[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cultural Appropriation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: thaylobleu.jpg (114KB, 1187x647px) Image search: [Google]
thaylobleu.jpg
114KB, 1187x647px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKwYL1N0IHs

/Pol/ What's your take on cultural appropriation?

Think black guys shouldn't rock and white guys shouldn't rap or is there room for nuance?

Personally I see cultural appropriation is literally just part of life and history.

All language is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>140094764
Yo dog
Sup blood
Stop appropriatin , yo
Dat shit ain't cool,
>>
>>140094764
NO ONE should rap. Doing the ooga booga drum machine exercise is cancer for everyone.
>>
>>140094764
Who's this band?
They're not bad except for that random DJ they've let on the stage
>>
>>140094764
>/Pol/ What's your take on cultural appropriation?
I don't give a shit, people can do whatever they want to do
>>
>>140095490
Fuck you, crackah
Days the only black part of they set!
>>
>>140095490
Thaylobleum, they're from DC
>>
>>140094764
It will always occur in the fringes but the majority of any society ought to be fundamentally conservative and resistant to foreign cultural.

Lack of meaningful esistance is the problem right now. Change is too vast and too quick for it to undergo the checks of appropriateness and value it would in a more conservstive society. As a result terrible ideas are forced through that necessary filter and nothing can be done about it. The filter is either going to clog up or break completely at some point and then everything falls apart.
>>
>>140095594
So you think all cultural appropriation is bad so what? The the guys on the stage should give up their instruments and just have turn tables ?
Just 5 DJs on the stage at once lol
>>
>>140095775
france tries not to culturally appropriate new words into their language... have a committee and everything I've heard. They have a filter.
>>
I dont understand cultural appropriation. Thats literally the outcome of multiple cultures mixing. I dont know why they scream how great diversity is, but that no one can use culture outside of their own? Southern american culture is the result of slave, indian, french, spanish cultures all intermingling to form a unique blend. Literally the outcome of diversity.
>>
>>140094764
>humans can't share culture

Why would you even acknowledge this appropriation meme?
>>
>>140094764
black guys invented rock you dumbfuck
>>
>>140095975
Das da only legit way!
Cultural appropriation is da devil!
Dees boys should be black and proud!
Day shouldn't be playin white man instruments!
Just bongos and turn tables!
#BLACKLIVESMATTER
#BLACKCULTUREMATTERS
#BLACKSTUFFMATTERS
#RACESTUFFRACIALIDENTITYRACESTUFF!!!!
>>
File: 1495825916876.jpg (137KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495825916876.jpg
137KB, 640x640px
Rock comes from black music, so this doesn't make any sense to begin with. Only with progressive rock did it really begin to move away from blues in a sustained direction (surf rock sometimes used Arabic scales, but didn't last). A black man playing classical or European folk music would be cultural appropriation, to put it in their words. They would be being a coon in normal nigger words. I'm white and I learned how to rap before really thinking about these things, so I still freestyle on occasion when I'm bored, but I don't think people should put other cultures on a pedestal over their own. The common rationale for cultural appropriation being bad is "you shouldn't steal (my) culture" but I say you should love your own culture and people enough to make art within it's traditions and in today's muddled modern world of consumer products and novelties disguised as art and music, that means actively excluding foreignness. That is nationalism.

Even "muh metal" isn't fully huwhite by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PATEO4Uomk
>>
>>140096459
tip of the hat to you, sir!
I was hoping someone would say that.
It goes to my point that cultural appropriation is just part of history and life.
>>
>>140096545
Hmm... Turn table Es record player
The phonograph was invented by white man
>>
>>140096749
no
whites pillaged black music (blues, r'n'b, jazz) to create rock as a marketing stunt
metal is a typically white genre, rock isn't
>>
>>140097108
Fuck it
Just bongos
#BLACKSTUFFMATTERS
#STOPAPPROPRIATIN
>>
>>140096261
Funny you bring that up. In many ways learning about the prescriptivist/descriptivist arguments in regards to language (specifically English) is what brought me to the conclusion that conservatism is a necessary balance. If you accelt any and all new words then language would become near meaningless, you need people to resist the 'official' adoption of every new trendy word or every new definition. You can't really prevent dialects forming or the ever changing state of language but without an 'official' baseline resistant to those things the purpose of common understanding is easily lost.

Just look at the eagerness with which we've been accepting Pidgin English which mostly looks like nonsense to anyone but inner city Londoners and some progressive academics.

I don't have much hope though, few people in English class at college could understand my position. Amusingly the only one who tried was an Indian girl.
>>
>>140097108
except nogs were the first to realize you could use turntables and samplers to make music
say whatever you want about blacks, they got ryththm
>>
File: 1504251824921.jpg (96KB, 792x558px) Image search: [Google]
1504251824921.jpg
96KB, 792x558px
>>140095665
American metal kek
>>
>>140097584
Damn right cracker!
>>
>>140097584
>>140097247
>just bongos
Lol
>>
>>140097191
>pillaged
a bit dramatic but yeah
>>
>>140097474
Kek @ smart britpol
>>
>>140094764
Cultural appropriation is a garbage idea and neglects the fact that culture is meant to be spread and shared. Let black dudes play guitar, let white guys rap, let Mexicans play the sitar and let Indians use the toilet.
>>
>>140097474
Fuck you tea and a buscuits mothafucka!
>>
File: paul-wall.jpg (46KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
paul-wall.jpg
46KB, 500x365px
Wiggers need to die.
>>
>>140094764
Do whatever, quit lying about what you like. If someone can't handle the fact that the artist/listener has different skin than "they should" that person is a fuck. How the fuck is learning and being inspired by someone you admire fucking racist anyway?
>>
>>140099045
Idi Amin was an alright lad.
>>
>>140099336
That's more the comments I was expecting when I clicked on this thread
>>
>>140099517
#ROLEMODEL
>>
>>140096602
Oi m8
Tldr
>>
>>140096459
is French language committee a thing?
>>
>>140100585
>M8
Stop appropriatin British cultural
Evil American white privilege devil!
>>
>>140100890
Piss off Bruv,
Don be a wanker
>>
>>140094764
youre a fucking retard
there is no such thing as cultural appropriation and skin color does not matter
>>
>>140100738
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Académie_française
>>
>>140094764
"Cultural appropriation" = butt hurt faggots that can't stand chinks celebrating st. Patrick's day or black people eating fortune cookies. Literal mental gymnastics for the clinically insane (considering these behaviors occur naturally in a multi cultural society).
>>
>>140101084
lol, it's funny that you'd say my point as if it's not my point and call me retard.
That's why I come here!
>>
File: gibs me more.jpg (105KB, 813x559px) Image search: [Google]
gibs me more.jpg
105KB, 813x559px
>>140094764

Yeah, talk about "Cultural Appropriation"!

Niggers should put down the electric guitar, all brass instruments, the piano, etc...

Take their culture back to rattles, and bongo drums made from human skin, shrieking and jumping around like crazed Niggers.
>>
>>140103542
This been done in thread by Jamaal LARPer
>>
>>140103542
I said that
>>
>>140104568
Fuck you cracker
I ain't LARPin
#BLACKLARPMATTERS
>>
>>140104804
Lol @ hashtags
Way to commit to the bit
>>
>>140103542
What the hell is going on in that pic?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.