[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is up with this faggot?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 30

File: m81eVFo.png (867KB, 1218x686px) Image search: [Google]
m81eVFo.png
867KB, 1218x686px
What has this stupid faggot ever done? I see betas and try-hard psudeuo-intellectuals circle-jerking about how amazing he is, but I have never actually seen any of his accomplishments.

Seems like he is just blowing a bunch of government money on sci-fi inventions that are never even used for anything.

Somebody redpill me on this retarded faggot. Why is he famous?
>>
>>140306063
Shut the fuck up bitch. Suck a dick. Fucking little dumb cuckold.
>>
he is like a jesus figure for people who post on reddit
all he has done since paypal is get incredibly subsidized by the taxpayer. he's a loser. straight up. oh wow i got a billion dollars let me make a company to extract joy from rainbows wow i am an ideas guy
>>
>>140306182
t. Elon Musk
>>
>>140306063
He took money from the gubmint, built useless cars and reversed footage of his rocket taking off, then called it a landing.

Pretty sure it's a ftm trans, has the spending habits of a woman and the earning ability too. Probably a jew too.

All elon fans are required to cut their dicks off
>>
>>140306063
He co-founded paypal. And made an electric car. That's about it.
>>
>>140306182
lol hey elon stfu
>>
>>140306315
He is doing these conferences constantly where he shows a computer simulation of an idea he has where he fucking builds a bullet train to mars after he nukes it to blow away the space dust and reveal the ocean under the dust and all of this retarded bullshit

None of his stupid inventions ever seem to actually get built though? What is this faggot actually inventing?

Henry Ford started producing cars, and then people started driving them. Simple. Where is your fucking flying rocket boats Elon?
>>
>>140306063
>paypal
>tesla
>solar roof
>spacex
>hyperloop
>neuralink (brain-computer interfaces)

He's doing a lot. /pol/ don't be contrarian fags and hate shit that reddit likes by default.
>>
>>140306998
>paypal
ok
>tesla
shitty
>solar roof
lmao useless
>spacex
a meme
>hyperloop
a meme
>nearalink
a meme
>>
>>140306998
>Jew link. Takes money from goyim and turns it into pizza parties

Elong pruzidunt wennn???
>>
The government pays him money to make rockets and robots while his wife fucks other men. Nothing this worthless faggot does will ever be of use to the common man. Big shock, jewish media idolizes a man who has done nothing. Only marxist reddit cucks think this guy is worth shit.
>>
>>140306749
yes he's drinking his own kool aid. oh wow what a visionary. that's his brand and that's how he will continue to soak up subsidies, which is the only reason he's gotten as far as he has. ok, guys, listen. how about a company that zaps clouds for drinking water. these things are made of water
*audience swoons*
>>
>>140306063
I heard he's a really good businessman and investors love him.
>>
>>140306998
> paypal
he did not create paypal, he hired some autist to do things aquired by paypal
> tesla
he didn't create tesla, he was an outsider who manipulated the board to oust the real founder of tesla

He is simply a guy who pretends to be nerd but in reality he is just a manipulator of smart autists
>>
yeah i dont understand the hype. from what i know, he just made tesla and paypal. he's trying to do a whole lot of cool other things but hasnt accomplished it yet, so his praise really isnt justified
>>
I think leftist cuckhold atheists who are afraid to die worship Elon because they:

1. Want transhumanism so they can live forever because they don't want to die and go to hell

2. Want to become god themselves through Elon's meme ideas

3. are not satisfied with normal life due to existential emptiness due to gaytheism and fagnosticism
>>
>>140306998
None of this shit is of use to the average person except paypal and tesla. Even then, barely anyone uses paypal and no one drives electric cars. Reddit cucks would have you think this fucker was Einstein incarnate.
>>
>>140307178
>tesla
>shitty
Its forcing other car manufacturers to be less complacent and integrate some basic self driving tech in their cars. This is legit how capitalism should work. Musk is full of shit about the Teslas having the ability of level 4 autopilot or whatever, but defo a step in teh right direction

>spacex
>meme
How is it a meme? Its delivering shit to the ISS. Backpacking to Mars is dumb as fuck but giving the US launch capbility with reusable rockets is fantastic

>hyperloop
Not developed enough to know either way

>neuralink
Not developed enough to know either way. Cyborg tech is cool a f though
>>
>>140306063
Puppet and a face for a corporation, like zuccerberg. Corporations pretend to have human qualities and dumb people use him as a personification. Also jews are abusing Teslas name. No one would buy an electric car named after some kike.
>>
>>140306063
get rekt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPx__19QGrA

>>
He is a master at persuading gullible liberals (in and out of government) to give him money.
>>
>>140307862
>barely anyone uses paypal
What the fck are you on about, do you know how big the ebay economy is

>electric cars
electric cars are cool and should replace fuel based cars in a few decades.
>>
File: fakegay.png (41KB, 580x353px) Image search: [Google]
fakegay.png
41KB, 580x353px
>>140307900
>self driving cars
>letting your fucking car cuck you and tell you where to go
Will kill us all and cucks want to get dominated by their own fucking car

>space travel
stupid worthless and gay

>hyperloop
a meme

>cyborg technology
AI technology and transhumanism will just create a league of technocrats who will kill us all. It's the jew's end game, and only the goodest of goys are excited about it
>>
File: all these flavors.png (641KB, 600x826px) Image search: [Google]
all these flavors.png
641KB, 600x826px
if only you hustled as hard as you hate, anons
>>
>>140306063
he's a money laundering crook. no one "goes to space"
>>
PT Barnum for Redditors.
>>
@op unless you have some sort of plan to get us off planet earth within my life time you can shut the fuck up

elon is my guy
>>
>>140308005
Top fucking kek

It won't even be active in 10 years and it will never produce anything that will be used for any practical purpose

>muh lightsaber dildos that let you breathe in space
>>
>>140306063
Some of his shit is retarded. Hyperloop is a fucking meme, the US doesn't even have maglev yet. He's done pretty well with batteries and cars though.
>>
>>140308481
>yes let's leave the only place sustainable for humans
I am fine with launching you and the other homosexual redditors straight into the sun
>>
File: map_rouge_complex_ford.jpg (804KB, 1960x1330px) Image search: [Google]
map_rouge_complex_ford.jpg
804KB, 1960x1330px
>>140308005
>muh "giga"factory

It doesn't take much to impress Tesla fanboys does it? That is the power of persuasion.
>>
>>140308611
literally nigger tier logic. im sure this is what africans told themself when somebody thought up the concept that maybe they should progress past a sharpened stick

futurism is white. be white
>>
Dude's a good marketer and not much else. His endeavors so far have mostly been vaporware.
>>
>>140308788
>I want to leave Earth and go to an uninhabitable planet using fictional meme technology taken from shitty sci-fi books/movies

I honestly believe Transhumanism and futurism is a psy-op created by the powers that be to make people compliant with the culling and enslavement of the population
>>
>>140309157
>i wanna stay on planet earth like a nigger stuck in africa forever never conquering the unknown never leaving my comfort zone just fucking and consuming for the rest of eternity

you arent white
>>
>>140306610
I worked for two separate absolute shit companies for two different dudes who claimed to be founders of paypal. It's the backstory of an entire generation of conmen. I heard it's because the actual paypal creators were grayhats who got fucked and moved on around the last time ebay got a new page design.
>>
File: occupy_mars.jpg (35KB, 626x471px) Image search: [Google]
occupy_mars.jpg
35KB, 626x471px
>>140306063

> Somebody redpill me on this retarded faggot.

