[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ Island

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

It's 2020.
You are part of a selected group of /pol/ users who-after pooling resources, skills and autismbucks-have purchased an uninhabited Island.
Through some massive exposition, the Island has been fitted with enough Wind Turbines and Hydroelectric Facilities that it has enough renewable power to continually fuel a small town. You have, by and large, a self-contained and sustaining community; money can be made by selling whatever goods you produce on the island to a nearby country who are bizarrely enthusiastic to help.

After a brief discussion, everyone (initially) agrees that you are to lead them in their new life on the Island as you strive to form a microstate which you can rule as you see fit.

What do you do?
Let's hear:

>Constitution/laws
>Ideal scenarios for your civilisation
>Culture
>Titles or social structure
>>
>>140410960
How small are we talking?
If the island is literally a town I would be more like a mayor or sheriff than a president.
>>
>>140410960
Obviously we will adopt a communist system comrades. Means of production will be collectively owned.
>>
>>140411484
Hi lefty/pol/
>>
>>140411139
Let's say it's big enough for a very small town with a decent amount of surrounding "countryside" which can be used for expansion or agriculture.

In terms of money, enough comes in that you can cover your needs and have a little bit left for spend-not enough for any real major immediate projects but if saved for a while it could be put to good use.
>>
>>140411933
I just feel like there is not much of a point to a constitution and all the bullshit a real country has to go througj unless you are like Singapore.
>>
>>140410960
>Constitution/laws
direct democracy
referendum decides all, everyone must vote if able
a tiny gov't that is completely transparent
bill of rights copy/paste
flat tax
>Ideal scenarios for your civilisation
everybody has an important role in society
young people, after basic education immediately become apprentices
all jobs aside from cashier/farm hand must take apprentices, whether cop or computer programmer
>Culture
christian values
preferably lots of intellectual activities
>Titles or social structure
none that i can think of.
>>
Chlorella farms in the surrounding waters should take care of the food issue.
>>
>>140412344
The fun comes from the idea that you can found a memecountry on certain principles and build it into a nation. Think Tropico.
>>
Create the gestapo and find then kill all normies.

However I think a republic with longer presidential term limits would serve wisely for a government; Then again some fucking gang would walk in and it'd go from the republic of kekistani to whatever edgy gang name they have
>>
>>140412599
My man
>>
>>140412819
How's the weather over there in Israel?
>>
File: ancap_ok.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
ancap_ok.png
66KB, 547x402px
>>140410960

>you are to lead them
>Create constitution saying government is not allowed
>abdicate

>hilarity ensues
>>
Physicsl representation of pol
>>
File: Principle System.png (49KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Principle System.png
49KB, 800x600px
>>140410960
Assuming that said microstate is at least the size of current day Singapore
>Constitution/laws
Copy and paste American bill of rights
To amend the Constitution, implement the principle system(pic related)
The government would be a meritocractic republic where the president/leader(s) are voted in
The president/leader(s)' power has the power to overwrite any and all decisions by the people so as long as the decision was made with a 60% or more vote
The Constitution would establish a test-making body to determine the difficulty of advancement tests to increase a citizen's power in government
The test-making body would have their members elected by the 4th and 5th advancement tiers, as well as by the president/leader(s)
The tests would be delivered decacenturially, or once every decade
The advancement tiers would look like this
Tier 1 - 1 vote, 5% tax
Tier 2 - 2 votes, 10% tax
Tier 3 - 3 votes, 15% tax
Tier 4 - 4 votes+0.5% of the population, 20% tax
Tier 5 - 5 votes+1% of the population, 25% tax
No income tax, corporate tax, capital gain tax, or property tax, only sales tax
Encouragement of genetic enhancements favoring brainpower and disfavoring emotions that aren't curiosity regarding the universe
No central bank
Define in the Constitution that usury is illegal in any form

I'd imagine that this civilization would quickly develop and create a unique culture within a century
>>
>>140410960
why buy an island and start from scratch? There are literally abandoned villages in Russia. At least you wouldn't have to build your own shelter.
>>
>>140417998
Continued

The length of terms allowed for the president/leader(s) and members of the test-making body would be 5 years for both
No restrictions on exports
Strong restrictions on imports so as to discourage human trafficking
Immigration would be only be open to people with an IQ of 140 or higher on 3 or more different tests and no criminal record in their previous country

Citizens who have not yet taken an advancement test will be considered tier 0 - 0 votes, 0% tax
Age of consent, voting, and being able to join the military would be 15
Slavery would be illegal
Illegal immigrants would be deported immediately upon discovery
Housing or protecting an illegal immigrant forfeits your right to take advancement tests and resets your advancement tier to 0
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.