[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utah nurse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 17

Did she deserve it?

Was it police brutality /pol/???
>>
Does Utah have implied consent laws? If no, then she's right. Did officer lose his cool and not handle the situation properly (i.e. verbal judo)? If yes, then she's in the right. In the end it doesn't even matter if it meets a legal test, you are trained how to manipulate people into compliance and not hit a breaking point as this officer did.
>>
>>140171172
>follows the law
>gets arrested
>gets released because cop was an idiot and doesn't know the law
>she sues the department
>never has to work again

I hope a cop arrests me for following the law at my work
>>
I'm an RN; there's inherent violence associated with the job, especially in the ICU and ER, but I've never heard of a cop siding against a nurse, ever
hope that guy gets reprimanded
>>
>>140172130
>never has to work again
pain and suffering is like 250k max
all she can argue on top of that is lost wages, it's not like the state got after her for patient abandonment
>>
beware of fake news

cop had every right to draw that blood.. it's actually a requirement for truckers, and Obama signed some shit that made it legal.. The hospital's policy just wasnt caught up. I forget all the details.
>>
>>140172068
if there are implied consent laws the officer still needs a warrant for the draw. implied consent laws only make you lose your license if you refuse the breath test at the station.
>>
>>140172303
>I forget all the details.
the absolute state of this fucking board
>>
cop causes a car crash and wants an illegal blood sample taken in a last ditch attempt to find a reason why he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions. there really isn't much to discuss here. hope she wins the case.
>>
>>140172068
>>140172130
>>140172132
>>140172266
>>140172380
>>140172471
>>140172531

I get where you guys are coming from, but she did impede on an investigation, and disrupt his job as a police officer

Plus she obviously resisted arrest, and she deserves at least 6 months for just that

I hope they review the case and arrest her for being a bitch
>>
>>140172760
there was no justification to arrest her, there were witnesses and cameras everywhere, being a bitch isn't illegal, "impeding an investigation" is subject to interpretation because that cop could have gathered that blood illegally and it wouldn't have been admissible evidence in court so he was impeding the investigation if anything
>>
>>140172380
Several states allow (unfortunately in light of 4th amendment rulings at the SCOTUS level) warrantless blood draws under implied consent using the exigency loophole of evidence decay (body's clearance of ethanol). If this was to be used as evidence in a fatality, the court would likely allow the evidence.
>>
The cop got mad when he was told he was making a mistake by (her supervisor?) on the phone.

The Nurse was impeding the data of the bloodwork of a car thief (possibly under the influence of drugs?) to the police.

Think for yourself. It's up in the air. The 2nd cop, the one who wasn't roid raging, did explain that anything (opiods?) which had been administered while in the hospital would be redacted from the blood work.
>>
She didn't comply. Of course she deserved it.
Comply with the authorities.
>>
>>140173254
it's different when you're in a field where your primary job is to protect your patient, not the cops badgering them
>>
File: 1503560363972.gif (205KB, 150x134px) Image search: [Google]
1503560363972.gif
205KB, 150x134px
>smacks lips
i hurd it de "viktum" was a cop. nah mean?
>flares nostrils
she din du nuffin.
>turkeyneck.gif
>>
>>140173316
>it's different when you're in a field where your primary job is to protect your patient, not the cops badgering them
Tell that to the school advisors who are illegally protecting DACA recipients.

Bottom line is never participate in any "civil service" tier bullshit, because your "regulations" are under scrutiny based on every superior you have to look up to.

If the bitch would have been an electrician she just wouldn't have had to ground a live wire with her finger tips.

Then again - she was born with the almighty pussy and now we can all pay an extra few cents in taxes for her extremely early retirement.
>>
>>140172919
>there was no justification to arrest her
Impeding an investigation while doing your state licensed job? When a police officer deputizes you for service for an investigation, you certainly are required to help. However, he did lose his cool, and should have casually arrested her. I have been arrested casually and dramatically, and have also been uncuffed after a dramatic drunk/car trunk slam.

