[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$1000 a month in cash handout to every US adult: this is what

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 33

File: 1504362118001.jpg (104KB, 689x741px) Image search: [Google]
1504362118001.jpg
104KB, 689x741px
Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025, according to a new study on universal basic income.

The report was released in August by the left-leaning Roosevelt Institute. Roosevelt research director Marshall Steinbaum, Michalis Nikiforos at Bard College's Levy Institute, and Gennaro Zezza at the University of Cassino and Southern Lazio in Italy co-authored the study.

The study made economic forecasts for three proposals: a full universal basic income in which every adult gets $1,000 a month ($12,000 a year), a partial basic income in which every adult gets $500 a month ($6,000 a year), and a child allowance in which parents get $250 a month ($3,000 a year).

The larger the universal basic income, the greater the benefit to the economy, according to the report.

A $1,000 cash handout to all adults would grow the economy by 12.56 percent after eight years, the study finds. Current Congressional Budget Office estimates put the GDP at $19.8 trillion. The cash handout would therefore increase the GDP by $2.48 trillion. (Vox first did this extrapolation in their coverage of the report, and Steinbaum confirmed the accuracy of the extrapolation to CNBC Make It by email.)

The $250 allowance would grow the GDP by 0.79 percent and a $500-a-month payment would grow the GDP by 6.5 percent.

"THE LARGER THE UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME, THE GREATER THE BENEFIT TO THE ECONOMY, ACCORDING TO THE REPORT."
These estimates are based on a universal basic income paid for by increasing the federal deficit. As part of the study, the researchers also calculated the effect to the economy of paying for the cash handouts by increasing taxes. In that case, there would be no net benefit to the economy, the report finds.
>>
"When paying for the policy by increasing taxes on households rather than paying for the policy with debt, the policy is not expansionary," the report says. "In effect, it is giving to households with one hand what it is taking away with the other. There is no net effect."

The study is based on the Levy Macro-Economic model, which presupposes that the potential of the economy is constrained because household income is low. That opinion, even the authors of the study admit, is debatable. "Other macroeconomic models would disagree," the report says.

The idea of a universal basic income has been promoted lately by technology leaders and Silicon Valley billionaires.

Some, like Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, see cash handouts as a solution to the imminent threat of automation to the labor force. Musk has said that universal basic income will be a virtual necessity because robots will put so many low-skilled workers out of a job.

Others, like Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, think handouts could give everyone the safety net necessary to think like an entrepreneur. Zuckerberg touts UBI as a way to ensure people are not afraid to take risks to pursue the projects and business ventures they are passionate about.

Y Combinator President and Silicon Valley heavyweight Sam Altman has launched an initiative to study the long-term effects on human behavior of getting a cash handout. The research is still in process.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/1000-per-month-cash-handout-would-grow-the-economy-by-2-point-5-trillion.html
>>
File: DWWWD.png (766KB, 549x734px) Image search: [Google]
DWWWD.png
766KB, 549x734px
moar of these pics.
>>
If you print more money, you need more money to make up for the loss of it's worth. I dunno maybe so maybe no w/e
>>
>>139981264
Theyll increrase the handouts. Broplem?
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
>When you out your shit posts by forgetting which meme flag you're using...
>>
>>139981264
>actual money
>worth anything

wake up baby boomers
https://history.state.gov/milestones/1969-1976/nixon-shock
>>
>>139981589
>He doesn't change flags with every post he makes

You're doing it wrong m8
>>
>>139981088
Holy shit this is so stupid, pls.
Who's hand is passing out the cash? What intrinsic value is maintained when you dilute?
>inflation isn't real
KYS if you think universal income is even feasible
>>
The more secure the poor are the more risks they take and so become richer and like business men n sheeeit
>>
This is smart. Poor people will pay their rent. And middle class people will buy more shit. It makes America stronger as a whole because we are a consumer nation that other nations depend on us BUYING stuff.
>>
>>139981676
As long as functional alcoholics show up to break their backs at work; then that paper is worth something. Blame the worker.
>>
>>139981737
This, your debt it's already off the charts, I seriously expected more from Trump in terms of dealing with the debt, after all he talked about how a business can't out profit it's debt in the apprentice, but turns out liberals were right about his money making schemes.
>>
>>139981737
When Jews talk coin, you better listen goyim