i got u senpai

> be teenage musk
> parents are half-kike half-boer smugglers in white south africa
> be r9k-tier social outcast for a reason i won't disclose
> get beat unconscious by chads
> wake up in hospital a week later, go talk to daddy for fatherly guidance
> get told by daddy that am a worthless son who'll never amount to anything, get punched by daddy a few times before he leaves the family forever
> tfw no family no friends no hope
> turn to nietzche for comfort
> be fully blackpilled by age 14
> resolve to maximize will to power at all costs
> jew genes plus boer genes is potent mix
> make a shooter computer game, sell it for cash money
> make an illegal pinball arcade, get shut down
> get into stanford phd via good grades in cucked canada university
> pay rent in canada by running an illegal off-campus fraternity with paid dance parties
> see internet is happening, decide to cash in by typing out phone books and scanning in city maps into myspace tier web pages to do shit like autistically calculate directions
> vicious turf war with peter thiel, nearly go bankrupt and insane at the same time but never quit and manage to cuck brother into doing a lot of the work
> manage to scrape enough market share to sell to yahoo for millions of dollars
> marry and make sons
> decide to take over the banking system by making paypal
> (((they))) take notice, get him kicked off the paypal board, buy out all his shares, and then nerf paypal into a cuck addon for ebay.
> rightly terrified of being shoah'd, musk travels to russia and buys a couple of megaton devices that he sets up as failsafes a la Raven from Snow Crash
> makes a deal with (((them))) where they fund his idealistic futuristic shit in exchange for him not redpilling the masses on the federal reserve and media control
> this symbiosis from hell works out
> musk gets to save the world by creating electric cars, cheap space travel, and solar
>>
File: Elon.jpg (158KB, 800x358px) Image search: [Google]
Elon.jpg
158KB, 800x358px
>>
>>140307178
>>spacex
>a meme
He is killing the market with spacex
Won't debate the rest but european and russians are in panic mode just because of this company. Also boeing and lockeed.
Quite impressive for a company created with a few hundred millions (to be compared with 10s of billions)
>>
>>140309406
I want to put my time and resources into efforts that create a functional lifestyle

Not put my faith into a government operative selling memes to pathetic low-IQ betas who are frothing at the mouth about "muh space travels" while cancer rates are increased by 3,000% and corporatism marches civilization straight into a prison planet

>traveling and exploring is WHITE

Yeah I guess stupid 23 year old girls doing "mission trips" to 3rd world countries are smart and brave too
>>
>>140308509
>>140308722

Oh how wrong you are.

t. Tesla Engineer
>>
>>140309760
that took a weird turn. also though him and peter thiel were together on paypal
>>
>>140306063
He tells people what they want to hear.

What more do you need to be popular?
>>
>>140309996
What does someone stupid enough to take a pay cut to virtue signal got to say on the subject?
>>
>>140309953
so while the white men are out conquering the universe, you're gonna be at home making a nice little homely nest for yourself like a house wife?

lol you arent white and you arent male with this nigger tier logic
>>
>>140310377
>escapism
>the ultimate blue pill

We haven't needed men in space since we invented the microchip and the fiber optic cable.
>>
redpill, elon's a deep state experiment of a possible peace treaty with the rest of humanity.

he might be seen as a cuck among reptilians, but he's a decent guy among men, sacrificing his own blood in exchange for permission to let the world tasted some of their technology.

he should have been dead or in a mental institution right now if it weren't for all that.
>>
>>140310377
>all of civilization is literally falling apart
>meme technology and fucking around space is going to solve it all
>>
He's our only chance against Zuck the cuck.
He warns against AI.
>>
>>140310479
>actual plans put in place by elon
>escapism

even if elon doesnt get us to mars he will still get us 1 step closer and thats what makes him white. niggers like you can stay in your little africa rotting away
>>
File: moonman.png (88KB, 471x349px) Image search: [Google]
moonman.png
88KB, 471x349px
>>140306063
What has this stupid faggot ever done?
>Founded electric car company
>Creating hyper loop
>Inventing the private space exploration sector

Yeah okay OP, your mom needs to get you some chicken tendies. Go make a company grossing billions or fuck off.
>>
>>140310813
>>actual plans put in place by elon
>>escapism

Yeah we had plans in place by the us government to have men living and working in space in numbers greater than 100,000 by the year 2000.

Reality had other plans. You're just wasting money on nothing, when we could be using it to keep the lights on for another 50 years.
>>
>>140306063
How stupid is OP....he runs an energy company, a car company, and a rocket company, he co-founded paypal...
>>
>>140310880
>i love the Rockefellers, they made so much money
>>
>>140310655
our ancestors didnt care about that when they traversed every sea on planet earth just to know what was out there

post a photo of your hand. i refuse to believe you are white with this regressive nigger logic
>>
>>140310979
Okay, and show me what he has to show for any of this, besides Paypal.
>>
>>140310979
no profits, despite government subsidies, no profits, despite government subsidies, no profits, despite government subsidies, only successful because paypal.

Stellar.
>>
>>140306749

the real hype behind Elon Musk is the world needs a new Steve Jobs, and he fits the bill pretty nicely: he's a ruthless businessman that systematically drains the life force out of nerds that want to suck his cock and work at his companies by making them work twice as hard and then go sell their results in a neat little futuristic package for investors

literally steve jobs 2.0 excepts he's autistic
>>
>>140311107
>besides paypal
besides ebay, meant to say. But he hasn't been involved in paypal since the 90's.
>>
>>140311033
Our ancestors had boats and were exploring land/territory that they knew existed. They knew it was inhabitable to some extent, and knew that there would be sustainable resources
>>
>>140310963
>oh no something difficult might take time and hard work
>lets just give up and stop progressing like the africans

be white
>>
>>140309996
Didn't really address my point on that "giga" factory not being impressive, especially from the outside.
>but muh drone footage and cool music
>>
>>140310377
Outer space is nothing but a meme for dumb low IQ urban-retards to focus outwards into nothingness, instead of forging their bonds with the earth. Read a fucking book you troglodyte.
>>
>>140311280
This is such a copypasted rhetoric that you can only be a shill.
>>
>>140306063
You fucking retarded faggot. That guy builds rockets. You masturbate to the internet.
Saged for kek to hit you with a brick
>>
>>140311787
>that guy builds rockets

Show me a rocket that he designed which is used for...anything
>>
>>140311218
>>140311497
>>140311516
there must be something in the water in america. because what you're saying goes against everything that has made the white race so great

you are not white, even if your skin is pale you are still not white
>>
Why is anybody defending this faggot? All of you are losing your jobs in the future because of his artificial intelligence technology

>be Elon musk
>make driverless cars happening
>warn people that cyborgs are going to take over to distract them from the real problems with artificial intelligence

Literally 50,000 Uber drivers in NYC alone will lose their jobs to this technology

Now imagine delivery men, taxi drivers, truck drivers , etc

Elon musk is another faggot turning human jobs into robot jobs
>>
>>140306749
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnrvKGSFFPE
>>
>>140310338
Pay is great. Not sure where you heard that. I'm also a conservative Trump supporter. Not the only one there either. You see that a lot in engineering actually.

>>140311474
We didn't make that video, lol. Right, I'm going to provide competitive secrets on a thai sushi forum to an emu smuggler.
>>
>>140311165

/thread
>>
>>140311901
Take 2 God damn seconds to Google it what the fuck
>>
>>140312119
Well then why did you link my post?
>>
>>140309760
>good grades in cucked canada university
Queen’s University is one of the best in Canada, and we actually have a worldwide respect for our universities. Get fucked, burger.
>>
I drive a Tesla Model X, shit's awesome. It's truly a different experience than driving a regular car, it's much better. Not even kidding
>>
>>140312085
Elon Musk has nothing to do with the hyperloop, it will proabably never actually be used either
>>
>>140306749
People are already driving Elon's cars you fucking moron

And he's sending his rockets into space (and landing them back on earth) all the goddamn time now

You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>140312338
Attempting to give you another perspective instead of "fanboyisms" without breaching my ethical and legal obligations.
>>
>>140308320
I hope you're pretending to be retarded and not actually this retarded

>hey, who needs a car? a real man uses horses and wagons, fuck advancing the human race
>>
Talk to me when you can resupply the international space station, or design your own car. OP is a faggot.
>>
>>140312517
Why'd you get that instead of a Model S? More space?

