[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 17

File: God.jpg (24KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
24KB, 1200x680px
Admit it Atheists. It's not that you don't believe in God, rather than you hate his guts and want to join Satan to fight your own creator. How do I know this? Look at all the sacrilegious you have said about God. It's as if you like to find origins of good and evil, even though you don't believe in such things. Anyone with a brain knows that there is such a thing as good and evil. If you think about it, our sense of good and evil needs an origin. Things just don't get created out of nowhere. Unfortunately for you Atheists, your demented minds of what's good and evil is what is going to lead to your demise, because it's illogical to think you're better and more powerful than your own creator.
>>
>>140125781
God is Everything and nothing. Infinity. God isn't an entity.
>>
File: 1501970289235.png (717KB, 1352x930px) Image search: [Google]
1501970289235.png
717KB, 1352x930px
For God gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. Matthew 5:45
Jesus said, “God is inside you and all around you.”

God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
2 Timothy 3:16

God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It’s as simple as that.
-Joseph Campbell
>>
>>140126191
Yes, it is true that God is in everything, but evil exists in us as well and opposes God. Evil unfortunately is in our nature, and if we don't redeem ourselves via faith and asking for salvation, we will have to be punished the hard way in hell.
>>
>>140125952
God is a being that exists outside of time and space. Everything that is perfect is perfect in his name. God may be infinity, but God is still an entity. If he wasn't, then there will be no bible.
>>
>>140125781
*sacrilegious things you have said*
>>
>>140126962
Good and evil keeps us in Duality we need to remove ourselves from this dualistic based life.
>>
Love is all you need....Seriously.
>>
>>140127914
Then how come good brings people together and evil doesn't? Good and evil are two separate beings.
>>
>>140127951
The source of love is goodness.
>>
>>140125781
I was an atheist for 22 years and by the grace of God and glory of Christ Jesus have been broight back into the light, can comfirm this 100%.
>>
>>140128210
You can't have "good" or know what "Good" is without evil.
>>
you murifats are a circus.
>>
>>140125781
I just use God as someone to love when things are going good and hate when things aren't. It lets me be lazy and shed responsibility.
>>
File: 1504466435215-pol.gif (916KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1504466435215-pol.gif
916KB, 500x284px
>>140125781
Religion is a claim with no evidence and lots of fluff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y201QzDdzbg

>le Atheist just want to sin
https://wwe.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqLtbw0rlM
>>
God has sadly abandoned humanity. 2000 years of no contact has left us fucked.

We are soon going to be hate banged by Lucifer. Then those who dont bend the knee to God (after being ignored by him) are going to be hate banged by God (cast into the lake of fire).

God has no thought for us and does not give 2 shits. Point and case; the state of the world. He does not uphold any of his promises to us in the Bible.
>>
Isaiah 45 7
Isaiah 46 10
Ephesians 1 11
>>
>>140127452
How about the vedas? My point is anybody can write a book and claim it's divine insight. I like this guy >>140125952 defintion of god better. God is no entity.
>>
>>140125781
No evidence? No reason to believe you.

Sorry, but some people aren't fooled by the oldest trick in the book - the con where you're offered everything and will get nothing.
>>
God is a massive fucking dick in the ass of humanity
>>
File: 1503963843614-pol.jpg (121KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1503963843614-pol.jpg
121KB, 682x1023px
Do atheist hate God?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wguAQHWVcZY
Yes... Yes we do... but not for the reasons you might think.
>>
>>140129468
exactly and it takes a special type of fag to enjoy an imaginary dick in your ass.
>>
>>140125781
Can't tell if larping or serious, sadly.

I guess that's /pol/ for you.
>>
>>140129384
Has the power to feed everyone.
>Lets millions starve.

Has the power to bring the world to peace.
>Lets countless millions die in wars

Has the power to make a fair, righteous world.
>Lets bad people rule over the world.

Has the power to cure all diseases
>Lets countless millions die to them - including children.

God has never loved humanity.
>>
>>140128434
"atheist"

No, a real atheist would never go back.

You just hadn't found religion yet.
>>
>>140130061
Bless you, anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170903-162026.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170903-162026.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Fuck off. Theology is poison for the masses.
>>
>>140130591
So many larpers here
>>
>>140125781
I've almost never found an atheist who knows what God is supposed to be (always le magic man in the sky) or who has an intellectual reason for their argument.

It's almost always an emotional reason and then they try to justify their position with (shitty, and failing) """intellectual""" arguments.

It often seems to be a rejection of mommy and/or daddy.
>>
>>140125781
You can't hate something that is not real
>>
>>140131404
We don't have to justify our position other than telling you that you haven't even remotely met your burden of proof.

Get a grip and understand the arguments against your side instead of pretending to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>140125781
>Things just don't get created out of nowhere.
Unless its space magic.
>>
File: 1454480680071.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1454480680071.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
>Hold no spiritual beliefs
>Was not raised Christian/none of my peers are Christian
>Finally hear what Christianity teaches/is all about
>It's as believable as Santa Claus

Idk OP, that's just the way it is. I don't really hate, but see no reason to believe in that stuff
>>
>>140125781

This bait is getting weaker and weaker.
>>
>>140125781
Athiests don't believe in god or the devil. They don't believe in faith related characters
>>
>>140131708
I used to be an atheist so I'm fully aware. There are arguments for theism. Sadly most continuing atheists just ignore them, make a definition of evidence so impossible that it can't be fulfilled, or stay an atheist for emotional reasons.

