[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Pol so triggered over a game? Are you worse than SJWs now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

There has been notable backlash on online forums such as Steam and YouTube over the portrayal of Egyptians in the game along with accusations of falsifying history to promote a racist agenda. Frankly these claims are ridiculous and I would usually ignore or make light of them but in light of recent controversies surrounding race in the ancient world like the BBC Twitter controversy where respected Classicist Mary Beard was attacked by social media users for "defending blackwashing" or even Gods of Egypt's portrayal of Egyptian deities by European actors, it is incredibly topical and an important discussion to have in today's climate.
To begin with a picture is worth a thousand words, so before we enter more verbose and theoretically charged grounds, let us see how Egyptians living in Egypt around a century after Bayek chose to depict themselves in realistic portraiture. Here are some examples of Egyptians depicted in mummy portraits, which were generally encaustic paintings on linen, wood or, more rarely, papyrus that were usually commissioned in life and were placed over the mummy of the deceased.
We can see some that were of darker complexions comparable to the darker NPCs ingame like Medunamun.
We can also see depictions of people who are quite light skinned and even resemble Southern Europeans in some respects, like this woman who falls well within the range of appearance for Egyptians as does this man.
And then there is this Egyptian man from the Roman period who looks kind of similar to Bayek in certain videos but this might just be me.
>>
>>140410603
A picture is worth 1000 words, but your post proves words are worth nothing.
>>
These portraits are all believed to depict native Egyptians but at this time Egypt was also home to Greeks, Nubians, Aethiopians, Syrians, Romans, Persians, Arabs, Jews, Indians, Gauls, ad infinitum albeit these minorities would have made up a combined total of less than 10% in all likelihood during the mid 1st Century BCE and they were concentrated around the metropoles and port cities. Most are neither dark nor fair like this young man or this woman who simply look North African.
But all in all, the characters portrayed are clearly not Sub-Saharan in complexion or in features, and the Memphiite priestesses actually do look like Egyptians from the region. To be honest a lot of the NPCs would not look out of place in Qalubiya or someplace like that in the Delta.
Now sometimes, the proof is in the pudding and none of these people are lily-white and none of them are remotely Sub-Saharan which is exactly what we would expect from Egypt's projected population.
Ancient Egyptians are generally believed to be most similar to other North and especially North East African populations like modern Libyans instance as opposed to West Asian or East African populations which is a shared trait with modern Egyptians who are probably the most similar population to ancient Egyptians that exists today.
>>
>>140410729
Fpbp. Sage
>>
>"""""triggered""""

>not just using anything vaguely related to spam the WE WUZ KANGZ meme because it's funny
>>
>words words words
At least state what fucking game you're talking about, Jesus Christ.

Is it the new Assassin's Creed game? From what I've seen of it, it looks fine, I must have missed all the threads /pol/ has made about it to get you this triggered.
>>
>>140411395

He's assuming anyone spamming "WE WUZ KANGZ" on the forum are sent there by /pol/. They don't realize it's a fucking meme.
>>
File: Whitey BTFO.png (2MB, 1024x1308px) Image search: [Google]
Whitey BTFO.png
2MB, 1024x1308px
cuz they white
>>
>>140410603
>EA viral marketing department fuck off
Nobody gives a shit
>>
just avin a laff m8
>>
File: 1503942688791.png (172KB, 611x443px) Image search: [Google]
1503942688791.png
172KB, 611x443px
>>140410603
WE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JDto0KSr0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JDto0KSr0
>>
>>140410603
calm your tits
this shit happens all the time.
movies video games, etc.
people say whatever they want and then play/watch the shit out of it.
move along child
>>
>>140410603
Tl;Dr cunt
All you had to say is
WE WUZ KANGS
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.