[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Education, trades, and careers advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 32

File: 1503362213624.png (198KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1503362213624.png
198KB, 500x332px
Great success in last thread. Let's help those that are younger than us (or older trying to make a change) choose their careers or give general advice to those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

Let's talk options and advice on
>Universities and college (Bachelor's, masters, and PhDs) life and experiences
>Medical careers
>Law careers
>Trades
>Military careers
>Agriculture and forestry
>Minimum wagecucks
>Government (local and national)
>Police and firefighting
>Freight (train, ship, aircraft, or truck)
>Transportation (pilots)
>Stock market careers
>Freelance work or writing
>Self employment/business owners
>Those that don't want to be NEETs anymore

Help your fellow anons out.

Let's do some good and help each other on to the right paths for us.
>>
Bimpydoo
>>
File: image%3A109349.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A109349.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>140163636
>>
>>140163636
Trades are alright. If you're fine having zero time for a social life.
>>
>>140163636
i wanna make a decent wage have the weekend off work 9 to 5 and not get drug tested

what do?
>>
>>140165749
Go be an office drone. Most trade jobs drug test.
>>
>>140165749
How much school are you willing to do? What do you like or are you good at?
>>
>>140165921
posting on /pol/ and smoking weed
>>
best career path for trades is to get a security clearance you can make a ton of money working overseas without doing much actual work just don't open the door if you a hear a knock at night
>>
>>140166081
Anything else?
Any formal education?
>>
>>140163636
Bump
>>
Come on guys
>>
File: 1484344541832.png (562KB, 672x588px) Image search: [Google]
1484344541832.png
562KB, 672x588px
Alright lads...

>Pipe Welding Training
or
>Virtually free associates degree in Business Management

Before you ask, my Pop is a Cop, and the FOP offers a basically free associates degree through online schooling as a benefit.

The question is, which one should I go for first? I'm a little conflicted as to which one to go for first.
>>
File: 1504282637086.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504282637086.webm
3MB, 640x480px
> wanna be an electrician
> go and get a pre vocational certificate in electro technology
> work on a building site, factory and in domestic for 3 months at 3 different companies for free (work experience to go along with the certificate)
> none of them have an apprenticeship for me
> go to different employment agencies, one tells me I'm getting turned down because my high school math grades were garbage and Electrical is the most over saturated trade field
> recommended doing a math improvement course
> my 20th is in 4 weeks and if I don't have something by then, I'll be unemployable

Help
>>
Family was chaos. Got two years of Community then started a business. Saved. Crash comes around, I go to State, get econ degree. Want to work for an investment bank. I'm too old (older than 25).
Start another business. Fails. Start another, good success. There is lots to do with trade with China, if you are motivated to sell here to other businesses. Try 1688.com and get some ideas.
>>
Welder here. Don't fall for the welding meme. We don't make nearly as much as Mike Rowe told you. If you want to do a trade, don't do welding, machining, or carpentry. Do electrician, HVAC, or plumbing. SOME mechanics do alright, some don't. I'll also say that since most trade jobs are hourly, you're going to be working a lot of overtime and have very little free time in order to make a decent living.

I just got my tight little boipucci into a decent union, and while the pay and benefits are excellent compared to non-union, it's feast or famine, and right now it's famine. Most of the unions are flooded with applicants and only those with inside connections get in. I had a great pipe welding certification coupled with experience and being in the right place at the right time.

I picked a trade because I couldn't stand the thought of office life but 4-ish years in I gotta say, the trades have been massively overhyped. Long hours for not much money. Mike Rowe spiels and the 'skills gap' is a bunch of bullshit PR to flood the labor market and depress wages. There's already a long line of able-bodied people willing to do this. It's just that companies don't want to pay a decent wage for Leonardo Fucking DaVinci.
>>
>>140163636
>>140163636
Jobs, education and money:
Was a high school teacher, don't do that. Holidays don't make up for the autism you suffer through by every student nowadays. You just shill out really dumb shit in overly extended lessons.

Currency trading is not worth unless you're incredible at finance. The risk isn't worth the reward for most people. Auto-trading is somewhat viable if you want to invest but don't know stocks. Gold is safe, crypto is questionable long term regardless of the hype at the moment.

Accounting is pretty solid freelance or for a company. Plus it's good to know about how money, businesses, taxes, corporate law and economics work. Which is why I became one.

Don't go to university or any additional paid schooling unless it's fundamental to your career path (doctor or whatever). Huge scam otherwise. Better off starting low, working hard, getting connections.

If you wanted a job, programming related jobs seem pretty good. Manage websites, make apps (sell out for eeasy $), fix computers etc. You don't necessarily need a degree too.

Life:
Avoid being sucked in by consumerism. Be realistic and practical about spending and what you do generally. Don't waste money getting shit delivered or done for you if the cost per hour is greater than what you'd earn working. E.g. Spending $20 on delivery to save 10 minutes walking if you only earn $20 a hour.

Dating gets easier mid to late 20s. Marriage is a scam. Kids are pretty shit on your money but if it's something you want then do it. Pick up some mediocre hobby or exercise so you have some talking point with normies. Don't share your red pill to people publicly. Most people can't take it.
>>
Work as a software developer, make 190k USD + benefits like free food, dental, vision

Its bretty good but I work for a company /pol/ hates so
>>
I have a bachelor's in psychology. I was planning on getting my masters but only finished the first year. I don't know if I should go back to school to be a counselor or go to law school or get some job outside the psych field. I'm currently waiting tables to pay off my student loans and it sucks bit pays better than the $14 an hour I made working for the state in my field.
>>
>>140174911
I can assure you its not a PR thing. Around here demand for good skilled welders is high and so is the pay. Also being in a right to work state means that most places are non unionized so jobs stay competitive. around here its less about who you know and more about what you can do.
>>
Hey guys, here's a bit about me (pls no datamine)
>19
>college student
>3.8 GPA in Electrical Engineering major
>own my car (paid off)
>scholarships/grants over-cover my tuition, getting paid ~$6.5k per semester to go to school
>gf of 2.5 years
I guess I just want to know what I should do with my degree when I finish school. What's the best path towards a comfy 6 figured job?
>>
>>140178815
>$14 an hour I made working for the state in my field.
>bachelor's in psychology
Feelsbadman.jpg
It sucks how some degree jobs like that can pay shit all.
>>
>>140179286
>bachelors in psych
>Nazi flag
>some Nazi LARPer paid good money to learn about the theories of Freud, Jung, et al (all jews)
Im laughing desu
>>
File: SadTanya.png (586KB, 670x772px) Image search: [Google]
SadTanya.png
586KB, 670x772px
>>140179246
I'm literally you but 1 year younger and
>no gf
>>
>>140179484
Well good luck bud. I got lucky and my gf aproached me. Im really introverted so it's hard for me to make new relationships. Hope you get a qt gf
>>
I actually wish I could get into trading but these types put so much emphasis on pedigree it would be nearly impossible for me to break in for example these type of job posts are always requiring masters or even phd degree from one of the Ivies.
>>
File: S8DDAuY.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
S8DDAuY.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>26
>120k
>network architect
>2.9 high school gpa
...if you have to go to school for a STEM career, just don't do it, you're not meant to do it.
>>
Link to last thread?

I'm in my second year of Electrical Engineer (20 years old) and i'm seriously thinking of just dropping out. I just don't see the point of busting my ass while I transfer my hard earned resources to subhumans. Also, i'm doing the hardwork of civilization and by 2050 subhumans will just use me for their pleasure and comfort. Fuck this society man.

pic related and i'm furious
>>
>mid 30s
>HS Dropout
>no GED
>Working at Walmart for the past 12 years
>no interests
>no upfront cash for tuition
>fox only
>no items
>final destination

To say I have any regrets is an understatement. Since I'm too old to start anything now, I hope my next life grants me time to explore subjects that I can turn into moneymaking careers and not end up homeless and extorted as what happened in my 20s.
>>
>>140179662
I took the big 5 test and scored ~5% on extroversion. It's not likely I'll get a gf unless she approaches me, so I plan to really work on my shape. Too skinny right now; need to put on muscle.
>>
>>140179811
Retarded talk from a computer janitor
>>
want to get a criminal justice degree and get into law enforcement. Sheriff or local police most likely. Any advice? A degree would get me paid more and make me more competitive in the job market. Any cops out there? Pls no larpers
>>
PhD in chemistry
>>
>>140180094
>millenial
>hs dropout (freshman year)
>no ged
>started as a handyman
>worked fucking hard nigger
>140k company proffits last quarter
you lazy faggot.
>>
I would actually really like working in an office, but I have no experience.
>>
I'm 27 making $45k a year as a Web developer

Pretty pathetic desu but I don't really care much about the field. Hate taking orders from some faggots and working on his dumb "projects". I ain't about that small souled bugman life.

Considering doing something radical like teaching English abroad. I have $25k saved up and hate Western society, this could be a good outlet to start saving bigly and become financially independent
>>
Random Question, but any morticians out there? Finishing up my BS Business Administration and got into a program for January.
>>
>>140180681
>he thinks teaching english abroad isnt the ideal career choice for small souled bugmen
>>
>>140163636
Certificate in computer programming from your local community college. Mine offers a certificate as 'Applications Developer' and includes employable languages including Java, JavaScript, SQL and Visual Basic.
>>
>>140179911
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/135900211/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136082221/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136146940/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136168760/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136291335/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136294457/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136407435/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136746166/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/138284417/
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/140163160/
>>
>>140180361

I'm currently in the academy for a large city's police force. A degree will definitely make your application more competitive. Many forces won't promote you past sergeant without at least an AA. I would also recommend getting some kind of military or civil service under your belt. My class is full of people with bachelor and master degrees and infantry/SOF vets. Depending on the city/county, it can get pretty competitive.
>>
>>140180361
Join the military first, either the army or the crayon eaters. It's a pretty easy transition from there to police. If you still want a degree the GI Bill helps out.
>>
>>140179911
Switch to CS, chinks and indians own Elec. CS still has a White tint to it.
>>
>>140180094
Certificate in programming from a cheap community college.
>>
>>140181049
CS is grossly oversaturated.
>>
>>140181049
Do not touch CS or CSE unless you are a god.