Life is funny some times. As many times as I have been in cuffs, I was only ever charged once and it never stuck. I am talking about being caught operating a vehicle with open containers and ADMITTING to being a bit tipsy.....I do what the officer asks, and am honest.
>>
>>140173592
>If the bitch would have been an electrician she just wouldn't have had to ground a live wire with her finger tips.
No, but if they said to fix the short, you obviously would know how to do the job the best and safest way possible. Electricians are lazy, but not going to tell a cop NO, string up your own investigation.
>>
>>140173592
jesus man take it down a notch
if she had allowed it to happen and the patient caught wind of it, they could've sued the hospital and she would've been the guilty party. the hospital, in turn, would've reported her actions to the state, they would've launched an investigation, and on top of the shitstorm the hospital would've laid down she would've had to fight for her license. a buddy of mine had to fight for his license over a fucking clerical error that he made 17 hours into his shift, these rules get taken seriously
>>
>>140173748
Fuck HIPPA and the directive his own department signed right? Give me a fucking break copfag
>>
>>140173948
Nice try faggot. HIPPA trumps all. Not to mention the own directive this guys office signed. Don't talk about things you haven't a clue on.
>>
>>140171172
what happened to her was extremely unconstitutional, however you have to understand that the patient was drunk driving and they needed EVIDENCE to have PROOF in a court of law. every minute wasted meant that the proof was slipping away, and justice was effectively being obstructed.
>>
>>140173948
>they could've sued the hospital and she would've been the guilty party.
The authority demanding her to commit actions would be the guilty party, still.
>>140173875
If I was told by an officer to do it live without any protections and no hot stick, I'd do it.
That's Darwinism. The fact that this ladies brain wasn't splattered across pavement is a blessing to her, because for most of us that would be the outcome of defying an officer. Comply and sue later.
>>
>>140174191
it's HIPAA, dipshit
you could call up any hospital in the country and ask for basic information about people who are there (and unless it were a minor or a "medical records" patient then the information is available); it's not hard for a cop to call the operator and find out where a person is located
going into his room and illegally drawing his blood is a different thing
she did the right thing by saying no
>>
>>140174461
Drawing blood isn't a minor record you fucking incompetent retard.
>>
>>140172303
Then you bring in your supervisor, and you take it up with a doctor or a hospital administrator, you don't man handle a nurse of all people. The fact that any medical professionals or first responders can be arrested because the cop is not getting their way is frankly unacceptable
>>
>>140174402
that's not true
ultimately a nurse is technically following directives from their hospital policy and from doctors' instructions
if she broke rank and allowed a "HIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPA" violation then that's her burden to deal with
>>
>>140173875
I work in the medical field and assuming the fact pattern of her patient was unconscious, the patient was not under arrest, the police had no warrant, and he had not given consent and was incapable of giving consent due to being unconscious then she was entirely in the right here and should never allow those police near her patient. it is her professional responsibility to protect her patients from neglect and abuse and to not provide services which they have not consented to. As other people have mentioned if she did that blood draw for the cops without her patients consent then her license is in jeopardy, her livelihood is in jeopardy, she could be criminally liable as well. sticking a needle into a non consenting patient is abuse and the state medical board would've had her on a pike.
>>
>>140174461
This is true, even say that someone is a patient at the hospital is a huge liability.
>>
>>140174354
allegedly drunk driving. Something they could have easily tested for by using their fancy radio to message dispatch for an e warrant to detain and release.
>>
>>140171172
Some post election cucks will probably support the officer but old /pol/ would support the nurse

This place was literally "AM I BEING DETAINED" lolbertarian delusions 5 years ago
>>
She was right to refuse to give the blood over, she was wrong to be a uppity bitch who resisted arrest. She should have just complied and peacefully gone with the police and everything would have been alright.
>>
>>140174573
Well let's you and I pretend that things went opposing. She drew the blood, while still on video saying she opposed the directive but was being forced to do so....
So then...do you see the law having her arrested and her licenses suspended? I honestly believe that MAY have been the better course for the outcome. Instead "nothing happened - cop was dumb so he's on paid administrative leave for 23 minutes" was our outcome.
>>
The hospital also has lawyers and other people on call who are up to date with the laws and policies, the police should of dealt with them rather than grab the nurse .
>>
>>140174739
>This place was literally "AM I BEING DETAINED" lolbertarian delusions 5 years ago

Actually 5 years ago we were debating wether to become Muslims...now that feminists are sporting Hijab on their own and we got our Trump we've changed our course. Welcome to /pol/ btw, I hope you enjoy your stay.
>>
>>140174622
it's technically battery

>>140174646
I called up a hospital where my mom was staying and asked the operator to transfer me to her room, she didn't ask for DOB or my relationship to her or anything. but it was 3am so calls were automatically transferred to the nurse's station. the fucking jamaican / indian nurses all gave me a hard time about talking to my mom, who I knew was fucking awake, and said they couldn't even verify she was in the floor. i pointed out to them that the operator transferred me to the floor, it wasn't some random fucking call, and that I knew the privacy laws. giving out a room number for a person is not illegal, HIPAA actually explicitly states those kinds of subtleties
>>
File: 2330_480.jpg (15KB, 480x212px) Image search: [Google]
2330_480.jpg
15KB, 480x212px
The cop was wrong. But the fallout is WAY out of proportion with what actually happened.

1. The blood was NOT drawn. Nurse Wubbels purpose was accomplished.

2. Nurse Wubbels was not booked or charged with anything.

3. Nurse Wubbels was not injured.

4. Nurse Wubbels was not publicly humiliated. If anything she is now America's Hero Nurse - a superstar and a media darling.

Bottom line, the detective did the wrong thing, based on a wrong order from his superior. But the actual harm done here is minimal.

In fact, only positives will come from this. The lieutenant who gave the order to arrest her will be fired or demoted. The SLPD will be forced to update their procedures and training. And Nurse Wubbels can write her own ticket now. Hell, I'd hire her.

tl;dr - This is getting blown WAY out of proportion.
>>
>>140174015
He probably doesn't know what HIPPA is.
>>
>>140172760
Bullshit, the hospital and police station had a written contract on what was acceptable and what wasnt, she informed the officer that what he wanted was in breach of the contract given to the hospital BY the police station.

So according to you, it doesn't matter what police say or put in writing, they can just change their mind on a whim and arrest you...makes sense.
>>
File: IMG_20160220_115926.jpg (189KB, 736x906px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_115926.jpg
189KB, 736x906px
>>140171172
This was an example of the police state.
>>
>>140173748
I doubt the existence of your assumed deputization.
>>
>>140173748
You are so full of shut and obviously never been arrested.
>>
She absolutely did the right thing. We have laws for a reason innit
>>
'MURICA! FUCK YEAH!
>>
>>140175166
Fuck now I love police states
>>
>>140174836
well that's battery. people don't really get arrested for something like that, but if the patient's family were to sue, the nurse would have ended up in a deposition and a really ugly situation with the state. coworker of mine at my last job was called to stand trial for giving insulin to a patient who refused it but had a blood sugar of 800, she had to fight for her license for preventing the person from going into a coma

