[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only Orthodox Christianity can save the west. Atheism is the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 28

File: 1504482311095.jpg (57KB, 501x542px) Image search: [Google]
1504482311095.jpg
57KB, 501x542px
Only Orthodox Christianity can save the west. Atheism is the root cause of social marxism, people without a defined moral code to live by are susceptible to liberal brainwashing.
>>
Jesus was a pretty cool guy, eh saved the sinners and didn't afraid of anything
>>
Nah. Orthodox churches are too insular and ethnic. They likely wouldn't take you.

Just be Catholic. Identical theology plus rich history.
>>
>>140211656
Catholic Church is compromised. The Pope is completely cucked and infesting it with social marxism. Orthodoxy is the only option.
>>
File: 1502735144082.jpg (204KB, 1600x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1502735144082.jpg
204KB, 1600x1114px
>pic related triggers the cathlicucks, anglican'ts and pooftastants

if your christian denomination wasn't around during the life of christ then it is LARP
>>
>>140211473
>Identical theology plus rich history.
not really
>>
>>140211844

Is that what Reuters told you?
Is that what all your /pol/ buddies told you?

How is the Orthodox Church any more or less cucked that the Catholic Church
>>
>>140211247
>implying your denomination is "orthodox" for more than slavs and greeks
>>
File: 46146125136.png (728KB, 1750x2475px) Image search: [Google]
46146125136.png
728KB, 1750x2475px
>>140211901

>Orthodox Church is the only denomination that claims it is the original Church of Christ
>implying an implication
>>
Have a bump
>>
>>140212361
Holy shit Protestantism is even more retarded than usual if you map that out
>>
File: smug.png (49KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
49KB, 250x213px
>>140212063
We don't have Francis
Also we don't consider that faggots and atheists go to heaven
Also, Orthodoxy doesn't recognize scholasticism meme
Besides that we don't recognize that human can be an infallible.
Also, we dont dogmatize everything, but have theologoumenons and instead of """developing""" truth, we preserve it
>>
>>140212063
Patriarch of Constantinople doesn't wash nigger feet for one.
>>
>>140211247
>only Orthodox Christianity can save the West
The is not a single good Orthodox country lmao.
>>
>>140211247

How dare you!
Jews are Gods chosen people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoMwDR3aSqw
>>
File: st. jimmy.png (426KB, 340x580px) Image search: [Google]
st. jimmy.png
426KB, 340x580px
>>140212361
>Protestant verson
wew, Angel-pastor Jim is real deal
>>
>>140211247
>Australian

Orthodox Wog Nationalism will save the Suicidal Anglo from his own misadventure
>>
>>140212578
Pretty much this.
>>
>>140212361
despite all disagreements between catholics and orthodox, at least we can both agree how fucking stupid prodestantism is.
>>
>>140212626

>wash nigger feet

Oh what, you mean Maundy?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maundy_Thursday

The foot washing ritual is something that goes back to the beginning of the Church. It commemorates an event at the last supper where Jesus washed the feet of his disciples.
Traditional Maundy is performed on members from the community. And frequently, it is performed on convicts, homeless and other "low" people, as the ritual is about showing humility. That picture of the Pope doing the ritual wasn't a one tiem event or something like that. it is a very ancient ritual.

Non-Christians who are against the Church like to use that picture as a point against the Church because they don't understand what it means.

However, the most bizarre thing is, Maundy isn't just practiced by Catholics, it is also enthusiastically practiced by Orthodox leaders as well. So it seems kind of strange that you, someone who is ostensibly passionate enough about his faith to evangelize on /pol/, could not recognize the ritual, and is ignorant enough about it to use it as a point against the Catholic Church. Any true blooded Orthodox would have experienced the ritual every year before Easter for most of their lives, so I am absolutely baffled as to why you would be so ignorant about it.
You already implied that you were an Orthodox Christian, and since nobody lies on /pol/, it must be true. Very strange.
>>
>>140213787
Anon, please. I'm well aware of the washing of feet ceremony. You should be aware it is not normal for the Pope to go out and wash nigger feet.
>>
File: 1474237959950.png (5KB, 203x230px) Image search: [Google]
1474237959950.png
5KB, 203x230px
>don't become an atheist by rational decision, you'll get brainwashed
>instead, let ME brainwash you to join a literal cult!
>>
>>140214376
>fagtheist
>rational
>>
>>140214020