You are also a filthy liar, companies are dying to get hands on decent EEs (oh no you might have to move). I know a bunch of them and headhunters are being payed SHITTONS to find em.
>>
>>140166096
What jobs overseas? Explain pls
>>
>>140180094
Get in shape and join the army, you've still got 5 years before they won't take your ass. So long as you aren't pants on head retarded and your marbles stayed in your head, you have an alright time of moving to LE or getting a degree.
>>
Bartender is a fun job. Good money and lots of roasties. If you are more on the degenerate end of the spectrum.
>>
i have a degree in nursing, but i dont really want to work at that, so atm i doing freelance works. im going to study philosophy this year, any idea if i can do anything with it?
>>
How do i bevome a plumber? I didnt take shop classes in highschool.... am i fucked? Should i an hero?
>>
>>140180542
Congratulations on being entrepreneurial-minded. I always feel like I'm going to be ripping somebody off if I start a business. What am I talking about? I'll never have the starting capital or profitable ideas for such Ventures.

>>140181154
How am I going to fight for jobs among pajeets and other mystery meats? More importantly: What business profits from hiring a cishet white male in the current year??

>>140181735
My chest pains are a bit mild and I doubt I'll be able to run a mile in 5 minutes if that's any indication of where things stand. Maybe next life Israel won't be able in control our foreign policy and I'll feel a little bit better about the armed services. I surely don't want to be gone for years at a time I'm deployments protecting oil ports like Kuwait. This might have been appealing when I was in my twenties and homeless. At least I was in shape then.
>>
Well, I'm kind of torn between these two things. I'm currently in university doing civil engineering (it's my sophomore year) and I got a 3.97 GPA (out of 4), I don't know what your GPA is out of. Now my dream is to be a professional athlete, and to do this I need to leave this country, since Lebanon is a total shit hole when it comes to sports. I might go back to Australia. I just wanted to ask you guys if I should stick with civil engineering and give up on my dream to be a pro athlete (specifically soccer/football) and just stick with doing civil engineering. It's not that I don't like CE, I don't love it either.
>>
>>140163636
>be me
>19
>In Australasia (won't tell which country, fuck off databots)
> a few months out of le high school
>bad (horrible) math grades, bretty good physics and chem grades, excellent english and history grades
>talented at 'wordy' subjects, but I want to do something in STEM because apparently you can only get a job in that

Are there any good or in demand humanities career paths? Should I just do something construction related (surveying/quantity surveying) or maybe pick up a trade?
>>
File: 050145.png (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
050145.png
6KB, 250x250px
>>140163636
To tell me what careers can be had with a degree in Public Health?

Just curious...
>>
>>140163636
>be me, 18
>associates degree, 4.0
>full ride to top 50 uni
>no idea what to major in
I'm decent at every subject but I only excel in Chemistry and English. What do Pol?
>>
I just got my first real job. It pays $75k cad. I'm a stemfag and this is peanuts to what people in the US earn but whatever. I'm going to try my best to work hard and stay at this job for at least a couple of years even though it makes me miserable.

I need financial advice on what to do with my money. I have no debt. I have virtually no knowledge of investing. I get some RRSP and stock through work, but outside of that, where do I dump my money? Right now its just sitting in a savings account, losing value wrt inflation.

I don't have a lot of luxury tier wants in my life. One thing I do want to spend money on is a nice clean apartment for myself.
>>
>>140180094
Get into IT, it's never to late to learn a new skill. Work on getting a Comptia Sec+ Just google Sec+ Study guides and commit all your free time for a month or so and you'll easily get a 60k job starting. It would be a good step in the right direction.
>>
Anyone work with stuff related to machine learning, data science, artificial intelligence, etc. Do I need a masters/phd for this shit?
>>
>>140182261
Sounds like you don't have anything better to do. You probably won't even have to go and shoot some hajjis. It's better than walmart, that's for sure.
>>
>>140180590
Cool, apply for jobs using Indeed, Monster, ZipRecruiter and such and make a decent (mediocre) looking resume, (you can fake shit) and apply for everything entry level. You'll find a job almost instantly. Just wear a suit (Walmart special) clean cut with a short haircut and you'll land one (just pass a piss test)
>>
>>140180691
Short stint embalming, pays well but I prefer not working with dead people all day.
>>
>>140183669
Well your choice is between a decent professional degree and an SJW indoctrination program at this point. You decide.
The humanities have been compromised for a long time now, nothing is safe. I took an intro writing unit as an elective and it was nothing but "ethics of representation", not hurting tranny and other degenerates' feelings, and reading garbage from feminist "writers" about social inequalities.
>>
>>140180681
Stop sucking and learn your job properly and you won't be making shit money.
>>
>>140183669
Do chemistry.

The English will help in your paper and dissertation writing. Gradschool is actually pretty fun and cool if you choose wisely.

Gradschool is covered tuition wise. You get a stipend, it's not much but it allows you to live and work in peace.
>>
I planned on going into some kind of STEM field but I totally wasted my time at college and I'm kind of thinking about farming since I will have property, but in time farming will be hard because it seems like farming is going to wind up being very socialized with little competition
>>
>>140181668
With a security clearance you can hop on cleared job (google it) and apply to OCONUS jobs and end up working for military bases, embassy or more interesting locations.
>>
>>140185151
What was your major? Did you graduate?
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 1024x680px
Okay I guess I'll ask then.
>late twenties
>dropped out of uni, engineering
>Looking at joining the police force (WA)
Anybody here work in law enforcement? what's it really like day to day? What to expect, etc.?

Here in my state the pay is pretty good, AU70K starting salary. Currently getting in shape enough to pass the physical test.
>>
>>140183669
do what you like the best
>>
Compsci is a degree that really depends on the school you go to.

If you can make it to the top 5 schools in your country (you can say top 10 if you are in the US) then go for it. Otherwise, CS might not be the best choice. But if you CAN make it to one of the top schools in your country, especially if you live in western europe or Canada/USA, then your CS degree will probably actually be good.
>>
Not usually on pol

>be 24 with parents
>never had interview or job
>did shit in highschool, look like stoner
>too anxious for anything like application
>associate of science
>never drove past 30 mile radius
>stay indoors
>>
>>140182575
Plenty of Lebanese in the construction industry here in aus. You can easily get a good business running if you're good/decent at what you do cause easy contacts and community preference.
>>
I'm not that good at math. I got a B- in college algebra. My college is free and covered by grants. What should I do? If I'm not good at math I sure as hell am not doing a piss easy libarts major to work at dennys.
>>
>>140183954
This. What to invest money on for an early retirement? Or a better question what are the best resources in learning how, where and when to invest?
>>
>>140190856
So what do you want? What science?
>>
>>140178815
Damn, you are me in the future timeline where I choose psych instead of computer science. Pretty sure I"m gonna go with computer science desu. I don't know what to expect at all. I passed into calc, so I'm decent at math. I had a website in middle school, tinkered around with html (I know that's not impressive at all).

All I know is that I can do it if I put my mind to it, and I just don't think my heart is in psychology enough to suffer through. I would want to change the game.... I'd probobly get fired.
>>
>>140182014
A philosophy degree can be a good prep for law school but useless otherwise. I have one, and I wouldn't wish it on my greatest ally.

Worth studying on your own as a hobby however.
>>
Redpill me on pharmacy majors
>>
>>140180094

Breakroom?

Thing about Walmart is that unless you fuck up or the company goes under you will always have a job.
>>
Just teach yourself to program. Got a job teaching myself to code in 3 months while working 7 days a week at least 8 hours a day in a factory.
>>
>>140193247

The pajeets will code for a fraction of what you will work for.
>>
File: 1432515539833.jpg (82KB, 974x683px) Image search: [Google]
1432515539833.jpg
82KB, 974x683px
The Trades are good.

If you're nearly as 'smart' as you think you are, you'll be able to succeed with hardwork and effort. The Trades get neglected and shit talked a lot in Highschool(losers/burnouts, go to University/College!).

If you can play video games and do tasks and complete shit you can learn a trade. Just think of it like a game where you're always learning.

I'm certain there's lots of people here that can handle the mental workload, but not sure about the work ethic/gumption. You need to work hard and not be a wimp. You're going to get bullied and made fun of, especially if you're an antisocial aspie or don't like sports. They don't care that you're like that. They care if you work.

To those who have never worked, you need to start at the bottom before it's too late. Dishwashing, garbage man whatever. Go to a Temp or Hiring Agency. When companies are desperate they go to these agencies to find bodies. This is where you're going to start out. You're going to get shit jobs but you just need to build up your resume. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find an actually good job through these agencies. But don't expect that.

Build your resume to fill the gap where you wasted your life being a manchild. Then you start trying to become an Apprentice somewhere. Some colleges offer free PreApprentice programs. The Gov't pays for them, and you get a Certificate equivalent to Highschool and some experience in a Trade. Typically ends a job placement in the Trade. Where if you're not a pylon they'll hire you at least, luckily as an apprentice.

You need to be careful for anything you pay for be it University/College, Certificates/exams, Courses whatever.

If you're smart and hardworking you can succeed in a good Trade.

>>140172356
DO NOT weld.

"There are no old welders."

You're also first to get laid off in shops.
>>140174911
This guys post is right on.

Welders are disposable. Carpenters/Construction aren't taken seriously. Machinists have been replaced by CNC.
>>
>>140179243
>Around here demand for good skilled welders is high and so is the pay
The pay is still pretty damn low when you take into consideration the damage it does to your body on top of the fact its a skill you have to learn.
>>
>>140191393
I have no idea. Just associate of science as the diploma reads. I don't want to spend another two or so years wasting it by figuring it out, so it's fucked for someone lazy as me.
>>
Med school sucks, but there is good money afterwards. The hard part of medschool is getting accepted, afterwards it's just long hours and lots of workplace bullying, so if you're a soft cunt don't bother.
>>
Anybody in finance here?
>>
>>140193847
>>140193847
Dude people like you are why people don't even want to bother. You really enjoy barking orders at people don't you? This whole "Get a shit job, you are a manchild! You need to do this, do that, You will get made fun of!"