If you actually wanted evidence, you would have looked to know your claim is bullshit.
>>
>>140132239
Santa Claus:
>eternal, immortal father figure
>watches over you 24/7 and evaluates your moral character
>will give you gifts if you behave
God:
>eternal, immortal father figure
>watches over you 24/7 and evaluates your moral character
>will give you immortality if you behave
>can tell you to kill your kids to prove your faith in him
wtf i hate god now
>>
>>140132588
>If you actually wanted evidence, you would have looked to know your claim is bullshit.
That's a neat little circular thought

>I've never met an atheist who understands god
>because if they TRULY investigated and understood, they would be theists
>>
>>140128947
>the claim murder is wrong has no evidence
That's a question of values and is therefore inherently quasi-religious
Atheists do just want to sin, sinning being separating or deviating from what is good and wholesome. Atheism as it stands is degenerate.
>>
What if God actually is Satan?
>>
File: Smug pepe in the bath.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Smug pepe in the bath.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>140133098
At least Santa leaves me gifts under the tree for being a good boy. I can prove that he loves me and is watching me
>>
>>140133193
Still true though tbqh.
And not always, but it seems to be true almost all of the time. Most seem to see God like Santa or Zeus.

>>140133397
Gnostic pls go
>>
>>140132588

>There are arguments for theism.

Please, do go on.
>>
>>140133360
>therefore inherently quasi-religious
Many religions are atheistic.
>>
>>140133527
>What is searching

Look at David Wood, William Lane Craig. These are good entry-level. You can watch them on you/hooktube.

Work up to Augustine, Aquinas.
>>
>>140133826

Already seen WLC, and his arguments aren't convincing in the slightest.

But please, if you think you have a valid argument, go ahead and give it. Telling me to just search is a cop out.
>>
>>140125781
If you read the same book I did it's pretty clear that Lucifer did nothing wrong. Fuck being Daddy's little puppet your whole life.
>>
>>140133949
How the hell do I know what arguments you have read? Stop being lazy and expecting to be spoon-fed. That's definitely a sign that you don't want to really know.

>not convincing in the slightest
Doubt you listened, tbqh. He's not perfect but his arguments are pretty sound, even if a bit... unpolished.

Never heard any rebuttals against him that worked, personally, even when I was an atheist. Just repeating the same thing (often already addressed) louder.
>>
>>140134093

>claims to have read the Bible
>thinks Lucifer is a fallen angel

Bro...
>>
>>140134398

You don't need to know what arguments I've read. All you need to do is give me the arguments that YOU thought were valid.

Go ahead and offer them.
>>
>>140134579
Yes, I do. Otherwise I'm wasting my time. And honestly, I know how these end up.

>offer argument
"No I know that one and I don't believe it"

>offer another
>same response
>continue
>spend a few hours doing this
>ends up down to "y bad things happen grr :("

I've been on /pol/ and dealing with atheists long enough to know I'd be wasting my time.

Read it yourself or stop pretending you're an atheist for intellectual as opposed to emotional reasons.
>>
>>140134462
In modern use, the name Lucifer refer's to "the devil" before his fall, in almost all situations, yes.
>>
>>140134934

Look, you're dodging a lot right now. All I want is for you to list what YOU thought were valid arguments for theism. I'm not looking to dissect them, I'm just curious.
>>
>>140125781
bunch of christcucks worshipping a kike on a stick. ya turn the other cheek pussy closet fags
ya give that money to your church
your pastor needs a new car, a down payment, organic grassfed foods and money to house his mistress so her pussy is available for fucking only 2 blocks from his beautiful 4000sq foot house while you morons live in squalor, waiting for a kike on a stick to save you from your self induced misery
get on your knees christcucks. cough up that money
>>
>>140135157
I know what you're doing, though, which is why I'm not bothering to answer. I used to do it myself.
Since you're just going to expect to be spoonfed, I'm going to take my leave, though.

If you really want to know, you know what to do.
>>
>>140135018

Apart from in the Bible, where this character you're referring to doesn't exist.
>>
>>140135489

I'm not doing anything. I just want to know what you found to be valid arguments. I can't just go to Google and type "arguments at anon #821471 thought were valid", either.

So please, if you think there are valid arguments, go ahead and give them. Trying to run away because someone actually interacted with you is pretty weak.
>>
>>140135375
A literal jew
>>
>>140135489
>>140135763

Welp, turns out he did run away. Who knew that Christian with proof would go out of his way to not share it?
>>
>>140128510

You say we need to remove ourselves from this dualistic life a few posts above, but then that we can't know good without evil. I already chose jesus so it's ok. But do explain your posts a bit more please.
>>
>>140135157
I think these videos, pic, book and links offer reasons for believing. For me anyway, maybe they'll be helpful for you or someone else.
King James Bible (reading it, I believe it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBz1roiQR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fKrFeX8dRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMA41EVDhqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbaJfRwYxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYwLvtnoyc
http://www.truthnet.org/Christianity/Apologetics/
http://www.6000years.org

This is a list that will take a lot of minutes to go through and i'm going to bed in a few so sorry for not replying further.
>>
>>140139607
Oh also this, forgot to add it to the list:
https://archive.fo/L2B2c
>>
>>140139607

>This is a list that will take a lot of minutes to go through...