But it is normal.
The whole point of it is to show humility and servitude to the lowest of society. It is extremely common in both the Catholic and Orthodox Church for Bishops to go to detention centers and homeless shelters to carry it out.

Maybe you aren't a LARPer, but an extremely recent convert who isn't familiar with a lot of the rites. In that case, you need to do some research.
>>
>>140211901
This diagram is wrong, the pope didn't change the creed in some short time before 1054. It was formalized in 381, including the Filioque. Priests being celibate was a discipline imposed on priests by the pope to deal with abuses at the time. Theoretically the pope can change it tomorrow, it's not a matter of doctrine.

1054 happened as a result of political issues, the bullshit about doctrine and flilioque or whatever was dredged up later to justify it ex post facto.

the controversies by that point were already centuries long, but no one thought the whole fucking Christian church needed to be split in half over it until the papal legate and patriarch cerularius chimped out.
>>
>>140214533
Yes, white peoples feet. Not niggers. You seem to be thinking I'm surprised the Pope is washing feet at all, that's your error, not mine.
>>
>>140211247

And Catholicism makes people overly submissive to authority. Instead of challenging the Vatican and throwing the faggot perverts running the show out, they just pray their rosary and hope that enough FSSP and SSPX parishes will get started to begin out numbering the Liberals. There is not going to be a Pope Pius XIII. Pope Francis has kicked all the conservative bishops out of positions of authority. He has secured his legacy.

Orthodoxy is clearly better to Catholicism. It is correct in doctrine and decentralised enough so that the true traditions of the Church can be passed on and secured.
>>
>>140211247
Orthodox Christianity can't even save slavs from abortions and camwhores
>>
File: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg (19KB, 694x406px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.jpg
19KB, 694x406px
>>140211247
>people without a defined moral code to live by are susceptible to liberal brainwashing.
Haha, Christians having a "moral code". The same folks you see begging for forgiveness at the Church are often the ones you see a few days before wooing on women that aren't their wives.

Religion isn't bad. Using it as your scapegoat is.
>>
File: 66918133.jpg (46KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
66918133.jpg
46KB, 400x600px
>>140211247
Great post I'll bump it for truth
>>
File: Atheism was a Mistake.jpg (68KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
Atheism was a Mistake.jpg
68KB, 850x400px
>>140214376
>Rational
That's why the SJW movement that is trying to normalize trannies is overwhelmingly atheist, right? Must be all that rationality making them want to cut their dicks off
>>
File: 1474241885622.png (4KB, 203x230px) Image search: [Google]
1474241885622.png
4KB, 203x230px
>>140214513
>>140214794

Yes goy, stop being such a silly atheist, only God's chosen are allowed to use logic to determine how to live their lives. Now quickly, give me 10% of your income while I scream about how you're going to burn in Hell for not worshipping zombie Jesus hard enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 700x525px
>>140211247
Looks like Tim Horton's is promoting Muslim babies been born in the West. Don't forget to thumb this fucking thing down and leave a comment about how much Muslims, Jews, and Niggers suck.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qUuFEsfSE
>>
I think going back to the bible and what it says would be the biggest blessing to the west. Video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh0lojdYXw8
>>
File: Voters by Religion.png (78KB, 698x828px) Image search: [Google]
Voters by Religion.png
78KB, 698x828px
>>140214909
Still upset that it was her turn? Funny how you seem to set yourself up as a bastion of rationality and logic and yet when the evidence that atheism is a cancer on the west that is allowing liberalism to flourish is put right in front of your face you deny it. Maybe atheists don't have as good a grasp on logic as you think? Maybe they're just dumb people who get led astray and cling onto ideologies like progressive liberalism to justify their place in the world?

