[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT ask a former shill anything. >shilled /pol/ for Cassidy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 12

ITT ask a former shill anything.

>shilled /pol/ for Cassidy & Associates until they recently quit paying us. "standard of proof" was ridiculous, so you could spend an entire day getting a thread nice and juicy and get nothing for it.

>used to shill twitter for McDermott, Will & Emery. Shilling twitter has gotten less lucrative, and you'll get dropped lickity split if you're not consistently being retweeted.

So, I quit shilling and focus on my day job.
>>
What's your day job?
Did you push opinions you agreed with? Neutral/don't care? Disagreed with?
How many hours a day did you spend doing it? How much extra money did you bring in?
>>
>>30587987

no, there's a very strict narrative / counter-narrative you have to stick to. Pieces of it changes frequently. Cassidy is big on the SJ narrative, and uses places like /pol/ to push the counter-narrative.

Hours a day is pretty variable. With MWE, if one of your tweets got momentum, you'd get paid, so it was more about luck than investing time.

Money isn't great. On a good month, maybe $1000, on a bad month, maybe $200.

Day job = legal clerk for a lobbying firm I won't name.
>>
File: Remove Fist.jpg (288KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Fist.jpg
288KB, 800x600px
>>30587938
Did you ever collude with colleagues to focus efforts or did you just do your own thing.
>>
how does it feel being a terrible person
>>
What made you decide to become a shill, or were you segued into the job?
>>
>>30588073
So who's behind the SJ narrative? As in, who contracts Cassidy to push social justice? (I assume that's what SJ stands for)
>>
>>30587938

How'd you get a job as a shill?
>>
How did you get this job
>>
>>30588136
why am I aroused by this?
>>
>>30588136
not at all. We are not left to our own devices whatsoever. Most firms have a small group of full time "messaging" reps, and they come up with a comprehensive plan, and assign narratives in a very strategic way. Its a well thought out process, and usually you're not privvy to the bigger picture.
>>
>>30588137

not bad. This is how I learned about /pol/. It kind of grew on me so now I lurk on my own time.
>>
>>30587938

How do you get hired for this or list it on a resume?
>>
How do I get a job shilling online? What are the requirements generally speaking?
>>
>>30588201
ever been privy to said "bigger picture"? Also what is 'standard of proof'?
>>
>>30588192

Float around DC working shit-jobs for firms long enough and you'll end up shilling for extra cash. Its a good way to augment your income. As long as you're literate enough to understand how the narratives work, and have a good grasp of the nuances of social media, its pretty easy to find opportunities.

You have to be careful, because lobbying firms tend to not like each other, so if your "day job" finds out that you're shilling with another firm, you could get in trouble.
>>
Eh, I used to shill too. But it was mostly viral marketing bullshit for video game companies on forums like IGN or 4chan's /v/.

I wonder how the israeli shills are doing...
ctrl+f "shill" or "hasbara"
http://pastebin.com/MSvkCCRy
>>
I used to shill for Intel and Microsoft.
>>
>>30587938
Yeah, i'm a shill too, i shill for "People who do claims without Proofs" and "Paranoic People that accept as truth only things that amplify their paranoia" Ask me anything!
>>
>>30588242
>>30588248

Its not really something that you apply for. If you work in the front office of a legislative affairs office, or a lobbying firm, or a think tank, its a popular thing to get into.

The firm I used to work at had me shill part time, and then friends from other firms who also shill for extra cash will let you know if their messaging department needs people. Its almost always very temporary.
>>
>>30587938
Are you aware of any sandy hook/anti gun shilling?
>>
>>30588265

"standard of proof" = proving that you've shilled to a large audience. Twitter is easy. /pol/ is hard, because you have to forward a thread to be archived before it 404's. You don't get paid unless you prove you've gotten the narrative to the right crowd, in the right abundance, sometimes with the right reaction.
>>
>>30587938
Why is pol even a target for professional shilling?
Isnt't its userbase far too small for such coordinated effort?
>>
>>30587938
What do you think of twitter overall, former shill? Essential tool, or is it just an irrelevant noise?
>>
>>30588359

absolutely, but not the "false flag" stuff that floats around here. Usually when tragedies happen, there are tons of shilling opportunities. This whole Elliot Rodgers thing could have made me a lot of money this month but oh well. Every firm with a messaging department jumps on these things.
>>
>>30587938
Has anyone changed your view on something after they responded to your shitpost? Do you even read the responses as a shill?
>>
>>30587938
I don't suppose you have a single shred of evidence that you are who you say you are?
>>
File: 1af.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1af.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
>>30588073
>Cassidy is big on the SJ narrative, and uses places like /pol/ to push the counter-narrative.

