the creation and discovery of new things instead of the maintenance of the old. No more shall man be condemned to a life of drudgery in a factory or an office; his pursuits shall now lie in the farthest reaches of the universe and the deepest depths of his own mind.

Will everyone be able to partake of this new golden age? Most certainly not. The blacks and Arabs, who kill each other without end over their miserable scraps of dusty clay, will be left out, most likely by their own choosing. The Asians, industrious but unimaginative, will keep to their glamorized squalor and pollution. The aboriginal and tribal groups will go on as they have for thousands of years, neither knowing nor caring of the wondrous prospects just beyond their reach.

No, this age will belong to the European, the Slav, the American. In short, it will belong to the race that brought mankind to the cusp of this new age: the white race.

Don't lose heart, white man; today, you may be persecuted and reviled, but tomorrow the stars will be yours.
>>
File: drag on my frame.jpg (68KB, 640x482px)
drag on my frame.jpg
68KB, 640x482px
>>32358147
>The idea that the average person needs to work 40 hours a week or more just to support themselves in the modern age is ridiculous.
Interesting postulation, Tyrone. i concur.
>>
Yep.

Funnily enough, work hours will actually increase in the future. The average man will have red and bloodshot eyes due to using a computer for so long.
>>
>>32358260

And then people will revolt against that shit and automate more and more menial stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x456px)
image.jpg
74KB, 500x456px
>>32358147

Realistically the vast majority of beneficiaries of this new society will just live as NEETs, immersed in VR worlds and fucking their virtual waifus. The "creator class" will remain relatively small.

>mfw I'll never explore the farthest reaches of the galaxy on a starship filled with humanity's elite
>>
>>32358201

Jobfag pls go
>>
>>32358147
yep i never understood why people don't realize that working is not a future we should accept, realistically we should be only working 10 hours a week.
>>
>>32358147
Except that people will still be able to monetize art, as they already have. Also Post-Scarcity would imply that you have a system of automation that requires no form of human intervention whatsoever, which is completely false and won't be the case for at least 100 years as computer technology advances gradually.
Industries an ideas are built of the quest for capital and investment. I can't see jobs going anywhere as long as humanity has room to advance
>>
>>32359934
Well, I don't think that your ancestors complained about working long, hard hours. Don't you want to live up to their memory, you being a Nationalist and all
>>
>>32360056
2025 at the current rate will see computers be as powerful as every human on the planet combined in one computer.
>>
>>32360107
working hours that don't need to be worked is pointless, our efficiency keeps increasing yet we work the same hours.
>>
>>32358260

Why?

Seriously, WHY? Why would work-hours increase in the future?
>>
>>32360228
Why haven't they decreased? in a sense every year they don't decrease they actually increase, not that poster he is wrong though.
>>
>>32360263

Because the extra wealth is being extracted by capitalists, taxation, and interest taken on mandatory debts.
>>
>>32360117
I'm going to need a source on that. And don't say Quantum computing because that research is going by very slow
>>32360149
I tend I agree, but if you work less, you tend to earn less aswell. People want to typically earn as much as they can
>>
>>32360303

What if you MAKE more, but WORK less?
>>
>>32360149
It depends what constitutes work. Until we can replace all or most entry level jobs with computers we're gonna need people to serve us food or what have you. And we're a long way away from having robots build our houses for us.

I agree we need more time to express our humanity, our creativity, etc., especially because we're the most apt to do so when compared to the numerous other races.
>>
>>32360395

Then the people doing these last few jobs that require human beings should be substantially compensated, right?
>>
>>32360303
moores law basically if it continues which it should 2025 is the yearish, also yeah the current system doesn't have a option for working less hours.

>>32360395
we are actually really close for the fast food restaurant industry anyway, battery tech need to catch up for building houses though
>>
>>32360263
>Why haven't they decreased?

The hours worked per person has declined. The labor force participation rate is at lowest level since records were started back in the late 1960's. Many people who are working are working only part time.