Classic Christian attempt to obscure their claims amongst hours of talking. Why bother giving a list of arguments when you can just link massive videos filled with waffle?
>>
>>140140069

Christians appreciate those that are able to preach well and save souls. Everyone isn't equally gifted with words. Take a listen and you never know. You might be saved.
>>
>>140140865

Nah, I'm good. I don't like theists waffling on. I prefer people getting to the point.
>>
>>140141174

The point is to save your soul. You get there by faith. It seems it is hard for an atheist to understand this.
>>
Right now a child is being raped and your god is doing nothing to stop it. Either he is not present on earth, simply does not care about his children or worse, he enjoys watching the rape of children (Proably the latter considering the way his priests conduct themselves)

No matter how you slice it, your god is a piece of shit.
>>
>>140141359

I don't believe in souls. And if the criteria of believing is that you already need to believe, then it makes it redundant.
>>
>>140125781
I am an atheist, and my parents were atheists, but my grandparents were all christian. My dad was kind of an edgelord and would purposely say sacrilegious things for fun. I don't really understand that though.

So I think it's a 1st generation atheist thing. It's the atheists who were forced to go to church as kids and are still rebelling against their parents.
>>
Why don't you guys worship the Sun?

>provides all energy for life on Earth
>can destroy everyone here
>Life literally revolves around it
>more powerful than everything on Earth combined
>provides light to keep you from the dark

The Sun is who should be worshipped. We need more Atonists in the world
>>
>>140141395
>bad things happen therefore God doesn't exist
Atheist Logic
>>
>>140141845

It's actually

>bad things happens therefore a benevolent, omnipotent God doesn't exist
>>
>>140141726
Enjoy your atheistic depression
>>
>>140125781
>Gods
Fixed that for you
>>
>>140141845
If your god can't even protect my children, why the fuck would I worship him?
>>
>>140141976
>I should try to convince myself God exists simply because it might make me feel better
why don't I choose to believe that money falls from the sky as well? comfy thoughts must be true
>>
>>140141931
God has both the desire and ability, you just wrongly attribute evil to him, when evil is borne from atheistic pride like your own. You deny free will like a stone age scholar.
>>
>>140141442

Nah you're wrong you're not getting it. like I said have a listen. If you won't even try to let someone change your mind then yeah you make it redundant yourself. It's a choice you have. Wether you believe in souls or free will or whatever, you still have these things. Like some scientists like to say: you not believing in the truth doesn't stop the truth from being the truth.
>>
>>140142090
Protect them from what evil men full of pride?
>>140142152
18 +
>>
>>140142090

Because he gave you children.
>>
>>140142340

No, I attribute his inaction to him. This is a deity that is supposedly all powerful and can do anything. Yet he can't create a universe in which people's individual free will doesn't negatively affect other people. He won't do anything to fix all the bad things that happen that aren't the result of a person's decision.

The conclusions are that if he does exist, he must be evil.
>>
>>140141845
The problem of evil is the most glaringly obvious problem with the belief in a benevolent and omnipotent god. Hundreds year old argument that has never been properly addressed. The only thing that seems to work is "muh free will" but that opens up it's own can of worms

Lrn2read
>>
>>140142531
My dick going into my wife gave me children. Your god has been asbent from my life until that point and continues to be absent from then on.

>>140142499
I get that men are evil, we've all done bad shit. If your god wants to let some fuckhead die painfully- more power to him. But we're talking about a child, someone who has never even had the chance to do evil and your god is letting it be raped right now. So whats your answer. Does he not care about the child or does he enjoy watching it get raped. Or worse, is he letting a child get raped to teach a 'lesson' to its parents. Please give me your answer.
>>
File: AlexJonesProphet.jpg (117KB, 438x500px) Image search: [Google]
AlexJonesProphet.jpg
117KB, 438x500px
>>140125781
>doesn't believe in imaginary deities including Christian God and Satan.
>joins ranks of non-existant deity he doesn't believe in
wow, you sure got me there, how'd you figure it out?
>>
>>140125781
What the fuck is this, Satan isn't real either you Christnigger
>>
>>140142619

Protecting your children is your job not gods.
>>
>Nah you're wrong you're not getting it.

Except I clear do "get it". It really isn't that hard. You believe in souls and shit. I don't. What you believe will happen to this non-existent thing is meaningless to me.
>>
>>140142841

Now we see your moral character. If you were to see a child drowning, you'd just walk on by because that's their parents' job, not yours.
>>
>>140142893

You obviously don't get it. I tell you to try and listen and you just go "nah mate it doesnt fit with what I believe."

Obviously if you don't even try to change what you believe it won't change and you will believe whatever it is you believe until you are proved wrong in the fires of hell. So whatever I tried on your behalf. A stranger on a christian-mongolian flowerpot forum.
>>
>>140125781
Lol, no. But hey, if it makes your life easier to believe we are all in denial of the knowledge that you, as some kind of superior enlightened human, have always possesed, be my guest. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
>>
>>140143083

Wow you read all that from me saying it's a parents job to protect their children? Oh well.
>>
>>140142619
You again just repeated the same failed attribution of evil to God, instead of to pride in evil mens hearts. You expect free will to not result in evil hearted men (like you), when free will exists? Or is it you simply dont understand these concepts? Fascinating.
>>140142622
You missed my rebuttal i think, but feel free to post your fedora meme argument instead of mangling it.
>>
File: edgy1.png (224KB, 372x325px) Image search: [Google]
edgy1.png
224KB, 372x325px
>>140125781
'Good' and 'Evil' are subjective to the person. You think it's 'good' North Korea gets nuked. Pretty sure any North Korean getting nuked thinks it's 'Evil'.