Also is the Model X four wheel drive?
>>
>>140312649
>fanboy links underwhelming video of the top of a big warehouse labeled a "giga" factory
>I provide historical context for why that's not impressive and the only reason the fanboy things it is - is because he's a fanboy
>you tell me simply "You're wrong"

pick your battles brah, this one makes no sense.
>>
>>140306063
He built a battery in Melbourne or someshit.
>>
this guy is like a "science" version of those european film directors that receive millions to make films nobody watches
>>
>>140313579
public money, by the way
>>
>>140307178
>tesla
>shitty
The goal is sustainable vehicles that rely less on fossil fuels which is a good thing
>spacex
>a meme
Reusable rockets are the next big thing in spaceflight technology and the U.S/Nasa would be fucked if we didn't have Spacex working for cheaper alternatives.
>hyperloop
>a meme
Reduces travel costs and forces an antiquated American train industry to fuck off with their exorbitant prices for piece of shit slow trains that never arrive on time and are delayed for hours (Amtrak)
>>
>>140313637
>muh electric cars
wont happen

>muh rockets
wont happen

>literally going 250 mph in a pod created by the meme team
won't happen
>>
>>140306063
>made tesla

that's about all i know

oh he also bought a boring company for shits and gigs just to make a big fuck off tunnel
>>
>>140312960
yes and yes
100k well spent imo
>>
>>140313409
More proof of his expert persuasion.

>sell all your gas to china for cents on the dollar
>no gas left for own power stations
>power outages out the arse
>"FUCK GAS POWER, MUH CLIMATE CHANGE, LETS BUILD A FUCKHUGE BATTERY INSTEAD"
>>
>>140309760
hes not a jew
>>
File: 1504380964257.jpg (33KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
1504380964257.jpg
33KB, 620x412px
>>140313579
Best description I've heard
>>
Needs to stfu about AI and stick to flying rockets
>>
>>140306182
>elon frequents the_donald
figures
>>
>>140307900
>tesla

only arguing point is "good for le environment ecks dee" and since most american power is still coal, no it's fucking not. Just get a smart car if you're so fucking concerned.

>spacex

Any developments recently?

>"we can land our rockets for re-use!"

Oh wow, so now you need to carry much more fuel on launch so you can land that shit. So basically you're giving up the space part of space flight so you can... save a little cash on the reentry. But you're burning more rocket fuel so what's the fucking point?

>Hyperloop

Worst fucking meme yet.

>vacuum tube
>200x larger than largest vacuum chamber in world
>thin-ass sheet steel pipes shown in footage

lel

>neuralink

Oh boy can't wait for these to become mandatory to nip wrongthink at the bud.
>>
>>140306063
wat

He built an electric car company that turned the industry on its head.
Also spacex has actually managed to create reusable rockets which everyone else said was impossible
>>
>>140313810
>wont happen

already did happen

you can buy a tesla right now and see for yourself

>wont happen

he already made and sucesfully landed a reusable rocket

>hyper drive

still an early prorotype idea
>>
>>140314227
>already did happen
Yeah they're the biggest meme cars in existence. Everybody laughs at how useless, expensive, and shitty they are

>landed a reuseable rocket
And what're they going to do with that? Post a neil degrasse tyson meme to educate me
>>
>>140314375
lol... become white
>>
>>140312536

Yeah most people can't afford his cars you muzzie. As it was said earlier

Motha fucka hasn't done a God Damn thing.
>>
>>140311902
>Australian
>"G'day mate, wanna roast a roo on the barbie?"
>progress
>white

miss me with that gay shit, get the fuck outta here
>>
>>140306063
>Why is he famous?
Same reasone why main stream media say Steve Jobs was the "father of modern computers" - he was an egocentric psychopath that used and manipulated people in order to be seen as a great person when they never really had accomplished anything in the field at all.

I have someone like that as a boss in my university. Never does any research, but always puts his own name on any paper we publish.
>>
>>140314676
>miss me with that gay shit

even talks like a nigger. have fun in africa dude. me, elon and the other white men are going to mars while you keep sharpening your stick
>>
>>140311903
This except slightly reverse.
Elon has been one of the top anti-artificial intelligence folks on the planet for a few years here.

However, automation is still a huge issue.
>>
File: 1453490518538.png (9KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1453490518538.png
9KB, 315x315px
>>140314375
You're talking out your ass my dude to be contrarian.

>Everybody laughs at how useless, expensive, and shitty they are
Literally nobody does that but you. So far every Tesla has gotten rave reviews. The model s is actually the safest production car ever created.

>And what're they going to do with that?
A big hindrance of space exploration is the cost. Building an entire rocket every time you want to send something into space gets expensive quick. If you can reuse the rocket and not have to build a fucking entire new one every time you save precious funds that can be used for other things instead.

This isn't rocket science dude
>>
>>140314827
You're an australian, you're not even fucking close to white you crimenigger.
>>
>>140314827
Why the fuck do you think Britain sent you idiots off to live in an uninhabitable wasteland?
>>
>>140306063

he looks like a 90-IQ moron.

just like einstein who didn't know high school maths but became jewish scientist super star.

everything under this system is a lie.
>>
This guy is so good pol/tards can't meme when he's around
>>
>>140315150
>Einstein didn't fail math
>ww2 lies to make japs look subhuman

and it pretty much worked
>>
Musk is the only man with money with a vested interest in colonizing other planets. That alone makes him worth a damn. He's the pharaoh. He might not be the one who designs or builds the pyramid, but he makes damn sure it gets built.
>>
>>140314899
>literally nobody does
What echo chamber are you in? Everybody laughs at them. They're a fucking joke, completely un-practical

>space exploration
And what are we going to do with that? The world is a trainwreck and we are investing our resources into exploring territory that is completely uninhabitable and shows no evidence of providing a single asset to man-kind.

I don't even think these transhumanist meme-teams have any intention of doing any of this stupid bullshit. It's just another psy-op to distract the goyim from the fact that they are poisoning our food and water and herding us into a gigantic prison planet.

Elon Musk is a government shill. Answer me this: Does the government have our best interest in mind? Or are they in a constant struggle to enslave humanity through corporatism?

Why would Elon Musk be doing anything that is beneficial to man-kind, when all of his pursuits are funded by the government?
>>
he is the guy that terraformed mars in his mind
>>
End this world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwiyS5aTcU
>>
>>140307178
this literally all true well maybe except spacex
>gov funds this he is literally part of the government now
>>
>>140315648
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-uh muh asteroid resources that would take 10+ delta heavy launches per ton of material recovered!
>>
>>140306063
He has his finger in new technology for solar, ai, batteries and space exploration. Whats not to like? At least someone is making an honest attempt to create technologies everyone wants
>>
>>140314180
i cant exactly speak for everything else but the cost of bringing more fuel to land a reusable rocket is SUBSTANTIALLY less than rebuilding/refurbishing an old rocket you absolute moron.
>>
Reminder that based Elon Musk (pbuh) is hated by commies and oil merchants only.
>>
>>140316024
>technologies with obvious dead ends but science fiction writers 70 years ago picked them because they were new so obviously they must be the future.

I just can't believe people have reasoning this bad.
>>
He found a loophole in government funding that lets him make money with almost no risk, and virtue-signal while doing it.
Luckily, he has nerd interests like AI and space colonization, so he is doing more for the future of humanity than almost anyone else.
>>
>>140316396
>he is futur of homanitee
>i red in a scifi comic buk
>>
>>140316024
>yes goyim, just sit back and relax, you must be tired from your 40 hours in your corporate cubicle
>the government is going to build you magicaly technology that lets you fly around in space and move from city to city within an hour
>crack open a beer, turn on some porn, and don't mind those black neighbors we are moving into your neighborhood
>don't mind your wife sucking off jamale and then divorce raping you
>you're going to be a space god soon!
>>
>>140316297
How do any of those have obvious dead ends, when space and energy potential extends to infinity for all we can tell?
>>
>>140316658
>space comes
>diversity quotas
>niggers spread to space

great plan.
>>
File: 147865764754.gif (1MB, 240x314px) Image search: [Google]
147865764754.gif
1MB, 240x314px
Complementary dancing Musk gif
>>
>>140316730
>space and energy potential extends to infinity for all we can tell?

Energy potential? Space is not infinite, obviously.
>>
>>140316024
>solar

Meme that has horrific chemical waste consequences. Nuclear is superior.

>ai

Imagine unironically thinking that an artificial intelligence that will inevitably surpass you and destroy you is a GOOD thing.

