[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Republican contradictions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do American Republicans reconcile the contradiction between being pro-police and pro-military and anti-government? There are many people in the US who own guns with the nominal reason that they can be used against the government in the event of fascist or tyrannical exertion of power. In such a scenario, the police and military will unquestionably side with the government, as history demonstrates. Why is there not more resentment or antagonism toward increasing police and military power by people on the right-wing when these institutions are principally those which will directly subjugate them? Isn't this a paradox or contradiction in their ideology?
>>
>>140296622

hahahah to think like a conservative just think as if everything is from the point of view of the rich, just think as if you were a billionaire, government is only good when they are protecting your wealth not taxing it
>>
They aren't anti-government. They're anti heavy taxes and strict government regulations. I don't like republicans (registered Dem here) but pretending there is an inherent contradiction in their pro-military/police position is just plain retarded.
>>
>>140297724
I think you might have misread my post, but I was referring to the fact that most of them hold the belief that the government may infringe on their rights by force and thus guns are necessary to protect themselves. In such a scenario, the agents tasked with apprehending the guns from the people and otherwise subjugating them will always be police and military forces. So, on one hand, we should respect the cops and soldiers, but on the other hand, I need to buy a gun today to protect myself from them? It seems like an inherent contradiction to me.
>>
>>140297724
>They aren't anti-government.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you weren't active in American right wing politics pre 9/11.
>>
>>140298308
I think your average militia-type would tell you that they aren't terribly worried about the US military because the desertions would be crippling. They'd probably tell you that their local sheriff is doing a fine job, a true public servant getting a bad rap. Get them talking about the FBI or ATF, though...

I think you also have to keep in mind that the American Right understands the culture war. In the 90s police, especially federal agents or urban police, were tools of the Clinton administration. Today they keep the shines in line. Tomorrow they might well be the enemy again. The battle isn't for a coherent public narrative, its to maintain movement in furtherance of the kinds of goals you'll only ever dog whistle.
>>
>>140299115
>I think your average militia-type would tell you that they aren't terribly worried about the US military because the desertions would be crippling
They are wrong, of course. We've seen enough examples in history to be certain.
I suppose I just don't see the necessity of this narrative. It's philosophically and intellectually dishonest, that's what bothers me, but it's been proven to be effective so what more can you say about it? It's a good lie.
>>
>>140297550
and you know, general crimes too but I doubt you're fond of that
>>
File: vicki weaver.jpg (175KB, 1000x692px) Image search: [Google]
vicki weaver.jpg
175KB, 1000x692px
>>140299115
This right here. And you see it among WNs especially. They are actually retarded enough to believe that things like the Patriot Act, mass spying, mass incarceration and all the rest would only ever be used against folks they hate - particularly, folks of color, weather Muslim or not - and that when the time came the police and army would be on their side. They're wrong, of course, but well, dumbasses gonna dumbass.
>>
>>140296622
We separate the enforcers of law and national defense easily from detrimental rules, red tape, and restrictions. Nothing is unquestionable cuck
>>
>>140296622
Republicans aren't anti-government.

>in such a scenario, the police and military will unquestionably side with the government, as history demonstrates.

Absolutely false. We have a volunteer civilian military that will most likely refuse orders to kill Americans.

Military members are easily the most pro-second amendment group there is.

You cannot site history as an example.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.