Where our modern day 'morals' come from is from the sustainability of a system that increases max population carrying capacity of that system.

i.e. 'stealing' versus 'producing'. Imagine a slider from 0% to 100% where you could move this slider and increase the # of people that lived off of stealing. At 0% stealing, everyone is a productive citizen, creating products, food, etc from natural resources. There is enough to go around. Move that slider to 50% and half the people are parasiting off the other half. Lots of conflict, probably revenge killings, starvation from a 50% reduction in production from those that focus on theft, etc, thus lowering the max population carrying capacity of that system. Move that slider to 100% and there is nothing to steal because no-one is producing anything that can be stolen. Therefore theft is a self-cannibalizing system. It is NOT SUSTAINABLE. Theft as a system cannot replicate itself into the future, just like a failed organism. That is why THEFT is a SIN while being PRODUCTIVE is a VIRTUE. This doesn't require any divine being or god. In fact many of the VIRTUES of the BIBLE or other holy texts are now today considered sins or at least not virtuous at all. Because of changes in technology, the discovery of better more efficient social systems, or finding that the causes of problems that the Bible or other texts tried to address were the causes of those problems at all.

If you are unable to REASON out MORALITY you are a brainlet, and it's probably good your stupid ass nigger-tier brain defers to the authority of those smarter than you. Therefore RELIGION is one of those beneficial systems, if your population contains brainlets, like you.
>>
>>140142499
I see you ran out of things to say but wanted to post anyway. typical christcuck. I try not to make fun of you idiots too much because I hate militant atheists, but when you pull the old "you should believe in something because it feels comfy" meme it's just too much. Its a blue-pilled philosophy on life. go shit on your own face, retard.
>>
>>140143350

Drop the bullshit "you don't get it" line. I clearly do. You're just being a dick now. I just don't want to waste my time listening to bullshit.

>>140143497

I got it from you implying that it's perfectly acceptable for someone to allow evil things because someone else should be doing it. Which is exactly what you implied.

>>140143622

Great, I'm evil now? Classic mental Christians. What I'm saying is that if God was benevolent he would allow free will without the negative consequences others have to endure, because he supposedly has such power. He'd also stop negative events that happen naturally, without any free will involved at all, but he doesn't. Get it, nutjob?
>>
>>140143956

I'm not gonna lie to make you feel better you fucktard.
>>
>>140143722
>"you should believe in something because it feels comfy" meme it's just too much. Its a blue-pilled philosophy

Literally analagous to SJWism and Leftism

Guess what Christ cucks. Nothing happens when you die except you stop existing. Everyone you loved that died is gone forever and you will never speak or talk to them ever again, outside of your memories of them. Get over you weak-willed pathetic bitch bois.
>>
>>140144025

Where have I said you needed to lie? Your grasp of English is clearly very loose.
>>
>>140142801
>let
You have free will to do evil things and it's your separation from God that that Evil is born from. you are not understanding pride in the context I use it. If you think tragedy of circumstances and evil are the same you are wrong there also.
>>
>>140143722
I still see nothing worthy of further reply and dont feel like insulting an impressionable reen so i'm gonna ignore you son.
>>
>>140144099

You keep saying you get it when you obviously don't. It is a matter of faith and it starts with (you). Only you can change what you believe and you have to make am effort in doing so. You won't listen to hours of preaching because? Scared you might start believing? God isn't something you prove, as it wouldn't require faith if you could prove it. It isn't redundant to try if it saves your soul even tho you don't believe you have one, because this is the very belief you have to change in order to save your soul. Now do you get it?
>>
>>140125781
except we're Atheists, not misotheists, you fucking mong
>>
>>140144471

>You keep saying you get it when you obviously don't.

But I very clearly do. You haven't said anything that's even remotely taxing. This "you don't get it" bullshit is a weak attempt at you trying to explain away why someone doesn't agree with you. It's faggotry at the highest level.

I won't listen to hours of preaching because a) I know it's going to be bullshit, from past experience, and b) I know any actual argument that might sway me won't be from theists that need to make hour long propaganda videos about their beliefs. It's a waste of my time.

But now we're back to you claiming you need faith to prove faith. It's redundant. I don't have faith, so there's no way to prove it for me to believe. Classic theist attempt at a catch 22. So no, I don't believe in a soul so I don't need to try to save one, for the very reason that proof of belief requires pre-existing belief. It's a case of Christian circular reasoning.

So now do you get it?
>>
>>140144373
You aren't actually ignoring me though, you're just blathering on angrily with personal attacks because you can't respond to my point.
>>
>>140144898

You're not getting it still. Still you talk of proof as if this is somehow relevant. Whatever, I have preached to the extent of my ability in hopes you will take the final steps needed yourself. If you won't that's your loss not mine. Adidas amigos.
>>
>>140145181

>You're not getting it still.

More fucking bullshit from you. Drop this pretentious bollocks, or just get ignored. Your choice.