>Batteries
>we still haven't mastered safely handling lithium ion batteries
>battery volatility is directly proportional to stored energy
>phones become improved explosives
>at least I have 90 hours battery life

>Space exploration

When either Elon or someone else comes up with a cheaper method to escape the gravity well, then I'll be interested. Until then, space exploration is a super expensive meme, because the gravity well is the biggest hurtle.
>>
>>140314645
No one could afford a Ford motormobile at first either.
>>
>>140316809
>Space is not infinite, obviously.
Then your proof should be equally obvious.
>>
>>140316929
Yes they could.
>>
>>140306063
He was in charge of PayPal, Tesla, and SpaceX. He invested his own money into companies that were expected to fail and made them semi-successful, but he also changed the game in auto and space manufacturing bringing a lot of jobs back to the U.S. The rest is based on whether you believe in global warming or not, and I'm not gonna bother debating anyone here on that.
>>
>>140312441
Worldwide except America. Nigger.
>>
>>140316743
>WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS AND SHIEEEET
>>
>>140317106
Name a profitable company under his name.
>>
>>140317043
Why? Why would space ever be "obvious" to a terrestrially evolved ape? Do you really think reality is so simple you can fully grasp every aspect of it without any education beyond buzzwords?

Space was created at the big bang and has been inflating since. It has a finite size. If it did not, the universe would have cooled far more than it has.
>>
>>140317057
The few.
>>
>>140316158
Dude, the whole fucking point of a rocket is to maximize fuel and minimize payload weight. If you add twice as much fuel so you can land(and remember, you have to have as much fuel to slow yourself down from gravitational pull as to speed yourself up - second law of physics, all energy is conserved), you lower your payload weight by half. So a payload that would take one launch will now take two. And you still have to fix and double check and repair and re-finish the entire rocket body anyways.

It's not viable.
>>
>>140306063
>be /pol/
>brag about white people inventing everything over niggers
>white man invents a bunch of cool shit
>muh cuck muh gov subsidies

I lost a lot of faith in /pol/ ITT
Maybe he isnt profitable but he's objectively pushing boundaries with his companies
You all just hate him because reddit has a hard-on for him
>reusable rockets
>electric cars that arent faggy and slow

Hyperloop ill praise if/when I see an actual working model being used by citizens
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>140317199
>he believes in the big bang

The brain of an Elon Musk supporter, everybody
>>
>>140315787
cringe
>>
>>140317199
>"obvious"
You are the one who introduced the term.

If it is constantly inflating with no upper limit in sight, its size is not finite.
>>
>>140317307
>reusuable rockets
see >>140317278
>>
File: 1501833332307.png (165KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1501833332307.png
165KB, 327x316px
>>140317307
Musk-cucks just need to stfu

He's fucking government funded. Funded by the same people who are openly anti-white, fight to destroy the white race, put chemicals into our food, defend putting chemicals into our tap-water, and work with UN shills to create a giant commie-block prison planet.

Yes I am sure that (((Musk))) is going to bring us to the next level, it's totally not a psy-op to keep the goyim relaxed and compliant.

Musk left Trump's administration because he pulled out of the Paris Climate Agreement. What does that tell you, Muskcucks?
>>
>>140317278
>If you add twice as much fuel
You don't need anywhere near twice as much fuel since escaping earth's gravity takes far more energy than being drawn back to earth's gravity for re-entry.
>>
>>140317205
not as few as can afford a tesla.

>>140317369
Elon musk "believes" in it as well.

>>140317558
>If it is constantly inflating with no upper limit in sight, its size is not finite.
Inflating and being infinite are not the same thing at all.
>>
>>140306359
What does t. Mean?
>>
>>140317307
You understand Tesla is complete and utter bullshit, right? Like the cost benefit is not there. The disposal is not there. The footprint can't be talked about because creating it and disposing of it is worse for the environment than replacing it all with a v6 Camry. Pretty sure Teslas complete shit compared even to a prius which is questionable. Because the nips knew full electric wasnt there yet. Tesla is high end hipster green.

It's "morally" justified snake oil because "we need to change the world". Plus a tiny dose of legitimate battery research which is always appreciated.
>>
>>140317685
That would imply energy is not conserved.
If you spend x energy ascending, you will gain x energy descending, which means you also need to spend x energy to slow to a halt. Ergo, you need to carry 2x fuel so that you can spend half of it ascending, then you spend x fuel descending and slowing to a halt.
>>
>>140317736
He also "believes" in global warming and left Trump's administration over the exit of the paris trade agreement. And you're telling me this guy isn't a shill?

Refer to this
>>140317637
>>
>>140317736
Being unbounded by any known upper limit is the definition of infinite.
>>
>>140317834
he is a shill, but that has nothing to do with the big bang. Be a retard somewhere else.
>>
>>140306063

You are the stupidest fucking OP I've ever seen so far. You are literally WORTHLESS compared to Elon Musk. He is a man of the future, something only 0.00001% of the population is. He is famous because he can think beyond reality. What he has done right now is just a fraction of his beautiful mind.
>>
>>140317885
>Being unbounded by any known upper limit is the definition of infinite.

But it currently has a limit, and it will always have a limit, that limit will just increase until the universe cools so much that life can never exist again.
>>
File: IMG_0256.jpg (358KB, 918x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0256.jpg
358KB, 918x918px
>>140314645
>ameripoors
Hahahahahahaha
everyone drives a fucking tesla here.
>>
>>140317965
>But it currently has a limit
What is the known size of this obvious limit?

>limit
>increase
I don't think you even understand what a limit is.
>>
>>140317908
>God isn't real goyim
>The world was created by nothing. Mind blowing isn't it?
>Don't get too nihilistic now!

The big bang theory was debunked by a statistician, who I actually had a class with. Pretty interesting stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soYMGeqHzpI

And some obligatory anti-big bang bantz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igwU6PXJVtM
>>
>>140317926
>just a fraction of his beautiful mind

I can't imagine what the government is putting in the Canadian syrup supply to make you all such brainwashed bluepilled cucks. Stretch that asshole nice and wide for multiculturalism, aye
>>
>>140318091
>What is the known size of this obvious limit?

The age of the universe. About 13 billion light years.

>I don't think you even understand what a limit is.
Something that can be increased. If space was infinite, you couldn't increase it or expand it, dumbfuck.

>>140318111
God is an ideal, not a being.
>>
>>140317821
If you ignore all the energy lost to friction that makes it harder to accelerate, but assists in deceleration and think it takes just as much energy to dive down a pool than to resurface.
>>
>>140318231
>size
>age
How tall are you? 13 years old?

lim·it
ˈlimit/
noun
noun: limit; plural noun: limits

a point or level beyond which something does not or may not extend or pass.
"the limits of presidential power"
the terminal point or boundary of an area or movement.
"the city limits"
synonyms: boundary, border, bound, frontier, edge, demarcation line; More
perimeter, outside, confine, periphery, margin, rim
"the city limits"
the furthest extent of one's physical or mental endurance.
"Mary Ann tried everyone's patience to the limit"
synonyms: utmost, breaking point, greatest extent More
"resources are stretched to the limit"
one's/the breaking point, the last straw;
informalthe end, it, one's wits' end, one's/the max
"I've reached my limit !"
a restriction on the size or amount of something permissible or possible.
>>
>>140318231
>God is just an abstract idea that led humans to progress for a while, but now it's outdated and we've grown passed it

not what history says my friend
>>
File: 1497830359400.jpg (46KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
1497830359400.jpg
46KB, 600x604px
>>140317739
>>
>>140306063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOvo41c5wc
>>
>>140318231
>If space was infinite, you couldn't increase it or expand it, dumbfuck.
Yes you could you can always add or multiply to infinity but since it is unbounded, it is still infinity ie infinity + 1 = infinity.
>>
>>140318477
I didn't say any of that. This is becoming tiresome, dealing with liars.

>>140318452
The age of the universe and the size of the universe are very similar, idiot.

>the city limits
Right, those are fixed forever. Great example. Now shut up.
>>
>>140318592
>add to infinity

Except we actually see changes, which you wouldn't see in an infinite universe. Keep larping though.
>>
>>140317739
LURK MORE, LEAF.
>>
>>140318651
>Today we are fairly confident that the Milky Way is probably between 100,000 and 150,000 light years across. The observable Universe is, of course, much larger. According to current thinking it is about 93 billion light years in diameter.
Even only the observable universe is 7 times larger than you claim.
>>
>>140317739
t.
tdot
means Toronto
>>
>>140318875
yeah i just halfassed it because i don't care about arguing with larpers.
>>
What have you ever done OP?
>>
If you think Elon is an idiot, it would make anyone here look like a useless object.