Bitter pill to swallow I know, but it's true.
>>
File: 1503384034419.png (240KB, 1280x520px) Image search: [Google]
1503384034419.png
240KB, 1280x520px
>>140214593

>filoque was formalized in 381

Huh???

Pope Leo III inscribed what he believed to be the correct form of the Nicene Creed on silver tablets inside St Peter's Basilica in the 9th century AD, just to avoid any future confusion. *And it did not contain the filioque*:

"In the ninth century, Pope Leo III of Rome agreed with the filioque phrase theologically but was opposed to adopting it in Rome, in part because of his loyalty to the received tradition. (He also knew that the Greeks resented the new Roman Empire in the West and Charlemagne in particular; the Pope wanted to preserve Church unity.) In fact, Leo had the traditional text of the Creed, without the filioque, displayed publicly, having the original text engraved on two silver tablets, at the tomb of St. Peter. In any case, during the time of Pope Leo's leadership, 795-816, there was no Creed at all in the Roman Mass."

https://orthodoxwiki.org/Filioque
>>
>>140211247
Daily reminder that religion and every other social institution/movement/philosophy has played practiacally no role in the development of the west. Behavior is largely a result of intelligence in peoples attempt at furthering their own interest. No scripture will ever play a major factor in the nature of any society.
>>
File: annoyed.gif (57KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed.gif
57KB, 480x270px
>>140214909
>being this ignorant
>>
File: 1464960357665.png (13KB, 428x401px) Image search: [Google]
1464960357665.png
13KB, 428x401px
>>140215240

I voted for Trump dingus. Keep shilling your child-raping cult though, since it's the only thing you've got going for you in life.
>>
>>140214657

You still don't understand the point of it.

Also, it should be noted that Patriarch Bartholomew has spoken out in support of refugees and other matters like Pope Francis. So it isn't like Orthodoxy is less "cucked" in the area of race relations.

Unfortunately, you will find that most religions will challenge you and demand servitude and acceptance of things you don't understand. Religion isn't like political affiliations, where you just find the one that suits your beliefs and feelings best.
>>
1 For the ungodly said, reasoning with themselves, but not aright, Our life is short and tedious, and in the death of a man there is no remedy: neither was there any man known to have returned from the grave.
2 For we are born at all adventure: and we shall be hereafter as though we had never been: for the breath in our nostrils is as smoke, and a little spark in the moving of our heart:
3 Which being extinguished, our body shall be turned into ashes, and our spirit shall vanish as the soft air,
4 And our name shall be forgotten in time, and no man shall have our works in remembrance, and our life shall pass away as the trace of a cloud, and shall be dispersed as a mist, that is driven away with the beams of the sun, and overcome with the heat thereof.
5 For our time is a very shadow that passeth away; and after our end there is no returning: for it is fast sealed, so that no man cometh again.
6 Come on therefore, let us enjoy the good things that are present: and let us speedily use the creatures like as in youth.
7 Let us fill ourselves with costly wine and ointments: and let no flower of the spring pass by us:
8 Let us crown ourselves with rosebuds, before they be withered:
9 Let none of us go without his part of our voluptuousness: let us leave tokens of our joyfulness in every place: for this is our portion, and our lot is this.
10 Let us oppress the poor righteous man, let us not spare the widow, nor reverence the ancient gray hairs of the aged.
11 Let our strength be the law of justice: for that which is feeble is found to be nothing worth.
>>
>>140215492
12 Therefore let us lie in wait for the righteous; because he is not for our turn, and he is clean contrary to our doings: he upbraideth us with our offending the law, and objecteth to our infamy the transgressings of our education.
13 He professeth to have the knowledge of God: and he calleth himself the child of the Lord.
14 He was made to reprove our thoughts.
15 He is grievous unto us even to behold: for his life is not like other men's, his ways are of another fashion.
16 We are esteemed of him as counterfeits: he abstaineth from our ways as from filthiness: he pronounceth the end of the just to be blessed, and maketh his boast that God is his father.
17 Let us see if his words be true: and let us prove what shall happen in the end of him.
18 For if the just man be the son of God, he will help him, and deliver him from the hand of his enemies.
19 Let us examine him with despitefulness and torture, that we may know his meekness, and prove his patience.
20 Let us condemn him with a shameful death: for by his own saying he shall be respected.
21 Such things they did imagine, and were deceived: for their own wickedness hath blinded them.
22 As for the mysteries of God, they knew them not: neither hoped they for the wages of righteousness, nor discerned a reward for blameless souls.
23 For God created man to be immortal, and made him to be an image of his own eternity.
24 Nevertheless through envy of the devil came death into the world: and they that do hold of his side do find it.
>>
File: Atheist Democrats.png (29KB, 657x427px) Image search: [Google]
Atheist Democrats.png
29KB, 657x427px
>>140215431
>I voted R so that means there isn't a strong correlation between being atheist and being liberal!
Really showing me those strong logic skills you're so proud of. I know it's confronting to be faced with evidence that atheism is a mind virus that makes people start thinking "Hey, who cares if a dude wants to mutilate his genitals and become a woman?", but you need to accept it. It's fact.
>>
>>140215431
>I am a clear minority in my group, being outnumbered 4 to 1, b-but it's ok you guyz, we definitely aren't overwhelmingly leftist!
Defend this.
>>
>>140215300
Nigger, what did I say? it wasn't something that suddenly appeared shortly before 1054 as the image claims, but a teaching that had dated all the way back to patristic times, at times being included in the creed (381) at times not (451)

