[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guns and other self defence.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1504528892162s.jpg (1KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1504528892162s.jpg
1KB, 125x100px
Can a amerilard tell me how safe the places are where everyone can carry a gun? I was wondering if it might be risky, as some people that are always on the edge could easily pull a gun for minor shit.

Have you ever been held at gunpoint?
Did you ever have to shoot at someone?
Is 9mm really a meme? (webm related, was that 9mm?)

I feel really unsafe in germany lately, I carry a telescope baton with me, but I think that is not enough because the only people with guns are the criminals and the police, and the police needs time to arrive.
Any other stuff to defend oneself in nogun countries?
>>
>>140319184
Carry laws change from state to state.

I know of someone who has killed someone in self defense, I'm glad the laws in his state respect that he as the victim of the scenario was defending himself.

Also pistol calibers are notoriously bad at killing people but shot placement is always everything.
>>
>>140320794
>Also pistol calibers are notoriously bad at killing people

Also those fat revolvers? I thought they stamp a fat hole in oeople, but I guess bad handling and recoil.
>>
>>140319184
In my part of the country guns are very common and crime is very low, I have never been held at gunpoint although I have had a meth head start waving a gun around like a dumbass in a very unsafe manner in my presence but that is the worst that has ever happened
>>
>>140319184
I saw a youtube video of a skinny niglet getting shot in the shoulder by what I believe was a 9mm and he proceeded to overpower the cashier while his friends stole shit, you might as well just go with a heavier round because it's not as though it is cost prohibitive to go with something like a 45
>>
>>140321575
Well in that video you posted a jpeg for the guy he shot goes all of fifteen feet before collapses.

I meant to say that while they will still absolutely kill you dead, you're not going to immediately drop to the floor unless something important is hit or you're completely caught off guard.

See, in Canada we have some very fucky laws for self defense. Carry of firearms for the purpose of self defense against people is illegal. As is carrying knives or any other object.

IF I am carrying my knife that I use to open boxes and other things, as long as I was carrying it for any other reason I can use it if it's on hand to defend myself.
Say I were to kill someone with a knife and he was only beating the shit out of me with his fists after suckerpunching me, the law would still give me a hard time because our laws are so horribly worded.

Stand your ground laws in the states are a godsend for having peace of mind after defending yourself. At least even in Canada I have better laws than say the UK where I remember a case of a man killing an armed robber with the thief's own handgun and getting prison time for it.
>>
>>140321720
Oh, I totally forgot drug addicts, are they a big problem? Do they rob many people with guns or are they just dumb and likely remove themselves with them?

>>140321991
Oh damn, does the handling get much worse with higher calliber?
Also how bad is shotgun recoil? You can have rifles if you have a hunting license here.
>>
>>140319184
You know how nuclear tension works? That's how everyone having a gun works. No one wants to shoot anyone when everyone has a gun.
Kind of random, but I was always surprised that airport security in Germany carry MP5s.
>>
>>140319184
I live in Arizona, a state that with the most lax gun laws in the USA. youll see people open carry pistols, rifles and even shotguns here. its not a problem unless theres niggers around. ive never been held at gun point or had to shoot at anyone. i carry a glock 19 9mm everyday, shot placement and ammo make a difference. a .22 can kill you.
>>
>>140322255
There are few drug addicts in my area, I used to use shoot meth when I was in highschool so that is the only reason I was even around one.

I have never owned a 45 so I cannot really speak to how one handles, however used to use a 357 to finish off coyotes and bobcats that were caught in leg hold traps, and while to be fair they were stationary targets and I was relatively close (of course you always will be relatively close to anything you shoot at with a hand gun) it never did feel like the recoil ever posed a problem of any kind to me personally though it was definitely noticeable
>>
>>140322196
> I remember a case of a man killing an armed robber with the thief's own handgun and getting prison time for it.

Jesus that is depressing.