>>140174927
wtf I've been a nurse for 7 years, there's a risk management nurse who will answer phone calls two hours after being paged, no team of on-call lawyers. that burn nurse was the authority in this case, maybe her house supervisor could've helped if the officer wasn't so quick to escalate things
>>
>>140172760
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>140171172
the stupid bitch threw a tantrum and made a scene
>>
>>140174709
true, they should have gotten a warrant, but like kaczynski stated in his manifesto;

131. Technicians (we use this term in its broad sense to describe all those who perform a specialized task that requires training) tend to be so involved in their work (their surrogate activity) that when a conflict arises between their technical work and freedom, they almost always decide in favor of their technical work. This is obvious in the case of scientists, but it also appears elsewhere: Educators, humanitarian groups, conservation organizations do not hesitate to use propaganda or other psychological techniques to help them achieve their laudable ends. Corporations and government agencies, when they find it useful, do not hesitate to collect information about individuals without regard to their privacy. Law enforcement agencies are frequently inconvenienced by the constitutional rights of suspects and often of completely innocent persons, and they do whatever they can do legally (or sometimes illegally) to restrict or circumvent those rights. Most of these educators, government officials and law officers believe in freedom, privacy and constitutional rights, but when these conflict with their work, they usually feel that their work is more important.
>>
>>140172130
doubt the case will grant her more than 20K
the officer is out of work for a long time fortunately
>>
>>140174354
who gives a shit
>>
>>140175327
*i know nothing about this case. Warrants are necessary tho. I'm all for police doing their job correctly but not abusing their power. I lived in a police state for most of my life and it's awful.
>>
>>140172068
Implied consent laws have no legal weight now that the Supreme Court has ruled you have to have a warrant or consent to draw blood.
>>
>>140175467
Turns out people don't like being arrested for obeying the law.

Has yourself.
>>
>>140171172
if this had happened in Egypt, the US president would have condemned it and called for the end of dictatorship in Egypt
>>
File: 1495174794325.gif (3MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1495174794325.gif
3MB, 480x358px
This fucking thread again

>Implied Consent is a real law in Utah
>It is used to draw blood from a SUSPECT when he was driving under the influence
>The officers flat out said he was not a suspect, he was a reserve officer and they were doing this to show he was not under the influence for any insurance issues
>Since he was not under or arrest and they didn't have reasonable suspicion he was under the influence, Implied Consent does not apply
>It was not a 'contract' with the local law enforcement. It was a hospital policy that followed the letter of the law.
>Everyone involved was trying to do the right thing. The police officer that arrested her was a fucking idiot for taking it that far.

So she was right but not for the reasons she thought.
>>
>>140175467
>Threw a tantrum
>After the cop literally threw a tantrum for being wrong
>Who wrongly arrested her
>After she followed laws and regulations
>>
Implied consent applies in a situation when you are unresponsive and in need of medical care.
It is understood that a reasonable person would consent to medical care if they are unconscious.
It does not mean that you waive your constitutional rights because you can not respond.
>>
>>140175486
Feel like ted is the spiritual father of pol. Shame he had to explode ppl. He was wayyyy to prescient without the means of changing the system. If only he'd have waited for the internet.
>>
>>140175522
if that fucker ran over your mother or your wife, maybe you'd care that he received justice.
>>
>>140175414
Well, Unless I'm reading wrong...Your friend did an order (based on CORRECT knowledge - against INCORRECT/unconsenting knowledge of a patient) but did it of their own accord?

I'd believe, what would you believe?... Of an individual doing something AGAINST their own desires, ACKNOWLEDGING law, but obiding due to the fact that an AUTHORITY with FATAL WEAPONS demanded such?

Everyone is saying the lady will make off like a one armed bandit...I'd say she's getting $80,000...If an armed officer forced her to go against her will and the law and draw the blood, she'd be a multi-millionaire.
>>
>>140172760
They didn't arrest her, they apologized and the cops are on leave. Everyone involved doesn't seem to have trouble sorting out who messed up, just some keyboard warriors that can't.
>>
>>140175630
When the Mudslime faggothood started offing people in Egypt Obama called them allies and moderate.
>>
>>140171172
Yes, you can tell by how quickly the police chief apologized and the asshole cop was suspended.
>>
>>140173592

>electrician anecdote

Dude, what?
>>
>>140172760
>but she did impede on an investigation

You mean the law impeded an investigation, except the person in the hospital was not under investigation.
>>
>>140171172
No she did not deserve it. That should be too obvious to need saying. It's quite fucking ridiculous.
The police forces of the West are staffed by men and women of the Kali Yuga, in the service of the political and, ultimately, plutocratic globalist oligarchs, who write the laws.
Anyone who hasn't seen this most definitely should:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE
Counter-Currents.com had it posted a couple of years ago.
>>
>>140175816
>>140175933
the cop was suspended from 'blood drawing duties'. not suspended from the line of duty.
>>
>>140175467
Have you ever been arrested for nothing while at work by belligerent officers? Try it being a woman.
>>
>>140175809
My coworker was totally in the wrong; that's textbook battery, regardless of the "she needed the insulin" slant
That taught me a shitty but important rule of nursing: if someone says to stop doing something, you better stop doing it or you're liable for whatever happens next, even if you end up contributing to the person's death or injury
>>
>>140173592
Actually doctors and nurses can bypass a lot of laws and regulations, as their duty to their patients supercedes many requests. Simply put, a cop often cant order a medical caretaker to do something just because, and hospitals have top tier law firms on call that will fight to the death over it
>>
>>140176051
he's on administrative leave
>>
>>140175576
yes. I was pulled over without probable cause--simply for leaving a bar, and arrested for DUI. In the police report they said my license plate light was was burned out but they were lying, it worked fine. I did not throw a tantrum like a stupid bitch.

