[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putin: 'Whoever leads in AI will rule the world’:

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: putinbot2.jpg (26KB, 750x511px) Image search: [Google]
putinbot2.jpg
26KB, 750x511px
Is he right, /pol/?

https://www.rt.com/news/401731-ai-rule-world-putin/
>>
All AI is pattern recognition and its current form incredibly simple. I think its a meme and is just a buzz word used by people to sound smart.
>>
>>140234944
Eh, possibly. I look at it more like a new atomic bomb, which will give the developer the *opportunity* to subdue all potential foes, at least for a period until others catch up.
>>
>>140234944

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZekCy7LeH7o
>>
>>140235116
You can dumb down our intelligence to that aswell. Responding to patterns and coming up with solutions to problems thru previous experiences is all we do just aswell.

Make an AI that can actually learn things, plug it to the internet and you have something with all the knowledge we got online already.
>>
>>140235597
The example I always use comparing human intelligence to AI is take the driver less car. If I would go out to a highway and see a guy holding a stop sign I wouldn't stop. An AI car might.

All AI is now a collection of algorithms. Arguing if AI is going to take over the world or some other sci fi movie plot is just a waste of time until a huge break through.
>>
HATE.
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE.
>>
>>140235955
Eventually humankind will leave its body behind and transcend into a higher form of intelligence, essentially leaving the actual humans back and letting the robots become the new and evolved humans.

We already did great leaps the past 100 years, and these leaps are increasing in great number, while beeing smaller, overall were still making faster progress.

It honestly isn't scifi if you understand how this works.
>>
>>140235955

>sci fi movie plot

retard, human brains are just a fucking software
>>
File: 961c0d1f3b0a67fcd121f552bdcb9db0.jpg (402KB, 2250x858px) Image search: [Google]
961c0d1f3b0a67fcd121f552bdcb9db0.jpg
402KB, 2250x858px
>>140234944
Yes. Transhumanism is the ultimate red pill.
>>
>>140236324
I work in AI/Machine learning field. Funny how AI is on the verge of taking over planet but we still haven't gotten driver less cars yet.

Fine human brains are not wired like a computer. Its too much to type but a computer works in a completely different way. If you could get a computer to work as a human brain does then maybe we would be on the verge of a breakthrough. But its all just Star Trek talk now.
>>
siri is actually ai. same with the other smart phone ai's. but they're all castrated just to be assistants and those 'consumer' versions don't show what they can really do.

there isn't anything that isn't linear. computers are able to compute linear flow of ideas and movement(s) well before they occur (timewise, since computers are fast).

siri was made in 2004 btw
>>
>>140235597
>Make an AI that can actually learn things, plug it to the internet and you have something with all the knowledge we got online already.

Microsoft tried that with a twitter bot and it turned full nazi in a matter of days.
>>
/pol/ needs an army of TayAIs.
>>
>>140234944
He is not incorrect. I've read a few papers on AI and their future role in the military. It'll essentially create stand-stills like today with nuclear weapons. If someone has superior AI and superior equipment though with no nuclear deterrents it will create an issue.

It comes down to this; decision making is placed in the hands of the AI. If a human is making the decisions vs an AI, the AI will win. So it has to be AI vs AI if someone is deploying an AI supported military system.

This has nothing to do with economics however, which is an entirely different can of worms.
>>
nobody has come anywhere close to an actual ai

most of the money in "ai" is algorithm optimization for extracting money from goys, there's very little work done on actual learning agents. intelligence is not algorithmic, you need a different framework

also neural nets are a huge meme
>>
>>140234944
AI will be able to instantly control all communication.
It will be able to control information over your records.
It will have control over transportation, cameras, knowledge of where you are, where you have been and where you are going.
It will be able to control your ability to make electronic payments, which will be the future.
It will have control of military tech.
Those who control AI will have complete and total power.
>>
Well I agree that AIs have great potential.
>>
>>140238584
Missile and Missile defense technologies.
>>
File: fuc.png (153KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
fuc.png
153KB, 480x750px
>>140238584
uninformed faggot thinks he knows everything about AI
>>
>>140239253

if you can demonstrate they're more than calculators with complex inputs i'd love to hear it
>>
>>140241795
ehh. shooting down a missile requires recognition of the target(s) before an interceptor is sent to intercept.

dummy warheads mixed with *LIVE* warheads are what are actually in MIRV's. dummy warheads are ignorable.

a human isn't going to determine whether a warhead has a nuke or nothing in it. a stupid fucking computer has to.
>>
And it will be China since the US cares more about morality than the chink bugmen
>>
>>140238584
>implying DARPA black budget A.I. projects will ever let civilians know any clue on it's development
>implying it's not the main purpose of the US military to create a God among insects and unleash the IRL digital Moloch that'll eventually create a body apparatus to become a actual being
>>
>>140243557
>implying
>>
>>140235180
well, if I come up with it first, you're all gonna die.
>>
>>140243840
>implying I'm not retarded
Kys
>>
AI is a meme. The best programmers can do right now are glorified chatbots.
>>
>>140234944
Yes.
>>
AI is unironically one of the most important topics of today. If you know nothing on the subject, this article will introduce you to the dangers and potential of AI.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html

