[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which branch is the best overall to join?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: militaryseals.jpg (143KB, 375x223px) Image search: [Google]
militaryseals.jpg
143KB, 375x223px
Which branch is the best overall to join?
>>
File: IMG_3696.jpg (30KB, 388x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3696.jpg
30KB, 388x525px
>>140320448

USCG. I retired after 20 years, and had great experiences. Also has the 2nd highest ASVAB requirement = no niggers.
>>
>>140320912

Isn't it just navy-lite?
>>
>>140320912
lol, gay.

Marines OP the branch of the CHADS
>>
>>140320448
Get a two-year degree and travel around the country doing seasonal work. No need to go do all that military bullshit. You're just taking a bunch of shit for rich assholes.
>>
>>140323702

Pros
>stay in shape

Cons
>Worst quality of life
>surrounded by morons
>>
How's the army?
I've heard if you're not retarded, you'll soar up the ranks.
>>
It depends on what you want?
Army:
>Basic training in the south
>Largest military branch
>Smart version of the marines
>Piggy backs off the Air Force
>Good selection of jobs
Air Force:
>2nd largest military branch
>Basic training in San Antonio TX
>Highest ASVAB requiments
>Low moral
>Best food and housing in the military
>Bombers with lots of Nukes
>Hot chicks
Navy:
>3rd largest military Branch
>Basic Training in Chicago IL
>Has the best traveling opportunities
>Uses a different rank structure then the other 3
>Fairly good selection of jobs
>Submarines with ICBMs
USMC:
>The smallest military branch
>Basic Training in the south
>Most physically demanding
>Least ASVAB requirements
>Piggy Backs off the navy
>Cannon fodder for until Army backs them up
>>
>>140324471

If AF is so great, what's with the low morale? Navy has bases in San Diego, which is pretty great.
>>
> what's with the low morale?
lol It has one if no the highest suicide rates in the whole military or what the fmr.CSAF called: "Pretty Darn Good"
>>
>>140324656
>Navy has bases in San Diego, which is pretty great.

Yeah but you gotta realize that SoCal has a major traffic problem and housing there is expensive off base. But at least its not Norfolk amirite ?
>>
>>140324320
>This
Air Force. Air Force. Air Force.
>>
Air force obviously . Lowest risk highest pay . That is if you make it in
>>
Military lifestyle depends on your job. The Navy saying is, "choose your rate, choose your fate." Look around at what jobs are available to you, and don't pick based on what your recruiter wants.
>>
Department of Memes
>>
>>140325146
>THIS
So goddamn true! If do what the recuiter wants you to do then chances are you'll go undesignated and most likely end up an AO.... and trust me when I say AO's the the cancer that is killing navy
>>
>>140324967
San Diego doesn't have traffic compared to LA, get out of your hole you kike. It's fucking beautiful here.

Jar heads are dumb fucking trolls. Navy guys are usually clean cut and reasonable. Air force is full of faggots who think they are hot shit but dont know how to get their hands dirty.
>>
>>140323702

Sure, kid. Say that to the thousands rescued by the CG during hurricane Harvey.
>>
>>140324471
>>140324320
Marines have this reputation but Ive met mouth breathing retards in every branch equally. Even Air Force. The difference is Marine culture is so agressive you have to develop quick wit to survive socially. Watch Generation Kill to understand. I know ridiculously smart Marines.

>>140324656
San Diego is tits

>>140324967
San Diego is only bad during rush hour. Its not like LA where its gridlock 20 hours of the day.
>muh housing expense
Everyone litterally pockets mad dosh from extra BAH after paying rent.
>>
>>140325296
>San Diego doesn't have traffic compared to LA, get out of your hole you kike

Its still shitty though....
>>
>>140325470
>cant take the bantz

That's why you're CG
>>
>>140325511
it's really not. Shit get
>>
>>140325201
Found the redditor
>>
here is the simplified version
>>
>>140325511

No it's not. I sit in Bremerton, WA traffic waaaaaaaaaay more than in SD. The highways in California are built for lots of traffic, other military cities are not.
>>
>2 navies
Americans???
>>
>>140325790
>Bremerton, WA

I feel bad for you!
>>
AF for sure.
>>
If air force had a San Diego base, I would agree they are the best.
>>
File: 1478048317792.jpg (36KB, 545x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478048317792.jpg
36KB, 545x360px
>>140320448
>not just skipping the middleman and joining the IDF
Sad!
>>
Easy go navy, Gunners mate then try to get orders to the VLS community and spend your time doing that you will love it.....trust me
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.