yeah right, faggot. got a pay stub?
>>
>>30588394

ya, it felt kind of stupid sometimes, but /pol/ is all about the counter-narrative. The people who come up with the "comprehensive plan" dictate that stuff. So the idea is that you push a counter-narrative on /pol/, and you guys go out and do that narrative an injustice by pushing it in an abrasiveness manner, thus devalidating it among the "normal folk."

You know those propaganda .jpgs that you see with pretty good production value? we originate those on places like /pol/ and then see them pop up on twitter.
>>
ITT: faggots who'll automatically accept what anyone says without needing any evidence or proof as long as it confirms their mental narrative of reality.
>>
>>30588466

ya I read everything. I have to keep the thread alive, so its an involved process. Then I have to archive it, and in some instances cross my fingers that it pops up later on major social media so I can get a bonus.

We also tag our jpegs with a tiny pixel array in the corner that blends in, so you know who originated it if you open it in a certain program.
>>
>>30588504
are you suggesting that the former shill is shilling by admitting to shill but needing to prove his shillhood?
>>
>>30588564
>shill shilling other shills

WHAT THE FUCK, POL IS TRUELY DEAD
>>
File: 1359928259144.jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1359928259144.jpg
99KB, 640x360px
>>30588564
ITT the most gullible people on /pol/
>>
>>30588576

Post a jpeg
>>
>>30588576

>We also tag our jpegs with a tiny pixel array in the corner that blends in, so you know who originated it if you open it in a certain program

WHAT PROGRAM POST A JPEG FAGGOT
>>
>>30588663
>>30588689
/thread
sage for paranoid schizophrenia
>>
File: xxxxx.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
xxxxx.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>30588663

this entire series was originated at Cassidy & Associates.
>>
>>30588625
I'm suggesting he's a faggot who made this thread for shits and giggles.
>>
>>30588759
How does this benefit Cassidy & Associates in any way? SJ is not profitable. Please explain yourself.
>>
>>30588796
you mean shills and giggles
>>
>>30588850

Cassidy & Associates gets paid by political parties and interest groups. Its not about SJ generating a profit, its about policy being signed into law.
>>
>>30588850
If you brainwash the general populace into slaves of le conspiring gentlemen, you can frame your competitors as racist sexist bigots and eliminate them.
Look at how Eich from Mozilla was hit. pretty convenient how he was the only one opposing implementation of adobe DRM, and as soon as he was lynched they implemented it.
>>
>>30588893
Well then kindly explain the policy supported by this image. Did this cause that nigger rape amnesty bill to fly through Congess?
>>
>>30588909

this is pretty general, but for something like "racism," you push the counter-narrative to try and prove that "racism is still a problem in 2014." Then you push the narrative to confront the straw-man counter-narrative that your organisation created.
>>
>>30588909
This makes sense, but how does /pol/ play into any of this? Are they banking on a powerful individual to use these images on their Twitter account? That's quite a long shot.
>>
>>30588968
its not as direct as that. Like I said, I wasn't privvy to the comprehensive plan, so the details as to how each effort connect in arriving at a desired end state was pretty vague to me.

Sorry, I know that makes me sound like a shill pretending to shill, but I don't have a good answer.
>>
Wheels within wheels man.
>>
>>30589019

oops, this was meant for

>>30588935
>>
>>30588987
Do like the other guy said, post people talking about it to scare people into their FEMA camps willingly
>>
>>30589019
>Sorry, I know that makes me sound like a shill pretending to shill, but I don't have a good answer.
Can you describe any specific effort in any detail? No offense but this sounds like horse shit.
>>
>>30588759

what is the yellow in the corners covering up?
>>
>>30588987

well, you pay someone a couple hundred bucks a month to aggressively push this stuff on /pol/, and it will naturally find its way to twitter and other social media.