Even if the arrest is unjust causing a scene is just stupid.
>>
>>140173748
Except she didn't even impede his investigation, she was literally just the person passing the message along. He even asked her if she was telling him "no" and she didn't say yes or no, just said "hey, this is the policy."
>>
She did the right thing, standing up for rights
>>
>>140176184
>>140176051
I think it's one on leave and one reassigned.
>>
>>140171172
I'll say it like I said before: cop was an idiot for arresting her and not exploring further options, but the woman was just as stupid for flailing around maniacally during the arrest. This is why niggers get brutalized and beaten during arrests, because of their "Hol' on yew jus gimme a minute" shit that turns into active resistance. Yes, the arrest was unjustified, but do you think flailing around is going to save you? No, it won't. If she had just taken the arrest with grace, she would have been released in less than an hour, the cop would have been reprimanded, and she would have received a commendation from both her job and probably some PR rat from the state for acting gracefully while stuck between two very daunting choices.

Moral of the story: if you have the camera recording on your side, don't act like a nigger. You can win big bucks in court by acting like the more mature party. Juries eat that shit up.
>>
>>140171172
>Did she deserve it?
yes
>Was it police brutality /pol/???
yes
>>
>>140176367
white girls don't get arrested
they don't know how to react to that shit
>>
>>140176166
>Actually doctors and nurses can bypass a lot of laws and regulations,
Well so can a lot of people who know the law, when dealing with officers. But...Well...What's the typical outcome when being a "knowledgeable citizen" compared to that of someone who complies than then sues?

It's less a debate of law and more of a debate on corrupted authority...but...Who wants to be on the split wig side of history compared to the Ophrah Winfrey Show interview while Winning A A Million Dollar Settlement side?

>>140176152
How long ago was that? We're in the era of manditory boot licking...It's hard to imagine your friend couldn't have sued for early retirement.
>>
>>140175753
he definitely was a smart guy. almost everything he predicted has come to fruition or is easily verifiable to be true.

>>140176195
it sucks that you had that happen to you -- but you're just a random isolated case with no media attention. when the media is involved ie balloon boy or oj simpson, it gets even worse and cops go to insane lengths to make sure somebody is getting put in jail -- if that's what the media wants, or vice versa.
>>
>>140171172
Of course she didn't. The hospital is responsible for failing to defend her, and the officer should be fired. I really wish someone had contacted his supervisor while this was happening. Drawing blood from an unconscious patient who is not under arrest is illegal.
>>
>>140176367
She is going to be rich if she sues, no jury is going to view this in the cops favor.
>>
>>140171172

Turns out the patient she was legally protecting was also a cop.

The PD is even thanking the nurse for doing her job.

Top LELS!
>>
>>140175765
Illegally obtained evidence is inadmissible in court, so the tantrum the stupid cop through was fucking retarded to begin with.
>>
>>140172760
fuck cops
>>
>>140172303
i read the victim was a COP. where are you getting he's a "trucker"?
>>
>>140171172

(CNN)Salt Lake City police apologized Friday for arresting a nurse who, citing hospital policy, refused to let officers draw blood from an unconscious crash victim. The arrest of Alex Wubbels, who was later released without charge, was captured on body camera video that the police chief said was alarming.
>>
>>140171172
It was police doing lazy police work. He wanted to cut corners so he can look good but that blew up in his face. GET THE WARRANT!!! DO YOUR JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.
>>
>>140172760
This. Uppity bitches will literally ruin this country if left unchecked.
>>
>>140176543
early 2013
Poor people sometimes see a hospitalization as an opportunity to sue their way out of poverty, so the family was hoping for some huge settlement
fortunately, most juries side with hospitals
>>
>>140171172
They could have just shot her in the leg from that range.
>>
File: 110112.jpg (55KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
110112.jpg
55KB, 480x451px
>>140174541
The definition in laws in US legal code are so broad that the average american commits 3 felonies per day. Any cop can nab any civvy they want. Are ya living in a police state, son? :^)
>>
>>140176811
It has nothing to do with her being a female you hopeless retard. I was a medic for 10 years and if that officer had done that to me I would've given him the fucking finger
>>
She was white so she deserved it
>>
>>140176900
>hurrr cops are pigs man
Are you wearing your Che Guevara shirt now or is it dirty?
>>
>>140172760
>Plus she obviously resisted arrest, and she deserves at least 6 months for just that

fuck off

I agree that resisting arrest should add to jail time, but resisting arrest as a crime that deserves 6 months? I never say this, but go fuck yourself, bootlicker.
>>
>>140176982
I've worked with the police most of my life, so your comment is not worth an intelligent reply.
>>
>>140176883
>USA
>40% non-white
>30% criminal
Hmmmm.......
>>
File: IMG_1932.png (140KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1932.png
140KB, 750x1334px
>>140171172
People in America have a right to not be subject to unwarranted search and seizures
>but it was only twenty minutes in his cop car
Anyone apologizing for this shit head of a cop is a boot licking scum bag worse than the fucking cop. You aren't gonna use your fuckingn doublespeak and change definitions here you faggots.
>>
>>140176477
Yes I've noticed this all too often. White males most privileged my ass, whenever a white woman gets on the wrong side of the law, they express so much confusion / despair because they have never experienced any adversity in their lives, so they have no clue what to do.
>>
>>140172760
>pig demands submission
>nurse contacts supervisors to see if its legal
>its not
>she legally denies the sample
>pig illegal kidnaps her
>some 48% MGTOW faggot is a boot liker
>>
>>140176883
>The definition in laws in US legal code are so broad that the average american commits 3 felonies per day.
This is untrue, or more so unenforceable.
For instance, spitting on a side walk CAN be a felony - If you have tuberculosis.
Really the main problem in the USA is that laws are hardly updated or redacted. (But as well are seldom enforced).