And yes, I still talk of proof because it's what's reasonable. You want to act like it's not retarded to say "oh to discover God, you first must believe in God". How the fuck can anyone with a brain be asked to believe in something there is no evidence for?
>>
>>140145181
>I have preached to the extent of my ability
This is probably true, kind of sad, and quite encouraging all at the same time.
>>
No you mongolid, it's literally that God doesn't exist. The same reason you don't worship Zeus or the sun god Rah. Go back to preschool
>>
>>140145181
I think you need to try harder, dude. God wants you to convert people. If you give up this easily, you might go to hell for being a shitty christian.
>>
>>140145399

It has and forever will be about; faith. This is what you don't get. No one can give it to you but yourself. To change ones belief you need to have an open mind and listen to others explain reasons for having faith. You have to try to get it. Read the bible. Or if you think the bible is too long just listen to jesus a bit, he was the bomb at explaining himself. Like I said. Doesn't matter if you don't believe in the soul, it's still the truth and you should save it.
>>
>>140145811
Free will implies God
>>
>>140145916

Nah thats not how it works. I know where I am going.
>>
>>140125781
>want to join Satan
I don't believe in Satan
https://youtu.be/WQeF0Gc0yXw
>>
>>140146147
Let's say for argument's sake an omniscient god exists. Why do you think it wants to be worshipped?
>>
>>140146147
It doesn't, at all. It's the result of having a brain. Even if it did imply the existance of some sort of higher power (which again. it doesn't in the slightest) in what fucking way does that mean that your version is correct? Maybe it's Zeus or Allah or that Hindu god with all the arms
>>
>>140146423

>nah man the fact that a painting exist does not imply there is a painter.

We christians disagree with this argument.
>>
>>140146619
You're right, praise Vishnu
>>
>>140146209
how dare you presume to know how The Lord will judge you. def going to hell now
>>
>>140145757

All we can do is try. It always comes down to the person themself.
>>
File: moralfags.jpg (146KB, 908x634px) Image search: [Google]
moralfags.jpg
146KB, 908x634px
>>140125781
>>
>>140125781
Satan doesn't exist either. fuck off slave.
>>
>>140141359
I won't claim that all of my beliefs are well founded and support by evidence, or that some of these beliefs are propped up by a certain amount of "faith", but if I'm going to consciously adopt a new belief I certainly want it to be based on solid evidence and argumentation, with as little faith involved as possible, preferably none.
This is something that theists don't seem to understand about athiests.
Saying "it's about faith" causes someone who's looking for evidence to immediately discard whatever you're saying.
>>
>>140146723
That wasn't a compliment, you're just not very bright.
>>
>>140146922
Be gentle, he has Autism
>>
>>140147011

I didn't take it as a compliment I simply further explained myself. Bunch of projecting atheists ITT apparently lol.
>>
>>140146987
Not to mention the huge variety of religions/sects all claiming basically the same thing as the ultimate truth, but THEIR version is the only real one I sware on me mum.
>>
File: 1430186022448.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1430186022448.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>140125952
>>140125952

SOURCE IS, YOU RETARD SOURCE IS GOD MADE INTO BEING YOU FUCKING RETARDS

WHY THE FUCK WOULD U JOIN A SATAN IF U THINK GOD DOESNT EXIST AND HAVE THE AUDACITY TO ATTACK AN ENTIRY THAT DOES EXIST WHEN U BELIEVE IT DOESNT IT WILL LITERALLY INSTANTLY JUST REMANIFEST ANYWHERE ANY HOW
AFTER THIS BODY DECEASES

FUCKING NOOBS

YOU NIGGERS NEED TO DIE WITH SUCH NARCISSISTIC CYSTIC NIGGERY
>>
>>140147176
Well, if you're counting on finding people thicker than you, good luck to you.
>>
File: 1497243029847.jpg (21KB, 315x326px) Image search: [Google]
1497243029847.jpg
21KB, 315x326px
IF YOU PEOPLE ARE THIS BORED JUST KILL YOURSELVES IM NOT HERE TO ENTERTAIN YOUR SADISTIC EGOS IM HERE T REMIX CREATIVITY AND THRIVE FUCK YOU HATING IRRELEVANT FUCK BOY ASS UNORIGINAL DECEPTIVE FAGGOT FUCKS
>>
>>140147370

Not counting on anything. Trying to save souls. I must have made that much clear to you dumwitted folk. It's not my day job tho so it's not like strangers on a christian-Uzbekistani horseriding pamphlet refusing jesus will keep me up at night or anything.
>>
>>140146362
>>140146423
Who supposes it does? Who's claing any specific deity here? Why are you so quick to abandon discussion to ad hominem a specific dogma? It's like your entire argument hinges on regurgitation of anti-christian memes from r/atheism
>>
>>140132239
SAME SENPAI
>>
>>140148201
A literal kike
>>
>muh monotheism
Deifying a "Person" doesn't work, see the last 1000 years of societal church dogma, existence 1000s of "Our feeling of Jesus is more correct than yours" sects simultaneously referring to the same picked""""self-explanatory""" bible verses + Islam doing logical bails all the time + how Abrahamic countries tend to treat animals
>>
>>140146987

What you want =|= what you need to save your soul. I get that you discard what I say. I am telling you not to.
>>
>>140147810
Then why not try to convert some fucking Hindus instead of people who've heard all of your shit for years already.