How about..... no? How about we just don't do shit...... sound good? LMAO. I can tell you are a boomer, trying to pass the blame onto my generation.

And if you aren't a boomer, then you have been completely hypnotized by one.
>>
>>140179482
>fried and hung
>not discredited pseudoscience
>>
>>140179482
Jung isn't a Jew.
>>
>>140195836
>Psychology is a science
>>
>>140163636
So I fucked up and got an English Degree, but my GPA was pretty good (3.8).
Is there any path for a Master's I should look into? I was thinking about applying to some lawschools too, but it seems like most law grads are just as jobless as us English Bachelors.
>>
>>140195836
>>140196009
What do you guys do? I feel like the people who constantly shit on psychology probobly hate their super important serious jobs. Giving people advice and helping them feel better is a pretty low stress job. If you were more secure with your job you wouldn't feel the need to shit on other peoples career choices.
>>
I'm in England going to an English university and i'm entering my third year and working to get a History degree. I'll have somewhere around £50k of 'debt' after uni which i'll need to start paying back when I start earning over £21k annually.

I've also got in total £60k spread across ISA's, £10k in stocks and shares, easy savers and all that shit.

I'm looking for suggestions on what I should do after uni.
>>
Australian mid-bro for some reason I can't stop linking your post, so yeah there go.

Bullying? Never heard that before. Probably cause I never talked to graduates.

Also there's good money if you can get and hold down a job. I've seen plenty of doctors who are stuck driving taxis cause they can't get in. Albeit it's because they're immigrants, but the point still stands.
>>
>>140196118
Fucking kek. Psychology is a fucking social science. It has been infiltrated by leftists and anybody who has seen the mental health system in action knows how fucking bullshit it is.
>>
>>140173409
Bro, if you end up back ITT, I'm based in Brisbane and am part of the management team for a decent sized crew of domestic sparkies.

Where in AU are you? No bamboozle. We put on 2 apprentices a year and have hired a 22 year old 2nd year before. It's not impossible.

God speed out there anon.
>>
>>140163636
I want to work in the field of mycology. Are there any good opportunities for /out/ jobs or is it mostly being a lab grunt?
>>
>>140196257
Oh gee, you didn't answer my question. Guess I hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>140173409
Your focus needs more focus

28 year old ex army combat engineer, just ticked into 3rd year of my plumbing ticket. Doing commercial work for a mob atm but scheming with lads from trade school to set up a gas appliance maintenance business cause fuck you i want to be a gasfitter.

Also if you're making a habit of passively accepting the word no then guess what bro youll hear it alot more often
>>
I'm in England going to an English university and i'm entering my third year and working to get a History degree. I'll have somewhere around £50k of 'debt' after uni which i'll need to start paying back when I start earning over £21k annually.

I've also got in total £60k spread across ISA's, £10k in stocks and shares, easy savers and all that shit.

I'm looking for suggestions on what I should do after uni, open to any ideas.
>>
>>140196351
>Doesn't disagree with my post
lel
>>
>>140196392
history degree means career in foreign service, or intelligence or teaching.

or you end up like the 'hard core history' guy and sell podcasts
>>
>>140196392
>50k pounds of debt in student loans
I thought you fuckers had free college
>>
>>140196412
Leftists have infiltrated everything. The goal is to be alone in a room helping someone deal with their issues. At the end of the day a job is a job, I would rather sort fucked up people out than do whatever it is that you do which you refuse to talk about.
>>
>>140196118
Psychology majors tends to be girls because it's easy and simplistic. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about picking a shitty degree. Absolute trash.
>>
>>140196577
>Leftists have infiltrated everything. The goal is to be alone in a room helping someone deal with their issues. At the end of the day a job is a job, I would rather sort fucked up people out than do whatever it is that you do which you refuse to talk about.
Really? Tell me how leftists have infected the field of microbiology, or chemistry. Science is supposed to be objective. Psychology is on the same tier as Polisci and Anthropology
>>
I have the option to live in Britain for 3 years and go to oxford to do a double bachelor in Politics, Philosophy and Economics. Should I take it? I have a lot of connections and could line myself for a job in many fields. I'm just concerned about living away from home for the first time for 3 years.

Britbongs, what will the british ladies think of me? I'm a typical surfer Aussie.

How well will I fit into British society and culture? Am I welcome as an anglo?
>>
>>140193847
>welding

This, every welder I knew had no sense of taste or smell, it was killed by fumes they inhaled. They literally drank warm milk in boiling water instead of tea, and ate banana sandwiches because couldn't taste a fucking thing.

Stay the hell away from the welding meme, become an electrician or anything else
>>
>>140196619
That's your opinion, and considering you are an an-cap, it really doesn't mean much to me.
>>
>>140196560

The Scottish have it free and I think the Welsh to some extent also have free uni, not the English. Scotland basically bleeds London for the money to pay for free tuition for themselves and threaten independence if we don't give them what they want
>>
>>140186859
>AU Cop
>70k

gedthafukouttatown

seriously? cops make that much? what state?
>>
>>140196704
Does law pay well in the UK?
>>
Guys, I'm not living in America, but I guess my question is kinda universal.
So, I'm currently in law school, doing alright for now. As you know this country of mine is a shitshow. My question guys would be: How do I become a politician? The system here is so corrupt, I don't think it's even possible to become a honest one. Any advice?
>>
>>140179246
remember that your grants are taxed as income
>>
>>140196312
Go to the Netherlands and grow and breed mushies for sick dosh cunt.
>>
>>140196664
I sure feel bad for any insecure manlets on /pol/ who get bullied into doing STEM by virgin autists if that's not what they want to do. I'm a musician, I'm working on an invention..... I have many things I like to do in my spare time. I don't want to dedicate my life to something that I don't enjoy. I enjoy Carl Jung's work. Freud is clearly a kike pervert.
>>
>Be 28
>Masters in business
>Background in saled and sales management
>Start own business as a sales consultant
>Profit
People that say sales is a meme career are losers who can't or couldn't hack it. If you can sell and are willing to put in the work you will make great money and always be in demand.
>>
>>140196794
Do you know the elite in your country?
>>
>>140196749

It pays fairly well, although its a considerable deal harder than a subject like History so I didn't take it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36028368
^ what a degree will generally yield in the UK
>>
>>140196843
I am not even in STEM. I am just saying that people in psychology are larping scientists.
>>
>>140196895
The elite is Vucic and big capitalists. Although, there are children of ministers that are my colleagues. One of them wanted to get me into the student parlament.
>>
>>140196848
It pays well for sure. My uncle is in it and makes at least 200k a year. He has never gotten more than a week off though his entire career.
>>
>>140196895
its me, im on a pc now. If you mean generally who are the elites, yea, the elite here hasn't changed last 20 years. if you mean privatelly, i only know a daughter of some politician, but, there are other sons and daughters of politicians that are my colleagues.
>>
>>140181608
>EEs
i'm totally clueless; what is this?
>>
>>140196941
There is law school that pays well and a MBA for post graduate degrees.
>>
>>140197017
Well I'm considering majoring in computer science, I just decided to attempt to defend psych. It's between psyche and computer science... I'm starting to think I should find a good middle ground. I'm 26, transferring a year and a half worth of credits from music school. I did not get a good start, I'm ready to just get a job and be done with it. I spend most of my time reading anymore, I'm losing interest in the outside world. If psychology could potentially make me 100k a year eventually, then I don't give a shit if it's a real science or not.
>>
>>140197163
so basically he's a slave to his career

fucking hell
>>
Guys, will I have more success landing job interviews for "equal opportunity" jobs if I pretend to be gay in my cover letter?
>>
>>140197058
>>140197181
Well, democracy is just oligarchy behind a very thin veil. If you could explain how the elections work over in Serbia (are there large ad campaigns, is there straight up voter rigging) I could help a little more.
>>140197231
You could make a killing in private practice if you have a large clientele. I have just seen enough of the US mental health system for it to leave a bad taste in my mouth/
>>
Simply look up the most Desired job in high demand within your respective country's economy - align the most in demand job with something that you desire to do, get a degree in it, then go job hunting.
>>
>>140197341
Yes, such is the corporate life.
>>
>>140163636
24yr old Male from Australia.
I work in a Big 4 accounting firm as a senior consultant. AMA lads
>>
>>140181761
I've always wanted to be a bartender, what do I have to do to make myself more appealing for this job? What type of skills do I need to learn, and where to learn them? Thanks in advance senpai.
>>
>>140197600
How much are accountants paid there? Starting in the US if you actually try to get good grades is ~60k
>>
>>140163636
I was accepted into a commercial fishing apprenticeship program on a dragger in AK, any advice? Currently on a tender and I love it, I feel strong but I'm turning into an asshole and I'm confused if its because I'm learning to respond to bullshit or its a bad habit.

Being said I like this job a lot and wished I had done it during summers in college. I'm not very mechanically savy but have always been athletic and a hard worker. Anons if you need money for school gigs in Alaska in the fishing industry are available, they suck but there's lot of jobs and if you're hourly they have a lot of hours lol. I can't say much because its my first year here but I would love to answer questions abt this.
>>
>>140197600
can you wire transfer me 6k?
>>
>>140197403
This legit a good question. I'm bad at socializing and have completely ducked up networking, this may help others who are younger than me atleast get their foot in the door.
>>
>>140182014
You're an Israeli. None of you work. You take from the rest of the world, then you take out your trash, and you're like "oy vey, the toil forced onto me!"
>>
>>140197730
Hey mate

We pay our graduates 55k AUD per year

We also pay for their CPA tuition

you dont start making good money until Manager level (4-5 years)
>>
I'm really struggling with deciding whether or not to go to graduate school.
The thing is, the only way to viably become what I want to became, is to go through grad school.

I'm a BS in Kinesiology grad, and I want to become a Prosthetist/Orthotist (Not a PT or OT like all my peers) and after volunteering, working, going to conferences and speaking to recent grads, I'm STILL not certain I want to continue on with grad school.