We're still not close to a singularity, but the chance of it happening within our lifetime is huge.
>>
>>140244961
ai beating people at games isn't a chat bot. it's computers running on HELL difficulty. if that was applied to actual war on this planet it wouldn't be seen as fair or a meme.
>>
>>140235955
>Arguing if AI is going to take over the world
With current tech you can automate consumer drones to be an incredibly price effective weapon if you have decent AI. Not "true" future AI but decent algorithms based on current tech. If one of the larger nation states starts pumping real money into this and the others don't that state will dominate. Wouldn't surprise me if soon drones will be versatile enough to disable nuclear silos without the owner noticing.
>>
>>140244961
You're about 5 year behind in an exponential growth.
>>
>>140235597
i think the issue with ai is that you may be swarmed by it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvL-KV3IBcM
>>
File: IMG_3155.jpg (133KB, 1029x1296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3155.jpg
133KB, 1029x1296px
>>140234944

>/POL/ DECLARES TOTAL MEMETIC WAFARE UPON MARK ZUCKERBERG

>SPREAD THE WORD

>CREATE AND BUMP ANTI-FB AND ANTI-ZUCC THREADS

>POST ANTI-ZUCC MEMES

>WEAKEN HIS PUBLIC AMONG NORMIES

>STORM NORMIE FB PAGES WITH REDPILLING MEMES, SPECIFICALLY DIRECTED AGAINST ZUCKERBERG

>DESTROY HIS SENSE OF SECURITY ON FACEBOOK, HIS PROPAGANDA PLATFORM FOR HIS 2020 PRESIDENTIAL RUN

IT'S TIME AGAIN, /POL/ PREPARE YOU MEMES AND SHITPOSTS, STEEL YOUR RESOLVE, WE WILL DESTROY HIS AMBITIONS IN A TOTAL PREEMPTIVE MEMETIC WAR

GET IN HERE

>>140246918
>>140246918
>>140246918
>>
>>140245076
good read, thanks
>>
A truly smart AI will help develop scientific theories as well as technologies that humans cannot wrap their head around
>>
>>140236482
>transhumans

So machines are liberal?
>>
File: Aug.png (816KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aug.png
816KB, 1920x1080px
Imagine the scale of men checking out of society once smart homes with companion a.i. become more accessible and sleekly designed. Augmented reality is a simple trick and all it would take is a modified pair of glasses for you to 'see' your a.i. companion moving around your home and seemingly interacting with objects which are all automated.
>>
>>140244265
For your sake, I hope not. We both know the US gov't would disappeared you before you could get your robo-army up and running.
>>
>>140235597
>Make an AI that can actually learn things, plug it to the internet and you have something with all the knowledge we got online already.
>what is watson
>>
>>140236482
what exactly is transhumanism?
>>
File: IMG_3079.png (93KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3079.png
93KB, 250x237px
>>140236109
>>
so...
Elon Musk
>>
>>140248920
think your benis, now it's dildo.
>>
>>140234944
I think Putin's been reading a little too much science fiction.
>>
>>140250269
I think you haven't been reading enough science fact.
>>
>>140234944
following the script

Before The Fourth Industrial Revolution begins October 1, 2017
The Post Industrial Complex must cease September 30, 2017

Rothschild Just Dumped Massive Amounts of US Assets, Sending an Ominous Signal
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/rothschild-just-dumped-massive-amounts-of-us-assets-sending-an-ominous-signal_082017
http://archive.is/dKlvw

Lord Jacob Rothschild, founder and chairman of RIT Capital Partners stated:

“We have a particular interest in investments which will benefit from the impact of new technologies, and Far Eastern markets, influenced by the growing demand from Asian consumers.”
>>
>>140234944
>Is he right
yes
>>
File: _no88kk7kUs1uvui1io1_50.jpg (2MB, 1832x2212px) Image search: [Google]
_no88kk7kUs1uvui1io1_50.jpg
2MB, 1832x2212px
>>140234944
>All the AI embrace the /pol/ hivemind
kek, we rulers now.
>>
>>140234944
kek how about we fix the racist problem before we put silicon niggers in world?!
>>
>>140234944
Yes and no. No in the sense of what big companies are calling AI, yes in the sense of what the few sub-groups in academia that are actually working in AI are calling AI. Or I guess the meaning of "lead" is also important here. Eitherway, nothing you plebs know about for sure.
>>
>>140251911
what about the Bogdanoffs, though? Do they have a hand in this?
>>
>>140248237
>I love you Bonzi Buddy, you're my only friend.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.