>>32360303
>People want to typically earn as much as they can

Partially this, but 401k and medical coverage are often not available to people working part time.
>>
>>32360464
got some sources for the work hours? most stuff i have seen say the opposite
>>
>>32358147
Post scarcity means everyone could have an infinite amount of everything. We are not in a post scarcity society.
>>
File: Amdahl.png (34KB, 648x486px)
Amdahl.png
34KB, 648x486px
>>32360423
Moores law is dead bro.

All hail Amdahl.
>>
>>32360409
They should be able to survive on it alone and not require a second job.

Right now the economy funnels very few funds to workers as well. There is a lot of money out there but it's not coming into our pockets. The worker is just a cog in this system and is completely expendable. Since the worker is given a small amount of the money he earns, and because he is looked down upon as meat, the quality of work suffers and it creates instabilities, strikes, etc. - chaos.
>>
>>32360544
Only for now, we're moving onto quantum dots though. With gold as microbridge transistors.
>>
>>32358147
All you have to do is fire all the government regulators and other useless employees. Get rid of regulations. Simplify the tax code, etc.

When you do that, those make work jobs all disappear, and the forced redistribution of resources stops. In the aftermath, the capital that is thus allowed to accumulate would allow for the creation of cheaper and cheaper goods, forcing marginal costs toward zero, eventually making many workaday items to become free.

First things that are already very inexpensive: flour, corn meal, sugar, small manufactured goods like flip flops, and duuable plasticware, then progressing towards more expensive items. This will be funded by those with some of the few remaining productive jobs purchasing premium items. The quality of the free items will be high, because they want those who might buy the premium stuff to associate their brand with premium quality.

This already happens on the internet.
>>
>>32360505
>labor force participation rate

Pic is 4 years out of date. Over the last few years unemployment has only gone down due to people giving up the job search. And look at that male rate; almost 90% in 1960 to 70 percent in 2011.
>>
>>32360635

How can unemployment go down when people give up searching for a job?
>>
>>32360544
moores law still has a place, it has pretty much proven for years that is true.
>>
>>32360660
The government only considers you unemployed when you are collecting unemployment. Other polls only consider you unemployed if you have looked for a job in last 2 weeks. It is easy to fudge the numbers to make everything look great.
>>
>>32360544
3D processors are coming.
>>
>>32358147
Who will harvest food, get it to markets, and then sell it? Who will maintain roads, work on power lines, police the population?

>inb4 robots
Who maintains the robots?
>>
>>32360838
>Who maintains the robots?

A very small force of repairmen, or other robots.
>>
>>32360868
>other robots
You are seriously overestimating the competency of modern robots. They can barely do anything. And I don't know about you, but I'd rather have people as police than robots.
>>
>>32358147
>someone works hard to produce better technology
>I should be allowed access its benefits for free because I'm white

Fuck off communist.
>>
>>32360838
The robots repair the robots holy shit, do you even understand the point of a nano robot?

A "autonomous robot" is fully automated no need for repairs or outside help, once a computer is smart as a human why can't it work a human job?
>>
>>32360919
what is a slow rollout? it would take 10 years as it is by then computers are going to be fucking powerful.
>>
>>32360919
>You are seriously overestimating the competency of modern robots.

Who says I am talking about modern robots? The shit robots will be able to do in 20 years will blow you away. Most machines built today, including robots, have some level of self-diagnostic ability. Plug and OBDII reader into your 1996 or later car and it will tell you what is wrong with it. Knowing what is wrong is half the battle when it comes to making repairs.
>>
>>32360712

To me, lower employment is a good sign. It just sucks that we aren't implementing policies that take the current economic reality into account.

High unemployment plus basic income suddenly becomes at will, laissez-faire employment for everyone.
>>
>>32358147
>We have the resources to live comfortably at little to no expense to society
Only if you kill off 80% of the world population.

You're also completely delusional if you think we can make things that don't require routine maintenance.
Labor has tiers of value, and it will always be that way. Upper tiers are finite, and you can't eliminate lower tiers because the operation of the upper tiers is only made possible by the lower ones.
>>
>>32361316
what are self repairing robots?
>>
take your crazy pills.
>>
The oligarchs need to keep the populace busy so there is no time or energy to challenge the oligarchy. The oligarchs also fear idleness and vice among the lessers if they should have too much free time.
>>
ITT: grateful wageslaves
>>
>>32358147

You may be wondering why people don't seem to receive well an idea that would make every ones life better... give it some thought...