just like /b/ turns memes, /pol/ turns insane narratives.
>>
>>30589080
>lobbying firms paying small change to interns to anonymously push messages on the internet.
>tiny cost for a potentially large pay-off.
>2014
>"sounds like horseshit"
>>
>>30589084
He said, it's covering a signature.
>>
>>30589126
Maybe I am dense, but I still don;t see how this can be that profitable for anyone. Seems like a grimy business. OP should be sad that he has such little respect for humanity and creativity. I think an heroing should be high on his list of considerations.
>>
>>30589255
He gave an example of his kind of manipulation working. Look at >>30588909 . Wasn't it so strange that something he did years ago got him hit, but people have done much worse and stayed in public office? It's likely that gay marriage thing was all they had on him, so they had to make sure it blew up as big as it could.
>>
>>30589255

That's pretty mean man. I don't do it anymore. The cost of living is high in D.C., so you do what you can do to make some extra cash. People here do much much worse in degrading humanity.

No plans to an hero. If I wasn't doing it, someone else was.
>>
>>30589195
>tiny cost for a potentially large pay-off.
Why do this when they can just pay the Congress members directly? This is 2014, after all. Your statements imply people have any power in the decisions of legislators. Protip: we basically don't. No offense, but this reeks of paranoid schizophrenia.
>>
>>30589298
How were his outspoken views on gay marriage shaped by shills? This is really delusional.
>>
>>30589386
It wasn't outspoken dude, it was one donation in 2008.

Tell me that wasn't manufactured outrage so I can laugh at you.
>>
>>30589340
No offense, but thinking that the manipulation process is that clean, easy, and efficient that they wouldn't need to manipulate public opinion is pretty schizophrenic. It's also vital that any group like this keeps a cover of plausible deniability -- "People WANT more surveillance, people WANT to block internet services that don't pay repressive fees to improve service" etc.
>>
4plebs.org archives /pol/ threads
please link us to any shill post you made, or get out.
>>
>>30589441
So far he's done everything he could to remain anonymous. Why not just ask him to link shill threads in general if practical.
>>
>>30589410
>Tell me that wasn't manufactured outrage so I can laugh at you.
Everything is manufactured outrage. My point is that have shills working for the likes of Salon and Slate to push this nonsense. Why use some "counter-narrative" convoluted system when you can just shill directly. This makes no sense. If shills are actually paid to push SJ shit on /pol/ then those are pretty bottom of the barrel shills. No offense.
>>
>>30589429
OK, then please illustrate in detail how this is accomplished. Everything offered up to this point is vague and amounts to hand waving.
>>
>kikes are so greedy they refuse to even pay shills to shill for their selfish agenda

And this is why the the neocons are losing hearts and minds.
>>
>>30589488

>bottom of the barrel shills
agreed.
>push SJ shit on /pol/
well, counter SJ shit.
>>
>>30589594
So they push "counter" gay acceptance which causes a backlash of pro-gay SJWs who then lash out at the Mozilla guy? Sounds legit.
>>
File: 1401402043024.png (256KB, 767x750px) Image search: [Google]
1401402043024.png
256KB, 767x750px
>shillin for shekels

Never in the span of humanity could man have envisioned such a profession being a career option to put bread on the table
>>
>>30589313
justdoingmyjob.jpg
Not gonna tell you to an Hero, but, if you were actually a shill, you should feel pretty greasy.
>>
File: 1313598258789.png (3KB, 203x225px) Image search: [Google]
1313598258789.png
3KB, 203x225px
GODDAMMIT
I thought /pol/ was just fucking around pretending to be paranoid, but you're telling me this shit is real?
>>
>>30589488
You don't have to believe me, but I had some limited experience working with intelligence agencies overseas when I was in the Air Force and those guys were all very well aware that they could use accusations of paranoia or assumptions of good faith to help cover their activities.

There is also extensive evidence since reunification that the East German intelligence service went even further and actively cultivated paranoia both in groups and in targeted individuals as a form of psychological control (outside of an interrogation/detention environment), but I've never witnessed this personally.
>>
>>30588564
d-damage control
>>
>>30589660
Fuck off, shill. Stop trying to protect your horrible job. Anybody that knows anything about new media knows this makes perfect sense.
>>
>>30588891

You mean shills and shiggy diggles.
>>
if fake lol
if real OP should an hero
LMS IF YOU AGREE
RETWEET REPOST SHARE!
>>
>>30589739
it's well known
>>
>>30589739
You idiot, how could you not notice? They're so obvious. Especially the last few days, I counted 3 obvious anti gun threads with obvious shill samefagging in an hour.
>>
>>30589890
#REKT, #SHREKT, #YOLO, #KONY2012
>>
>>30588987
read OP's posts about creating/managing the counter-narrative.