My issue is that it'll be 60k+ and unless I'm lucky, I wont really get a job where I want, although these programs advertise 100% employment, they mean you have to move for it.

Recent grads have been telling me their residency paid them 40k and some even said they stayed around 50-60k salary after a few years. Reports say they should be making more... I would guess they'd be headed to 90k soon, but with a debt so high and the interest that would build up on it... UUUGHHH

I looked into international options, but I don't know if I want to risk it with healthcare changing rapidly here.

So for now, I want to get an entry level job as a tech, but no one will hire me because I don't have enough experience. They always tell me to volunteer for them as if they're going to hire me eventually. HOW ABOUT YOU JUST HIRE ME, TRAIN ME EXACTLY HOW YOU LIKE SO I CAN BE A FUCKING PERFECTLY MOLDED ASSET TO YOUR DAMN COMPANY?

So, recent grad in Kinesiology here, have a part time job writing. Hows personal training?
>>
>>140197933
You going to stay in accounting, or transfer out with a MBA?
>>
>>140197876
Small world, I'm from Alaska. Drag fag huh? You are killing the ocean man, hahah. Just don't get into drugs, that's my only advice. All of my friends who are successful in fishing do a lot of coke, sometimes meth, and the ones who really fuck up get into brown.
>>
>>140197879
I lost money betting on the Dragons Sunday - broke af right now
>>
>>140197895
I'm only asking because I've read conflicting accounts.
It may ultimately be up to whether the company has a cancer-ridden HR department.
Obviously if your resume is going to be read by a manager/chief who actually does work, it may not be the best idea.
>>
File: 1434291349259.jpg (143KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1434291349259.jpg
143KB, 1280x721px
>>140195718
I'm not trying to pass blame onto anyone.

Boomers think Millenials are lazy entitled babies. And they're right.

Millennials think Boomers are ungrateful and ignorant of the silver platter they were handed. And they're right.

My advice isn't for people like you. You have no gumption, and I've had people like you respond before. Hence why putting in that entire section.

My advice is for guys that still have a shred of hope of growing into individuals able to sustain themselves. And the Trades are place where you can learn and feel good about working hard.

My point with being 'smart' is that if you're good at the Trade, and finish your Apprenticeship, you can strike out on your own(depending on your trade). Becoming your own boss and running your own show. Thus negating your being sacred of getting 'barked at'. Or if you're real smart, and real good you get sent to interesting places to fix interesting problems no one else can.

I haven't been hypnotized. I'm just jaded in dealing with ignorant boomers and baby millennials. You've been hypnotized by your own weakness. Grow up or stay in Neverland. Your choice.
>>
>>140197600
is bitcoin a meme? because I've made nearly a second hand japanese car's worth of money on it and I don't want to lose it before I get the car.
>>
>>140197997
Not sure yet desu, Partner looks comfy - could potentially move to the Transactions area in my firm then move on the investment banking. But yeah not reqlly sure to be honest right now. One day id like to eventually start my own business though, being a wage cuck fucking sucks
>>
>>140197600
Pls if you know anything>>140191365

I don't want to wage-slave my life away. I would atleast like to make decent money out of investment so that I can live comfortably, at best would like run/own a design engineering consultancy.
>>
File: 1234567899.png (37KB, 1127x685px) Image search: [Google]
1234567899.png
37KB, 1127x685px
Just turned 18 and I have until the end of my senior year to get my shit together. Getting kick out regardless. No skills in anything but I'm a fast learner.

What do
>>
>>140198016
Say you are 1/8th Inuit or something and tell HR to check their white privilege if they ask for proof
>>
>>140198070
Well I have 130 IQ, so there is no question of my intelligence. Bahaha save the "Only for people who have a shred of hope" bullshit. I called you exactly for what you are. Have fun breaking your back for the rest of your life, I'll let my brain make the money.... thanks.
>>
I want to teach Latin. Is that all right?
>>
>>140198070
You sound like you think you are so fucking important and high and mighty. You are telling people to learn a trade.... get over yourself.
>>
>>140198007
Yeah flying to dutch shortly. I heard that there is a lot of opiate addictio and that there's a beautiful women behind every tree and there are no trees.
>>
>>140198164
Teach yourself to program and build a portfolio
>>
>>140198125
>One day id like to eventually start my own business though, being a wage cuck fucking sucks
This. This. This. I am still finishing up my business undergrad. I have a friend who's dad could hook me up a comfy analyst banking job, or I could go out on my own. I am still dreading the few years of wage slaving until I start my own business.
>>
>>140197502
Okay, the current problem in serbian politics is that there is no strong and united opposition. The elections are very unfavorable for the opposition because Vucic uses government assets to fund his campaign. He also has almost total control of TV media. Problem is, his voting base are the old, low wage fags, and those that he can buy off with 10 euros per a vote, or a bag of groceries. There is character assassination on every possible candidate that runs against him. He doesn't have much support though, he won 51% after intensive, and i do mean intensive campaign. The problem is, on our last presidential elections, ONLY 37% of people voted. Thank you for answering.
>>
>>140196717
WA, I was surprised as well but here it is: https://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/benefits/
>>
File: ThePyramid.jpg (43KB, 278x427px) Image search: [Google]
ThePyramid.jpg
43KB, 278x427px
The whole system around you is a soultrap. You live in a human farm, and you're being farmed. The education/media Matrix is designed to limit you worldview and indoctrinate you into believing that being a mind-controlled consumerist slave is the only way of existing.
The truth is only those who have financial freedom are free. Chances are you don't even have the concept of financial freedom in your mind, so research it. Disregard ANY time-consuming occupation that doesn't contribute to getting you closer to financial freedom. That means:

>NEVER contract any debt. No loans, no credit cards.
>Have 0% superficial expenses. Buy NOTHING you see advertised on mainstream/social media. Hollywood, Netflix, videogames, fast food... it's all pure shit (PsyOp propaganda or literal venom) the rich feed to their slaves in order to keep them entertained (a happy slave produces better than a stressed slave).
>Save at least 50% of your income.
>Start learning about investment, stocks and investment funds NOW. If you don't know about how money works, you're nothing but a lower echelon slave. Financial language and mechanics is artificially made esoteric deliberately, so only the chosen classes can access the keys to personal freedom. If you're able to master the fucking minutia mechanics of pop trash (you're an expert on mind-slave shit like e-celebs, Westeros, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Starcraft... you can master finance EASILY). Start NOW.
>Put all your savings in various investment funds. The game is rigged, play on the side of those who rig it: Vanguard is a good choice (it's covertly owned by the Rothschilds, as 90% of the good investment funds).

This will give you the financial means to lay the foundation of your future freedom, but you'll have to figure your way out from there: you have to focus on how to generate passive incomes.

Seriously, if you don't live like this you're literally a slave. Any upper class individual knows this, so start changing your mindset NOW.
>>
File: 1503329308038s.jpg (5KB, 205x250px) Image search: [Google]
1503329308038s.jpg
5KB, 205x250px
i guess the person i want to be like the most is mike judge

how do?

>famous cartoonist
>funny guy
>makes music
>actor
>director
>smart as fuck

how do? i am talentless boys
>>
>>140163636
>19 year old NEET fuck
>slept through year 11 once, expelled once.
>money to kick things off
>occaisional recreational use keeps life meaningful

I do fine in most subjects but my motivation is minimal, ideas?
>>
>>140198496
54% voted * im sorry i read it wrong
>>
I really want to get into finance or something related. Currently studying math at a mediocre state school. What would you guys recommend for getting started in that career?
>>
>>140198531
Network. Have a highly developed idea by the time you meet people who are high level.
>>
>>140198121
I've never really understood (well actually I haven't researched at all) how do people make money bitcoins? Is it currency trading or what?
>>
>>140198531
I always saw Mike Judge as an inspiration. He started out as an engineer
>>
File: 1494637773344.png (308KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494637773344.png
308KB, 640x480px
>>140198641
that's a really good ideal

how can i get better at networking?

i assume if i lift and look good it will also help
>>
The military isnt a good option anymore. If you're a white. They'll pass you over to fill their diversity, and gender quota. Recruiters make more money doing it.
>>
>>140198496
You said you know some kids with powerful parents. You are going to have to be pretty Machiavellian to get ahead in a corrupt system. Become friends with them and stay close after law school. If you get to become close to them or their parents, tell them you are interested in politics. You should try to get close to the powerful in your country, without seeming like a leech. Try to distinguish yourself in your career. I know it is a lot, but those not born into power have to claw their way up. Also, get a pretty wife.

>>140198578
>Currently studying math at a mediocre state school. What would you guys recommend for getting started in that career?
If you are a math degree, you should be leaps ahead of the competitors. What year are you?
>>
>>140198164
If you work in a fish processing plant or on a fishing boat you get food and lodging but salmon is ending so idk what you would do.
>>
>>140198777
Well, I do film scores. You can email me if you want.

[email protected]

Do you have an idea for a show? Living in LA, New York, or somewhere close to there would help.

Join facebook groups and stuff like that. If your first idea fails, just try to keep the creative mindset, keep coming up with ideas.
>>
>>140198777
Pic and https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/want-to-get-me-on-the-phone-heres-how-a-networking-overview
>>
>>140198719
Why is it that so many engineers abandon their fields and make so much money elsewhere. I've this alot. It's like engineering is somekind of 'red pill' or scree sauce to do good if you're turned on.
>>
>>140180691
Not a mortician, but worked part time in a funeral home for years. In my small city, lot of family owned places have been bought up by a corporate entity that sucks up all the money. Formerly good paying jobs were gutted.
>>
>>140198578
Being good at math is an advantage with finance, and anything in finance will make you earn more money than the average slave. A Master's Degree in finance will help you get an internship in any investment firm and it's only upwards from there. If you master the art of investment fund management or stock investment counseling, you're fucking done for life. I'd avoid the broker path.