This Jew is making a lot of sense.
>>
>>139981889
This is stupid. Farmers would have no reason to grow your food. Money would have no value.
>>
Instead of government wasting money like they do this would directly benefit people. I hope it happens it's only 1000 anyway can't really buy too much but it would push the stAndard of living ahead slightly. That little nudge that might make America the super power it once was.
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
Nice pasta faggot. Bet you dont even know what you're posting.
>universal income will boost economy
Why? Where's the proof?
>Muhh studies
What do they say? Besides "it will" or "will grow" where is the evidence?
>Zuckerberg said so.
Enough said
>>
>>139982054
What lmao. An organic pepper is $2.70 at Whole Foods. One pepper.
>>
>>139981088
does this research theorize that this is in addition to any sort of welfare payment?
>>
Dumbest shit I've ever read. Just a dream of niggers and basement dwellers. Entitlement on steroids because the current one isn't bad enough
>>
File: 1390255942127.gif (973KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1390255942127.gif
973KB, 500x372px
>>139981088
>grow the economy
Hyperinflation isn't "growing the economy."
Learn from Zimbabwe.
>>
>>139981088

>thinking economists have any idea what they're talking about
>>
I live in a £4m flat, but my income is £8k a year.

Feelsbadman.
>>
Why does this thread keep showing up? Is there some kind of legislation in the works? Is anything official even leaning towards this being real? What's with the push for this topic right now? Why hasn't anyone been asking these questions?
>>
>>139981088
sauce on op pls
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186

And get fucked by inflation and debt of the country to the point its currency is worth less then a computer games mmo form of currency
>>
>>139981889
>Poorfags will use 1k to pay rent
>Middle class will buy useful shit
Kek. Wake up faggot
>>
Found the report, can someone sum it up for me because loldidntread
Is there actual science or economics behind this or is it just pure speculation
>http://rooseveltinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Modeling-the-Macroeconomic-Effects-of-a-UBI.pdf
>>
> 247,800,000 adults in the United States
> Steal from the hardworking and productive members of society through taxes or diluting the money supply through printing money
> Give each adult $1000
> 2.47 Trillion dollars is now available to spend
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>139982345
Shhh goy. Dont questions the kikes
>>
>>139981088
>THE LARGER THE UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME, THE GREATER THE BENEFIT TO THE ECONOMY
By this retarded fucking "reasoning", we should all get a million bucks a month. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
Saudi Arabia is beginning to collapse because the had a UBI system. A vast section of their population are NEETs, and the Saudis rely on foreign engineers and scientists to do anything complicated. Once the oil dries-up, they're fucked.
>>
>>139982285
seriously though, $1k doesn't net you much, in the US especially.
>>
>inb4 everyone buys drugs for the money and it escapes the system
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
>Israel
>>
This is a good thing. It will most likely lead to full on automation. Which is GOOD. And as we all know when white men do nothing, they do the most important thing. Think.
Almost all great inventors, philosophers and scientists came from wealthy families or owned slaves. Less work = less problems = innovation
>>
Holy shit...$2.5 trillion increase by 2025...And it'll only cost $12,000 per year per adult?

If we gave every adult $100,000 a month, we'd all be rich and the economy would increase by almost infinity!
>>
>>139981889
>trickle down works
>>
>>139981088
>a shitload of assumptions and abstractions fed into an equation
>"""""""""a study"""""""""""

Why must leftists always lie and mislead every moment of their lives?
>>
>>139981088

Universal basic income should ONLY be given in exchange for something else, like sterilization, or it will become an unbounded problem.
>>
>>139981088
>$3TRILLION a year in handouts would somehow "grow the economy"
>$21 TRILLION in handouts in the next seven years will somehow generate a $2.5 Trillion return

This is why libshits invented Common Core; they have to destroy math for any of their commie plans to make any sense
>>
>>139982554
have a source on this? ive heard that saudis have a super welfare system but i didnt know they relied on foreigners so much
>>
>>139981186
>>139981088
>kike LARPer using NAZI flag is actually kike
What a coincidence.
>>
>>139982615

"full automation" = a cognitive elite servicing the ever-growing masses with technology and hard work while the masses threaten violence if they don't get free stuff

There should be NO basic income without population reduction.
>>
Wait guys, hang on a second.

If they give 1k out to everyone, does that mean that all the other welfare payments and all that stop? Because I'm pretty sure niggers are taking in more than 12k a year in gimmedats
>>
>>139982721
Somehow people with money breeds less.

All evidence confirms this.
>>
>>139981088
ayy
>>
>>139981088
What is inflation and over population for 500 $ Alex?
>>
>>139981088
Long Air Jordans
>>
>>139982908
Couples should be limited to one or two children. Assuming a few die off we lessen the pipulation regardless.
>>
>>139982912
Doubtful. They would receive their benefits and this would be a whole separate fund in order to stimulate the economy - like a tax refund. But niggers already use their handouts to buy luxuries they have no right to have or means to pay for.
>>
>>139982985
What is this grills name?
>>
>>139983048
>Couples
*Niggers and Spics
>>
>>139982941

Fine, then they won't mind it.