I myself am a pursuer of, and super happy that Trump has enacted a Removed 3 To Add 1, policy, taking laws off the books which are obscure, vague, and outdated.
>>
>>140172760
You fucking idiot, you're not allowed to steal peoples blood, and it's a crime to assist in stealing peoples blood.

She did what the LAW REQUIRED HER TO DO.
>>
>>140177166
I'm not saying her behavior is justified; I think watching cop shows on National Geographic has taught me that interactions with cops go a lot smoother if you're respectful and an ass-kisser instead of confrontational lol
I have a super duper expired registration and have had it pointed out to be by many cops, none of them have towed me though.
>>
>>140176367
She panicked and freak out some, but I wouldn't call it resisting, like some anons in this thread are. I've seen plenty of COPS episodes where they fight much harder and don't get charged. The niggers flail around because they know they are busted. Getting arrested when you know you haven't done anything wrong must be scary and confusing. She acted the way I would expect an older lady to act in a confusing and scary situation. It's the flight of fight response, some people are better at keeping to together than others.
>>
I hate middle aged entitled roasties and I hate police. I hope they both get fired
>>
>>140172760
2/10 low bait. The man he was trying to illegally obtain a sample from was the victim. Not the perp. They purely wanted his blood so in the magical event he turned out to be high or whatever they could shift blame from themselves to the victim when the dumb perps family tries suing the police department. Funny thing they are getting sued for trying to avoid getting sued. Hopefully the trucker sues them too
>>
File: HIPAA-Violations11[1].jpg (78KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
HIPAA-Violations11[1].jpg
78KB, 640x477px
>>140174015
>Fuck HIPPA
>>140174191
>HIPPA trumps all.

1. It's HIPAA
2. Law enforcement agencies are largely exempt from privacy complaints regarding HIPAA
3. HIPAA specifically involves the maintenance and transmission of medical records and has no bearing on a LEO doing a blood draw.

You can argue about the specifics of a Hospital derived policy to not allow police to preform procedures on Hospital property, but this situation doesn't involve HIPAA beyond most medical professionals being irrationally scared of it.
>>
>>140174402
>The fact that this ladies brain wasn't splattered across pavement is a blessing to her, because for most of us that would be the outcome of defying an officer. Comply and sue later.

Beta mongering shill faggots, everyone, with a dose of "scary-words-for-you."
>>
She overreacted a bit. You shouldn't resist arrest even if you're being wrongly arrested. I say that in all these other cases where a black guy gets killed so I have to be consistent.
>>
>>140175056
You scumbag bootlicker, how would you like to be overpowered, handcuffed, taken away from your place of work in a cop car, embarressed in front of coworkers... all for doing your job and following the law.

Cunt cop should be in jail.
>>
>>140177291
>when you're a felon in the eyes of the law, but it's okay because they can't prove it
(ຈل͜ຈ)b
>>
>>140171172
Are you /all/ faggots like OP? No link anywhere?
>>
>>140177416
There was nothing entitled or wrong about her, you shill bitch. The only wrongly entitled faggot here was clearly the cop.
>>
>>140173316
When you patient is literally scum of the earth menace to society maybe you should let the cops do their job.
>>
>>140175467
she had every right to
will probably win her some money if she sues for emotional duress to
>>
>>140177517
>>140177472
>>140177471
>>140177468
>>140177416
>>140177390
>>140177358
>>140177355
>>140177270
>>140177166
>>140177162
>>140177058
>>140176990
>>140176982
>>140176900
>>140176859
Did anyone even watch the video? Holy fucking christ I keep seeing you leftypol cucks spamming this thread and not one of you retards even watched the fucking video. There's a reason why the women isn't suing anyone and the cop got a few days off. The case is closed, get over it leftycucks
>>
>>140177629
wtf isn't huffpo your homepage too?
>>
File: 1322.gif (61KB, 410x296px) Image search: [Google]
1322.gif
61KB, 410x296px
>>140177162

Eh, you're kinda stupid. People in America do not have a right not to be subject to unwarranted search and seizures. They have that right in a court of law.

Outside a court of law, people are directed to OBEY POLICE OFFICERS. Period. If the officer is wrong and his order causes you some kind of problem, the courthouse is where you will make your case.

Otherwise, people need to just STFU and do what the police tell you to do. Standing up for your rights in the streets is what gets people shot. Police work is serious business.
>>
>>140177629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yia7qs01z1M
>>
>>140176547
Either she should have complied and drawn the blood or stood for her principals and refused, getting arrested for her CIVIL disobedience. But refusing then throwing a tantrum like a child is retarded, it's certainly not civil, and I wish the cop would've took her down, treating her just like any other perp, pepper spray and all. STOP RESISTING.

I'm all for civil liberties and the protection of our rights, but once the decision to arrest someone has been made, no matter what you do, you are going to be arrested. Argue your case before the judge, don't plead with the cop after the decision has already been made. For the record, she was probably right all along. But the moment she acts like an entitled bitch is when I loose all my sympathy for her.