Beware, though: finance is literally an unethical, vile, Satanic art, as everything derived from usury is. It's the way the upper masterminds keep the whole world enslaved under their fist and you'll have to eventually sell your soul if you play from inside the system. My advice is: learn enough to set yourself up independently. Anyone can play the game if he knows how to. Become financially independent as fast as possible, have a good stream of passive income set up, and dedicate your life to better, more human things.
>>
>>140199009
Yeah, Julius Evola was an Engineer too. He was the red pill embodied.
>>
>>140163636
>>Police and firefighting

I'm currently doing training at a 911 dispatcher for police/fire/ems
No so much answering the calls but directing units to locations, and transmitting data

4k a month, and government benefits and I only have a highschool education

It's not much but it's beneficial to society, and the money keeps me content
>>
File: 1434293312994.jpg (38KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1434293312994.jpg
38KB, 400x302px
>>140198279
>>140198174
If you actually took the time to read the thread, you'd see some guys in shitty spots and could use some direction. You spouting about your 'superior intellect'(does anyone actually do that past 18?) doesn't help them at all.

If reading a fairly passive post like mine 'drives people away' well I don't think there was much helping them. I'm sorry it triggered you and that you think it's bullying.

If your schooling doesn't work out, just remember for someone in your situation/age you're more likely to make 100k a year in the Trades than in Psychology or playing Thomas Edison. It's a shit degree without a Masters or PhD(which you won't be able to get 'til you're in your mid 30's btw). Stay with Computer Science, at least you'll have a chance there.
>>140197231
>>140196843
>>
>>140198925
I'm a junior this year, but I'll be here for 5 years.
>>
>live in the middle of fucking no where
>want to get a "1 year" trade certificate have to pay the community college for a whole bunch of bullshit, more than 3 years of classes on a full day schedule most of the required classed have nothing to do with your certificate

Delivering pizzas it is.
>>
>>140197201
I'm assuming electrical engineer?
>>
>25
>no HS / no GED
>no job

Moved to the Dominican Republic because at least if I'm going to be a fucking loser may as well do it in paradise

Anybody work illegally in a small economy ?

I need to find a way to make money . There Is always call centers but they don't even pay $3 an hour

Any ideas?
>>
>>140198925
I'll think about it a little more, thank you for your response desu
>>
I work in a Museum and its the most chilled out job I have ever had. We have tea breaks every hour and a half and most of the day i'm not really doing anything, spend most of my time on here.
>>
I have no qualifications, i hate myself and want to die. There is nothing I want to do in this world. I am passionate about nothing.
>>
>>140199343
26 with a bachelors of science here, I was thinking of doing the same thing!

I've got this island in mind, I already know the place I want to work at, all I need to do is hope they contact me back on linkedin and I need to fax them my rresume and just see what happens.

As for advice, there are a lot of online programs that pay you for training others in English. I don't know which ones are good or not.
>>
>>140199343
Where are you from orginally mate? Also how much dose it cost to live there?

I would guess your best bet would be becoming self employed preferably something to do with computers so you can get an American wage whilst still living in the DR.
>>
>>140199487
Sell girls pants on craigslist.
>>
File: kino feels.png (278KB, 626x470px) Image search: [Google]
kino feels.png
278KB, 626x470px
>>140198978
i have tons of ideals for wide variety (mostly agdg )of stuff
but i just can't get any project off the ground

i started a twitter and soundcloud

https://twitter.com/JoshGrandier

i'll follow back
>>
>>140184293
What kinds of jobs? I'm currently studying comptia sec+ to get some certs on my resume. 31 years old and changing careers, but most IT jobs I see listed require experience.
>>
>>140199599
We don't use Craiglist in the uk idiot
>>
>>140199743
We have craigslist mate, sure you could use ebay or gumtree or something but i doubt they let you sell used pants.
>>
>>140199522

I should start checking out making money online , I can teach English in universities but it only pays like $15 a day which is super retarded. But if you can get an actual legit job on any island outside of USA , def go for it!

>>140199533
Im am amerifat. It's super cheap, I have a studio in a decent area and I pay about $200 a month for it. I can fill up my refrigerator with $25-30 if I stay away from American products.

I tried a wholesaling business but customs regulations is such a bitch in this country.
>>
>>140198121
Idk bro it may crash, just ride the wave and dont get too heavy in it.

>>140198130
Before starting your own thing its important to work with the best. Whatever field your in aim to work with the top firm or top people in that area, especially while you're young. You will pick up best practices and learn a shit ton.
>>
>>140199863
Reply to me again and I'll knock you out.
>>
>>140199206
Alright dude, well now you've made me feel bad. I just know so many people who have given the exact same speal. It's not a bad speal, I get it. I am personally annoyed with people calling people man children, and lazy, and telling them to beg for a job as a garbage man..... it's just me. You are right, I was triggered. Best wishes peace man
>>
Construction Management- a career which can easily net you 100k plus after 3 years on the job, you'll start with at least 65k, shit will always need to be built. Learn to read prints, do cost estimation for trades, draft autocad shop drawings, create a bid for a trade, compile a bid of multiple subcontractors for a GC bid, negotiate through the bidding process, close, build by manage/schedule/coordination of trades, punch list, close out the job and turnover...
Once you work your way through all of these aspects and accrue a large sum of cash by saving salary and the huge bonuses which come from closing projects you can then start your own firm and get to work. Contracts can always be funded by banks once you show them the signed deals. Whether you GC or do trade specific work once you know and can perform every task in the process (will take years to get there but after the first 2 you'll be raking in cash and loving what you do)
Construction never dies shit always needs to be built, the richest people around you are all in the business just aren't ostentatious, your local country club is mostly contractors in different levels of the field, easily one of the highest paying fields in the country... Insanely profitable and if you put in the work you'll move up quickly, this is an insanely well kept secret within the families of people who come from a construction background... Trust me boys, get it while the getting is good and 1000% go for construction management as a major if you go to college (I worked in construction all through HS an college, my degree is in Biology and Math, I chose to work in construction and make litterally 3-5x what my college counterparts working in biology do while also command respect at my job while they are all lab research techs getting shit on constantly)
This is the best advice I can possibly give you guys if our young or changing paths, ask around the money circles where you live, all the down to earth rich guys are contractors
>>
>>140200148
Already got a BS in Kinese here, I had people in my physics class going into construction mgmt. My ex's mom was a manager back before 2008. That was also the time when my friend's dad got fucked over. He's a big contractor in my area. Always thought about getting him to mentor me.

Thanks for the advice
>>
>>140200024
fight me irl idgaf
>>
Ok, here goes:
>be me 19 yrs old soon 20
>never worked
>finance college dropout
>probably have adhd
>couldn't concentrate on maths accounting and similar shit (always been weak at stem)
>parents advice going to political science (no bully plz)
>I have till sept 10 to pay for PS tuition fees
>starting lectures tomorrow but the place looks sjw af
>probably going to drop everything before that
My strenghts:
Good analytical thinking, creativity, originality (don't like copying shit), good at linguistics,
good liar.

Weaknesses:
Lazy af
Shit concentration on subjects I don't like.
Unorganized/spontaneous (hate routines, deadlines, always do everything the last minute)
Bad at kissing ass.
Suck at anything trade related. (productivity and work quality goes to shit because my mind drifts away when doing physical work)
Low bullshit tolerance
Low empathy
Very antisocial (inside) but can pretend to be a social.

Any advices what should i study would help.
>>
File: giantbrain.png (279KB, 898x790px) Image search: [Google]
giantbrain.png
279KB, 898x790px
>>140199612
Money is a key factor too. I'm trying to keep my dreams alive while I figure out how to get a secure career.... and keeping the dream alive is the hardest part. I had this delusional element going for me when I was younger, once you start thinking too realistically it becomes less likely you will ever do what you need to do to make it.

I'm so caught up in reading philosophy and occult theology anymore that I don't even really care about anything.

>tfw too metaphysical too be a success
>>
>>140193154
Yeah, it's me. It's been a while.

I survived the 2008 financial crisis and the only thing that was taken from me was guaranteed overtime, which is rare nowadays. I would like to actually be paid time and a half for the 5-7 I work here for free on a weekly basis. I wonder how the corporation will react the next time the economy goes tits up? Who knows? Maybe 2018 will finally be the year ol' breaky gets off his ass and at least gets his GED, though nothing is certain in this sorry excuse that I call a life. I have been busy penning my roman à clef about familial disintegration, which has taken up the majority of my mental activities.

Anyways, how y'all doing?

>>140184293
I thank you for having so much faith in me, thought the six month projection you stated would balloon to 3 or 4 years as I'm a slow learner and obviously dumber than a box of rocks.

Then there's the dread of actually getting hired, a major security breach happens, and I'm out of the job and more than likely blackballed from the field. What a blackpill.
>>
>>140200361
I warned you mate
>>
>>140196312
so I do I desu

but where the fuck would I get hired

maybe I'll get a sciences degree

oh wait I can't afford it
>>
>>140200441
You already have a good mindset to leave the slave system behind. Research psychocybernetics and read Napoleon Hill ASAP. It's the occult type of shit the elites acually learn.
>>
>>140198517
Agreed.
Except:
>biggest asset bubble in history

Invest your money here folks!
>>
>>140199206
>Stay with Computer Science, at least you'll have a chance there.
Bad idea, just teach yourself. Going to school to learn to program//do math is only for those with no willpower to teach them selves at home.
>>
>>140200359
You won't regret it, and also networking is key, meet as many people as possible as early as possible and you'll realize that you end up dealing with these same people for years on and off... Once a GC has found "their guy" you will always et last looks on bids for the build... The perk are also awesome (sports games, expensive dinners etc.) I work in NYC so the scale I'm working on is the largest in the world but even in a really small city all of this applies... Once you well liked and accomplished you have a shot at branching out on your own and all those people you know and have worked with will stick with you, loyalty is huge in the business... Also you will work with the best guys, from the actual mechanics and helpers on the job sites to the highest up executive and ceo's they are all for the most part down to earth, cursing, drinking, red pilled republicans who give it to you straight. Give it a shot bro, your whole successful life is awaiting you.
>>
>>140199009
You learn that 99% of science fiction is impossible and move on to other things.
>>
>>140200594
Will do!
>>
>>140200707
Yeah, I know that I could learn by myself. I learned algebra and pre-calc in 6 months. I would just hate to spend all the time learning, then get turned away because I don't have a (((degree)))
>>
>>140200387
The lazy as shit part will go away when you like your job and have goals and deadlines ou have to meet driving you instead of having you plate empty having it overfilled will drive your productivity. You are the type of person who just needs a set of tasks thrown in front of you with a deadline and no option for failure and then BOOM the drive will come out and you'll be the most productive guy in the place. You should really take a look at Construction Management as I've described in my posts here, the industry needs people and the work never stops, it comes with a lot of money and working with great dudes
>>
>>140200707
I'll consider it though, I might just finish out this semester of school, find a job, and learn to program on the side.
>>
>>140200838
>red pilled republicans who give it to you straight

Haha this describes my friends dad perfectly. He took me out shooting with his AR 15 and was complaining about some nigger kids down the street playing music. We connect on a lot, I feel sorry that his oldest son is gay and his youngest son is a little slow. I'll definitely ask him how I can help him out next time I'm over. I've got a little CAD experience
>>
Determine your IQ, then find out what jobs have your IQ as above average for the job, then do it.