You're also not accounting for the fact that the people with the money NOW are smart enough to limit the number of children, the people with money under a UBI system, not necessarily.
>>
>dump 3.2 trillion on the economy every year for 8 years
>grow economy by 2.5 trillion
Liberal math.
>>
>>139981088
>live normally
>use free gubmint fiat to purchase crypto
>>
>>139981088
why stop at $1,000
let's go for $1,500,000
literally massive growth which only makes everyone richer
>>
People used to spend there money buying things and entertainment going out family vacations house projects. Now everyone barely can afford to live. This is a good idea. 1k isn't shit
>>
>>139983170
Precisely.
>>
>>139983048
How about couples that can afford it can have as many children as they want, cut off all welfare, and let the halfwit niggers with five baby daddies starve to death? The problem solves itself.
>>
So... where would the money be coming from?

$1000 a month to every American... that's about $320 billion a month in extra spending, or $3.84 trillion per year. Who's going to pay for that?
>>
>>139983184
I don't if they are "smart enough" they just do it.

The numbers aren't smart they just are.
>>
>>139982941
People who EARN more money tend to be responsible breeders, not people who are given money. You only need to look at Africa to see the consequences of giving wogs free food.
>>
File: 1b3.png (42KB, 427x366px) Image search: [Google]
1b3.png
42KB, 427x366px
>>139981088
>>139981186
>>
>>139981257
hnngggg
>>
>>139982213
Sucks for you. If universal basic income comes out, food prices will go up even more, if you don't live in the heartland which is the vast majority of worthless retarded liberals. Why would farmers drop their prices knowing everybody has more cash to spend? Heartland supplies the pretentious fags in urban areas, that wouldn't change.
>>
>>139983378
Actually. I like this idea more. Kek.
Bit in all honesty. While i want niggers to die out. I want sane, critically thinking black people to live and continue to contribute.
Blacks > Niggers . Spics on the other hand... i cant say ive met a good one.
>>
>>139983426
>"grow" the economy (aka increase inflation) by 2.5 trillion per year
>simultaneously increase the national debt by 4 trillion

Anyone that thinks this is a good idea is a literal brainlet.
>>
>>139982985
Very cute but her toenails are kinda gross
>>
>>139982054

why?

I get over 1000 neet bux montly and im poor as shit and cant afford anything

You think all farmer will quit their jobs and live like a poor neet?
>>
File: 1502982390323.gif (457KB, 180x166px) Image search: [Google]
1502982390323.gif
457KB, 180x166px
>>139981088
<hurr just print more money and hand it out
Ummmm, what is inflation? Are people really this fucking stupid? Holy cow
>>
>>139981088
>Trap?
>>
>>139983426
Bernie Sanders will by waving his hands around and repeating "the top 1%" over and over. You read that in his voice. Boinyy
>>
>>139981088
I don't understand. Do US dollars have an objective intrinsic value? Is there something I am missing here?
>>
File: gibslogo.png (21KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
gibslogo.png
21KB, 300x180px
>>139981088
do i still get gibs even if i have a job that pays more than that? or just a tax credit, or what?
>>
>>139982213
>"organic"
>Whole Foods

Gonna stop you right there
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186

If you actually even read page one of the paper, you would realize that the assumptions it makes, which is:

>Specifically, the Levy model assumes that the economy is not currently operating near potential output (Mason 2017) and makes two related microeconomic assumptions: (1) unconditional cash transfers do not reduce household labor supply; and (2) increasing government revenue by increasing taxes levied on households does not change household behavior. Other macroeconomic models would make different, likely less optimistic forecasts, because they would disagree with these assumptions.

Which means that it is a fantastical delusion, a what if scenario and not applicable to real life. Like Communism.
>>
This is win win for USA since we are the global currency yes a little inflation happens but we become a buying super power again and in return even more money flows through USA. Think everyone is spending more money, more tourism more everything. More money is always better. They bailed out the banks and auto industry and airlines saving them from bankruptcy and now the Dow is at a record high. Obama DOUBLED the deficit and now the Dow is record high. Giving people USA people money is good bc debt doesn't matter. Inflation will adjust to where the jews can still make record profits but I'm thinking people will still have money the middle and poor class now so they can actually buy shit. And we need to buy guns
>>
>>139981088
>the more money you throw at the economy the more money is in the economy
really activates my almonds
>>
>>139983871
No. Liberals are just fucking retarded. This is nothing new that hasnt been argued down to irrelevance before. Universal basic income doesn't work because the money doesn't come from an alternate dimension.
>>
Predicted outcome of $1,000/month universal basic income: Economy grows

Actual outcome of $1,000/month universal basic income: Rents increase by $1,000/month, and the corresponding increase in property value for investors ensures that normal people will never be able to afford a house.
>>
>>139983794
Plus, people are just going to waste the money on dumb shit, which is just going to make the wealthy, wealthier. Then, they're going to get larger loans, which in turn, will create "more money" via fractional reserve banking.