What this means, I'm guessing, is that they have a main narrative which they research and prepare talking points/sources to support, then they create an opposing narrative and purposefully poison that side with fallacious/exaggerated talking points and dubious sources, and release it into the wild.

This counter-narrative is a sort of seed that germinates in places like /pol/. The retarded members here absorb it and take it with them out into the mainstream media ecosystem (twitter, facebook, news discussion), not knowing that they are carrying purposely poisoned talking points, to which the creators of the main narrative have already prepared counter-arguments. Thus the proponents of the main narrative get to publicly wreck this manufactured opposition, which generates greater popularity and support.
>>
File: bot-traffic-report-2013.jpg (181KB, 600x1459px) Image search: [Google]
bot-traffic-report-2013.jpg
181KB, 600x1459px
Thought it was all programs, but why not.
>>
Just did a reverse search on OPs jpeg and got a clean one.
Nothing visible in corners at pixel level.
Will run thru photoshop to check for digimark, unless one of u beat me to it.
Note will need cs3 or above.
>>
>>30588392
>You don't get paid unless you prove you've gotten the narrative to the right crowd...with the right reaction.
must've sucked being picked to shill /pol/ i imagine, monetarily.
>>
>>30590418

WTF is Layer 7 DDoS? I thought DDoS usually happened on layer 4
>>
I'm a shill too, I'm unpaid though and just do it to keep America free, FUCK THE MONEY.
>>
>>30587938
Are you the same guy that would make Ask A Bioware Employee Anything threads circa 2010? You seem like you're pretty good at making shit up
>>
>>30591470
>must've sucked being picked to shill /pol/ i imagine, monetarily.

read carefully. The shills on /pol/ are spreading the counter-narrative
>>
mo shilling, fo free, by me..
>>
I honestly can't tell if OP is full of shit or not.
>>
How do you get hired as a shill?
>>
>>30588392
what is the "right reaction"?
>>
File: trust.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
trust.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
>>30591638
>>30591832

I've shilled for freedom and common sense so hard, my FB has gone from reaching 250K a week to now reaching 100-200.. I have been SHUT DOWN. So I have extracted myself from FB pretty much and spread the message through other available means. Funny thing is I don't do it for money, popularity or anything, I do it because I want my kids to grow up in the America my grand dad grew up in.
>>
>>30591546
Interact with the app. Send data that looks to the application completely legit, and which it will force it to expend computational resources creating a response. This overwhelms the server and complicates filtering efforts.
>>
>>30591638
I'm a shill as well but I only do it to represent myself
>>
i believe OP may be telling the truth. They hire people to push certain memes and storylines
>>
>>30592059
well you're doing a poor job, obviously, faggot.
>>
Being a former shill for Microsoft sucks, anyone who wants to do it don't do it. The pay system is retarded but not as retarded as your supervisor and you have to post on trash like Gamespot or /g/ and Huffingtonpost or Fox News comments. Also fuck your NDA, Microsoft kikes and especially that dirty yid heeb Ballmer.
>>
>>30591903
>what is the "right reaction"?
When it becomes a dominant meme on /pol/
>based putin
>holohoax
>degeneracy
>christianity
All these concepts were pushed in an industrial manner.
What you are witnessing is the radicalization of the radicals, like applying cultural marxism to cultural marxism, the end result is leadership by crackpots, fracture of the group, and most importantly the demonization of anyone not radical enough.
>>
What kind of drugs did u take to invent such colorful bullshit?

Also pretending you're for real, can you point out some conspiracies that must exist based on narratives your employers pushed for?
>>
>>30592437
yeah i used to be microsoft property too.
if you even shake those peoples hands they put you under surveillance.
>>
>>30588439
Let me guess...

You are the guys who MAKE those false flag threads 'Sandy Hoax, etc.' to discredit us.

I hate to tell you, bro but that bit of 'Joe Jobbing' was painfully obvious.
>>
>>30587938
>making shit up
>>
>>30587938

Any proof that you were actually shilling for these companies?

I'm not asking you to dox yourself, just something other than "because I said so".
>>
>>30588345

Did you push "PC Master Race" threads on /v/?
>>
>>30594384
The idea of these think tank types coming up with based putin is a hilarious scenario in my mind.
>>
>>30588177
This. This. This. How do you become a professional shill?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.