It was one controversy among many between east/west, but again no one thought the church needed to be split until 600 years later over some political faggotry. It was only afterwards that people said, 'muh filioque'
>>
>>140211247
No, only calm, rational, logical thought can save the West, not magical thinking.
>>
>>140215431
So you voted against your own interest, well done. Not only are you a degenerate but you're also an idiot.
>>
File: 2-carbon-fiber-fedora-hat.jpg (60KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
2-carbon-fiber-fedora-hat.jpg
60KB, 980x735px
>>140216149
>>
>>140214593

It's true. There has always been a divide between East and West. The divided Church was a concept that was acknowledged well before 1054. The "Great Schism" was not even the events that happened during that year. In reality, it was a divide that became mpre and more apparent over the centuries. Relations between East and West were up and down throughout the whole history of the Church. Even the events of 1054 weren't the absolute nadir that irreconcilably divided the Church (if anything, it was probably the fourth crusade)

The reason why the "Great Schism" is a thing is partly because people are always looking for the one, singular cause that leads to an event, rather than accepting that history is more complex than that.

Also partly because the idea that the Church split because a disgruntled Catholic cardinal ruined afternoon mass at the Hagia Sophia by excommunicating the Patriarch before the liturgy makes for a good story.
>>
File: euphoria.jpg (43KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.jpg
43KB, 500x638px
>>140216149
m'lady
>>
There is a real chance that Christianity may come back. Think of how decadent and fucked up Rome was and then it went Christian.
I would rather live with Christianity as the guiding social principle rather than cultural Marxism/Secular Humanism that presently dominates.
>>
File: 1484171212876.jpg (52KB, 495x575px) Image search: [Google]
1484171212876.jpg
52KB, 495x575px
>>140211247
What if I don't want to join a cult?
>>
>>140212803
You laugh, but KJV onlyists are a real and serious group whose influence persists like fucking herpes.
>>
>>140216692
assuming you mean the one true religion, then you can burn like the rest
>>
File: 1504332278634.jpg (337KB, 1025x725px) Image search: [Google]
1504332278634.jpg
337KB, 1025x725px
>>140215958

He inscribed the Nicene Creed without the filioque on Silber tablets and hung them inside St Peter's Basilica.