I'm so sick of cops not having any martial arts skills, handcuffing a woman should be easy.
>>
>>140175056
The assumption is that this type of thing goes on all the time but usually isn't caught on video. That's why it blew up; it verifies what much of the public already believes.
>>
>>140172068
did you have to use a linkin park line in that otherwise serious text.
>>
>>140172760
kys
>>
>>140177517
>You should allow government entities to enforce their will, just because they have implied power.

The man's CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS were being violated. The literal document that is meant to protect us from government over reach. She absolutely should have fought that, and you're a traitor for thinking otherwise. If you don't believe in the constitution then you are not American, nor do you understand what it is to be American or why the constitution is important.
>>
>>140177472
>Beta mongering shill faggots, everyone, with a dose of "scary-words-for-you."
You can do as you please. Go ahead. I'll tell you I've had many run ins with the police, when I was a younger, piece of shit drain on society...I never had problems.
I said my yes sir, yes man. I never spit, I never threw punches. I never measured dicks. I took my lumps and then I utilized the system to fight my cases. I've literally never lost a penny although I was arrested twice - even though a lot of scrubs will tell you it costs $500 to merely appear in front of a judge.
Bro if you want to pull your big old dick out and stare cops down and be ANTIFA about it all....Bless you...Bless you for the World Star Hip Hop beat down compilation you end up in, all to my utter enjoyment.
Best of luck, hope to see you on the other side - when you're not a dumb petty nigger faggot.
>>
>>140177693
>Replying to more than 10 posts
>Implying you're not a newfag
>>
>>140174354
lol what?
the patient was the victim of a car crash brought on by a high speed police chase
>>
>>140175056
maybe it's sponsored content from National Nurses United
MNA (the nurse's union at my hospital, I'm not a member) gives out vulgar picket signs for employees to put on their lawns about giving nurses safe assignments
wubbels isn't the hero we deserve, she's the hero we need
>>
>>140177693
She wanted to work things out with the department before jumping to suing. The video came out because her lawyer released it after they felt they weren't making progress on that.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13834570/
>>
>>140172068
>Plus she obviously resisted arrest, and she deserves at least 6 months for just that

Tools like you are what's wrong with my country.

If an officer makes an unlawful request then he has no right to enforce an unlawful request. Fuck you, toadie!
>>
>>140177703
Not when it's against the law you fucking faggot
>>
The whole problem here is that for some reason in the USA you have people role playing their way through life, whether they're pretending to be a cop or a soldier or a security guard. They have to act like a stereotype that has been planted in their mind by society and the media, this cop is a classic example of an idiot that was playing out his role like he was in an episode of Hill street Blues. They're dangerous fuckheads.
>>
>>140177864
I don't know where faggots get the idea that they have the right to resist cops in the streets and not get killed.
You can try it. You can be 100% right and you still end up dead. And most likely he'll end up with 30 days paid administrative leave.
>>
I love watching shrieking bitches get arrested and BTFO.
Doesn't matter the context.
Can't fucking stand that shit.
Act like a civilized human being.
>>
>>140178587
maybe instead of DARE, police officers should go around and explain the process for getting arrested
I was taught by my driving instructor what to do when pulled over, shit's not rocket science
>>
>>140177693
Kill yourself you fucking moron
>>
>>140178505
That's actually pretty insightful. I didn't realize so many people recognized this.
>>
>>140177723
Thanks man.
>>
>>140178530
Right. Now, fuck you plenty, but Cops aren't the ultimate authority.
But what happened to good old "Do what the police require - argue it later".

I spend like 2 hours of each work week watching idiots get pavement-splatted faces when they try to fuck with cops...and I don't work in law...it just mkaes my dick a little too hard.

How hard is it to just provide a fucking ID and insurance lol
>>
>>140175679
Scotus ruled that implied consent laws violate the 4th amendment and are unconstitutional in regards to blood tests.
>>
>>140177756
See, I think if you know you're in the right, you should be able to use anything, up to and including lethal force, to defend your freedom even from a cop. If you are in the right and you kill the cop, you're in the clear. Otherwise of course you get all the shit you're due.
>>
>>140172266
Just use that 250k to start a small business.
>>
>>140172760
>>140174835
>>140177517
>b-but muh resisting arrest!! So she's a filthy criminal!!

The last refuge of these shill faggots.

She never even resisted arrest. The prick suddenly went to grab her in a hostile manner, and she did what any sentient person who's do. She moved away. The useless cop never said "Ma'am, I'm going to place you under arrest, " or anything of that sort. He just grabbed for her like a dirty fucking nigger.

She never resisted the arrest.
>>
>>140178988
checked
>>
>>140178418

No, you don't understand. Yes, even when it's against the law, you are directed, BY LAW, to obey police officers.

There's a reason for this. The reason is that police officers have guns, tasers, pepper spray, and advanced combat training. They are in a high-stress job and they might harm you or kill you if you refuse to cooperate with them.

So you DO cooperate. And if it's a problem, it will be resolved later.

Or you don't cooperate. And you end up on World Star Nigger Hop making a spectacle of yourself. Or the hospital. Or the cemetery.