God damn disaster all around, which will just exacerbate all of the issues we have now exponentially.
>>
I like this idea, but only POCs should be eligible, whites should have to pay for it considering they're the ones who destroyed the African's homeland and then took them as slaves.
>>
>>139982453
This

Poor people make bad spending decisions
>>
1k a month is poverty level.

If they're going to do universal income it needs to be at least 2k.
>>
>>139981088
>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month

This dis-incentivizes working and incentivizes being a dependant. It is designed to hurt and erode the middle class, which is the bedrock of American society. Once that segment of society is reduced and the dependant poor class is in the majority, then the nation will be ripe for takeover.

There is practically no difference between a Communist regime, a corrupt banana republic, a theocratic Islamist country or a feudalist state: they are all extremely centralized, top-down, extremely stratified totalitarian structures. There is very, very little economic mobility and individualism.

The $1000 monthly stipend (bribe) is really a form of pension; and now actual retirement pensions are in trouble. Many state pensions are underfunded due to incompetence, graft or dis-honest deals that are economically doomed. The politicians and CEOs that made the pension deals have made their money and safely retired to their estates. The mess that is coming will screw everyone else.
>>
Oh good now I would have to pay $500 in rent now as my current rent is $1500.
>>
>>139981906
That's the idea. As long as everyone pretend it's worth something then we can print it as much as we want.
>>
>>139981088
>be accused of "hate"
>cut off income
>fall in line because you're a dumb faggot with no discipline
>>
>>139984246
Yeah nah, your rent would increase.
>>
File: 1496913326405.png (17KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496913326405.png
17KB, 640x500px
>At it's peak, the mighty civilization of America crumbles when they resort to the teachings of it's antagonistic foe, communism
>The country then breaks down into several, anarchious city states protecting their previous borders and trying to expand

At least I won't have to deal with your bullshit immigration system and will be able to live in the mountains of Colorado.
Let mexicans going in by the thousands but deny a green card to a white norwegian, I don't even care about 90% of the rest of the US aside from oregon
>>
>>139984134
>5 trillion per year added to inflation
>8 trillion per year added to the national debt
>2k then will be the same as 2k now

Oh ok
>>
>>139981088
While I'm totally against the QE policies of the world's central banks. Given that money printing is the route they've committed to taking, I think it would be far more effective to distribute a small universal income rather than simply buying bonds from the banks which then gets funneled into the stock market. The current method only enriches the super wealthy who aren't likely to spend their gains, just save it and become even more wealthy.
This way, giving every adult a few hundred bucks a month, the money will get spent in the economy at a far higher rate and the velocity of money may increase. More growth. More inflation. Higher rates. Better returns for retirees on their fixed income. Etc.
Buy Taco Bell stock.
>>
>>139983506
I hope you realize that the aid to Africa never actually reaches the population like it's intended to.

People that breeds less doesn't do it out of responsibility (abortion rates confirms this), they have money, they can do other things besides puppies.
>>
>>139984246
>money is worth less
>somehow things will cost less
/leftypol/ shills threads for you, expect logic and get retards.
>>
File: FWyHErGg8WndEsgaPMBsDVnSLOQ.jpg (64KB, 420x560px) Image search: [Google]
FWyHErGg8WndEsgaPMBsDVnSLOQ.jpg
64KB, 420x560px
>>139983978
I dont even want to check my normiebook because i'll be mad when is see people sharing this study that will totally work omg guys we solved the economy unless our basic assumptions are false in which case everyone dies
>>
>>139981889
>Poor people will pay their rent. And middle class people will buy more shit.
And prices will rise due to rise in demand. So the poorer segments will still get priced out relatively quickly. So, a few years later, and time to increase the UBI benefit to reflect inflation, and so on.
>>
>>139981088
>1st of the month
>$1000 deposited into everyone's accounts
>3rd of the month
>all of the niggers are broke and haven't paid their rent or bought food other then liquor and chips
>10th of the month
>rioting for more gibs
>get more gibs
>repeat next month until government runs out of money
>>
>>139983150
google

mewch Кeлли Haзapиo
>>
"I don't understand how inflation works" the post.
>>
>>139982014
>anglo falling for the jews