So by that logic, killing yourself would be the smart thing to do
>>
>>140319017
>we should all aspire to be like peter popoff. he was smart.
>>
>>140306063
the strides made in electric car technology as well as all of Space X are pretty impressive
his company was the first to land space rockets back on earth without destroying them
>>
>>140318704
pi is infinite and you can see changes as you traverse through it and discover more, if infinity couldn't change, it wouldn't be infinite because you would introduce limits and boundaries.
>>
>>140319081
I googled him, and he is a "televangelist, fradulent faith healer, self-proclaimed prophet"

You are comparing apples to seaweed
>>
>>140318956
>I... I... I... was being retarded on purpose.
>>
File: canada.jpg (54KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
canada.jpg
54KB, 600x527px
>>140317739
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=T%20Dot
it means Toronto, you silly leaf.
>>
>>140307741
this
>>
>>140306063
His patents on electric car batteries are royalty free, making it easier for other companies to get in the business.

reusable space rockets n shiet
>>
>>140307982
>tesla
>kike
Killyourselfâ„¢ faggot. Telsa was a true serb
>>
File: 1504548970623.png (294KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1504548970623.png
294KB, 392x714px
>>140308320
>space travel is worthless
Wew lad
i keked with the teslas cucking you tho, I ll give you that
>>
>>140319017
Not really, because I respect normal honest people who do normal honest work

I don't respect government shills LARPing as a futuristic government scientist madman
>>
File: 1491292517006.jpg (14KB, 188x181px) Image search: [Google]
1491292517006.jpg
14KB, 188x181px
>>140312119
Modern car manufacturing at a scale much bigger than tesla at an automation level much larger than tesla using futuristic materials far in excess of tesla (woven carbon frame and panels) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa5_tudyAF8

No Gimmicks. No secrets.. 43min (((Inside))) the factory.
Tesla essentially is at a 3rd rate level compared to this and hides behind veils of secrecy and stupid gimmick marketing to pretend like they have a more advanced operation that most care manufacturers. Most of the derps working at tesla are ex employees of other auto companies.

Ignore this dumbshit troll I'm replying to. The gigafactory looks like a bmw/ford/gm factory from 2014 and is 1/8th the size of one of their plants. You elon shills are fuckin pathetic.

>>140312649
> Right, I'm going to provide competitive secrets...
What secrets? How you faggots grind your coffee in the break room. Try getting out of the red and not needing Billions of dollars of bonds to keep the lights on then tell me about being competitive.

> without breaching my ethical and legal obligations.
topkek
>>
>>140321207
You're in the right frame of mind anon..
Pure hype and bullshit surround everything he touches. No respectable engineer praises this nonsense. Only brainlets, normies, and shit engineers suck Elon's dick.
>>
>>140321128
yeah meng
who needs space?
we should just stay here on earth and go to work and pay our bills

nevermind space it's just a big nothing
>>
>>140306063
Him claiming WW3 will begin with AI during the most tense time since the cold war was pretty fucking damning for him.
>>
>>140312892
You don't have to be an expert at something to criticize it.
>I don't like this actor
>"Waa talkz to me wen you due shakespeer"
>>
>>140306063
all of his businesses have been shit (except paypal i guess, but i hate them). however, he works hard and is a hustler. it's not easy raising billions of dollars, so it's still pretty impressive. his ideas are interesting, they just aren't economically profitable.
>>
File: 1494762402607.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494762402607.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
>>140322593
He's likely been doing a cocktail of drugs (coke/psychedelics) while out in California .. it explains his over pronounced delusions mixed with his broken speech patterns and otherwise weird cognitive distress. I think he even admitted to popping Xanax and drinking wine to keep on schedule .. ofc his crazed fans hearted the tweet like no other.. He's had some visions and is spooked.
>>
>all of this salt because a guy did what most nolife nerds (all of (you) ) dream of.
Wew lads.
>>
File: 1499981277790.png (80KB, 1079x565px) Image search: [Google]
1499981277790.png
80KB, 1079x565px
What did he mean by this?
>>
muh gobirmint subcidies
>>
>>140322593
>>140323920
Development of autonomous combat systems is massive meme in military right now. Same DARPA bux are being used to finance research in general AI. What's so unbelievable about that idea?
>>
>>140324727
His voice to text app was on the fritz. It was supposed to say "I love whores."
>>
>>140306063

Used to think he was a cool guy (minus all the libshittery which he usually keeps to a minimum) but now that he's dating that fucking whore Amber Herd I know he's clearly not the brains of whatever operation he's got going on
>>
>>140306063
>shifted stereotype of electric cars to bad ass and luxury
>bringing autonomous vehicles into the mainstream
>revolutionising decentralised solar power through sturdy and sleek solar tiles
>biggest private space company building partnerships with NASA
>first person to build a reusable rocket
>lands reusable rocket on a floating platform in the ocean after several failures
>created open ai so that the most influential and dangerous technology of the century doesn't fall in the hands of ((them))
>working on revolutionising public transport through a 700mph subsonic train
>understands population growth and overpopulation probabilities, is working on changing city structures to utilise multi-layer underground tunnels for transport instead of a single congested ground layer.

This guy takes bold risks which pay off. He is the definition of a pioneering white man. Only niggers and jews would hate on him
>>
lul Elon is 2 car models away from pushing in the auto industries shit in.

They already got over 700 miles on a single test trip charge. It's over once that is priced in against unleaded gas.
>>
>>140325397
>only niggers and jews would hate him
>literally funded by the US government

Are you retarded? How are people this naive?
>>
>>140314645
>most people can't afford his cars

flag checked, country too poor

>yfw low wages
>yfw high taxes for muh military
>yfw shitty polluting vehicles

teslas are the shit, and the model 3 is affordable and a fucking bargain for what you get.
>>
>>
>>140307178
youre all kinds of dumb you paste eating faggot
>>
>>140325477
The jewish car companies, jewish power companies, jewish transport companies hate him.

Niggers hate him because
>hurr durr i'm too dumb to understand computer autonomy
>hurr durr my POWRFUL DIESEL TRUCK
>hurr durr fuk solar power climate change isn't real lol what a cuck, i'ma keep paying thousands to my jewish fossil fuel overloads that'll teach em i'm edgy and not a fukn cuck lol
>>
>>140325397
>Hyperloop
Ever seen a tube under vacuum get a dent in it? The level of reinforcement needed to implement that will result in staggering costs.
>SpaceX
Reusable rockets for reducing costs. Only thing that will pave the way for is an orbital ring system that will kill SpaceX, since slingshotting a ship from low earth orbit is immensely cheaper and won't require launch fuel.

Musk is no pioneer. He is simply taking existing things and trying to improve them based on some strange sci-fi mentality that relies on humans wanting to stay planet based.
>>
>>140306182
Hi Elon
>>
>>140324727
he needs something to keep him grounded.
>>
>>140325926
spacex has also never demonstrated any cost savings over refurbishing the first stage.

Losing money by offering cheaper flights is not evidence of cost-reduction.
>>
I really like him and his projects but holy fuck. I was at a party the other day and some reddit tier guys I know started talking about him and how he was single handedly designing and engineering the rockets at spacex or some shit.
>"Umh guys, he's a business man. He has a degree in economics. He's smart and has made many successful businesses but he's a capitalist first and fore most."
I just got the respond of
>"umh yeah, okay but like. He's still self taught or something. He's a genius!"
>>
>>140325926
>The level of reinforcement needed to implement that will result in staggering costs

You sound like an angry old person who is afraid of change
>Electricity is too expensive and too dangerous, there's no way i'd have magic fire inside my walls, are you crazy?!
>internet will never become popular, it's just for nerds, there's no way it'll be useful for the everyday joe, besides it can't scale
>Noone will ever replace cash, electric money just can't work
>An automobile is just for rich people, they're too expensive, do you know how much it costs for the materials to build a petroleum engine
>Air travel will never scale, do you know how much it costs to get those things in the air?

