[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Future?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Elysium.jpg (222KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Elysium.jpg
222KB, 800x1200px
Did this movie accurately predict the future?

>wealthy class, mostly whites, live in a swanky off-earth colony
>earth is filled with non-white mongrels who are jealous of their success

I think it's the most accurate depiction of the future I've seen in a movie.
>>
It has always been about the wealthy and smart vs dumb poorfags, not about whites vs chinks vs niggers.
>>
It makes absolutely no sense from an economics point of view.

Like all such dogshite anti-white, anti-wealth propaganda films, the hamfisted approach for what could be an interesting economic idea ruins the whole film for me.
>>
>>140254296
The movie showed more whites among the wealthy, and the poor were mostly mixed-race.

This is accurate. Everything we know shows that whites tend to earn more money than most other races (apart from Asians).
>>
>>140255634
>It makes absolutely no sense from an economics point of view.
How so? Wealthy whites are already segregating themselves in every country on Earth - white flight. Look at South Africa where they live in gated communities.

And, of course, whites are currently working towards colonising Mars. They instinctively desire a land where they won't have to deal with crime, and the behaviour of minorities.

>Like all such dogshite anti-white, anti-wealth propaganda films, the hamfisted approach for what could be an interesting economic idea ruins the whole film for me.
Yes the movie is anti-wealth, but I think it's actually a realistic portrayal of the future.
>>
>>140256419

Of course it is.
Just take a look at the U.S racial crime statistics - niggers commit more crimes, it is perfectly natural that less black men represent the wealthy community.

Every race has its niggers, its just that some races have more or less of them.
>>
>>140256643
At their level of technological advancement it makes absolutely no sense to even conduct large scale trade with earth, let alone employ thousands of unskilled labourers in sweatshop conditions and then export the goods into orbit, when they could automate production on their stamford torus anyway.

They are also implied to have the ability to treat diseases and ailments at ease, and seemingly have a surplus of supply in this regard. However in the film they deliberately withhold this technology despite the fact that they could affordably treat millions on earth and still make a profit from doing so.

It's 100% a shitty propaganda film against national borders, based on totally spurious economics. If you actually thought it was about whites colonising space to get away from shitskins you need to go back to school.
>>
>>140256798
That's what I'm saying. The movie didn't show that EVERY wealthy person was white, but it was mostly whites. And those on Earth were mostly non-whites.

And I expect this to be the reality of the future. Yes you're right every race has its dregs. But I think whites will still dominate among the wealthy classes, and also whites have much more of an interest to separate themselves from other races (like we already see in white flight), to get away from the criminal activities of other races.
>>
File: spacex thing.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spacex thing.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>140257800
I haven't seen it in a while so I don't remember the finer details of their economic system.

Maybe you are right that they would sell their technology back to Earth to make a profit. But I just think the principle of whites being wealthier than other races, and separating themselves from the generally poorer, generally more violent non-whites, is accurate.

Look at SpaceX and all the whites who dream of setting up a colony on Mars. I think that's the same thing. Every people instinctively want a Lebensraum. The Lebensraum of whites on Earth is being eroded by the influx of minorities. So Mars offers a new promised land for a new Lebensraum.
>>
>>140253989
Im black and knew this movie was propaganda.

white people literally gave the ENTIRE FUCKING EARTH to poor people and built a space colony where they can live in a clean and ordered society.

yet the fucking state of the Earth was total shit tier savagery. but the message is its YOU ARE EVIL AND ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO GIVE US MEDICAL TECH AND WE WILL INVADE YOUR HIGHLY SENSITIVE ENVIRONMENT AND TAKE WHAT WE WANT.

they also literally raped a man for his blood and just because he didn't like the planet, he's the bad guy and deserved such a fate he could have avoided if he just dropped a few carpet bombs before he landed.

at no point in the film did any of those asshole building all that tech shit to hack into the space station decide to use their skills to clean their shit environment.

also matt damon was a retard enough to go into a radioactive chamber to fix a robot making machine, when a robot could have done that. "but i'll lose muh job"
>>
>>140255634

This. But it's funny because it's aesthetic ends up sending the backwards message. They have to make the rich people over the top assholes just to make even work.
>>
>>140253989
This movie was honestly sort of neat from a dystopian and aesthetic standpoint. It went full retard with the ending when Elysium apparently had thousands of ships fully loaded with magic medical healing robots and supplies, ready to deploy to earth upon the changing of a line of code.
>>
>>140253989
District 9 is actually happening in Europe, so who knows.
>>
>>140259635
It's realistic though. If wealthy (and disproportionately white) people did build a space colony and lived in relative peace and luxury then all the poor people would be kicking and screaming about it, instead of trying to improve themselves.

>>140260358
Yes the narrative is far too schmaltzy. But the world it's set in looks quite realistic to me.
>>
>>140260447
Not really. In District 9 they put the foreign invaders into camps. It might be better if we started doing that in Europe.
>>
File: 1497315344839.jpg (56KB, 435x465px) Image search: [Google]
1497315344839.jpg
56KB, 435x465px
>>140261607
I agree, I am part spic and I hate shitskins. Fucking retards they are, there are plenty of dumb whites but when I have a conversation with the average brown person it is like talking to a child.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.