havent seen that before!
>>
>>139982526
>rosenvelt institute
kek
of course the solution is a redistribution of wealth rather than giving the people the means to provide for themselves. make it cheaper for smaller business to hire people and lower taxes on smaller business ease regulations etc. but that would be bad for the mega corps so fuckthat
>>
>>139982054
While money demand in the model would dip immediately after payday (assuming everyone is paid exactly at the same time), it would hike right back up and possibly further. So, no, money would still have value.
>>
>>139982054
No. You're stupid. My ambition in life wasn't to earn $12000 dollars a year and stop there. So I got a degree and worked hard so I'd get promoted.
I'm still out on this one until more data becomes available but, as a conservative (literally), I'm inclined to favor this over the unchecked upheaval automation threatens to unleash. The status-quo is unsustainable. We have to adapt.
>>
In all seriousness, here's a better idea: Instead of trying to give out money to everyone, let's make the money they already have stretch more. Rent is too damn high, so as a solution, let's crash the housing market. If you bought a house and you live in it, this just means you pay less in property tax. If you bought it as an investment, go fuck yourself. Investing in property doesn't contribute to the economy; it's just speculating on the price of a good, just like with precious metals and bitcoins. But it's worse, in that inflating the price of property gives people less money to spend on consumer goods, or investments in things that actually grow the economy, like shares in a startup company.
>>
>>139982311
You don't know what you're talking about.
UBI would temporarily increase the inflation rate but the fed would anticipate that and act accordingly - probably by raising target for overnight interest rates.
>>
File: sage.png (718KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
718KB, 640x800px
>>139981088

>Vox
>CNBC

Entire premise, as well as subject matter discarded. Sage
>>
>>139981088

>No net benefit if paid for by taxes
>>
>>139982213
>organic
>Whole Foods
>complains about the price of produce
>>
so who else is ready for the hordes of poor oppressed minorities crossing the atlantic for a shot at gibs
>>
File: 26k.png (288KB, 635x547px) Image search: [Google]
26k.png
288KB, 635x547px
>>
>>139985614
>Investing in property doesn't contribute to the economy
Yes it does. investing in property means more property is built. If no one invests in property there's be a shortage of rental properties, and the ones that exist would be expensive af.

Investing in property is only potentially an issue if you plan to just leave it vacant, which is stupid.
>>
>>139981088
Reminder: "the economy" is codeword for "increased spefinding from the good goys"
>>
People thinking prices will skyrocket don't understand more supply will be made as well to make up for demand
>>
>>139982409
Targeting inflation is the whole point of the fed. If policymakers in govt wanted to enact this kind of UBI, you can assume that the fed wouldn't just sit around. The increase in the Money Supply would be coming straight out of their coffers. Only thing that would happen is that prices would rise.
>>
>>139981088
Their "economic models" are completely meaningless. They utterly fail to predict the outcomes of any large scale event that drastically changes things. See the migrant crisis in Europe. Europe is slowly being economically fucked in the ass even though these vibrant young "doctors and scientists" were supposed to do nothing but boost the economy.

Those who would push to implement such a model on a national scale before testing it in smaller local segments are traitors to the country and should be torn from office.
>>
UBI is a form of slavery and should be fought on every level
>>
>>139986076
depends. If basic income results in more money being spent on consumption, the buying power of money will go down.
>>
>>139985594
You gotta read more about automation. It's going to make everything better, the new jobs created are going to be in the entertainment industry. New forms of entertainment will be invented that you can't imagine at the moment. Don't be a neo-luddite. Better jobs will come, such as "jobs of love" like spending time with elderly people. Alot of activities that are currently "volunteer" activities will become actual jobs when the retarded amounts of wealth are created by automation.
>>
(((Steinbaum))) of the (((Levy))) institute says that communism is good.

Instead of just 1000 a month why not 10,000 then we could all be rich and the economy would be even better?
>>
>>139982696
This is trickle up you fucking moron
>>
>Day 1 - universal income rolled out
>Day 2 - all prices adjust to account for universal income
>Day 2.5 - poor people is still poor
>>
>>139986249
Correct but in turn the entire economy will grow across the board outweighing the negatives of minor inflation. Everyone now has hbo. Everyone now is buying new appliances new tvs more food having more kids etc etc etc etc etc in return stimulating the economy.
>>
File: th.jpg (9KB, 161x188px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 161x188px
>>139981088

ReeeeeeeDISTRIBUTION
>• When paying for the policy by increasing taxes on households, the Levy model forecasts no effect on the
economy. In effect, it gives to households with one hand what it is takes away with the other.
>>
>>139986076
>we don't live in a finite existence
>supply will continue to grow and never exhaust!
>>
>>139981737
alaska has universal basic income right now
>>
File: 1488127758105.jpg (212KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488127758105.jpg
212KB, 1080x1080px
>>139981088
A $1,000 cash handout to all adults would grow the economy by 12.56 percent after eight years, the study finds.
>$1000 per adult per month (200+ million adults), $12000 per year, 96000 over 8 years
>Cost: $19.2 trillion
>Current US GDP: $18.57 trillion (2016)
>12.56% growth after 8 years: $20.90 trillion

So they are suggesting spending $19.2 trillion to grow the economy by $2.33 trillion. This is also ignoring the increased borrowing costs involved with $19.2 trillion in additional debt.