SpaceX isn't even a public company, it's his risk, and he seems to be doing pretty well at the moment. Besides, I'm glad there is investment in space tech.

Do you deny that humans will eventually become extinct if we stay on earth forever?
>>
>>140326548
>Do you deny that humans will eventually become extinct if we stay on earth forever?

That's inevitable no matter what? Are you stupid? What exactly will be worth saving in a generation? Sharia for space?
>>
>>140306063

>Be baldcuck
>Get hair transplant
>Become alpha

Pretty obvious is it not?
>>
>>140326612
>colonise mars
>colonise jupiter's moons
>colonise neighbouring solar systems
>disease spreads on earth/nuclear war/asteroids/antibiotic immunity etc
>humans are still alive
>>
>>140326749
>niggers are the only ones who breed in space.
>whites blame themselves for the earth being destroyed
>sharia law on mars
>everything stops working a decade later.

Wow, totally worth saving.
>>
>>140326749
OR!
>none of those things happen
>A GRB happens
>it was all for naught.
>>
>>140307900
>Cyborg tech is cool a f though
transhumanists are worse than kikes
>>
>>140326749
>pour hundreds of millions into meme technology
>get to mars
>absolutely nothing there
>come back
>nothing to show for it
>government still corrupt
>marxist brainwashing still taking effect
>technocrats still becoming more powerful
>the west still crumbling

WOW BASED ELON
>>
File: dfgdfgfg345345.jpg (28KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfgfg345345.jpg
28KB, 429x410px
oh look its another thread where a loser trys to slander a person he perceives to be better than him on a forum that has entirely become losers slandering people they perceive to be better than them
>>
>>140327034
Yes that's what you just did.
>>
File: the-manchurian-candidate.jpg (109KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
the-manchurian-candidate.jpg
109KB, 670x377px
>>140312884
>letting state subsidized corporate automation control your freedom of movement
just slap the neuralink on now before you realize you are the definition of a cuck/slave/servant/goy
>>
>>140326837
the redneck americucks will be the first to go, my descendents will be a prospersous space pioneering race while yours kill each other on earth over MUH WHITE PRIDE kill all mudslimes

>2017
>not having a sense of personal achievement
>only thing left to do is to associate myself with the achievements of my race
ISHYDDT
>>
>>140326981
SpaceX is privately funded, it's not a government agency or a publicly listed company.

Why do you hate the achievements of others?
Oh wait, never mind.
>>
>>140306063
He's smart, rich and have top-model wife. His accomplishments are heard of across the plante. And what you are?
If i were to choose president of united states,, i would choose him over zukerberg.
>>
>>140307178
it is not memes you dumb shithead
zuckerberg trying to beam internet to penniless ethiopians is a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQOn_MtqOjI
>>
>>140327069
I love this, a new company takes on a very established industry, and you see that as someone trying to cuck/slave us?

Do you not realise that your dependence on fossil fuels makes you the definition of a working slave cuck for ((them))
>>
>>140327223
>WHY R U JEALOUS OF ACHIEVEMENTS???

I'm not, there's many people I look up to. Elon Musk is a meme. His invetions are gay, space travel is gay, and his fans are gay
>>
>>140327088
You know how far you are from the equator? Is australia planning on annexing some other country in the near future?

Your people are such pansies that they have the nerve to complain about the police when they don't even yell or point guns at you. The first time your ears pop in space you'll be on the first pod home.

>buhh i'm disillusioned and i have no direction
>i know! i'll pretend sci-fi is prophetic and dedicate my life to championing my delusional fictitious world!

But the future refused to change.
>>
>>140327052

no i didn't
i don't perceive op as more successful than me in any way

try posting "shill" over and over or something. at least you can be dumb with a group of other dumb people
>>
>>140327303
We're dependent on fossil fuels because of physics, not because of anything else. Tell me again, how much energy a tesla battery stores and how much energy a gallon of gas stores?
>>
musk is the cia's fake tech messiah, that's why
>>
>>140327284
>we're hitting meme speeds that shouldn't even be possible

Yes let me know when the government pours millions into building new infastructure to support the Meme Bullet Train.
>>
>>140327349
Yes you did. You wouldn't have spouted that shit with the derisive teenager angst meme picture to go along with it otherwise.
>>
>>140306998
>paypal
he merged his own company into paypal
>tesla
he took over the company from someone else
>solar city
wow, so original
also he took over the company from someone else
>spacex
built with someone else's technology and money
>hyperloop
a concept older than rockets
all in all, that's what it is, a concept
>neuralink
wow, so original
also, non-existent

dude's just a PR machine, just like steve jobs
>>
>>140327396
(((verbal agreement)))
>>
>>140327484
neuralink beat some kid at a video game, that's "something", technically.
>>
>>140317739
t. newfag
>>
>>140327334
Wtf is this derailing bullshit? At least try next time, I mean, resorting to complaining about your own country's police brutality?

I have duel citizenship, i can live in a bunch of different countries, what are you trying to prove anyway? Are americucks really this stupid, i thought it was just a meme

Having an optimistic attitude towards the future of humanity doesn't equate to dedicating my life to championing the idea of space travel you fucking retard.
>>
rogaine has fucked his face up
>>
>>140327388
What is Rose's Law?

>rate of lithium battery technology development in efficiency and storage
>rate of fossil fuel technology development in efficiency and growth

>but hurr durr muh physics
Stay cucked bro

Are you even trying ?
>>
File: Tysononspace.jpg (25KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
Tysononspace.jpg
25KB, 500x322px
>>140327689
>Wtf is this derailing bullshit? At least try next time, I mean, resorting to complaining about your own country's police brutality?
Just showing how low your people's tolerances for hard situations are. They can't even be bothered to get a driver's licence most of the time.

>I have duel citizenship, i can live in a bunch of different countries, what are you trying to prove anyway? Are americucks really this stupid, i thought it was just a meme
Wow you're mad.

>Having an optimistic attitude towards the future of humanity doesn't equate to dedicating my life to championing the idea of space travel you fucking retard.
Yet here you sit spouting the same tired rhetoric as every other delusional space enthusiast.

Come up with new material, that's all i ask.
>>
>>140326548
>You sound like an angry old person who is afraid of change
Afraid of change? No. Hyperloop is a shit meme technology. It will kill people (and possibly turn the pod into a projectile) and when a tube collapses, it will need to be completely replaced. Learn your fucking physics.

>SpaceX isn't even a public company, it's his risk, and he seems to be doing pretty well at the moment. Besides, I'm glad there is investment in space tech. Do you deny that humans will eventually become extinct if we stay on earth forever?
Nigger read what I said about SpaceX. You are an actual reactionary brainlet. Terraforming will be immensely costly, take centuries minimum, and if you knew a goddamn thing about science, would probably know that if we don't develop Venus and possibly Titan in parallel with Mars, we can't even put a fucking proper atmosphere on the planet.
>>
>>140306063
My biggest problem with him is that he's a fucking billionaire and he's perfectly willing to marry a thot, again and again.
>>
>>140327942
>What is Rose's Law?
A pretty chart for idiots who only know buzzwords. It's not a real law.

>rate of lithium battery technology development in efficiency and storage
>rate of fossil fuel technology development in efficiency and growth

is going to make up a 15,000 fold difference in energy density? By when?
>>
>>140327069
>muh freedom
Says he while posting from Windows/IOS driving car with GPS and giving his money to rich "conservatives"
>>
>>140307900
>This is legit how capitalism should work.
Except for the gibs he uses to fund it
>>
>>140320989
>Greek reading comprehension
>>
>>140328054
I give you the point in energy density because it's absolutely right. Legit question though;
What do we do when we burn up the reserves of oil and uranium? Because with no alternative, we goin back to the dark ages bruh.
>>
>>140328054
are you unironically trying to suggest that non renewable resources, which by their very definition implies only a short term option for energy production?

You are more cucked than I thought. How does Jewish energy company cock taste bro
>>
>>140328652
>What do we do when we burn up the reserves of oil and uranium? Because with no alternative, we goin back to the dark ages bruh.