>>140148147
Read the OP again. Also, if a god exists but isn't detectable in any way, who exactly would care?
>>
>>140142810
You support him without even knowing it. If you don't support God, you support Satan, whether you believe in him or not.
>>
>>140129163
No, the last 3k years are a turning in the eternal cycle. God didn't "abandon" you, you are just not ready for God yet.
>>
>>140148425
meanto to say that it's illogical to deify one's own "I have a [biological] Father" relationship into [God], then imposing rules and dogma harshly on societies from that

both laymen discussions IRL and youtube, but also some amounts of Religious Studies class I've gone though, point at the challenge of the word "God" from a grammar POV, ("You can't really EXPLAIN it, but.... *lots of very certain rules still laid out from it)

Ancient greek and Indian philosophy trumps OP post easily, India knows how to separate Science as "atheist by necessity" since the Ancient era of India - allowing both religious and irreligious people to study the world without killing themselves over religious orientations since their religious mode of living can be regarded as separate from it
>>
>>140148560
Yet you haven't given me a reason to not discard what you say other than that it will "save" a part of me that I also don't believe exists. Maybe if you can prove that I have a soul then I'll be more interested in saving it.
Or does that require faith also?
>>
>>140148665

>why try to save someone who is lost

Who the fuck else would christians want to convert? I choose who the fuck I want to try and convert I have free will you turbotard. I have free access to this place it's a great place to preach. Path of least resistance to degenerates in need of help really.
>>
>>140148978

Of course it requires faith I've been saying that in almost all my posts in this thread.
>>
>>140125781
Prove it
>>
>>140148978
I'm developing a theory that this is what they do when they're feeling guilt over the urge to masturbate.

>>140149113
You're not going to turn anyone religious like this, you mong. You might just have a chance with someone who's already on board with invisible friends.
>>
>>140125781
I feel like atheists have just seen too much (((fiction))), and they assume God is like the """gods""" they've seen on TV or read about in books, so that He has """power""" that is basically defined as non-existent, literally like a magical wizard. Anyone who thinks the existence of God is unlikely doesn't even understand the concept, or they're lying like you suggest and are really just butthurt. Personally I think God's greatness is too great for everyone not to know He exists; that the latter of the aforementioned is true; and that they're really -literally- evil liars because they're not saved. In fact, I don't even think non-Christians are even alive, so I've definitely no qualms of them going to hell. I'm pretty sure they only exist to lead Christians astray. I'm not sure Game-of-Thrones-loving leftists and such even exist when they're not being observed by a Christian.
>this stuff presumably looks crazy to an atheist, yet they kiss the feet of Elon Musk when he talks about simulation theory not realizing there isn't really any difference
>>
>If you think about it, our sense of good and evil needs an origin
checkmate atheists
>>
>>140149365
>*my* jewish wizard is better than yours
>>
>>140149347

Like I said. The person must want it themself. It's not my job. It is your own job to save yourself. Sure you can turn people to jesus by telling them to turn to jesus. But if you won't then that is on you, not me. Also you don't know what others think when they read your/my words so stop acting like you do please. I try, and that is what matters to me.
>>
>>140126191
>>God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It’s as simple as that.
This is nothing more than an unsupported proposition that God doesn't exist. Specifically, it's a modal scope fallacy, i.e. it is implying that because there is an alternative epistemic possibility which implies God possibly doesn't exist, then He necessarily doesn't exist. That, or this simply begs the question, which the quotee apparently didn't realize, and thus he should be disregarded as an idiot.
>>
>>140149615
>fapfapfap
>>
>>140149660
That's not how it works, fuccboi.
>>
File: 010[1].jpg (730KB, 1136x899px) Image search: [Google]
010[1].jpg
730KB, 1136x899px
>>140149592
How do you think that assuming God is a "better jewish wizard than yours" is equivalent to not assuming God is a wizard? Seriously, your stupidity has to be an act, and since you don't have an argument, you just want to be antagonizing -- exactly like satan -- hmmm. Kill yourself.
>tfw you tell the great deceiver to kill himself
>>
>>140149327
All I can say is what I said earlier. Don't support God, you support Satan, whether you believe in him or not.
>>
>>140149220
You've stated repeatedly that all of this requires faith, yet at no point have you ever provided a reason for why we should become faithful, other than "it will save your soul" which as you've just stated also requires faith so I'm not even sure why you bring it up.

If someone came up to you and said "you must have faith in Oogla the extragalactic space alien if you want to save your eternal starforce (which also requires faith)!" would you just agree on the spot or would ask for proof?
After this person said that "proof" doesn't play into it at all and it's entirely about faith, and then gave you hours of video of people talking about why Oogla is so great, would you even give this video five minutes of your time?
Hopefully not, because the admission that proof is not part of it should immediately trip your "bullshit alarm" and make you realize that nothing that person says is worth listening to.

That's how we feel when listening to you. Does that make sense?
>>
>>140149910
h-how does """it""" work then? There has been quite the influx of little kids from britain lately.. Why is that?
>>
>>140150043
You're literally basing your worldview on a book written about jewish wizardry, unless there's something else?