If you try and take a job above or at your IQ, you'll be crushed in a second.
>>
>>140200387
god you sound like me but younger

go full Machiavellian

I'm probably going to end up going that plus con man

just hard working up the nerve for it
>>
>>140200441
abandon philosophy and the occult

philosophy is lots of bullshit and circles and the occult is literal brainwashing
>>
>>140201255
Philosophy is the key to the soul, and occult is basically the history of religions.

When you say the occult is literal brainwashing, it means you have an Alex Jones tear understanding of the occult.
>>
>>140200387
>Very antisocial

Get a job at a restaurant as a busser and work your way up to a waiter.
Go to as many parties and social events as you can. Go to all the social events that you can and force yourself to socialize.

If you go to college, network yourself into jobs. Also, finance isn't going to get you a good job. If you don't have the discipline for a hard science, you don't need college.

You need to discipline yourself. Working any job will help. Start training for a half marathon to get yourself some discipline and help your brain to concentrate better. Listen to better music and maybe take a break from most media.
>>
>>140201113
Cad experience is getting big for entry level positions without degrees, Shop Drawins are becoming necessary for every trades submittals now so you can start by simply drafting up detailed situations in various different trades for a company, then just repeatedly ask people higher up than you to show you how to do other things and before you know it you'll have an arsenal of knowledge and they'll let you do job you really want, this is how I moved up in the business while I was still in HS and College (for bio and math) and ultimately chose to stay due to the types of people you work with (so much better than any stuck up PC BS Bio position) and the money (65k on graduation day and well over 100k after 3 years as opposed to like 30k in a lab)
>>
>>140201217
>full Machiavellian

Why not half?
People in Sales make bank. If you can make yourself do it, it'll improve you as a person, and you'll be set with $$, friends, women etc.
>>
>>140201347
Tier*

And I haven't even gotten into my passion for fascism, which is related to my passion for the idealist philosophy.

Materialism is cancer.
>>
>>140201347
There is 0$ to earn in this bullshit, give the kid practical career advice, not reinforcing some existential bullshit reading and wasting time
>>
>>140201585
You are an uncultured servant.
>>
>>140201697
Rofl I promise I make more than 3x your yearly salary in bonuses alone every year
>>
>>140201750
I have connections to Warner Brothers. They want to be connected with me because I have interesting ideas.... I have interesting Ideas because I read interesting things.

Money doesn't impress me.
>>
>>140200476

You know if you get hurt or something while working off the clock you're SOL and can possibly be fired.
>>
>>140201697
I'll refer this kid to the practical career path I Laid out in my other posts in this thread, he can thrive within a few years of hard work and get paid along the way. I thought this thread was about genuinely steering kids towards great red-pilled career paths... I spent some time writing up a great opportunity for a young guy here because I thought it'd do some good, you are just derailing the kids life into being poor
>>
>>140201982
I was responding to someone in the post you claimed I was giving advice on. You don't seem very bright.
>>
>>140197897
Fuck off burger
>>
>>140201982
Sounds to me like you are your own biggest fan. I'm glad you make a ton of money, because your personality is completely revolting.
>>
>>140201825
Reading interesting things is a pastime, everyone alive does this, this was supposed to be about careers that provide opportunity and prosperity/ good lives for young guys in need of direction... No1 should be giving advice here if they literally have 0 success in their own
>>
>>140198978
I'm actually a good music composer and producer. I abandoned the artistic path a while ago though (had to pay the bills and never found a way to monetize my talent). Any advice?
>>
>>140202167
>Everyone reads interesting things
Not even close to true.

Judging by the amount of typos in your post I can tell that you are frothing at the mouth angry slamming your keyboard in fury " I MAKE MOAR MONEY THEN YOUUUUUUUU"
>>
File: 9165666.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
9165666.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>140197897
>You're an Israeli. None of you work. You take from the rest of the world, then you take out your trash, and you're like "oy vey, the toil forced onto me!"
>>
>>140202088
My personality is fine, just a normal dude, ( how can your feefees be so hurt from anon posting that my "personality" can be deduced and subsequently be revolting, all I did was try to red-pill youngins on a great career opportunity) you literally sound like a complete SJW in every aspect of the word, anyone reading the things you have said would all come to the same conclusion
>>
File: danalaugh.jpg (46KB, 634x393px) Image search: [Google]
danalaugh.jpg
46KB, 634x393px
>>140202392
>Anyone reading the things you have said would all come to the same conclusion

So now you are so completely furious, and desperate to come out on top in this little interaction, that you are projecting your opinions and feelings onto everyone else posting here.

Considering I've had many positive exchanges, with other more calm and collected individuals, I'm afraid your narcissistic border-lining obsessive projection is null and void.....

u mad sweetie? :) :)
>>
>>140202294
I'm not going to argue on the Internet, all I was doing was what the thread was about and trying to get young guys excited for a cool job they can succeed in and laid out the various aspects of it they will learn along the way, the money is something which would attract a kid to the career as well as the people they'd be working with, I'm sorry you feel attacked because I pointed out you were pretty much derailing the entire idea for the thread with encouraging a kid to waste his life and be unsuccessful on purpose
>>
Alright, I'm 19 and I'm taking this year to study 3 A-Levels to get into a top 10 uni, since I was a lazy shit who just wanted to be 'average' in high school and sixth form, but have since realized this would lead to a very boring life. I've got that all on track, the problem is that combined with rent and other necessities, living is getting fucking expensive here in London and there ain't no family here to help me out. I'm working as receptionist at a gym for shit pay. Any lads in London or England in general have any idea of what a 19 year old with no degree can do to earn something decent to live by like £12/hour?
>>
>>140202666
I've worked with guys from Ireland here in the states, I would imagine London would be on par with Dublin wage wise and for 12$ an hr you'll def make way more as a Laborer/Clean up guy on construction sites prolly closer to 18$ an hr
>>
File: LEL FAGGOT.png (1MB, 830x770px) Image search: [Google]
LEL FAGGOT.png
1MB, 830x770px
>>140202644
>Not gonna argue
You already did, and you got realllly mad

>I'm sorry you feel attacked
OH, so I'm the one who is mad? Sure sweetie

>Encouraging a kid to......

Well let's take a look at what was REALLY going on

He >>140201255 told me to abandon philosophy and the occult, and I >>140201347
responded.

Then YOU>>140201585 Started pissing your pants over a conversation that clearly skyrocketed over your head.

It's ok sweetie, not everyone is good at reading ;)
>>
>Italian Actuary
>26
>1 year of experience, 65k (euros)
>Currently working for a private firm
>B.Sc. in Statistics
>Master in Actuarial Science
>Focus on product development

In Italy you need a master in either Statistics or Actuarial Science (which is more Statistics with an actuarial tune than anything else..) to attend the State Exam. If you pass it you get accredited as Actuary and can legally work in every EU country, including the ones (UK, Ireland) which use the English exam system instead.

For all other itafags that want to join - it is REALLY a hit-or-miss kind of deal. Either you manage to get noticed and join the right "studio" (in which case you can top at around 90k/year by early '30s) or you grow slowly in a big multinational (Generali etc - you will reach 80k/year in early '40s).

My suggestion is: if you do NOT manage to enter in a good private firm ("studio" they are called over here for all burgers etc), go abroad.
They pay much better in Switzerland (110k to 150k on average, with topping at 175k as employee) and slightly less in France (90k to 120k on average as employee). Compare this with out 65k to 95k on average as employee.

After some years as an employee, try to make the jump and open your own firm if you are still in Italy/around the area - over here freelancing/contracting is still very much in its infancy and you will get more $ by having a firm (in Italy an actuary with his own firm earns on average 150k to 220k/year). If you manage to go to UK, try to become contractor instead - jobs that pay from 500 to 1k £/day are pretty common in the City.

For the rest of the world - even if they do not say it, you NEED a degree in Actuarial Science with your exams - trust me on this one.

The pay is great all around the world, but if one is really running after the money, either go freelance in the City or hit Singapore and Hong Kong as a multinational employee.
>>
>>140202940
I made a mistake - you can take the exam with a master in Finance, but nobody will hire you, ergo disregard my advice Financefags - get bent.
>>
>>140197897
the last time they ever did some actual work was when the Nazis actually put them to work in their camps
>>
Going to trade school for welding, machining, manufacturing, CAD, solidworks, CNC, and other associated manufacturing and technical skills. Great decision. Lots of fun, useful, no bullshit classes, will make big money right out of school
>>
>>140202666
Labour/construction is out. You won't get it, it's a closed shop and the paperwork alone will put you out of pocket.

Nights, in a warehouse, will sort you out. The Chinese will take you on. Exercise a bit of caution though and make sure they're at least somewhat reputable. You'll want the one that's been there the longest. They're shit to work for at times but you know you'll get paid the right amount every month and there's no bullshit.

If you're fit consider the Army Reserves. First year will put a few thousand in your bank account and it'll go up every year after that. There's some good units in London. 3 MI, HAC, London Regiment, 4 PARA, 21 SAS.
>>
>>140177943
Nat soc state when plz?
>>
>>140177943
Totally agree with the part about life - marriage is a scame. Living minimalistically is the only real way out of the rat race, and kids are a net drain.