One thing is certain - resisting police officers is the absolute stupidest thing a person can do. No matter what level of resistance you present, it's a 100% guarantee they have enough officers and equipment to overcome it. They will literally break down the walls of your house to get to you if that's what the situation presents.
>>
>>140178988
nurses don't need to walk around with fucking guns to protect themselves against cops
cops should just own up to their bad behavior - which is the point of this entire media circus, evidenced by the fact that the nurse hasn't sued anybody yet - and then we can all move forward. they still have to work together
>>
>>140178988
>If you are in the right and you kill the cop, you're in the clear. Otherwise of course you get all the shit you're due.
Just....imagine it though. A cop says "I'm searching your property" and you're like "Wheres your warrant, cunt?" and he kicks your door in...and you kill him...then...what...You call the police saying you killed an officer because...some...legal shit? Nigger let him fuck up your house and be illegal and unconstitutional as fuck, and Me and a million other cunts will donate a dollar and you NEVER WORK AGAIN. like how hard is it to swallow your pride for a single interaction? lol
>>
>>140178418
you sound like the kind of guy that would sell weed to a cop and say "if you're a cop you have to tell me, otherwise it's entrapment." and then run away when he pulls out his badge
>>
>>140172760

>6 months in jail

top laff m8
>>
>>140174354
>however you have to understand that the patient was drunk driving
patient was 'T-boned' by a car that the cops were in high speed pursuit of. Driver of that car died. Patient was innocent victim. Cops trying to avoid high speed chase BS.
She done good
>>
>>140179194
>No, you don't understand.
the ramifications for roughing up a nurse in front of a bunch of hospital workers are serious; it makes cops look like the gestapo, and they already have a bad enough public image
> Yes, even when it's against the law, you are directed, BY LAW, to obey police officers.
stopped reading after that
>>
>>140179194
>Yes, even when it's against the law, you are directed, BY LAW, to obey police officers.

No. You are not allowed by law to comply with manifestly unlawful orders.
>>
>>140179635
>leaf
>Where cops x12 run away from unarmed black man x1
Ok.
Well anyway, in America, you merely comply with officers then you duke it out in court and no one dies.
>>
>>140178587
>Act like a civilized human being.
A lesson the jackass cop needs to learn, because she was completely civilized until the prick turned full nigger. Then she rightfully acted like a woman being kidnapped, which was basically what happened. Nothing about it was proper police work.
>>
>>140179194
Nigger learn what entrapment is.
>>
>>140176195
If I was on the jury trying her I'd find her innocent of resisting arrest. I'd only vote 'for' if she was correctly arrested.
>>
>>140179742
>no one dies
wtf the whole point of the black lives matter movement is to point out that cops are mowing down black people, planting evidence, and trying to cover up their own dirtiness. People are still dying
>>
>>140179363
Projecting much? How is resisting the command to commit a crime from someone and being detained illegally for it even remotely similar? Only degenerates sell weed.
>>
>>140179194
>even when it's against the law, you are directed, BY LAW, to obey
Nuremburg
>>
>>140172303
>>140172760
>>140173254
>>140173748
>>140173875
>>140174354
Fake news
>>
>>140179742
>in America we give our shekels to lawyers to clarify our innocence like a good little goy
Fuck off you kike, in America, or at least the free parts, we kill people for less.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170903-233127.png (273KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170903-233127.png
273KB, 1080x1920px
>>140179877
She was never charged with anything lol
And it's a misdemeanor so there's no jury
>>
>>140179809
Like I said, I don't care about the context buddy.
Hope that makes you angry!
>>
>>140179969
>I don't know where faggots get the idea that they have the right to resist cops in the streets and not get killed.
Hmm. So I assume You're (You's)ing?
Cops may be shit..People who prescribe to disobey commands from Cops die...Those who follow commands and then sue become millionairies...I mean..It's like moralities version of economic darwinism.
>>
The cop did nothing wrong. I expect my fellow white men to follow his lawful order when asked. The Nurse should lose her job for obstruction and be sent to jail for questioning the orders of a man.
>>
File: IMG_1931.jpg (40KB, 680x365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1931.jpg
40KB, 680x365px
>>140181894
Nice try foreskin merchant
>>
>>140182044
your day will come you, filthy communist. We created laws for a reason, and they must be upheld at all cost.
>>
>TFW Utah and Liberal Mormon will vote democratic party in 2020 election
>>
>>140181894
>I expect my fellow white men
Watcha doin', Rabbi?
>>
>>140171172
little bitch was asking for it
>>
>>140182164
And this cop was breaking them you nigger. Just cause I'm a constitutionalist doesn't mean I'm a commie. Fuck you larping boot licker
>>
>>140172130
this. I have no idea why people are so mad. The cop is already in trouble, the system is working as intended.
>>
>>140181894
thsi 100%

lil bitch should be locked for life
>>
>>140172266
Pain and suffering is 250k max on a normal case. When you have become famous, and your unlawful arrest is viral the ceiling is much higher. She'll likely settle in the 2-5 million range.
>>
Every state has different laws. In some states, if you refuse a breathalyzer test for a DUI, the officer can take you to the hospital to have blood drawn, no warrant needed.
Really depends on the state.
STOP FORGETTING THAT OUR Statutory CRIME LAWS are made by each state and pertain only to within that state. There is not a one size fits all set of criminal laws in the US.
>>
>>140184953
honestly dude I don't think she's gonna settle
I think she wants the cops to apologize - not their fucking bosses or the mayor, but the cops who did it - and it'll all be over
she would've sued already, it's been two months
>>
>>140185769
Lol. This just became viral in the last week. I agree she is a good person but I'm sure some Jew lawyer has already called and convicted her she could be a millionaire at this point and she'd be stupid to not take free money.
>>
>>140171172
no she obviously didn't

stupid cunts
>>
stupid lazy cops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY
>>
>>140179341
>Just....imagine it though. A cop says "I'm searching your property" and you're like "Wheres your warrant, cunt?" and he kicks your door in...and you kill him...then...what...You call the police saying you killed an officer because...some...legal shit?