>>140150218
Get this. You can't prove something doesn't exist if it's by definition undetectable. We're back to the old invisible elephants in orbit around Pluto here.
>>
>>140150516
>You're literally basing your worldview on a book written about jewish wizardry, unless there's something else?
Christianity follows the writings of the bible, not of jrr tolkien. If you do not understand that ad hominems and appeals to ridicule only make you look unequipped and stupid, you must be an underage b&. Please understand that most of us are adults and we do not want to have interaction with your underdeveloped brain. You are wasting people's time.
>>140150516
>You can't prove something doesn't exist if it's by definition undetectable.
Irrelevant. The proveability of the non-existence of something has nothing to do with the probability of its existence.
>We're back to the old invisible elephants in orbit around Pluto here.
Your idols are and were stupid. Get new ones:
Russell's teapot:
False analogy. We observe that we are the only civilzation in the solar system, that teapots don't launch themselves into space, and that there have been no manned missions to Mars -- we observe that it is unlikely such a teapot exists. We make no such observations about the existence of God.
Russel would have no authority to assert there is such a teapot. The bible does have authority. The bible is 66 different narratives, letters, and writings written by 40 different people, five of whom witnessed Jesus after His resurrection, over about 1,500 years that are all theologically synchronous, with minimal, irrelevant "contradictions" that are expected of any such collection of historical documents and only add to its historicity. Its own words also give it authority, which reveal themselves as the word of God to anyone willing to read it as such.

https://pastebin.com/eaEGgUa3
>>
>>140150211

It's ok dude believe what you believe. No one can change your mind but you.

Here have a nice song to soothe the mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNzCiZwk28
>>
Atheists worship aliens and scientists. Everything they say they believe.
Technically there are no atheists
>>
Christianity is a mental illness
>>
File: your position.jpg (56KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
your position.jpg
56KB, 720x479px
>>140150980
>>
>>140151406
Your country wouldn't exist if Christianity didn't exist.
>>
>>140125781
I'm not an atheist, but this is fucking retarded. The origins of good and evil are ingrained into different people through millions of years of evolution, with different subspecies of humans having different morality, and even people within one subspecies having different morality, or even people who's genetics condemned them to a life of psychopathy. So there is your origin of right and wrong. As for the things don't get created out of nowhere, did God not come out of nowhere, or in the case that he is eternal, could the universe itself not be eternal? It is quite simple to know what is "good" and "evil" if you use shit like the golden rule, which can easily be taught to white and asian pre-k students. Honestly, I have a strong faith in God, but retards like you give us a terrible image.
>>
>>140151480
>it is [word defined as non-existent] therefore it doesn't exist
>it doesn't exist therefore it doesn't exist
Hmmmmm, I guess you win, kid.
>>
>>140151480
This should have been the first post in this thread.
>>
>>140151669
I know but then you get gems like this >>140150980 and it's all worth it
>>
>>140149660
Do you think a book written by men confines and defines what God is?

Religions are SYSTEMS BY MEN to explain what God is.

If God is the creator of everything he is the creator of ALL RELIGIONS. Men only try to define and constrain god when it's impossible to constrain that which is infinite.
>>
File: 1504464659814.png (214KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
1504464659814.png
214KB, 1280x809px
>tfw hate liberals and atheist degenerates and want to believe in God but can't make myself believe that a sky daddy ghost in the clouds exists.

How do I force myself to believe? I fucking hate the nihilist liberal degenerates that make up 99% of the athiest population.
>>
>>140151725
God is real, the bible says so

checkmate, atheist
>>
>>140125781
dont let religion get in between you and god
>>
>>140151810
You focus on the degenerate part. The ones who are actively fucking with society.
>>
>>140151810
If you huff a shitload of gas, then run into a wall headfirst at full speed, your brain might be damaged enough to allow for religious belief
>>
>>140151657
>the bible has the authority to assert the existence of god
>it gets this authority from itself because it's the word of god
Never had my almonds activated like that before, thanks.
>>
>>140151669
Here's the answer for you idiots. It isn't magic just because you don't understand it. In fact, "magic" is just unknown means. Your reasoning is literally equivalent to a cave man denying the existence of smartphones because they must be "handheld magic boxes." You better hope there's game to hunt or berries to pick in hell.
>>140151756
>Do you think a book written by men confines and defines what God is?
This depends on what a "definition" is. It is possible to have a subjective understanding of an objective thing, but that understanding could never be that thing. Definitions can provide that understanding, but they could never be that thing, i.e. it isn't possible to quantify their accuracy. More plainly, I believe that God could inspire men to write an understanding of Him that He wants.
>Religions are SYSTEMS BY MEN to explain what God is.
Yes, this is a fallacy of a single cause, and possibly a genetic fallacy. Religions being invented by men does not imply even a probability of the possibility of one of them being inspired by God, which if He exists, isn't just possible, but plausible. Sorry m8, but randomly capitalizing words as if theres some very-well-hidden meaning in what you're saying is a poor substitution for argument.
>If God is the creator of everything he is the creator of ALL RELIGIONS.
You mean He is responsible for their existence, sure, I agree. I don't agree, however, that the existence of evil and falsity imply God's non-existence.
>Men only try to define and constrain god when it's impossible to constrain that which is infinite.
It seems you're implying definition is necessarily limiting. I don't think so. I think it's possible to have a definition of God such that it is not a lie and such that God approves. Moreover, definitions of God are completely irrelevant to the potential of knowing Him, in which case some kind of definition is necessary to pursue.
>>
>>140152600
>>it gets this authority from itself because it's the word of god
That is one such source, yes, which is evident upon experience of it. Do you not realize your feeling of the need to strawman my argument is implicative that you're probably in the wrong? It's pathetic, not empowering.
>>
>>140152653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfSpIIRhFw

What do you think in this preachers interpretation of God?
>>
>>140151810

Study epistemology and read the bible.
>>
>>140152874
That men can be wrong doesn't imply God can't inspire an accurate understanding of Him in men. If you would just read the bible without hubris and fear of being mislead, you could see that.
>>
>>140151810
You can start by not seeing God as something silly
>>
>>140153001
I think your closed mindedness and insistence to say that God is this and only this is very telling. You aren't the arbiter of who or what God is.
>>
>>140153242
>You aren't the arbiter of who or what God is.
I know, as perhaps I shouldn't be. But do you think this implies God can't be known? Or even further, that """He""" doesn't exist? Or is all your quibbling about definitions just a red herring like it always is?
>>
>>140152873
>your summary of my argument is correct
>but your summary of my argument is a strawman
This is actually believable because your argument is silly enough to sound like a strawman of something more reasonable.
>>
>>140153442
I believe in God. I think God exists. I just think the concepts of God can't be explained by a book.

Isn't it telling how nobody ever talks about Conscioussness or what it means to experience life? We have science for everything else in the mainstream but never consciousness. That's on purpose. The people in power hide the things they don't want us to see.

The same people who killed jesus still control the world, well their ancestors, so I think the church has been distorted and perverted since the beginning. I don't even think Jesus would have attended church service because to him God was a personal experience.

I just think there's more to life that's been locked away from us and organized religion in this day and age is purely for control.
>>
HELLO CREATIONS, GOD HERE.
GO AND DO SOMETHING MORE USEFUL, BUT CALL >>140153442 AN IDIOT FIRST, I NEVER LIKED HIM.

NEW FLOOD COMING SOON, WATCH THIS SPACE.
>>
>>140125781
as edgy and false as this post is, it makes excellent bait for redditfags, bump
>>
>>140153474
What? If I "summarized" you argument, it's because you didn't make it explicit so I had to play a guessing game, or because I had to explain to you implicit assumptions you were making. Your summary of your argument is a strawman if and only if it implied an inaccurate representation of one of my arguments.
>This is actually believable because your argument is silly
The only possible reason I could I could think of that you would think any of my arguments are silly is because you don't understand them, possibly because you have some kind of cognitive mechanism that automatically rejects things as "silly" if you would find their truth to be inconvenient. There isn't any reasoning behind deciding something is "silly," m8, and you should try to refrain from letting what your brain tells you is "silly" dictate how you think, else you'll never be able to think rationally or without bias.
>>140153681
>I just think the concepts of God can't be explained by a book
I agree, but perhaps you've made the faulty assumption that an understanding cannot be accurate unless it's complete. I think that is demonstrably false.
>I don't even think Jesus would have attended church service because to him God was a personal experience.
People go to church in order to personally experience God, as Jesus would have done, as everything He did was to live as the perfect example of what should, though never could, be.
>organized religion in this day and age is purely for control.
I don't see how access to, discussion of, and communal contemplation of, the truth can possibly only be for control. It is necessary regardless of its potential for corruption, which God would never allow to completely happen.
>>140154538
False analogy. The pre-knowledge we have for not believing you is not analogous to non-belief in God, as no such knowledge for non-belief in God exists- the same for any analogy that utilizes the presumed non-existence of things that you have reason to believe don't exist
>>
File: 1427231086861.png (331KB, 499x403px) Image search: [Google]
1427231086861.png
331KB, 499x403px
>>140125952
>>140141174
>>140149327
>>140153681

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPRviHmjh8Q
>>
>>140157387
My greentext was meant to quote you, but let me spell it out so there's no misunderstanding.
You granted that my summary of your argument was correct >>140152873 "That is one such source, yes, which is evident upon experience of it."
You then asserted that my summary of your argument (which you had validated as correct in the previous sentence) was a strawman >>140152873 "Do you not realize your feeling of the need to strawman my argument is implicative that you're probably in the wrong?"

Finally, my comment about your argument being silly lies in the fact that you both granted the accuracy of my summary of it, while also accusing my summary of being a strawman. I found this humorous because your argument is so obviously circular that any accurate summary of it could easily be mistaken for a strawman of a more reasonable argument i.e. one that isn't obviously circular.
>>
>>140158775
>You granted that my summary of your argument was correct
>That is one such source, yes, which is evident upon experience of it.
This is me implying what would otherwise be obviously that you are not correct. Your implicit argument was "You are saying the bible has authority only because of what the bible says," when I provided two other reasons as well, thus my implicit argument was "The bible has authority for [these reasons] not [only this reason]," therefore, you committed a strawman. If something like this occurs to you again, you should first consider the possibility that you're wrong.
>>
>>140157987
This man is a great man.
>>
>>140153084
True story: being raised without religion will lead to feeling like believing in religion is indulgent magical thinking. Hard to get past the whole "suspension of disbelief" part...
>>
>>140151810
>How do I force myself to believe? I fucking hate the nihilist liberal degenerates that make up 99% of the athiest population.

Then don't be one? Why not just be an Atheist but act how ever you wish to act for whatever reason.
>>
>>140163049
Sometimes people are uncomfortable with the feeling that their peers "know" soming they don't. Perhaps his comment implies he's actually unsure of atheism, which is only rational.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.