[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun facts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 20nds.gif (74KB, 450x482px) Image search: [Google]
20nds.gif
74KB, 450x482px
Hey guys i need some killer arguments against gun control

My feeling is that the more guns people have the safer we are but i'm having a hard time proving this to a deeply conditioned liberal black friend of mine

perhaps you fine gentlemen can help?

Most gun deaths in this country are from suicides; for some reason my conditioned friend thinks this is inconsequential because when you compare the US to other developed nations we have a significantly higher likelihood of getting killed by a gun

please advise based NRA shills. some working links to something published this side of 2010 would be nice aswell
>>
Gun deaths aren't important. What you want to look at are homicides. Taking away someone's gun and having them stab you isn't better. You also can't use the US death rate because the us drives more than other 1st world countries. Also blacks kill each other alot.
>>
>>140320907
The person i was arguing with might just be too deep into the shit to see the light

my point that you can kill some one with just about anything was rebutted with "well you can defend yourself vs a knife"
>>
>>140320743
Making gun ownership illegal simply makes the weapon unattainable for law abiding citizens.

Lawbreakers already buy scrubbed guns, so it doesn't effect them. That means lawbreakers have leverage over your average citizen. Notice, France and other gun free countries have found mosques with fully automatic machine guns.
>>
File: IMG_1211.jpg (140KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1211.jpg
140KB, 1200x1200px
>>140320743
Guns are for retards and children. If you can't defuse a violent situation with words, then you deserve to die.
>>
>>140321246
Wasn't MLK sniped?
>>
>>140320743
>black friend
There's your problem.
>>
>>140321446
hes okay just kinda scared of the cops
something about them killing his people and ancestors hanging from trees
>>
File: 1487692373064.png (25KB, 597x441px) Image search: [Google]
1487692373064.png
25KB, 597x441px
>inb4 you no longer have a black friend
>>
>>140321246
>If you can't defuse a violent situation with words then you deserve to die
Tell that to cult members of the liberal end of the spectrum who think beating people for wearing MAGA hats is a-ok. Until then, I'll continue to conceal carry. Thanks.
>>
>>140321139
No, you really can't. There's an old saying about a knife fight: "The loser dies on the street, the winner dies in the hospital"

When someone is stabbing or slashing at you with a knife and you are unarmed you're not in any capacity to defend yourself.
>>
>>140321246
Successful negotiation requires two competent minds. If one side is completely non-receptive, aggression may be the only viable option. It is also possible that one side is aggressive and deliberately seeking conflict for reasons outside the immediate interaction, and effective self-defense is the only option. IRL examples include every war ever fought.
>>
>>140320743
Being killed with a gun and being murdered with a gun are two completely different things.

In the USA the most targeted firearms for gun control laws are nearly always rifles. Every single rifle homicide put together across the entire USA is so laughably insignificant that more people are killed by fists very year. This is with every citizen given the right to own a rifle whenever they feel like it.

If suicides are ever brought up as a reason for the control, that just means the number of suicides from ODing, jumping, or other methods go down. If someone truly wants to kill themselves they will find a way to do it. Just because a gun is more likely to be successfully used for a suicide that isn't anything to base a restriction on ownership over.
>>
File: 1671368.gif (4MB, 284x160px) Image search: [Google]
1671368.gif
4MB, 284x160px
>>140321246
This has to be the most absolutely retarded thing I have ever read. Congratulations, you apparently have the IQ of a bag of spoons.
>>
>>140321246
"Excuse me, kind sir! I really think that if you just listen to my reasonable argument, you'd see that it is very wrong of you to rob me and rape my wife! Please, sir, I implore you to just listen to me! S-sir, could you stop raping my wife for just one minute so that I could talk to you?"
>>
>>140321550
By that same token, he must be terrified by his own people then based on the numbers of black on black violence. Or is he irrational?
>>
>>140321246
It's not so simple, and words aren't effective when some meth head is breaking into your home to steal whatever is valuable to sell.
>>
>>140324648
That is still by far my favorite gif ever
>>
Guns and crime have no correlation. Compare Switzerland with Japan, then compare Mexico with someplace like Somalia....both examples of societies that function safely with and without guns. Crime is dictated by who and where, not by the objects the citizens may or may not have access to
>>
>>140323841
The other thing with bringing suicides into the equation is that it brings up the entirely separate discussion of whether or not people should be able to choose the end their own lives.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.