[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one serious reason to believe in atheism.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: Dawkins Poop.jpg (36KB, 580x530px) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins Poop.jpg
36KB, 580x530px
Give me one serious reason to believe in atheism.
>>
Atheism is not a faith. It takes religion seriously enough to deny it, though. I don't. I am a theological non-cognitivist.
>>
File: 1497363515309.jpg (1MB, 1072x1435px) Image search: [Google]
1497363515309.jpg
1MB, 1072x1435px
>inb4 atheism isn't relligion
>>
>>140351276
atheism is for brainlest. apatheist AMA
>>
File: 1504554322457[1].jpg (99KB, 508x657px) Image search: [Google]
1504554322457[1].jpg
99KB, 508x657px
Back to >>>/lgbt/8819256 you go, ladm8
>>
>>140351276
There isn't one. Allah is obviously the one true god and Mohammad was his prophet.
>>
>>140351642
>>140351761
Atheism is a belief. Claiming that religion is not true or that there is no God is a claim and it means it needs evidence.
>>
There is no serious reason to "believe" in atheism other than if you want to decide to be a complete degenerate hedonist only concerned with the short-term fulfulment of immediate pleasures because dude nothing matters anyway lmao

It's that mindset that landed us here.
>>
think for yourself faget
>>
If atheism is faith then not drinking is substance abuse. And not golfing is some sort of sports. And baldness is a hair color. And not collecting stamps is a hobby.
>>
>>140351996
Where those atheist churches at?
>>
>>140352267

I mean... pretty much this
>>
>>140351996
Sounds like you should talk to the Pope of atheism more. Your lack of lack of faith is disturbing
>>
File: 1534.png (265KB, 500x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1534.png
265KB, 500x1205px
Fuck the Pope btw
>>
>>140351921
>blackboard
>"i have no value"
>>
>>140352523
You mean dawkins ?
>>
>>140352267
Faith doesn't require belief in supernatural events. Faith is a belief without proof. And you can't prove atheism, faggot.
>>
>>140353565
You dont have to prove atheism (its not even a claim) you have to prove God. You understand this, you just want to be dense.
>>
>>140354015
Unless you've disproven God and have the unassailable evidence handy, your religious belief in Atheism requires Faith.
>>
>>140353565
Exactly, but Fedoras aren't known for their critical thinking.
>>
Absence of belief =\= belief
>>
Soma has electrolytes.
>>
>>140354616
You are confusing basic definitions.
>>
>>140354015
Because what ? Because you say so ? Faggot.
>>
>>140351276
Because it's current year and your family won't be shamed if you don't show up to church this week. Unless your Muslim.
>>
>>140354475
You know thats incorrect but you just want a reply. Here is your you.
>>
>>140354796
Basic logic
>>
File: 1504138906082.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
1504138906082.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>140351276
>believe in atheism
wew

>>140353565
>prove a lack of belief
this is why the stereotype that religious people are stupid exists
>>
>>140351974
/thread
>>
I'd love to side with all the Christcucks on this board, but how hard is it for you all to understand that you don't need to prove a lack of belief in a book's stories? No matter how ridiculous you deem the comparison of God to Santa Claus or Pinnochio, tell me what differentiates the Bible from other fictional stories besides your faith in it.
>>
File: 135.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
135.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>140351996
Actually I'm pretty sure the burden of proof lies upon the person making unfalsifiable claims.
>>
>>140351276
They're just a bunch of retarded kids thinking that everything in religious myth is to be taken literally. Pseudointellectual normies who think that the fact there isn't a bearded man in the sky is somehow revolutionary.
>>
>>140354475
My parents basically raised me without telling me about the notion of gods. I learned about organized religion in my school's history classes. Imagine my surprise when I found out a lot of people still believed in that stuff today.

I have no faith. One doesn't require 'faith' to believe in nothing. There is nothing there for me to believe OR disbelieve, because I was not taught any belief in gods. I can define myself as an atheist simply because I am not a theist, and because words have certain meanings.

For you, it may be a given that there is a god based on your faith, but that is something you were taught at a young age. I was taught no such thing.
>>
File: 1498779369319.jpg (73KB, 875x387px) Image search: [Google]
1498779369319.jpg
73KB, 875x387px
>>140351921
the kid's analogy doesn't even address the question

then again, what do you expect from religiontards who can't even straw man properly
>>
>>140351276
jews went to the moon n proved the earth is a ball or some shit, it was on tv so u know its true, plus jews have never lied bc they actually even exist
>>
>>140351276
There is no evidence for any of the thousands of God's that humanity has worshipped since recorded history. Hence, you should be an atheist.
>>
don`t do it, i am a atheist myself and i have seen that the only reason poland is not a shithole plagued by shitskin and comiefag is because of the religion and their close culture that will not accept them
your country must stay religious or befall into the darkness of the political correctness a ship that drowns others with for the sake of minorities that will destroy everything the great man has build in the past centuries
normal poltard will say that there is no god, that is true, but i prefer to live a fucking lie and live in peace in muh white people country
>>
>>140355376
>people grow up without questioning existence
This is how I know you're a Jew.
>>140354834
Faith is belief without proof. Do you have proof?
>>
I am a theological non-cognitivist. I see that all the 'believers' cannot even limpidly define their 'god' so that all of them agree and therefore they themselves do not understand what it is that they allegedly 'believe' in.

