[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The English language

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: UK-Union-Flag.png (24KB, 440x280px) Image search: [Google]
UK-Union-Flag.png
24KB, 440x280px
Work 38 hours a week mainly with chinks, pajeets and pinoys. They all talk to each other in broken English and the only way to communicate with them is to join in.

Is this the future of the Anglosphere where we all end up sounding like retards just so we can understand each other?

I spend so much time speaking in broken English now I hardly even think properly anymore.
>>
>>140141866
it's called globish
>>
File: bbc pidgin.png (584KB, 677x654px) Image search: [Google]
bbc pidgin.png
584KB, 677x654px
BBC's got you covered brah!!
>>
>>140141866
It's the outcome I wrote in great detail about during college so I'm partly happy that I'm being proven correct but I'm mostly dismayed at the absolute state of it all. The decline of prescriptivism is having fairly obvious results, just the like the decline of so many other conservative ideas and institutions, in the face of multiculturalism.
>>
Your lucky they try to speak english. And not just their own languages, and you not understanding jack shit.
>>
>>140141866
You know they can understand you, right? Passive knowledge FAR EXCEEDS active knowledge. They are fucking relying on you to learn correct English and you're going full Melbs on me and speaking to them in their own language and fucking up everything! You know our country has no official language? You know they will write laws in your gook jargon if you're not fucking careful?

Seriously poor form. and don't even dare tell me they belittle you for your dialect, your language is who you are and they are moulding you like plasticine. You're weak as piss mate.
>>
>>140142401
Please tell me that is satire
>>
>>140141866
The thing is, when it comes to Indians and other immigrants I'v met, they always speak fluent English, their parents might not which is understandable as long as their children bridge the integration gap. But it's always children from Muslim families that struggle with English while their non-Islamic counterparts always get it easily.
>>
>>140142597
If only. Reality has become distinguishable from satire.A decade ago I'd be laughing my arse off if somebody told me we'd be having serious political discussion about whether a girl can have a penis.
>>
You're right, I have to set a proper example.

They won't learn if I keep joining in for the sake of making things easier in the moment.
>>
>>140142851
BBC tax dollars hard at work
>>
Doing a massive pooper right now lads
>>
>>140142597
No it's the end result of your behavour.
http://wantokniuspepa.com/
Enjoy.
>>
>>140142746
Maybe they learnt American or British English in their home countries, come to Australia and can't understand what is going on because of the accent. Maybe I am the retard.
>>
>>140143915
Then they didn't really plan to come here. Australia is they "poor man's choice". They should be treated without rights because they are not really ethnic citizens, but abusers of globalist policy.
>>
>>140141866
English is broken German. Due to Viking invasions, the English ended up having a significant reduction in their grammar so they could communicate with the Danes. The pronoun "they" is an excellent example of this degeneration. The verb "are" is another example of this degeneration (German uses "sind"). English lost the prefix ge-, changed its word order, and replaced a good amount of words due to this degeneration.
>>
File: Australia vs England.png (48KB, 829x1387px) Image search: [Google]
Australia vs England.png
48KB, 829x1387px
>>140141866

I didn't realize proper grammar was such a high priority in a penal colony.
>>
>>140144158
their*

ugh. I'm going to bed.
>>
File: y6fxy.jpg (85KB, 805x648px) Image search: [Google]
y6fxy.jpg
85KB, 805x648px
>>140144213
It's German 2.0, German remastered. ;)
>>
>>140144213
So to germans I am a pajeet?
>>
>>140141866
>Is this the future of the Anglosphere where we all end up sounding like retards just so we can understand each other?
Yes, enjoy your diversity.
>>
>>140144281
Start out as a convict colony and still end up better quality of life than mother country.

I guess I should be thankful that imigrants try to speak English and don't try to make more and more people learn spainish.
>>
>>140145411
R.i.p white Australia policy.
>>
>>140141866
Do Australians speak English? I thought your Emu overlords banned it.
>>
2020 BBC releases an Australia Pidgen edition
>>
>>140143015
Standards dropped when the Queen's English stopped being a strict requirement for all radio and television broadcasters.
>>
>>140146004
Even after the great defeat we still have secret out back meetings where we speak her majesty's tongue in the hope one day we will return to liberate us from emu tyranny.
>>
>>140146603
We pray for her majesty's return.
>>
>>140146206
With the kind of regressive shit I see on ABC as it is it will be sooner than that.
>>
>>140144281
>>140145658
Top kek and yes at least they're speaking English. I speak Spanish, so it's not a huge issue personally, but it's still annoying as fuck that people don't bother to assimilate. My hometown is pure white America and the town next to it has become half little Mexico where they only speak Spanish in their venues and look at you funny for being white/non-hispanic. As a consolation, at least, they hate niggers, and I never see nigs around there.
>>
>>140148679
I mean I dunno are you alpha if you move to another country refuse to give up your old ways, refuse to learn the language beyond the basics and just take all the money you can get from the western cucks.

Seeing as a significant amount of younger Australians either think we don't have a culture or if they do it is a source of shame.
If a people don't care about their own language and culture why should foriegners?
>>
>work in factory
>supervisor is black Caribbean dude. Not sure what island.
>he mumbles and speaks in an accent
>whenever he says something to me I DONT UNDERSTAND.
>mumble mumble
>U wot m8?
>mumble mumble
>*pull ear plugs out* Eh¡¿
>dindu shakes his head
>get called into HR
>so and so says you keep intentionally pretending not to understand him
>u wot m8!? I swear on me mum i cant understand him
>anon...racism is not okay.
>dafuq
>>
>>140150289
But wouldn't you do even better if you can communicate with both groups? I speak several languages and learn small amounts of any language that I encounter. Even if it's just hello, please and thank you in Korean or whatever. I tell Germans Willkommen and Ich Liebe Dich/Deutschland (not sure of spelling) to be funny, and they love it. I think it's more alpha to at least communicate to the point that it makes patrons happy and comfortable.
>>
>>140150289
>>140150734
I also make it a point to learn numbers in romance languages plus some asian languages, because it's very helpful for transactions. Again it makes people happy and want to come back or buy more.
>>
>>140141866
aboo doo abo ago bix nood
>>
>>140150688
Only a matter of time before the same happens to me.
90% of the time I just have to smile and nod at my supervisor.
>>
>>140151641
I try and joke around with him. "Eh m8 how was your weekend *punch in the arm*"

He usually looks uncomfortable. Not used to typical white banter and brotalk.
>>
>>140151873
Yeah nah not even joking the greatest loss of all will be the loss of Australian banter.
>>
>>140150825
Yeah you are probably right. I will do my best to meet them halfway.

They're probably in the same boat as me and because all they hear is broken english they aren't going to improve and probably don't have access to a native speaker outside of work.

I'll stop dumbing down my speech and bringing shame to my fellow anglos.
I'll assimilate them one way or another.
>>
>>140141866
>penal colony
>penal

u r being penal again u badboi
>>
File: 1502435711424.jpg (66KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
1502435711424.jpg
66KB, 419x249px
>>140154654
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.