I know right? You'd think we'd maybe try to conserve it, but no.
>>
File: ec9.png (1MB, 1440x926px) Image search: [Google]
ec9.png
1MB, 1440x926px
>>140306063
My lord and savior elon musk ignore these infidels and bless us with your wisdom
>>
>>140328722
>which by their very definition implies only a short term option for energy production?

Sadly yes. Go ahead and castigate me for not being a bleary-eyed optimist who thinks we live in a simulation.

>blames jews
Right, because they have nothing to gain from the perception that the economy will grow forever, no, not the bankers who gives loans to kooks like musk and his investors.
>>
>>140327968
Of course, you are an expert on the subject, I apologise. You sound more and more like my examples with every post.
>>
>>140328723
I sincerely doubt any of these people even realize that Dyson swarms are possible with current technology levels. It's all christcucks or memedreamers.
>>
>>140328854
>nothing but bullshit to spout
Not an argument.
>>
>>140328910
They're possible, but there's no way of transmitting the energy to make it worth the effort.
>>
>>140307741
Kek. Definitely some truth in there
>>
>>140327951
>hurr durr your people
Your tired race rhetoric is getting old. Now you're resorting to driver's license regulation. We get it, you're unintelligent and lost the argument, please stop now before you embarrass yourself further.

>every other delusional space enthusiast
Why jump into conversations on the topic if you want to avoid it?

>only my opinions are good and if someone likes something that I don't like I'm going to let them know about it
>>
>>140306063
>why is he famous
you basically said it
>>
>>140327396
since when does the USA spend money on any infrastructure? Even cargo train tracks and dirt roads don't get budgeting let alone something more modern.

He's running tests in the USA but selling the hyperloop to Dubai.
>>
>>140317821

You may want to consider that's not how friction works, and the rocket is lighter on the boostback burn than at takeoff. Conservation of energy won't help you here, tons of energy is literally thrown overboard.
>>
>>140329018
>Your tired race rhetoric is getting old. Now you're resorting to driver's license regulation. We get it, you're unintelligent and lost the argument, please stop now before you embarrass yourself further.
>literal reddit

>Why jump into conversations on the topic if you want to avoid it?
What?

>only my opinions are good and if someone likes something that I don't like I'm going to let them know about it
We get it, you're unintelligent and lost the argument, please stop now before you embarrass yourself further.
>>
>>140312536
oh good, a car paid for by tax-payers accessible only to the super-rich
>>
>>140328854
Apparently moreso than you. Do actual research. I'm talking a massive undertaking, not some sci-fi meme shit. Steps are needed, and SpaceX is unneeded. An orbital ring is possible with modern tech and modern rockets, and would render reusable vertical takeoff rockets useless. Read what I put on the screen and think. I oppose Musk's ideas because they require materials we don't currently have the infrastructure to produce en masse (hyperloop needs something better than steel to reach decent safety levels), and SpaceX it literally unneeded.
>>
>>140316849

Old lithium batteries burst into flames when you rammed a nail through them. You can see this on youtube.

Newer cells don't do this. You can also see this on youtube, where people expect a nice big flame and instead get nothing, because they have a newer cell.

No, I'm not talking about LiFePO.
>>
>>140318231

The observable universe is 93 billion lightyears across. Because space expands.
>>
>>140328952
Oh, I don't mean making one solely for power. I'm talking full on O'Neill cylinders and shit. The idea is to create a functioning K1 civilization.
>>
>>140329294
>An orbital ring is possible
At what altitude?
>>
>>140329492
Ah. Writing a fantasy book?
>>
>>140311497
>>140311902
Yeah, and meanwhile here on (((Earth))) the cunt virtue signals about Trump and does nothing with his billionaire techy buddies to free humanity from archaic, immoral Jewish banking. Probably agrees with every single liberal globalist policy, because after all he's a refugee too! He got beat up in Johannesburg that one time.
>>
>>140306063

started three billion dollar companies
>>
>>140329605
>that don't make any money
>>
>>140329503
>At what altitude?
40-80 miles.
>Ah. Writing a fantasy book?
No. It's just doable. We do actually have the tech level. I really don't know what else to say without a text wall here.
>>
>>140306063
he's a business man who co-created pay-pal, and used the money from that to pay other people to make shit, and for some reason people think he's actually involved himself.
>>
>>140329636

so what you dont make any money and you havent started 1 company
>>
>>140311903
None of these are good jobs or a worthwhile way to spend one's precious time on this planet with the gift of consciousness. I mean look I totally agree you need to work and earn your keep but losing a few nigger tier jobs is no reason to hesitate for a moment about automation. We've done nothing but kill off entire industries for the past 150 years, legions of low skill workers, and we always adapt. This next wave will only make us take a hard look at the species and see the lack of utility in <100 IQ people.
>>
>>140329683
>40-80 miles.
What keeps it in orbit?

>No. It's just doable. We do actually have the tech level. I really don't know what else to say without a text wall here.
What keeps it in orbit? 80 miles is a shitload of drag and heat. What keeps it from sagging? If there's any variance in the structure's altitude, it'll shred.
Who designed this? What makes you say it's realistic?
>>
>>140306063

does anyone drive a tesla car? or do they just make meme cars that can only be recharged at a single gas station in san fran
>>
>>140329745
I'm not as good at lying as musk, nor do i care for 100 hour workweeks.
>>
>>140307741
Well done, you identified a fundamental trait of humanity, to identify with a cause for existence.

But yeah you're right, we should probably rely on medieval creation myths like Jesus or Muhammad.
>>
>>140329636

Getting shitloads of investments while not making any money, then still getting more investments?

Gee, it's almost like a venture capitalist invested because he saw something they were working on that amazed him
>>
>>140329839
Instead of me text walling you, I'll link you to a guy who can probably explain it better than me.
https://www.youtu.be/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E
>>
>>140329983
Gee, it's almost like a venture capitalist invested because he saw something they were working on that amazed him

The less you know the more easily impressed you are. Venture capitalists are little more than gamblers with their father's money.
>>
>>140307862
>nobody uses paypal
are you living under a fucking rock

>nobody drives electric cars
Flag checked, redneck identified.
Every single car company will produce electric and autonomous vehicles in a decade, screencap this
>>
>>140306063
>Why is he famous?
Because that's how he makes money.

The Elon Musk Algorithm:

>pitch some futuristic concept that can be done with current technology but simply isn't worth it(Tesla...)
>investors go crazy because HEY IT'S ELON MUSK, THE SUPERSTAR
>pour money onto it
>concept ends up in proof of concept but fails to get any sales when turned into product
>rinse and repeat.
>>
>>140330019
Holy fuck i don't know dude this guy's literal elmer fudd accent is killing me.

Just from what i've heard he's a fucking kook. There is no way to build or maintain such a structure no matter what you do.
>>
>>140329228
It's a new thing. Most tech is only accessible to the super rich when it's new
>>
>>140330030
except it's their money and they wouldn't be venture capitalists if they lost it

>>140329983
if only it were venture capitalists. the problem is when governments pour billions into sci-fi schemes that never make it into the market
>>
>>140330234
Just take it and watch the whole thing. I fucking died laughing the first time and had to rewatch, but he actually has numbers to back his shit up.
>>
>>140311903
New jobs will come after automation. Happens every time. Sometimes there is lag, but people always find shit to do and pay others to do. Be excited
>>
>>140330236
then let them pay for it. or can futureman not compete in a free market?
>>
>>140330261
>except it's their money and they wouldn't be venture capitalists if they lost it
You think they never have failures? Really?

>>140330298
He is completely wrong about gravity "balancing out". The forces would pull on every side and it would collapse like wet tissue paper.