>TLDR
This is a shitty idea.
>>
>>139981088
>handing out money to everyone
>doesn't realize inflation exists
>nor that prices are set based on consumer purchasing power

Money becomes worth less, products become more expensive, all whilst the state puts itself in even more debt. Sounds like a marvelous idea, kek.
>>
>>139986692
But national debt means nothing so basically it is only a pro.
>>
>>139986517
>in turn the entire economy will grow across the board
I see no evidence for that.

>Everyone now is buying new appliances new tvs more food having more kids etc etc etc etc etc in return stimulating the economy.
None of that is producing value though, that's just consumption. You can't grow an economy just on consumption. Unless new more productive jobs and industry are created by this there will be no additional growth.

In that case, everyone gets paid more on basic income. But also prices go up by the exact same amount on average because people and businesses have to pay more tax to pay for the basic income. It's a closed system, the country isn't suddenly richer because taxes were increased to give to poor people to spend on consumption.
>>
>>139983426
Annual asset tax.
>>
>>139986806
But they're not they are set by whatever they can get away with. If people have 1k more per month they aren't just going to spend more on the same shit.
>>
>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025

It doesn't grow the economy, it just adds shitloads of cash in circulation, which has the adverse effect of increasing prices for everything, aka inflation.

This is the same sort of logic socialists used throughout the 20th century which ultimately lead to people forking over suitcases of money for a loaf of bread.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation
>>
>take 1k from everyone
>give 1k to everyone
this someone increases the economy?
>>
>>139981942
national debt cannot be paid off, its a scam. Every dollar is worth -1 dollar so it takes 2 to pay it off.
>>
File: 1957.jpg (54KB, 660x398px) Image search: [Google]
1957.jpg
54KB, 660x398px
>>139981088
The amount of cash given monthly should not be enough to allow someone to cover monthly rent for a single dwelling flat/house. Someone solely on UBI will either have to continue to live with parents, or be sociable enough to live in a shared dwelling.
>>
>>139986849
Oh vey, keep that national dept high goyim. Nothing wrong with paying interest on money the Fed printed out of thin air. Keep paying that interest back to Goldman Sa.. I mean... The Fed... Debt doesn't matter goyim!!
>>
>>139986849
How many times were you dropped on your head as a child?
>>
Maybe I'm an idiot, but what exactly do they mean by "paying with the deficit"?

Does that literally mean printing money?
>>
>>139982732
Think of it like this: What you spend is my income, and vice versa. What the govt is really doing when they give everyone a UBI is injecting money into the system (increasing money supply by $1000 per person) allowing for increased consumption across the board. Ideally this will encourage growth across all sectors, because 1000 per month isnt enough to really live off of. It's actually a capitalist move, in a way, because it will likely lead to the creation of more small businesses and in some best case scenarios would allow people to get off of traditional welfare.
>>
>>139986873
No shit but America producing ship has long since sailed. We are a consumer nation based on the fact that if anyone stops buying our oil or using u.s. Dollar we blow them up. This is a positive for the u.s. Any way you look at it. You're only as strong as your weakest link I.e. Poor middle class.
>>
File: 1478973085236.png (784KB, 861x928px) Image search: [Google]
1478973085236.png
784KB, 861x928px
>>139987076
You could audit the fed, pretend that it's them who fucked up and do the greece.
>>
I would live from the basic income and get some private money of the record.
>>
>>139986986
no, it says paying for such a program with tax would have no net effect on the economy, which is so obvious i hope they didn't actually run any models for that conclusion
>>
>Leftist Shill Alert
Stupid FAGGOT failed math in high school did you ? Ignore basic econ 101 thinking spending is the answer for everything on free riders ?
Kill yourself commie cunt !
>>
>>139986949
Supply and Demand.
Goods are scarce, meaning there is only a limited amount to go around. If everyone suddenly has an extra $1000 dollars to spend yet the amount of product on sale remains the same; in order to secure the product, people will pay more, thus increasing the base sale price.
>>
>>139987150
T. Brainlet
>>139987090
You do realize it's never going away and the higher the national debt the higher the dow jones is ?
>>
>>139981088
Why 1000 and not 2 or 10k? Why not a million? It will grow the economy by 6 gorillion %.
>>
>>139986949
>whatever they can get away with

That's exactly how prices are set based on consumer purchasing power. If literally everyone suddenly has more money, prices will rise for even the most basic things like milk, because they can now charge more. Your newly aquired 1k won't have the same purchasing value as prior to these handouts.
>>
>>139986986
If you read the article they said that the money would be secured by expanding the govt deficit, not by increasing taxes.
>>
>>139987190
>No shit but America producing ship has long since sailed.
Err no... the basis for the entire american economy is the fact that is produced shit. Are you some kind of commie. America sells a lot of oil, food and is home to some of the worlds most valuable tech companies, which produce quite a lot these days.