About kids, do NOT expect them to come visit you once you get old...they will be fucked even more than we currently are.
>>
>>140202666
I've looked at clean up jobs on construction sites and honestly its a pain to get into and the pay is shit too.
>>140202940
>Actuary
>freelance in the City or hit Singapore and Hong Kong as a multinational employee
This sounds like a dream job for me.
>>140203172
I think the Army Reserves is my best bet. Thank anon
>>
>>140199961
>aim to work with the top firm or top people in that area, especially while you're young
Shit, looks like its going to be a tough road. I'm already having time getting into engineering and have move around in construction management tier stuff. Well I guess I just to try my best with what I can take.
>>
>>140203467
You need the right degrees with very high marks and be prepared to work 100+ hours/week. This of course on TOP of the exams for be an actuary if you are from UK/Country that uses american or English exam system.

Too much work for me, I am a lazy person. If you can do it, kudos to you man
>>
>>140163636
Is truck driving really a dying career? I want to know so I can expect to jump ship in the next couple years.
>>
>>140203700
Dunno in America, but over here there are talks about legislation to allow companies to make use of self-driving trucks within the next 5 years. Maybe in America is different, but over here that career is pretty much dying.

>Relying on Internet/TV for news, dunno the specifics, sorry.
>>
>>140203604
The moving around and working in London, Singapore and Hong-Kong alike while earning good pay is my dream come true, I'm gonna fully invest in this anon. Would it be smarter to do BSc in Actuarial science or is a masters preferred from your experience. I'm looking to apply for LSE and thinking of taking their BSc Actuarial science course and moving to MSc in Quantitative Methods for Risk Management.
>>
>>140203467
Look into MI. Forget about what it says on the website (don't worry about residency), if they like you they like you and if you pass the weird tests you're in. I will not get into why on a public forum but it can be very, very lucrative and advantageous. The contacts alone are miles better than what any other 19 year old will get.

Be prepared to jump through some hoops. Miles better than the OTC. First year you'll have about £3000 in the bank, tax free. Not bad for four weeks playing in the mud and some Tuesday evenings. Downsides include it being incredibly odd and a genuine nutter magnet.

http://www.army.mod.uk/intelligence/32263.aspx
>>
Studied film and media at university because i wanted to make films. Now i realise that its 1. Really fycking hard to get into. 2. Not really what i want to do if i did.

In the process of joining in millitary to become a UAV pilot because thats going to be a big industry in the future. What does /pol/ think? Advice?
>>
>>140203930
Oddly enough, the unit I linked you is casually known as the PWC Rifles for reasons that will become obvious if you join.

If you are mega fit try 21 or 4 PARA, but 3 will have genuine benefits to you regardless of what career you pursue.
>>
>>140203930
I prefer to rely on info from friends that actually went and managed to do it rather than info from the web (just to clarify if some of what I advise seems strange).

It works differently if you come to the UK from the Continental system (aka what I described - it is more or less the same all around the continental EU) or start over there directly.

From the UK itself - start small. Employers PAY for your exams and give you time to study (aka paid leave). Having said that it really depends where you end up working.

Get a B.Sc. in Actuarial Science if possible now and a Master later in your career (it really helps to advance from what I saw for some older buddies oversea). Get around 2 exams done by graduation and get at least 1-2 internships during the study period. This should be a good start.

Consider that it will take around 8 years to become a fully qualified actuary, and count an extra 4/5 to get the necessary contacts and experience to enter the top levels I mentioned.

If you start at 18, count that you will have everything lined up by 35 give or take. If you start older or you do not have an high enough GPA/enough contacts/whatever, do NOT despair. Actuarial Science is frankly the only very high paying career that does not care about your age. I know a guy that switched from working for retail to actuary at the ripe age of 45.

Moral of the story - if you are old you will not get that top level dream job, but after some years you will rack up a 6 figure salary.
>>
>>140203994
>>140204211
Thanks mate, I've went with 3MI and hope I can jump on this train, sounds fuck ton more interesting anyway than receptionist/cleaning. Really hope I can jump on this train.
>>
>>140173409
Move on bra no sparkie work in WA chippys were its at
>>
>>140197600
commerce student with an economics major just about to graduate griffith here

Is there any hope of me sending you my cover letter and resume so i can skip the whole testing process? I've studied abroad twice with the university if that helps..i have a few other extra curricular activities at griffith too if that helps. I've got a 6.00 GPA! :)
>>
File: 1504511552839m.jpg (140KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1504511552839m.jpg
140KB, 1024x684px
> 22 yo
> army 5 years, about to get out
> learned Arabic, have associates in Arabic
> a year away from earning a BA in intl affairs from a good online program, will finish a half year after I get out

What should I do for my masters, when I can use the GI Bill? I've unironically thought about Islamic studies, but I think I might want to do something practical for society.
>>
No diploma whatsoever, 60k per year, a company vehicle, great benefits and I run a crew of Mexicans who have to kiss my ass.
Feels good man.
>>
>>140205213
>No diploma whatsoever, 60k per year, a company vehicle, great benefits and I run a crew of Mexicans who have to kiss my ass.
>Feels good man.
kek

good for you, anon
>>
>>140205151
Omg this is gonna sound crazy but the guy I shared an office with when I first started out spoke Arabic fluently and was in the army during Iraq at the beginning, I remember he learned Arabic for a year in Cali and then went over when Iraq started, he said he did interrogations and had a couple awesome stories, we were very close
>>
File: 7cef.jpg (317KB, 728x1188px) Image search: [Google]
7cef.jpg
317KB, 728x1188px
>>140183954
Talk to your bank and ask if they have some kind of fund management program that is willing to invest your money 401k-style. It's never guaranteed though. Could lose money, just like the stock market.

>>140179911
Horrible attitude dude. No one in the country is happy with the way their tax money is spent. The point is to go out and get yours and spend your own money on the things you want. In my case, it's electronics, anime figures, and tasty food. That, or turn your anger into a book and get money that way.

I've been a project manager for about 8 years with an EE degree. I only make about $80k, but it's enough for me to be comfortable since I'm eternally single. My biggest advice to young people is be ready to move where the work is if you want decent money. It's not at all as traumatic as you might think to move hundreds of miles away from your friends and family. Also, I lost like $30k on the first house I bought because of niggers and their heroin driving down value. Wouldn't have happened if I had just went somewhere with less niggers.
>>
>>140205151
Go into fossil fuels, the Arabic will go over insanely well in that field and you'll make bank, due to GI bill you can literally get a Masters in Petroleum Sciences while having your life taken care of during the process, you've got made brother GODSPEED
>>
>25
>M.A. in Sinology, B.S. in International Affairs, B.A. in Chinese Language
>Have internship experience
>Applying to jobs like crazy
>Still not sure if I'll actually get anything

I've applied to a bunch of government agencies and bureaus, especially those which deal in International Relations. For private sector, I've applied to the think tanks that I agree with the most. I'm not sure what to do next. Is anyone here in the risk management sector? That would be interesting to get into.
>>
26 and on my 3rd year of school trying getting my BA in Education. My goal is to spend my life traveling around Asia teaching and impregnating as many qt's as possible.

Not even posting this ironically. How feasible is my plan? I understand there's a big demand for quality English teachers.
>>
>>140163636
Economics anon here. Been doing bachelor with on amd off. Learned more about econ on my own than in class but some classes were crucial. The rest was bullshit I improved on myself. Not sure whether worth completing or not. Having my own econ related thesis. Comes only in masters anw. Was able to argue with PhD studs about topics. Feels like they know shit which is weird. Like all they know is what was told in class. What do? What working prospects? Living in EU. Holidays here atm.
>>
>Work in hospital Nurse support
>Work 7 on 7 off
>Get paid a livable wage
>Work 8pm - 6am
>Never do Shit on the night shift
>Get paid to shit post on 4chan and watch Hulu for 10 hours

Have fun at your 9-5.
>>
File: latinaup.jpg (53KB, 709x709px) Image search: [Google]
latinaup.jpg
53KB, 709x709px
>>140206157
Notice me senpai!
>>
>>140201913
I'm well aware of the implications. Im not operating equipment. If I get hurt and can stand, I'll just call a pill merchant for a perc30 as I don't have hundreds of dollars for medical treatment. That has happened on several occasions. Blame management for not hiring anyone just to increase their quarterly bonuses. It all started when some dishonest manager claimed I had different hours than what I had written down via the time clock, which was bullshit. It was all real wake up call to the fact that they really don't give a shit unless the work is done.

It's been about 9 years since that occurred. I've probably have thousands of hours of unpaid time, but since I have no accolades or anyone to rely on, this is the fate I'm given and probably will be that way until I collapse and die at work one night.
>>
>>140206007
That's essentially what I do, albeit in quite a narrow and specialist sense.

You've got the right quals. Your problem is that you're shooting after jobs that get thousands of applicants. My advice would be to avoid places that do that as their industry and go after departments in larger businesses. A small, in house team is a better bet.