I'm sorry you watched the whole thing. You need to have a better check on bullshit.
>>
>>140306063
>never actually seen any of his accomplishments
He got his hair back.
>>
>>140306315

> All he has done since paypal is get incredibly subsidized by the taxpayer

That's what happens when you build a company and succeed. You get loans... faggot
>>
>>140330511
Banks are taxpayer owned now?
>>
>>140308229
>What the fck are you on about, do you know how big the ebay economy is
Do you know how easy it is to punch in a debit/credit card instead
>>
>>140330544
it wasn't that easy 16 years ago.
>>
>>140306749
>>140307481

surely this bullshit isnt sustainable. When will the bubble burst? When will the invention ponzi scheme unravel?
>>
>>140330469
His only real achievement as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>140306063
This. I understand reddit would swoon over this overhyped faggot, because well, reddit, but even on /pol/ I constantly encounter his fanboys. What angers me most are his pseudo-socially concerned statements that aim to distract from real issues.
>>
>>140330403
I'm telling you, yes, he sounds hilarious, and yes, he sounds like a loon at first. He explains things in long-form so normies understand that it isn't meme-tier bullshit. You actually have to pay attention to the entire thing as he fleshes things out.
>>
>>140330564
Actually it was faggot. Its been that easy since like 1994
>>
Hes a con artist an a money launder to some very important people . Keep close watch to the polititians and celebrities that are best buds with him
>>
>>140330664
I don't have to watch what he says to know what he proposes is impossible no matter how he explains it.
>>
>>140330403
>You think they never have failures? Really?
no of course not. there's hype bubbles and there's always bad investors but those things average out over large enough scales and long enough time. plus market value is the only real indicator of demand.
>>
>>140308229
>electric cars are cool and should replace fuel based cars in a few decades.
are you queer boy?
>>
>>140306063
hasn't really done anything of note for the scientific community

the electric motor and by extension the electric car has existed for longer than combustion-engine vehicles have
he just made the electric car marketable with a "luxury" brand
the rest is gimmicky software garbage made by his fleet of pajeet programmers - i would trust that self-driving shit less than a week-old burrito at 7-eleven
space-x is the mindless, impractical pursuit of a re-usable rocket - out of all the many current-day limitations of space travel, i'm not sure why he picked this one.
paypal is just a third-party vendor to secure transactions

and his solar-city/solar-tile/powerwall shit is the memeist shit ive ever seen; the reality is he's trying to become a utility (a dying industry) with a grid of solar panels and batteries

he's a hack
>>
>>140330403
surely there's a way to balance the centrifugal force and gravity. i'd be more concerned about tidal forces.
>>
>>140330763
Then watch the entire thing, run his numbers, and when it comes up bullshit, it's bullshit and you have proof. You can't say he's wrong until you do that. Dismissing shit out of hand is the domain of christcucks.
>>
>>140330617
Aren't you being a little harsh? I mean, the man has made a fortune and celebrity status by farming gummint grants due to cronyism.
>>
>>140331093
Go watch the vidya I linked. Other than him sounding like Elmer Fudd and the length of time he takes to explain everything, he makes a solid case for something that a layperson would think impossible and can back it with Newtonian physics.
>>
>>140306063
>never even used for anything
>literally took over cargo transport to ISS
try again shill fag
SAGE THIS THREAD.
>>
>>140308229
Know how much oil is required to produce batteries and solar panels? I do.
>>
>>140310880

Let me tell you about my uncle. He owns a consulting company - don't ask what does that exactly mean, he himself has no idea. However, since his daughter works in local government procurement office he can get a contract even with bankruptcy looming over out town, and his M.D. wife makes sure hospital she works is also in constant need of consulting. On weekends the family gets together with the women's co-workers (who usually arrive in cars worth 30 years' of their official salaries) to laugh at poor people who pay taxes and bills.

My question is: do you respect my uncle? Same M.O. as Musk, he just doesn't care for publicity.

>>140316024
>>140316024
>ai
Taking jobs away from people while making mass surveillance even more efficient. But who needs a job, there's always food stamps, right?

>>140316024
>space exploration
AKA useless ego-boosting bullshit no one (save for rich people who want to waste some money but can't just lit their cigars with 100s like on all these stock photos) needs.

Yeah, talking about technologies everyone wants...

>>140330232
Fucking this. Still, it is disappointing that ever-suspicious /pol/lacks would fall for it too.
>>
File: pepe red pill loaded.jpg (61KB, 508x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepe red pill loaded.jpg
61KB, 508x720px
>>140306063
>Somebody redpill me on this retarded faggot

He allows rich people to have their 100k-on-average car subsidized by the rest of the folks who will have to pay extra money to buy a 3rd handed car.

CALL HIM STUPID YOU PEASANT!
>>
>>140331093
>surely there's a way to balance the centrifugal force and gravity. i'd be more concerned about tidal forces.

If it spun that fast it'd fly apart. There is no way to have a solid structure like that above the earth.

>>140331143
What would be the point of showing his numbers don't work when you were too uneducated to realize that from the beginning?
>>
>>140331894
except it wouldn't fly apart because gravity. you understand that if you balance the forces the object experiences no forces right?
>>
>>140332021
The earth's gravity well is not perfectly uniform though. Tell me how you plan to make parts of the ring spin more slowly than other parts?
>>
>>140332021
>if you balance the forces the object experiences no forces right
lmao
no, the forces are still present - it's just in equilibrium and likely static equilibrium

if you and i both pull on a rope on opposite ends, with the same force but in opposite directions, does the rope experience no force?
no, it'll be under tension and will deform as a result of these forces
>>
>>140318071
BTFO
>>
>>140332295
Yeah and it's also fluctuating, but not to any degree you'd care about in building a fuck-off orbiting space ring
>>
>>140332338
i would normally point out that what i said is the object "experiences" no forces, not that the forces disappear, but in this case they're both relativistic so no the forces literally don't exist in the frame of the ring
>>
>>140332552
It's sufficient to cause oscillations in the structure that cannot be compensated for, and it would eventually shake itself apart.
>>
File: KBFPC07-e1470146425160-1000x834.jpg (280KB, 1000x834px) Image search: [Google]
KBFPC07-e1470146425160-1000x834.jpg
280KB, 1000x834px
>>140327484

> built with someone else's technology and money

How do you think this system works?

Did you actually believe the capitalism meme without understanding the banking system?

If you weren't such a lazy socialist piece of shit, you would realize that successful people get big loans from banks because they see you as a wise investment.

Stay mad poor lazy faggot.
>>
>>140332689
They're not travelling near the speed of light, so they're not relativistic.
>>
>>140332747
im talking about general relativity you utter idiot
>>
>>140332806
I sincerely doubt you know anything more than buzzwords.
>>
>>140332700
i honestly doubt it. rocket scientists don't account for imperfections in the gravitational field of the earth so i really dont think it would have an effect here, where the structure has the additional advantage of being bound together. plus since it spins slightly faster than necessary to remain in orbit, it's at equilibrium when it's fully extended. you could also make sure the resonance of the structure is far from any environmental noise.
>>
>>140332890
you'd sincerely be wrong
>>
>>140333277
>i honestly doubt it. rocket scientists don't account for imperfections in the gravitational field of the earth
Because they're not building 40,000km long structures.

>being bound together
At that scale it would have about the same strength as a wet noodle.

>plus since it spins slightly faster than necessary to remain in orbit,
110% confirmed to not know anything. Good fucking bye.
>>
>>140333644
>Because they're not building 40,000km long structures.
and the imperfections are small, and thus meaningless on large scales

>At that scale it would have about the same strength as a wet noodle.
you wouldn't need much strength because the ring spins only slightly faster than necessary to remain in orbit.

>110% confirmed to not know anything. Good fucking bye.
if you made an actual argument i could point out how you're wrong
>>
File: PIA04652_lrg.jpg (537KB, 2037x1645px) Image search: [Google]
PIA04652_lrg.jpg
537KB, 2037x1645px
>>140333970
>and the imperfections are small, and thus meaningless on large scales
Nope.
>you wouldn't need much strength because the ring spins only slightly faster than necessary to remain in orbit.
So there's zero forces acting on the structure? You still don't get it, do you?

>if you made an actual argument i could point out how you're wrong
You pathetic piece of shit. Speed dictates the altitude of your orbit. the higher you are the slower your orbital speed gets, not faster. Dumb cunt.
>>
>>140334264
that map would show up as noise on a spinning object that big.

>So there's zero forces acting on the structure? You still don't get it, do you?
in theory there wouldn't have to be. if you made it spin slightly faster you would get added stability at the expense of small internal forces

>You pathetic piece of shit. Speed dictates the altitude of your orbit. the higher you are the slower your orbital speed gets
that's both true and completely irrelevant
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.