[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having a hard time understanding marx

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I am having a hard time understanding marx. I read wage labor and capital and marx seems to be saying that the price of a commoditu is determined by its price of production. He says the price of production for labor is the commodities nessary to mantain the laborer and keep and give them enough food to procreate. But in capital volume 1 he is talking about value and the labor time that went into the commodities? If value doesn't determine price what does it determine? If it does then does wage labor an
>>
>>140286779
I thought value was determined by the amount of time spent on producing said object.
>>
>>140287091
well marx says it is in capital volume 1 and talks about price as if it was value but then in wage labor and capital says price is the cost of production.
>>
>>140286779
Marxist value is tricky and is part of a large box of words they'll redefine on the fly to shift the goalposts and will even proudly tell you they're doing this because they're post structuralists.

That, and property. Get a Marxist angry and then get it to define property, after that point you can pretty much rob them blind and tell anyone you want it was voluntary because they personally just told you none of what you took was rightful property.

Value is pure supply and demand elsewhere, supply is what's actually the umbrella of labor costs and production price.
>>
>>140287091
so ur saying i could spend months making saw dust and theres a value behind it?
>>
>>140288212
I want an answer from a marxist so I can properly undestand him.
>>140288348
Well not according to marx. He says in the first section of capital only useful things can have a labor value. If you spend 50 years making a mudpie its not worth anything. Also there is something called socially nessary labor time according to marx where he says that the value is determined by the average labor time so if you make a chair and it takes you 2 hours but the average is 1 hour its still only worth one hour. Its kinda complicated.
>>
>>140286779
Here's a protip. The point of Marx is to not be understood. The standard of ability is an objective measurement. The standard of need is subjective. Ancient people survived with no running water and no electricity. Is need food? Is it education? Is it health care? If people survive on their own without it being provided them is it truly a need? These questions have no answer and therein lies the power of the left. The moment you spend your good energy on it it gains and you lose. It is an evil monster corrupting the hearts and minds of everyone. The only rule for the left is to keep as far from it as you can.
>>
>>140288916
>Here's a protip. The point of Marx is to not be understood
shouldn't you undestand marxism before criticizing it?
>>
>>140288916
>Here's a protip. The point of Marx is to not be understood.
This is actually true, Marxism is almost a form of esoteric shamanism because it has so many buzzwords the practitioners actually believe they're untouchable. Marxism is Hegelian and almost all Hegelian philosophies are overly complicated.

>The standard of ability is an objective measurement. The standard of need is subjective.
I kind of like this because of how untrue it is, the current Marxist argues white men don't need jobs because society will give them free bread (they literally argue as if you can walk into a shop and immediately walk out without paying if you're a white man), but the standard of skill needs to be manipulated and lowered to allow someone who can't compete to get a job that white men don't "need."

>It is an evil monster corrupting the hearts and minds of everyone.
Only if it's by any means necessary, when you justify making things impossible for some groups then you've basically justified evil.
>>
>>140286779
Marx was literally an autistic retard.

Like no joke, missing chromosomes and everything.

You don't care what the kids on the short bus think so why give a shit about this imbecile?
>>
>>140291019
I think op is right here >>140289746
How can you argue against something if you don't understand it? Also, to just take someones word that this is not the answer to all societies problem and just accept whatever ideology was thrown in front of instead would be very not white male of me.
>>
Don't worry, his shit doesn't make cents
Nor dollars
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.