Until I see a defintion of god that all chrisitans agree on like all mathematicians agree on what a function is, I simply discard all believers' talking - not as false statements, but as non-statements at all since they are not false or true but rather just meaningless rubbish.

The funny thing is pick two theologists or any two ordinary believers and test them asking them what the relations between the entitirs in the Trinity are or what their 'god' is and they'' fight each other to death rather than agree. And if the 'believers' themselves cannot settle their eternal rifts and even wars as to what certain words mean in thei ancien semitic myths, then why should I even bother taking their balderdash seriously?

I contend that even the 'believers' themselves actually do not believe in anything, because they cannot clearly state what it is they believe in. Or even if they sometimes can, it turns out to be very individual-specific stuff that differs wildly across the alleged believers and cannot be dealt with or debated on an aggreagte basis, i.e. there is no actual 'faith' shared by more than one man. The fact that believers pretend they believe in the same sort of thing means nothing since it's a purely social thing.

To be an atheist is to pay to religion unjustly great attettion and to take it way more seriously that it deserves. Like shooting sparrows with a canon.
>>
>>140355777
Funny enough "no proof" seems to be sufficient to start the crusades or send trucks of peace.
>>
>>140355376
to put it bluntly, they were brainwashed at a young age
I pity them
>>
>>140351996

Gnostic-Atheism is a belief, since it is the assertion that "There is no God".

Agnostic-Atheism is the rejection of theistic claims about the existence of God. It doesn't assert God doesn't exist, just that there isn't enough evidence to prove it.
>>
>>140355745
Sadly this, people need to believe in something. And i rater they believe in something thats not fucking degenerate
>>
>>140355777
>Faith is belief without proof. Do you have proof?
A lack of belief in something isnt a claim. Heres your you
>>
>>140351276
Any of you ever read the 12th Planet?
https://www.google.com.pr/imgres?imgurl=http://t3.gstatic.com/images%3Fq%3Dtbn:ANd9GcShAkTBvPrjcCfSLSmee8HfDGYK6Pnz0YwIicPEgJMcckrTB1Ad&imgrefurl=https://books.google.com/books/about/The_12th_Planet.html%3Fid%3DZVooDwAAQBAJ%26source%3Dkp_cover&h=1080&w=719&tbnid=R0Fedf7oXzG57M:&tbnh=160&tbnw=106&usg=__fb13kWy3QFTZ8aAONLg2zW95ldQ=&vet=10ahUKEwjxxqz9qo7WAhXF6iYKHciwA48Q_B0IggEwCg..i&docid=HKDYL4hWkdvcAM&itg=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjxxqz9qo7WAhXF6iYKHciwA48Q_B0IggEwCg
>>
>>140351276
Because at the end of the day, whether or not God is real, is inly between you and God.
>>
>>140356140
I like how you said 'assertion' so you didn't have to spell out 'believe'. But if anyone tells me there is a teapot floating in space and I call their bullshit then that doesn't make me an unbeliever, it just makes them an idiot.
Is a/gnostic-atheism even a thing?
>>
>>140356730
Its actually between yourself and your overactive imagination
>>
File: demrus.jpg (117KB, 971x739px) Image search: [Google]
demrus.jpg
117KB, 971x739px
>believe in
>atheism
would you kindly outline the atheist doctrine for me?
>>
>>140351276
>Rich-turd Daw-skids
>>
>>140352267

Kek. To be fair actually collecting stamps isnt a hobby either.
>>
>>140357496
>is there such a thing as gods?
>haven't seen any.
>>
>>140358507
I'm personally an atheist for lack of a better term. It's a lack of a belief in the abrahamic religions as far as i know. I'm currently looking for a better term. I'm not slavish to this lack of belief in god either, but god doesn't explain enough for my world view, and now politics seem more important
>>
>>140351276
Also, do what you want. Believe what you want. Who fucking cares?

Most people on /pol/ will tell you that once you're an atheist you are not obligated to be morally responsible. That really begs the question: Is your religion all that is holding you back from being a rapist, murderer, thief, whore, alcoholic, drug addict, etc? For some people, that may be the case. On the other hand, for some people the only reason they follow a certain religion is because they subscribe to the idea of its version of "hell" be it Protestant Hell, Catholic Hell, Muslim Hell, Buddhist Samsara, Hindu Naraka, etc. For most people, I gather, they may go through a transitional phase but after that they balance out back to the person they used to be. The only change is whether or not they are part of a religion (and thus possibly a religious community) anymore.

I'm an (agnostic) atheist because it makes sense to me. I study religion for fun since it really illuminates the way the world is as it is today. It also is an unending well of compelling, symbolic artwork. However, while find comfort or agree with some doctrines in a religion, I never can accept any as the one true religion.

I'm American so my greatest exposure is to Protestantism. I have many friends across dozens of sects and all have different values and beliefs - some that contradict the very teachings of the religion they claim to follow.

The only real value I can see in religion is cultural cohesion. Religion creates a community of sorts that instills a strict moral code in a population of people. It's a unifying factor. However, I don't believe in a God or gods. I don't believe in spirits or ghosts (although I'd like to with Halloween coming up). I don't believe in magic (not in the conventional sense anyway). I certainly do not believe in an afterlife. My opinions might change, but right now they've been pretty consistent for the last 15 years.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.