[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Banning muslims won't stop terrorism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

How does /pol/ reconcile with the fact that reducing muslim immigration would cause more terror?

http://voxeu.org/article/migration-and-terror
>>
File: The_state_of_reddit_currently.jpg (44KB, 725x729px) Image search: [Google]
The_state_of_reddit_currently.jpg
44KB, 725x729px
shameless self bump
>>
>>140042191
"let us in or we will kill you"

sounds like an invasion
>>
You can't have Muslim terrorism if Islam is exterminated.
>>
>>140042191
Ask Myanmar
>>
>>140000000
>>
>>140042504
Did you even read the article?
>>
>migrants were not more likely to become terrorists than the locals of the country

Sure, okay... except
The locals who become 'terrorists' over time are directing the terror at the immigrants... not the locals
It's literally taking foreign invaders and backlashers and sticking them in a basket of digits and pointing at it non-objectively

Waste of a read
>>
>>140042680
getposting is not an argument
>>
>>140042788
>The locals who become 'terrorists' over time are directing the terror at the immigrants... not the locals

But the white nationalist terrorists in Quebec and Charlottesville were killing their own citizens, ala, the locals
>>
>>140042324
>>140042191
>most muslims have secret terrorist sympathies
>most terrorists are muslim
>banning muslims = banning terrorists
>falling for the propaganda

I give up. You're too dumb to live. Gas yourself .
>>
>>140042191
Good reason to keep them out.
>>
>>140042889
The facilitators of immigration... despite my suspicion on the real events of Charlottesville

AntiFaschiste historically were the Anti-NatSoc political party in Germany comprised entirely of Communists, same deal today
>>
File: 1484060838376.png (894KB, 1750x1750px) Image search: [Google]
1484060838376.png
894KB, 1750x1750px
>>140042191
>Banning muslims won't stop terrorism
No but it's a start
>>
banning rape won't stop rape

therefore rape should be legal
>>
>>140042995
>most muslims have secret terrorist sympathies
>most terrorists are muslim
Source on those? It sounds like you're pulling it out of your ass
>>
>>140043231
Here's a short clip with references for you

https://youtu.be/g7TAAw3oQvg
>>
>>140043073
So you want MORE terrorism?

>>140043134
That still doesn't make it justified, and there's no proof that the victims were facilitators of immigration nor is there proof that Fields was affected by immigration.
>>
>>140043365
Doesn't matter, were not talking about the muslims in algeria or budapest, we're talking about the ones in Europe and America, both of which are no more likely to become terrorists than the locals as the study in the OP shows
>>
>>140043526
...Where the hell do you think they come from???
>>
Op, are you fucking serious, in bringing this non peer reviewed piece of shit, that's blatantly outside the sphere of expertise of an ECONOMIC publication, where the first reference is the Huffington post, and not even done in a proper scholarly format?

And here's the most ridiculous part of their analysis. They're only counting attacks from first generation arrivals as foreign. Second generation islamic fundamentalists that go train in syria and then shoot up the place? Counts as native!

And one last sleight, that you see constantly pulled. There's ZERO accounting for the severity of the attacks, only strict numbers. Basqe separatists vandalizing a government van counts exactly the same as the london train bombing, or the eagles of death metal shooting, the Charlie Hebbo spree shooting, or a van of peace taking out 50 people.
>>
>>140042191
Mental gymnastics
>>
>>140042191
Nah nah nah
Keeping them out won't worsen thing
Kicking them out will
>>
>>140043526
You think they read a different book?
>>
>>140042191
http://archive.is/02CxX
Fuck off vox shill they need to build their own countries not rebuild ours into their image

Plus the blood feud between europe and the semetic desert ethnicities is millenia old
>>
>>140043388
>no proof that the victims were facilitators of immigration
You even know who Heather Heyer is? (or purported to be)
Anti-Anti-Immigration
How is that a facilitator?
>>
>>140042191
Yeah they keep killing French and Brits after we don't let them in or kick them out...

so much hate...
>>
>>140043640
Okay fair criticisms, but what about the fact that reducing muslim immigration would cause more terrorism?

>>140043638
Who's they? The Antifa, Nazi terrorists, or innocent muslims?

>>140043660
>>140043667
>>140043762
not an argument
>>
It lessens the possibilities.

That's enough for me.
>>
>>140043820
Source? I heard she was just anti trump and anti fascist
>>
>restricting Mudslime immigration will create more terrorism

That's going to need a citation. And if you're not giving me an archived link I'm going to dismiss you as a shill.
>>
>>140043526
Besides... you didn't watch the whole video

>"...Great Britain, 2.8 Million Muslims living there. 78% wanted cartoonists of Mohammed legally prosecuted, (2.2 Million)..."
>>
File: The state of reddit.png (463KB, 1160x963px) Image search: [Google]
The state of reddit.png
463KB, 1160x963px
>>140043903
It INCREASES the possibilities, did you even read the abstract of the study?

>>140043937
That's awful logic you got there, but here you go!
https://archive.is/02CxX
>>
>>140043880
>Okay fair criticisms, but what about the fact that reducing muslim immigration would cause more terrorism?
They didn't prove that in the first place.

The closest thing they have to anything that counts as evidence shows that,

>a lack of integrating Muslim immigrants results in more terrorism.

And it's already well established that high levels of migration hurt integration, as the newcomers will tend to create their own enclaves and not integrate.
>>
>>140042191
Their argument is that it is actually the second generation (ie. "Locals") that get radicalised and commit terror. The first generation is usually greatful enough for getting out of whatever shithole they came from.

My argument is that you can't have a second generation without a first.