>Oh, but that's not real Papal Infallibility you see <begins Talmudic lawyering>...
>>
>>140216796
cant blame them
KJV is by far the only worthy English translation. rest are mostly garbage. Well Douay-Rheims is ok too I guess.
>>
>>140211247
i don't think you know what social marxism means
>>
>>140211844
>atheism is social marxism
>everyone who doesn't think like me is cucked

topkek
>>
>>140216872
>anyone who doesn't believe the (((one true religion))) can burn

who're the real marxists eh?
>>
>>140217209
fuck of back to /reddit/ libcuck
>>
>>140217331
sorry to disturb your safe space
>>
>>140217460
The real world's my "safe space" mate, the countries ours. Roadkill like you might want to consider emigrating before there's any more "accidents"
>>
File: Sweden Yes.png (436KB, 682x704px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden Yes.png
436KB, 682x704px
>>140217209
Why are there no blue haired genderqueer pansexual Christians? Why are they exclusively atheist? It's almost as if when people are given free reign to make up their own set of morals they fall into pure hedonism. Gays getting married? Sure why not. Children being pumped with hormones because they're "transgender"? Sounds good!

Gee it's almost like when there is a void and atheists don't have a defined set of values it boils down to "Hey whatever man, doesn't affect me go for it" type attitudes that lead to the degeneracy we're seeing now. I mean if you want to argue that atheism isn't closely tied to the kinds of ideologies we're seeing rot the west give it your best shot, but a lot of the data is pointing to people embracing this vacuous attitude towards society because they're atheist.
>>
>>140211247
Dumb fucking Christians. They think that we forgot how loud and moralizing they were for all the decades they were, way way way before the left. Now you're just the yester-year's SJWs and you think that makes you "cool" because lefties are such retarded trash. Get fucked and burn in your sky daddy's magic gulag.
>>
>>140217331
>libcuck
Coming from the retard that believes in the collectivist egalitarian doctrine where everybody is equally worthless in the eyes of daddy supreme authority. The philosphy that states that this life is merely a substitue for the next, implying that heritage is un-important.
What's better? A non-christian white man or a religious nigger?
>>
File: reaction.jpg (16KB, 183x274px) Image search: [Google]
reaction.jpg
16KB, 183x274px
>Only Orthodox Christianity can save the west
>>
Atheists and Anti-Christian degenerates will be the ones responsible for the death of the west.

They think they're so smart and so morally superiour, but what they don't realise is that they're making their own bed.

Noticed how atheist Brits didn't even realise or have a problem with Mosque after Mosque after Mosque being built in their cities?

They would rather feel high and mighty in a dying country than accept that we need Christianity and live in a stable, safe, prospering country.
>>
>>140217820
>kill anyone who doesn't subscribe to my beliefs

lol, you're worse than commies
>>
>>140218015
>no blue haired genderqueer pansexual Christians?
is anyone forcing you to be?

>"Hey whatever man, doesn't affect me go for it"
right to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. especially liberty
>>
>>140218291
see >>140218694

burning books and destroying cultural artifacts when?
>>
>>140211247
Ave Maria, defy the old guard and preach the truth of the world.
The West is Christendom, long live the West.
>>
I don't like having to kiss the priest in orthodoxy or standing during mass
>>
Pro Tip: Ted Haggard is a christian. inb4 "he's not a reaaaal christian"

Also, the KKK declares itself to be a christian organization. again in b4 scotsman fallacy
>>
>>140218170
I'll see both burn with equal joy

>>140218694
Liberal thinks that conservative values are bad, quelle shock!
>>
>>140219308
>Also, the KKK declares itself to be a christian organization
Good. Am I supposed to be offended?
>>
>>140219308
>Father Ted
Not all Christians are good Christians all of the time

>KKK
and?
>>
>>140219422
Supposed to be offended?

No shit for brains, you're supposed to not be a christian.
>>
>>140219892
Why? If anything the KKK being Christian only proves my point it's an effective bulwark against degeneracy.
>>
>>140211247
>defined moral code
cult
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.