The US borrows a lot sure, but that's not sustainable. The US economy only survives because of what it produces. If it didn't, the dollar would quickly become worthless and no one would want to buy US debt. those $1000 monthly basic income payments wouldn't buy a loaf of bread.
>>
Why are they so stupid
>>
Where are the incentives to NOT have children?
>>
>>139987503
The america survives because big guns means infinite credit.
>>
>>139987158
How do you not see the basic cost of living going up to take advantage of the fact every adult has an additional $1000 a month to spend?

Why would apartment costs not rise to over $1000 simply due to demand?

Did the university system take advantage of us government backed loans in the 20th century which caused a skyrocketing cost of college?

Simply "injecting" money into a system does not give you a world free from the consequences of inflation.
>>
>>139987358
Other countries have been shipping to china and India and other countries if demand increases in America more will be shipped to America. How scarce do you fucking think they are? Most shit is thrown away when it is expired and un bought tvs and shit are sold at near unprofitable rates or returned for scrap parts. Supply isn't as scarce as you fucking think. More demand = the supply is made for the demand. We aren't talking about finite fucking materials we are talking about shit that's grown and produced like food and plastic and chips and shit and not to mention stuff that doesn't even require natural resources to produce like tv, cellphone, internet subscriptions
>>
>>139987408
What do you mean by this
>>
>>139981737
I hate commies and nazis and all socialists but in 50 years when a lot is automated there will be basic income. Who will pay for it you ask? The robots will. If more people are put out of work by robots they'll have no money to buy the things robots produce. So smart corporations and economists will see they need to give people money to buy their things.
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
Friendly reminder that UBI is used to obfuscate inevitable stagnation and even lowering of wages overtime, instead of addressing the the primary cause of it, meaning migration.
That way they can "grow" the economy at peoples expense and transition even working people into welfare slaves.
>>
>>139987602
basic income should only be handed out on condition if you can't prove you and your spose are productive members of society, you can't have children.
>>
File: what_cha_doin.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
what_cha_doin.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>139981186
>Forgeting your false flag
>>
>>139987498
>money from nothing
This means they will raise the funds by selling treasury bonds, which the government still has to make interest payments on. We live in an era of cheap money and low interest yields on T.Bonds. Expecting this trend to continue forever is naive.
>>
>>139987358
>Goods are scarce, meaning there is only a limited amount to go around. If everyone suddenly has an extra $1000 dollars to spend yet the amount of product on sale remains the same; in order to secure the product, people will pay more, thus increasing the base sale price.
This!
I don't understand how anyone can graduate with an economics degree if they don't understand this basic principle. If everyone is given a thousand bucks a month, the basic necessities of life will increase in cost until $1000 a month is utter wretched poverty.

This isn't cynicism. It's a fucking law of nature. Then again, libtards literally think their own genitals are a social construct, so I wouldn't expect them to acknowledge the realities of economic theory.
>>
>>139981737
Either money is being hoarded or too much money is going out of country, the way I see it, if its the rich hoarding it or sending it out of country then by all means print more money to devalue the money that isn't doing society any good. The money isn't staying in the flow of the economy, if it was being spent then there wouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>139986692
my opinion is that at some point UBI makes sense.

The u.s. has grown real per capita gdp 2%/yr for the last 70 years. If that continues for the next 70 years it's at nearly a quarter million. In a few hundred years it's going to be in the millions if we keep growing. At some point it becomes silly not to provide basics for people.

I don't know if we are there yet though.
>>
>>139987641
That was true in the 70's maybe. These days many countries could crash the US economy in a heartbeat if they wanted, such as china. The US will have trouble winning a war if the dollar is worthless. The US high debt has made it vulnerable.
>>
File: shock.jpg (80KB, 864x616px) Image search: [Google]
shock.jpg
80KB, 864x616px
>>139981088
>"THE LARGER THE UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME, THE GREATER THE BENEFIT TO THE ECONOMY, ACCORDING TO THE REPORT."
>These estimates are based on a universal basic income paid for by increasing the federal deficit. As part of the study, the researchers also calculated the effect to the economy of paying for the cash handouts by increasing taxes. In that case, there would be no net benefit to the economy, the report finds.
>>
>>139981088
>Keep printing moar monies