Yup. That's how it works in Indiana, faggot.
>>
>>140172130
Yep, this chick is going to make serious $$$ because of that dumb fucking pig!!!FACT!!!
>>
>bootlickers are unironically siding with the abusive police officer over the nurse who did absolutely nothing wrong
>>
>>140175765
Bro, the cops hit his car. They caused the accident. They were hoping he had drugs in his system so they could pin the blame on him.
>>
>>140172760
kys redditor
>>
utah reporting in

the people here FUCKING SUCK

people move here for the nature, not the locals
>>
>>140176367
Fun fact. The supreme Court has ruled that it is lawful to resist a false arrest with up to and including lethal force. You literally do not have to take this shit.
>>
>>140171172
She was in the Olympics in the 90's
>>
>>140171172

Police and ER medics have millions of interactions. Everyone knows the rules very well. This was just some attempted cover up for the police screw up and a demented old cop.
>>
>>140177355

You don't even have to take it even if they had a warrant. It's a job, not slavery. You might get in trouble and get fired, but you don't have to comply with a police request to draw blood. Police are niggers and need to be brought under US laws, not paid leave for beating women.
>>
>>140175056

Okay, let the police come and arrest you at your job. It's not a problem right? There are absolutely no consequences and anyone saying it is a problem is just blowing things out of proportion. If you get fired, so be it. It's not like you were injured. Your purpose is accomplished.
>>
>>140172760
Spit shine that shoe, boy.
>>
>>140172760
he wanted to draw blood from the victim though, not the perpetrator.
Are you a fan of having blood drawn, cavity searched, etc etc each time you get pulled over for a ticket?
>>
File: bait.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>140172760
>this bait
the thing people will do for (you)'s these days is truly pathetic
>>
>>140172760
weeabootlicker
>>
>>140171172
>refuse to obey a literal illegal order from a police officer
>arrested and treated like shit because you refused to break the law
yeah whoa, wonder who's in the wrong here tough decision
>>
>>140172130
she already stated that she's not pursuing a lawsuit because the cop apologized and she believed him to be sincere.
>>
>>140172760
It makes me laugh that you are so stupid.

So if a cop tells you to snort coke """"for the investigation""" you'll do it? Fucking retarded shit cunt.
>>
Another staged event to villanize law enforcement.
>>
File: 1480687610985.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1480687610985.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>cops in high speed chase
>the driver crash into a truck and dies
>trucker is hurt
>cops wants blood from the trucker to spice it up with drugs so they can shift the blame
>does not get the blood so he chimps out
>>
>>140204115
Damn those anti law enforcement shills, buying all these uniforms to stage the events that portray them bad.
>>
>>140171172
context?
>>
>all these fucking bootlickers in this thread defending the cop
Sometimes the police are just shitty, you don't have to suck their dick every single time.
>>
A lot of my white friends left California to move to Utah because they didn't want to be around minorities and liberals.

So it's funny to see a white cop brutalizing white nurse in Utah.
>>
File: 1430332321060.png (520KB, 960x818px) Image search: [Google]
1430332321060.png
520KB, 960x818px
>>140171172
It's because they caused the accident by chasing that suspect. They wanna get lucky and have the truck driver fail a drug screen, so they can blame him for the accident he was a victim of...
>>
>>140204115
> staged
Can you faggots be objective once?
>>
>>140175056
I'm usually pro-police but you are a god damn bootlicking POS.
>>
File: 1488755900128.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488755900128.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>140172303
>cop had every right to draw that blood.. it's actually a requirement for truckers, and Obama signed some shit that made it legal.. The hospital's policy just wasnt caught up. I forget all the details.

CDL holder, here. The law states "As soon as practicable following an occurrence" of an accident.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/382.303

Being unconscious and in a burn ward makes it not "practicable" to a patient trying to survive an accident, and it's the employer's duty to test for drugs, not a law officer's.

My gut feeling is that the detective was trying to cover for the state troopers who chased a suicidal driver into a head-on with the injured trucker's semi.
>>
>>140171172
I have no idea who she is

but nurses are the biggest most uppity cunts on planet earth

>OH LOOK I KNOW HOW TO TAKE YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE AND IT ONLY TOOK A DECADE OF DEBT AND SCHOOL BEFORE I FIGURED IT OUT PLEASE SIT STILL BEFORE I CALL SECURITY PLEASE DONT SPEAK TO ME YOU'LL INTERRUPT MY FOCUS

literally fuck nurses
>>
>>140205916
Truck driver was a reserve police officer, retard. Why is /pol/ so uninformed?

Kek
>>
File: 1397900173713.jpg (6KB, 142x126px) Image search: [Google]
1397900173713.jpg
6KB, 142x126px
>>140208399
>Truck driver was a reserve police officer, retard.

From Idaho.

And his department thanked the nurse.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/09/rigby-police-chief-thanks-nurse-for-standing-firm-in-protecting-officers-rights/
>>
>>140208332
I wish every nurse who has to deal with your early-onset Alzheimer's disease would read this. However, most would still save you. People like you are trash.
>>
>>140175056
>2. Nurse Wubbels was not booked or charged with anything.
Then the officer committed a crime and needs to be charged himself.
>>
>>140171172
who the fuck cares

this is dumb ass click bait

it's not news
>>
>>140209033
This, illegally detaining a person is a crime, hell go out and try it, for us civilians its called kidnapping.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.