With government work, anywhere will do. Really, as long as it's full time. You can then apply for internal positions. There will be something. Get the clearances (the USA is a bit looser than the UK with who keeps and holds clearances) and go elsewhere.
>>
>>140165749
Can still do trades. Just stop smoking weed a month before getting hired. My friend is a cnc machinist and smokes weed nonstop
>>
>>140206072
My friend teaches English in Japan. It could just be him, but he barely gets enough money to survive. He often has to work as a waiter part-time to get by.
>>
>>140205954
Arabic isn't necessary. Anyone who has Arabic as a first language will speak English well enough to deal with you. You're going to be working with English speakers at all times, Arabic is pointless for the oil industry.
>>
>>140172356
Depends on your personal skills. If you can handle fast pace, fast smart decisions, organization- manager. If youre better at taking time on one project while being a perfectionist than trade
>>
>>140183954
>>140191365
Because you're still young you can take a pretty high-risk profile when investing since you have more than enough time to recover were you to take a big hit. Put a high portion (60-75%) in stocks, just get low cost index trackers for major stock exchanges. DON'T pay some faggot to actively trade for you, costs are insane and you're just paying for his Maserati and cocaine addiction. Historically you'll also want a portion (10-20%) in bonds for stability, problem is those really don't make a profit anymore. Then some (5% tops) in physical gold and silver, don't get 'paper' metals from shit like COMEX because that completely defeats the purpose. Then some basic foreign currency, Pounds, Euro's, Dollars, Yen. Throw in some Bitcoin if you're into that stuff.
In a couple of years you can throw in some real estate, wait for prices to crash first so you're not the one holding the hot potato once the bubble bursts. If you wan't to go full-jew start some small businesses that produce passive income.
>>
>>140206072
You should make sure to check out if your town has a sister city in Asia or something. (A lot of those kinds of things got established after WWII.) If it does, then that makes it much easier to get a job in Asia, and once you have that job, you can put that on your resume.
>>
>>140206533
I don't want to be in Japan. I've been learning Mandarin for 3 years and tutored in Taiwan for 3 months (under the table pay) and it was like a dream. I'd prefer staying there or mainland China.
>>
>>140206493
Thanks for the advice. I think I will go after departments in larger businesses for now. It wasn't my first choice. A government job that comes complete with good training/benefits and a security clearance would be preferable, but I might have to work my way up to getting one that is decent to begin with, and that takes more experience.

How do you like your work? What kind of company do you work for? Is the pay good?
>>
File: 1501722425674.jpg (68KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
1501722425674.jpg
68KB, 750x553px
Guys I suck. I weigh 130lbs I'm 5'8. I'm really scrawny. I work full time and I've been supporting myself 100% for the past 3 years. I rent a back house. I eat Carl's Jr burgers everyday, I've never had a drivers license, but I do have a motorcycle but I had some complications with getting the license but I drive anyways (insured too). All I do is work sleep and smoke weed I feel like blowing my head off. I did start going to the gym but I was too self conscious to keep going, I have crippling social anxiety. I don't even go grocery shopping because of this, if I'm buying something and there's a line longer than 3 people you can forget about it. I just want to be normal again. How can I fix myself without going to the gym? Grocery shopping I'll force myself to do it, at my house I have some 20lb dumbbells and a pull up bar. Also all I drink is water and beer. And this isn't about improving myself to get women, I already fuck sluts regularly and I had a gf I used to live with for 2 years,.I just don't want to be shitty anymore it's depressing.. I'm 24 by the way, never gone to college..
>>
>NEET
>bad anxiety
>drop out of everything I do

I'd join the army but I'm not sure if they'd want a hermit sperg.
>>
>>140206870
Clearances don't require working up for. You, or your employer/sponsor, apply for it and it's then granted with restrictions or rejected. You don't need to hold a lower level to apply for a higher level aside from in some obscure instances that don't really apply.

I love my work. I own my own business.
>>
>>140206931
Do the Navy and get a cozy IT position. Everyone you'll be working with will be a vidya addicted former NEET. Assuming you can get an 80+ ASVAB.
>>
IT major hoping to become a Network Admin once I finish my BA. Big mistake?
>>
>>140163636
I want to work in game development, am i wrong to pursue this kind of career? I have no problems hiding my power level, i already work in a 99% liberal office.
>>
>>140207037
Also I should say I was separated in basic training for an anxiety disorder. If you go in the military, make sure you spend 6 months mentally preparing and really put your soul into it. Take everything as seriously as possible.
>>
>>140196208
>Inglet
>brainwashed to give up comfy starting position, and instead study how it's all the nazis fault

Dunno Inglet, maybe museum curator? I'd gtfo and start over. You'll want to kys when you meet your liberal colleagues.
>>
>>140206624
I'm sure our guys who have tons of people stationed over in SA prefer to have a guy there who can pick up on all the side convos etc. in Arabic, I actually guarantee it considering our oil companies are the largest companies in the world they operate on planes much higher than face value, companies that large have entire Intel divisions
>>
>>140207177
>am I wrong to pursue this kind of career
Consider that only 4% of video games that go into production end up making a profit and many of those that do are already existing titles.

>>140207037
>>140207354
I'll have to prepare myself before signing up then, thanks anon.
>>
Learn how to build shit. Don't be afraid of heights and be excellent at it.
Worked for me.
>>
>>140206803
>Look up Phoenix sister cities
>Its fucking Taipei
Jesus Christ. Its like a sign. Thanks anon.
>>
File: IMG_0809.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0809.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>been in the Navy 11 years
>got BS in Public Safety Administration for free thanks to military TA and FAFSA
>have commissioning package submitted and am waiting to hear something
>plan on retiring at 20 as an officer
>strongly consider getting Masters in Information Technology with specialization in Homeland Security Administration
>plan to work for ICE or Border Patrol as mid-high level management as a post-retirement career
I feel like I should have more to plan for contingencies though. Like if I don't get accepted into the officer community or can't pick up rank.
Currently I'm pursuing certification in
>CompTIA Security +
Any suggestions?
>>
>>140163636
Accounting is pretty good, albeit a bit boring. I graduated with pretty average marks (too much drinking) and found an alright job in industry within a month and a half. This is in Australia. I'll be starting my CA next year.

People say it'll be an automated industry. I can see it but there's a heap of the job people will still need to do.

Honestly, Big 4 is shit hours. Industry is pretty comfy.
>>
>>140208451
It seems like a large percentage of women are going into accounting though. I believe CPA's are majority female now.
>>
>>140206533
Teaching English is a shit job. Used to be better, but the market's been flooded by people who want to travel, especially in the summer.
>>
>>140208811
If believe that. My classes were majority female. My workplace isn't though. Except the obvious departments like HR. The top is still pretty male dominated, and a ton of autists who just like numbers. As long as your competent (which seems to be a big ask) it seems a pretty comfy ride to the top.
>>
>>140173409
>Electrical is the most over saturated trade field
Good to know

>>140174911
Also good info. Plumbing seems like a good idea because it's something that no one wants to get into because it's literally shitty.

Anyone know what percent of your work as a plumbers is dealing with shitty situations?
>>
Turning 31 next week.
Got a job at a bank when I was 25, been there since. Thinking of moving laterally, (means, to a different employers, same field, always for more money).

I got a BS in uselessness and have worked several dozen different jobs. My advice is simple, work and work on yourself everyday. It is true that connections are more important than skill. Skill is valuable, of course, because with no skill you are unemployable. Sales is a good start.

As for education, if you do not know what you want to do but have to go to school, go for accounting. Math is fun and useful for systematic thinking and accounting is a skill everyone uses for the rest of their life. Always be social and pursue every pay raise. If a job looks too hard take it anyway. What you learn will set you apart. Read everyday in every direction, only for an hour or two a day. Don't try the CEO "two books a day" stuff, that's a pipe dream.
You've heard it before, be positive. Most normies are happy because they are ignorant by choice or laziness. Most normies end up being at least comfortable if they stay hard-working and positive. Hard work is not smart work, but a smart worker always works hard. Gen X'ers are work hard play hard and this mindset gives them a huge advantage to make money because they "need it.". Be able to live on nothing but work for more money.

Remember to stay social or you'll end up at a job you don't like.
>>
>>140180542
What sort of stuff do you do as a handyman? Like, painting and stuff? Seems like a lot of job you'd need to have a certificate of some sort, like electrician etc.
>>
>>140180681
Teaching English is a terrible job. Don't do it. You'll severely regret it.
>>
File: 1489348196959.png (30KB, 657x624px) Image search: [Google]
1489348196959.png
30KB, 657x624px
>>140199333
>>
>>140209815
>As for education, if you do not know what you want to do but have to go to school, go for accounting. Math is fun and useful
But what if I'm VERY bad at math?
>>
>>140184360
I know a guy who works in that and he didn't even study cs. He does know the stuff and how to code, though. Stats are more important than the cs.
>>
>>140210309
Then, unless you want/are willing to go in the trades, you are fucked.

ALL decent paying jobs that are not related to the trades 8and even some of these) involve math...Accounting is simply an "easier" path if you do not know what you want to do specifically.
>>
File: 1504153633004.jpg (59KB, 552x522px) Image search: [Google]
1504153633004.jpg
59KB, 552x522px
>>140210735
So i'm cucked either way? Great.
>>
Get into the international school racket.

It's easy to get into the ground floor. Just go the TEFL route. Take your worthless meme degree, pay for and complete a CELTA, and move your ass to Asia. You will instantly be between middle class and wealthy depending on the country of your choice. Bonus perk is the free high end Asian pussy just waiting for your White cocks to fill...assuming you aren't a hideous omega male or old as fuck.

From that point take a post-graduate in education online while working and get yourself an American teaching license (some states only require you to pass a few exams without finishing an actual teacher educator course).

Congrats! With your post grad and teaching license in hand you are now head and shoulders over the other 90+% lazy degenerates that are still teaching the spoiled brats at The Happy Giraffe for 1500-2000k per month. Instead you will be making more than double while working half as much teaching sheltered rich kids.

Sheltered rich kids whose parents paid in excess of 20k per year for the pure privilege of being taught by such a well qualified individual such as yourself.

I made 45k after tax last year and managed to save 30k of it. All while living an upper middle class lifestyle, fucking Asian bitches, and having roughly 3 months of paid holidays a year.

What are you NEETs doing with your life? Swallow the yellow pill!
>>
>>140211347
You're still young I take it? Just don't end up working retail when you're pushing 40.
>>
>>140211347
Sorry dude but it really boils down to 3 choices if you want a good life in this sucktastick economy:

> STEM/Actuary/Statistics etc...some good major not flooded by libtards and idiots.
> Entrepreneurship if you got a decent idea(s)
> Trades that are not flooded.

All the other are at best a pipe dream, at worst a scam. WE don't live in the 50s no more.
>>
>>140193847
All the apprenticeship applications I'm seeing want you to already have experience. This makes sense, but do you have to have it? How do you get it in the first place? Thinking of HVAC.
>>
>>140196107
Don't do Law School, it was invaded by narcissists who joined for the "status" rather than the pay. You'll be working with losers doing shit work if you find a job at all.
>>
>>140212076
HVAC anon here.
Do it.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.