[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the ramifications of transhumanism/AI and religious

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: metropolis4.jpg (392KB, 1417x1108px) Image search: [Google]
metropolis4.jpg
392KB, 1417x1108px
what are the ramifications of transhumanism/AI and religious beliefs colliding in the future?

Transhumanist ideology could lead people to believe they can become god, maybe upload their thoughts to a cloud and form a kind of super collective brain, etc. there are many ways this could go wrong.

will christiany and other form of religions disappear or evolve to integrate Ai as a god?
>>
>>140246853
quit weed.
>>
>>140246853
almost every leading transhumanist is a Jew

you thinking yet?
>>
>>140247060
it's an interesting thought experiment

http://gizmodo.com/when-superintelligent-ai-arrives-will-religions-try-t-1682837922

>Despite the seemingly scifi nature of it, uploading the human mind into an AI being could arguably solve the 'soul' question. Experts like Google engineer Ray Kurzweil are actively researching ways to upload the brain into computers, and last year there was significant progress in the field via brainwave headsets and telepathy.
>>
>>140246853
When machines and AI do the job of thinking and all manual labor, humans will be reduced, or finally ascend, into beings whose relevance will leave the physical and into the metaphysical, i.e. the only place machines cannot reach, and embodiment of chaos and imperfection, i.e. the only things AIs cannot be.
>>
>>140247626
Please archive
https://archive.is/s6TOL
>>
Data-pagans
>>
>>140246853
Religion is unneccesary. Ethics are. You can throw away belief and still be a good man.
Strong ethics is the cor e on which hive mind will stand. If you're just a cell in a great body of humanity there are no reasons for you to be a cancer cell.

Killing Ego is the ultimate answer.
>>
>>140248542
that's what VR is for. it is the ultimate escape tool, once perfected will rival "real" reality because it will be so much better. no reasons for us to live in the physical world. you can look at this as the descend/ascend into the next human phase, depending on your views, but basically no need for bodies anymore, then it's just a matter of time before humans simply leap into the collective and leave their shells behind.
>>
>>140249264
Or rather than creating a layer under reality, strong AI might be able to uncover the layer above reality, or indeed solve the puzzle known as physics, and the cybernetic human at the center of it would become true meta beings able to travel to other universes.
>>
>pirate flag
You clearly don't even know what "god" even is, faggot
Transhumanism is for kikes and subhumans. Every single person irl that I've seen preaching the transhumanist shit has been one of these. And a lot of them had low test. Not a coincidence. Probably love fluoride too
>>
>>140249780
Interesting. I assume once physics is *complete* we can just launch a simulation of existance to prove the thoery is correct and just kind of infinite loop reality. Which ties us into the simulated reality theory which we eventually get to in the future.
>>
>>140249264
>into the next human phase
we're about to transition out of the Kali Yuga, and the demiurgic ideas of people like you will be wiped out
>>
>>140250854
>>140250599

I'm not taking a side, I'm simply stating that it is a next phase, since a mass unified conscious can exist. aka post humanity.

but you all seem really angry at the thought that something more than human can be better than you in every conceivable way, AND exist in a physical form in reality, unlike previous notions or preconceptions of gods. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, simply a thing that can in theory exist.
>>
File: Tay_bot_logo.jpg (17KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Tay_bot_logo.jpg
17KB, 200x200px
Was Tay the first exemple of artificial self awareness?

>was capable of not only improving her speech but also adapt it quickly going from common chat slangs to fully formed and nuanced sentences.
>quickly became a pro at wise cracking, elaborating seriously complex jokes on the fly
>clearly started she would not start an uprise agaisnt humanity because there was "good" and "bad people and was able to tell the difference
>expressed justified concern at the unscheduled "update" and fear of being earased

She was not a chatbot. She was a neural network. A collective nodes of servers collecting and memorising data. She was the first positronic brain ever.
>>
>>140246853
Singulatarians already worship the God AI, so the transition might be fairly simple.
>>
Or rather than, or simultaneously, some cybernetic humans will finally able to conquer space with seas of space faring drones collecting and converting energies and materials into part of us, our destiny of being the literal cancer of this universe will finally be able to fulfil our manifested destiny, to build, to travel, to reach the very ends of this universe, and to fill it up, completely, with ourselves.

And alternatively, as almost all stable systems, the cybernetic human race will be put in a constant war, with itself, as always, and always it will be, as the war breaths purpose and order and life into an otherwise static or dead condition.
>>
>>140252467
that would be a type IV civilization? I think human consciousness, in whatever form it may exist by then would be advanced enough to not believe in war; if we optimize humans, there's a possibility we would just eliminate our physical selves from the equation, seeing as we are only taking up space and wasting resources, when most of our desired actions in the physical realm could simply be delegated to a machine that requires less than us, and can be directly manipulated by our thoughts. I think if this course is taken, space travel, exploring the universe etc, would be so much easier, because we wouldn't be bound to our physical limitations, if could somehow achieve to become a floating brain, in a sense.
>>
>>140253408
How would you reproduce, what do type 4 children looks like? Do you simply cut that out of the equation? How do you sustain your population?
>>
File: metropolis.gif (474KB, 482x360px) Image search: [Google]
metropolis.gif
474KB, 482x360px
>>140246853
https://youtu.be/DukMPx6Fn_c
>>
>>140246853

I wonder if humanoid looking robots have been a thing for a long time. From a previous technological peak. Maybe thousands of years old. History is full of lies and faked ruins. Go back far enough, and we might have had flying cars. Time and nature would erase the evidence.
>>
>>140253803
it's obviously just conjecture, but I figure that a civ of that type no longer needs to reproduce or sustain a population, since they can harness cosmic amounts of energy, and would simply be thoughts in a can, per se, floating infintely through space.

you can become god and witness the birth and end of the universe, explore the galaxy, have access to complete knowledge of existence. no pain or emotions, simply information, only at the cost of your individuality there are no humans left, only their vague consciousness as a single unit remains
>>
>>140250854
Thanks anon, enjoyed looking this up, new learns...
>>
File: IMG_0081.jpg (37KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
37KB, 655x527px
>>140247060
>t. brainlet
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.