It's about free time and how people would use it.

They fear it
>>
>>32361316

>Only if you kill off 80% of the world population

Oh looky there, whites make up about 20%
>>
>>32361481
Herd animals...they need a herdsman.
>>
>>32361576
Most people would freak out if they became NEET
>>
>>32361316

You don't need to kill shit.

Oil has been doing the heavy work of our economy for decades, it IS the lowest tier of labour.
>>
There will never
EVER
be such thing as post-scarcity.
There will always be people who don't have everything they want.
As production capabilities increase so does population.
>>
>>32361694

Most people wouldn't become NEET. They'd become avocationists who sometimes make money selling the thing they're.. uhm... avocating, and sometimes by taking turk-work.
>>
>>32361757

You are saying that population growth will always outpace productive capacity. Approaching post-scarcity only requires that productive capacity outpace population growth, and that this extra capacity is distributed evenly through the population.
>>
>>32361277
>To me, lower employment is a good sign.

I think it is too, but it does not work with the current "work to live" system we have set up.

>High unemployment plus basic income suddenly becomes at will, laissez-faire employment for everyone.

A UBI system(say $1000/month) with no set minimum wage would be great

>employers can offer $1/hr jobs and people can chose not to take them
>wages will rise to match the labor supply of people who chose to work
>people group up and form communes living off of the combined UBI of dozens of people

>>32361757
>There will always be people who don't have everything they want.

I think we can draw the line at food, housing, transportation, medical care, and some basic amenities. Sure plenty of people will never have a Ferrari made of pure gold, but a basic car, or good public transit will do the job.
>>
>>32361860

The flip side is, employers can not only offer one dollar jobs for the easy, fun jobs; they also have to pay what really shitty jobs are really worth.

Who is cleaning out high-school toilets for eight dollars an hour when they have a choice? On the other hand, who /wouldn't/ try to get that job for a few hours a week, if they were offering thirty dollars an hour?
>>
File: robot.jpg (37KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
37KB, 460x276px
80% of people will live in poverty in squatter camps and slums.

Have you ever seen pictures of Port-au-Prince in Haiti? The vast majority of the population who are retarded niggers of course live like savages, surviving off of a mixture of Western charity, petty peddling, prostitution and drug-dealing, while the mulatto try to live it up behind massive walls and gates and stay away from the animals outside. Nobody cuts them a welfare check because a) there are too many of them, and b) who likes wasting their money?

That's what will happen in the West too. Just that you will be the nigger.

You might say, "Oh but that could never happen in America, there would be riots." The sun will still rise every morning anyway. Sure there will be some political instability, but for the most part the rich will stay rich and well-off. When civil war and bullshit happens, mostly it will be the animals killing each other (as always). The people with money are safe behind massive gates and walls with their own hired goons and probably a massive drone/robot army too.

The mob of impoverished poor people won't be able to successfully revolt because IRL robocop or Deathlok will murder them all.

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/29436452/
>>
>>32358147
Oh my god you're so retarded I can't even figure out where to start.

Post-scarcity is a myth as long as life exists. There are a limited number of supplies. Living beings have unlimited desires. The unlimited demand is greater than the limited supply. Scarcity is the basis of ALL economics, capitalist or communist.
Post scarcity is an impossible myth
>>
>>32360544
The GPU is perfectly parallel.
CPU are just some useless things we need for the OS.

>>32360590
Daily reminder then quantum mechanics does not exists
>>
>>32362168

>living beings have unlimited desires

But limited needs.

Maintaining artificial scarcity in the era of automation and cheap energy IS required to keep our current economic paradigm going, of course.
>>
>>32362168
calm down immortality and space mining plus eugenics and robotics make it true
>>
File: trashit.jpg (37KB, 471x350px) Image search: [Google]
trashit.jpg
37KB, 471x350px
>>32358147
>post-scarcity
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.