[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the actual arguments against universal healthcare?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: HealthcareCostsByCountry.jpg (102KB, 718x529px) Image search: [Google]
HealthcareCostsByCountry.jpg
102KB, 718x529px
>>
File: 1503630137468.png (64KB, 588x469px) Image search: [Google]
1503630137468.png
64KB, 588x469px
>>140149348

'Health' is a state of mind.
>>
Healthy at every size.
>>
fatties who bring it upon themselves should pay more than people who keep themselves healthy
>>
>>140149924
How about people with cancer who can't afford treatment? Or the uninsured family man who lost he's job and his kid needs an expensive treatment for something. Just giving examples.
>>
>>140149348
Not so much an argument against it, but a competitive and expensive healthcare system leads to better advancements and breakthroughs. The only reason Scandinavia and Canada can have decent universal healthcare is by relying on US tech. Yeah, it's shitty if you're an uninsured American, but the rest of us piggyback off the profit.
>>
>>140150266
>people with cancer who can't afford treatment
Sucks to be them.

>Or the uninsured family man who lost he's job and his kid needs an expensive treatment for something
>having kids without insurance
>>
>>140149924
>fatties who bring it upon themselves should pay more than people who keep themselves healthy
So you as a healthy person are willing to personally pay more so that fat people also have to pay more?
That's really what the US system comes down to, paying more so others also have to pay more.
>>
>>140150628
Sucks to be them is not an argument. Him losing his job also implies loss of insurance by the job it provided. Let's just believe that hypothetically he couldn't get insurance by corporation in time due to lack of funds. What then. Please provide good examples beyond fuck you I got mine.
>>
>>140150408
>Not so much an argument against it, but a competitive and expensive healthcare system leads to better advancements and breakthroughs. The only reason Scandinavia and Canada can have decent universal healthcare is by relying on US tech. Yeah, it's shitty if you're an uninsured American, but the rest of us piggyback off the profit.

And when the US system piggybacks off a development from Japan, or Germany?
The US actually covers about as many advances as you would expect given GDP, and vastly less than healthcare spending as a part of GDP.

The US healthcare system also kills accidentally between 250,000 and 600,000 people a year. Making US healthcare the third leading cause of death in the US.
>>
The US healthcare system is funding all the R&D. Other countries have changed their laws to leech off the US.
>>
>>140151275
Nice to see you believe the propaganda put forward by the US healthcare industry. Have you personally ever looked into the numbers?
>>
>>140150266
Who with cancer isn't getting treatment ? If you don't have money you get medicaid. Maybe if you're a working class person who now can't afford your health insurance premium because of Obamacare...
>>
I don't wanna pay for other people's shit, unless it's charity.
/thread
>>
>>140149348
Those who are unable to pay for their own healthcare are also not likely to be carrying their weight in society. They are obviously leeches, and forcing the rest of us to pay to keep leeches alive to continue mooching off of us. We need to let nature take its course. We need to let the unfit die off, and thereby strengthen the herd. Forced taxpayer subsidization of reverse Darwinism is just about the worst idea possible.
>>
I'm not against the USA having a baseline level of universal healthcare that covers a couple of doctors visits, a couple of dentists visits and absolute emergency care. Nobody should be billed $400k for a single event that may be completely out of their control (say an accident that requires immediate brain surgery). However, anything beyond this should be covered out of pocket with the option of buying private health insurance plans.
>>
>>140149348
Eugenics: niggers who can't afford to save their own lives don't deserve to live.
>>
>>140149348
government involvement keeps prices artificially high, and prevents the market from doing it's job
>>
Niggers, spics, and fat retards. Waste of money. Also it's a good weeder of shit individuals, now fuck off you dirty Commie
>>
File: 1446238762095.jpg (53KB, 500x375px)
1446238762095.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>140150628

>Sucks to be them
>>
>>140149348
it comes down to rednecks hating on anyone who needs gibs, who at the same time have literally no problem with the entire military being welfare queens who are fed, clothed, housed, provided healthcare and are paid by their tax dollars.

fuck rednecks. you're the biggest gibs takers of all.
>>
>>140151185
> The US healthcare system also kills accidentally between 250,000 and 600,000 people a year. Making US healthcare the third leading cause of death in the US.
This is what happens when the interests of the patient (customer) are not aligned with the interests of the provider. Financially they do better if you get sicker. When most Americans discuss healthcare (a service) they are actually talking about health insurance (a financial product). This confusion leads to all sorts of fucked-up outcomes including the above.
>>
>>140149348
the niggers, pablos, libtards and sandniggers in your country break the system
>>
The Veteran's Administration.That's our one up and running Single Payer system. And it kills people like Auschwitz.
>>
>>140149348
So more niggers and degenerates die
>>
>>140151564
Me too. Especially k-12 school, military, freeways, fire dept, police.
>>
File: 1503147624241.jpg (51KB, 496x429px) Image search: [Google]
1503147624241.jpg
51KB, 496x429px
Something something something private markets with with far more efficient, random gibberish her each person has different needs, bla bla bla monopolies held up by the state price gouging the ever-living fuck out of you in the US... I dunno.
>>
>>140154607
That ignores a lot of the complexities of the economic situation, specifically with healthcare, where you have massive information asymmetry, stuff like price gouging, etc. Read into Kenneth Arrow and his arguments for why a single-payer system is generally the best/most efficient type of market for healthcare.
http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/82/2/PHCBP.pdf
https://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/25/why-markets-cant-cure-healthcare/
http://pnhp.org/blog/2016/03/16/kenneth-arrow-says-single-payer-is-better-than-any-other-system/
>>
>>140149348
My tax dollars shouldn't help anyone else
>>
>>140154831
Just perusing the timeline on the way home from work, not an actual answer. Don't worry, I'm not that dense. Traffic fucking sucks right now.
>>
>>140149348
You end up in a situation where you can't tell fatties and druggeis to fuck off when they demand expensive treatments for their bad life choices
>>
>>140151121
Life has moments of bad luck. That doesn't mean I have to subsidize the solution to someone else's misfortune.
>>
>>140154363
>k-12 school
People should pay for their own kids. I didn't have any because of the cost. I couldn't afford it because I was too busy paying for other people's kids. Support your own children.
>>
>>140151185
Health care is deadlier than lack of health are at this point.

I think the waiting / cost rationing in socialized systems is an accidental good since it prevents a lot of blundering intervention.
>>
universal health care is a huge magnet for third world immigration
>>
>>140149348
Healthcare is not a right.
>>
>>140151121
>Sucks to be them is not an argument

Neither is "we need to subsidize 100% of all conceivable human suffering or else youre a biggit."
>>
>>140149348
because the government will get to decide what healthcare you get. imagine your typical DMV clerk telling you which doctor you can go to and which surgeries will be subsidized. then add long wait times for care - look at NHS horror stories from the UK
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.