I would probably get in trouble too if some policeman would find my baton, so I need to be super careful outside.
>>
File: crime figure.png (29KB, 1100x743px) Image search: [Google]
crime figure.png
29KB, 1100x743px
In my state, when we added right-to-carry laws crimes went down because the criminals went to the neighboring state to commit crimes that doesn't have those laws ... until they added it but it still wasn't as bad as it was before
>>
>>140321991
>>140319184
The FBI/CIA etc use a .40 cal S&W
The reason for this is a bank robbery in flordia during the 90s which got 2 or 3 federal agents killed due to them not being properly equipped to face 2 military trained bank robbers with assault weapons

.40 has reasonable stopping power while still allowing you to to hold 15 rounds in the mag.
Another guy said "pistol rounds are notoriously bad at killing people".
This is quite simply false. If youre using a weapon of decent caliber and put a number of rounds into center of mass your target should be pretty neutralized. They may survive but thats not what you care about in a self defense situation.

Also a .22 can be just as effective as .45 but i recommend something in the middle. I watched a video yesterday where a highway patrolman stopped a guy. Went to frisk him, they got to fighting,suspect pulls a .22 and shoots the officer right in the chest who survives due to his vest. After the fight the officer hops up and puts 5 .357 rounds in the center of the guys mass. However none of the rounds hit anything really vital and as the trooper paused a second to radio back the guy got off another shot with .22.

This round went passed the vest, into his armpit, and severed his aorta. Dead within seconds.
I recommend a .40 S&W with a antipersonnel rounds (hydroshock, nickel plated, etc). You want the round to stop like a big round but tumble like a small one once inside the target
>>
>>140321575
>Also pistol calibers are notoriously bad at killing people
the problem is they run away then die so arguably they could still shoot u like in op
but shot placement is god like george lucas here
its harder to carry big revolvers and only 6 shot and slow reload meh
>>
>>140322779
That is an important point to add with regard to using anti personnel rounds, to anyone who doesn't know there are bullets designed to break up more inside of a person/animal causing maximum fuckery inside of them
>>
>>140322442
This sounds not too bad, seems like nigs always fuck shit up.

Is there a calliber that fucks people up with simply bodyshots? I think I have a really bad aim due to fucked eyes from welding.
>>
>>140322932
>not best millimeter 10mm
that's the problem
>>
>>140322779
>Another guy said "pistol rounds are notoriously bad at killing people".
This is quite simply false. If youre using a weapon of decent caliber and put a number of rounds into center of mass your target should be pretty neutralized.
But they are. The part that matters is how long it takes between you putting the first bullet into them and when they are no longer a threat. You can still be killed yourself if you didn't get a really lucky hit in an organ that will stop him now and not five or ten seconds from now.
Shot placement still is the most important part of any caliber.
>>
>>140319184
When confronted by savages concealed carriers merely pull back their jacket to exhibit that they're packing.
>>
Its relatively safe. The only time I feel uncomfortable is going into a urban center or major city.
>>
>>140322196
Here is the same meme law on self-defense. You can get a prison even if you fight with your fists and hit the enemy before the hospital. For civilians only pistols with rubber bullets are allowed.
>>
>>140319184
The places with the most homicide committed by guns are in the most heavily gun controlled cities & are mostly centralized in cities with high populations of black people.
>>
>>140321575
All pistol calibres pack very little energy compared to a good rifle. They're also harder to control, because they've got less contact points with their shooter.

Big fat magnum revolvers are hard to conceal. Small magnum revolvers (.357 for example) make are limited in capacity (although you can get 8-shot carry revolvers now), and make really, really big muzzle flash and recoil. Not fun to shoot.
>>
>>140323243
Shot shell makes it hard to miss, but is illegal in most states.
>>
>>140322544
So for a buff guy it should be no prob to fire something like that? I only heard stories about how hefty recoil is, and my left shoulder and right trapezius are a little damaged from rheumatism and workout
>>
>>140319184
You need to live in the spirit of Charlton Heston.
>>
>>140324099
Yeah it should be no problem as far as recoil is concerned, the main gripe I have with any revolver for self defense purposes though is ammunition capacity, like I said I was using it on restrained animals so capacity was not an issue in my case
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.