No Muslims means no Islamic terrorism, it's axiomatic.
>>
>>140044051
The data is over 6 years old you moron, the Muslim population has grown and you don't know what there opinions are now

Muslims also are highly patriotic and its only middle eastern extremists who want sharia
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/08/09/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
>>
>>140043934
>just anti trump and anti fascist

What is that?
MSM painted her as a Civil Rights Activist
Rights for who? She aligned herself with a terrorist organisation opposing those who want to stop immigration, not just in spirit but physically going to illegal protests.
>>
>>140044317
It says so in the abstract, thats all the proof you need, and the only reason migrants don't integrate is because of bigotry and intolerance to minorities. Muslims are patriotic
see >>140044356
>>
File: fort.jpg (885KB, 1888x984px) Image search: [Google]
fort.jpg
885KB, 1888x984px
>>140044356
Yup, of course they are becoming Patriotic Brits
There is no undercurrent of extremism in the UK that will sweep up the newcomers as soon as they set foot in the local mosque
>>
>>140043880
>allowing muslims to build their own successful countries that will help all the muslims in that area rather than dragging a selected few to leech off our excess wealth is not an argument

You're right it's a better solution than your trash ideas.
>>
>>140042191
>It's not the first generation of muslim immigrants that commit terror, but it's mostly the second generation!
Okay well fuck off then
>>
File: gsi2-overview-1[1].png (23KB, 290x778px) Image search: [Google]
gsi2-overview-1[1].png
23KB, 290x778px
>>140044471
>It says so in the abstract, thats all the proof you need,

I think you're unclear on the fundamentals of social science, like what the fuck an abstract is, and how to evaluate claims and evidence.

And your own evidence shits on your argument worse than a calais shanty slum.

Go ahead and push your narrative mainstream. See where it takes you.
>>
>>140044820

It's dishonest

>Of course, our results are preliminary rather than definitive. We do not have data detailing which specific group of migrants from which country were involved in terrorist attacks, and so we rely on gross data on the number of terrorist attacks by all foreigners. This means we can estimate the risk of terror associated with a larger number of migrants, but we cannot test whether migrants from a particular country were engaged in terrorist events. This analysis would require individual-level data than currently available, for a large sample of countries and years.

He intentionally obfuscates Muslim terrorism to strengthen his argument and then claims that banning Muslim immigration must stop because we "can't make the Muslims angry." This article is shit. Move along.
>>
>>140045252
God damn, thanks for poking holes in that shitty study everyone
>>
>>140042191
>http://voxeu.org/article/migration-and-terror
>the number of terror attacks increased with the number of foreigners living in a host country

Wow, so I guess you have to deport the foreigners and stop the migrants. And indeed, it's not even so much the migrants that are more likely to become terrorists, it's their kids. Migrants are a ticking time bomb in that the 2nd and 3rd generations are ripe for radicalizing.
>>
>>140042191
Whoever said the reason to ban muslims was terrorism related? They're a backwards, useless people with low achievement and worthless culture. Terrorism is just a by product of said worthless culture.
>>
>>140042191
>first paragraph
>"[i]n Hungary, Poland, and the Czech Republic which have strict immigration laws and few Muslims, there have been no major terror attacks. In Germany, Belgium, France, and England, which have liberal immigration laws and large Muslim populations, terror attacks have become an almost weekly occurrence.”

yeah they sure showed me
>>
>>140045252
>I think you're unclear on the fundamentals of social science, like what the fuck an abstract is, and how to evaluate claims and evidence.
So how is one supposed to evaluate claims and evidence in social science, anyways?
>>
>>140045549

It's pseudoscience. They base their results intentionally on things that can't be objectively measured like "racism."

It's the new phrenology.
>>
>>140045332
Are you shilling now or then?
>>
>>140042191
Banning Muslims by itself wouldn't stop terrorism. Forcibly removing them will.
>>
>>140045775
Elaborate on phrenology, racism can be measured though, like how much a population is willing to discriminate against an individual or group simply based on their race
>>
>>140044471
Muslims are not patriotic, they care more about Islam than being american.

Just fucking gas yourself I've seen way too many proofs from studies, videos, and from personal experience that ISIS has large support in the middle east, and here with american muslims.

I'm not going to bother showing you sources because you're shilling one article instead of researching the shit yourself or are blatantly ignoring it.

Also the source for that article is the Huffington Post, a very liberal news source.

Just kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>140045845
No I'm just too tired to critique the study myself, figured the intellectuals here on cuckpol could do it for me

https://cis.org/Vaughan/Research-Dreamers-Contradicts-Public-Image
>>
>>140045999 Checked
>Just fucking gas yourself I've seen way too many proofs from studies, videos

Links to any of those supposed studies?
>>
>>140042191
>I want to pretend that there would still be Islamic terror in the US if there were no Muslims. I'm a total retard.
>>
>>140046060
Oldfags don't even have to read the article to know it's all lies.
Terror attacks in Euro were unthinkable before Muslims
Once in a quintenium there was a radical event that was huge news, now it's weekly and barely reported if only one or two died
>>
Owo
>>
>>140045549
You start with the understanding that most social science is politically motivated garbage. You need to understand assessment methods, and sampling. Double check what they're measuring, and does it actually match with the claims they're making?

For example, they're using the claim here that the number of immigrants is directly related to the amount of terrorisim, and that increasing immigration reduces attacks, because more welcoming societies are less islamophobic, and therefore results in less angry muslims, and less terrorist attacks.

A casual check of this shows that it's a completely garbage claim. Lots of countries are incredibly friendly to muslims, and have high muslim populations, and are chock full of terrorists.

Be SUPER critical of qualatative analasis. And remember the fundamental rule of science is that any claim needs to be testable and repeatable. If your hypothesis doesn't hold up when you let a 20 thousand Vietnamese refugees when you apply it to letting in 20 million "syrians", it shouldn't be a fucking suprise at all.

Also:
>>140046925
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.