[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faggots' Thoughts on Climate Change Alarmism & Reality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: weatherchanges.jpg (42KB, 484x252px) Image search: [Google]
weatherchanges.jpg
42KB, 484x252px
any fags got thoughts on global warming, climate change or whatever the fuck you wanna call it? I am an environmentalist in the fact that yeah, we should respect nature, not over fish/farm, and curb pollution. but i have many shitlib friends who are major alarmists about this subject to the point where its a religion. are we truly to blame for everything? how do we explain certain variable temperature anomolies in the historical record? sure something should be done, but nobody really knows. just a chance to reduce global temps by .000001 or whatever. the whole paris accord. climate alarmism just seems like a vehicle for further control. tax the carbon. tax cow farts. control humanity.
>>
The solution the left wants is nuclear energy.
But nuclear weapons are too scary for them.
There is no pleasing climate change alarmists
>>
File: grace.png (29KB, 689x263px) Image search: [Google]
grace.png
29KB, 689x263px
first of all, I really hate how any view that is held with a certain degree of conviction and seriousness is now called "a religion".

The truth is that the severity and seriousness of climate change is almost impossible to overstate.
And the situation is in many ways much more dire than it used to be 10 or 20 years ago.

Take the ice sheets for example:
20 years ago, the common view among climatologists and glaciologists was that the ice sheets are extremely stable and it would take an implausibly large magnitude of warming to melt them in any significant way.

That view has since collapsed. After the inclusion of the crucial calving mechanisms into the coupled ice sheet-ocean-atmosphere models, and a more finely resolved paleoclimate record and the included sea level high stands of the last interglacial, the Mid-Pliocene warm period, the Miocene climate optimum, it was recognized that even modest increases in temperature and pCO2 can cause ice sheets to undergo threshold behavior and enter into an irreversible decline.

In fact, it's uncontroversial among glaciologists that an irreversible runaway melting process has already been set of in West Antarctica, which commits us to a sea level rise of ~3.3m, not matter what.
And that's just the beginning: Ice sheets will continue to respond to the perturbation for millennia.
>>
File: More like REtardigrade.png (375KB, 1575x757px) Image search: [Google]
More like REtardigrade.png
375KB, 1575x757px
>>140190791
>just a chance to reduce global temps by .000001

Look at this motherfucker. This is a Tardigrade. It can survive most tortures that our frail human bodies can't even begin to fathom experiencing. Come an extinction level event, Tardigrades are really the only creature on this planet that will never need to be concerned about the state of the ecosystem -- assuming said events are not permanent changes to the environment.

Meanwhile, a human being with an internal temperature of 107.6 °F, (9°F above resting) begins taking immediate, and potentially lethal brain damage.

The fact that a bunch of four eyed nerds can't land a marketing campaign should not detract from the fact that it's getting hotter -- and unless the change is so gradual that we evolve in to some sort of heat-resistant volcano people or some shit, there is eventually one point in the future where the species is totally fucked.

Which by the way, most people whom fall outside the category of 'edgelord' agree is a bad thing.
>>
>>140190791
In my opinion, it's not to be fucked with.
>inb4 pay the carbon tax, goyim
I'm not saying that (((anyone))) should be making money off it. But we should seriously start valuing the environment more. Can't love our lands if there is nothing to love. We should try opting for nuclear reactors, and wind and solar farms. Also it'd be a hell of a lot better if more people who can do so started using LPG instead of gasoline as fuel for their cars. The only problem is that diesel engines can't use LPG for fuel, but even then, an improvement would be made.
>>
>>140192342
>the truth is

Stopped reading there
You test it yourself or did you just parrot what you heard on National Geographic?
Why should I give a FUCK about what you have to say?
>>
>by 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish
>China is running out of clean ground water
>Bees are going extinct

Seems the earth is fucked and the only way to fix it is to kill most humans.
>>
>>140193751
I'm actually parroting what I read in scientific journals
>>
>>140192342
>20 years ago, the common view among climatologists and glaciologists was
>That view has since collapsed
>In fact, it's uncontroversial among glaciologists that
how much ya wanna bet that in another 20 years the "view among climatologists and glaciologists" will have changed yet again?
>>
>>140190791

We need to kill all non-whites on Earth and then the planet can be saved.

This is legitimately the only realistic answer. Otherwise, Earth will kill us, for us.
>>
>>140194984
not much, since now both the paleoclimate record, modeling efforts and modern observations (which are essentially the three main lines of evidence in climatology) agree with the conclusion that I stated above
>>
>>140194818
>scientific journals

So yeah what you heard on tv
>>
>>140195202
I can give you some references if you doubt me
>>
>>140190791
Take chemistry or gtfo
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.