Yes, the Weimar republic worked out so well
>>
>>139987875
WASN'T
TRIED
BEFORE
>>
>>139987503
Lol. We went from 20% production to like 5% in the last twenty years and yet america is still rolling forward. We are a service nation no longer a producer. Shouldn't you worry about refugees cucking your wife Italy? We don't produce shit. China and India produce. We ship it around and sell it. We are the Jew country or the world so to speak.
>>
>>139987871
lol
>>
>>139986288
As I said, I'm still undecided until I learn more. You're prediction isn't appealing though. I'm an electrical engineer and computer scientist. I'm not a people person (beyond my own friends and family). Those jobs sound awful.
>computer science? You'll be fine, anon.
Nope. Human programmers and engineers will be a rarity pretty soon.
>>
>>139987423
Obviously there's a point of diminishing returns, since its a tradeoff. On the one hand, spreading out wealth unconditionally like this encourages the poor to become entrepreneurs (you have enough money to get by, so you can risk failure and increase competition). But spreading wealth too much also disincentivizes work (if everyone gets a million bucks, why am I wasting my time working at McDonalds or whatever to get an extra 2k?)
>>
File: turdflingingmonkey.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
turdflingingmonkey.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>139981088
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDkHLPanjkQ
>>
>>139987817
Like he said we have military strength to crush anyone who doesn't buy or sell us stuff. If china stops selling to us then they crumble economically as well. We are actually in cahoots with china in money laundering scheme to keep the US dollar high and their dollar lower it seems you mean well and are on the right path but highly uninformed
>>
Mo Gibs
>>
>>139987662
>Supply isn't as scarce as you fucking think.

Every single time these commies think that and with in 5 years people can't feed themselves.
Neck yourself.

>doesn't even require natural resources to produce like tv, cellphone

Conclusive proof you are a moron, stop posting.
>>
>>139981737
I would strongly refer UBI to an ever-expanding welfare state. Abuse of social services is rampant here in Canada, at least with UBI you could get rid of the entire poverty system and make corruption near impossible. There would have to be incentives to forfeit the UBI if you're a high earner (get bumped down a bracket etc), but it's better than our current system where the homeless have nicer clothes and phones than the middle class who are essentially funding a lifelong vacation for total scum
>>
>current adult population of the US : ~200 million
>200m * 12,000 = 2.4 trillion spent a year
>2.4 trillion * 8 years = 19.2 trillion

Gee, I would sure hope spending 20 trillion dollars would have some noticeable effect on our economy.
>>
>>139987933
You can't beat math you retard. The US becoming highly unproductive is a ticking time bomb. They only have a "service economy" because they make it work by constant borrowing money to pay for consumption. If they couldn't borrow they'd have to produce more.

Sooner or later the chickens will come home to roost and the US will be royally fucked. At some point US debt is going to stop being so attractive the and the US will suddenly have to figure out how to cut spending and undo 20 years of declines in productivity at the same time.
>>
>>139985773
>rather pick cotton for a warm meal in the evening
They won't probably ever understand, even corporates love the idea of UBI, there is reasons why it gets promoted everywhere.
>>
File: 1478720880399.png (159KB, 345x345px) Image search: [Google]
1478720880399.png
159KB, 345x345px
Dollars are counterfeit money. If they gave gold worth of 1000 $, that would mean they are serious. But we all know what will be the answer to this proposal.
>>
>>139982213

fucking nuts.
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186
>that flag
>>
>>139986873
>None of that is producing value though, that's just consumption.
So thats partially true but not really. Say payday comes and everyone gets their 1000 dollars. We can presume people in the economy will use that money to spend on *STUFF*. You're right that they will consume. But, if you didn't know, consumption is perhaps the largest factor when calculating a country's GDP or GNP.

Aggregate Expenditure (essentially another way of saying GDP) is equal to Consumption expenditure plus Investment expenditure plus Goverment expenditure plus Net exports.
>AE = C + I + G + (X - M)

Anyway so payday comes and people immediately start spending their money on shit. Lets say in our economy there are only two goods produced: Hamburgers and Televisions.
If consumption expenditure increases by 30% across the entire economy, hamburger and television sales will increase by roughly that much. If consumption increases by 30%, thats a major impact on GDP.

I'm using a very basic macroeconomics model to explain it to you but, long story short, there are definitely unknown potentials to instituting a UBI.
>>
>>139981088
Why stop at $1,000?

Why not just add zeroes to people's bank accounts?

That way we can make the US economy as big as we want it!
>>
>>139982554

perfect time to reread economic hitman again anon
>>
File: 2stoopid.jpg (75KB, 786x462px) Image search: [Google]
2stoopid.jpg
75KB, 786x462px
>>139988280
You know shit anon. As he said, every advanced economy becomes a service society at some point. They buy the trade surplus with a strong dollar and sell it on their domestic market or to other countries while exporting premium products not dependent on price.
At least that was the plan until Potus Donkeybottom decided to compete with the chinese in manufacturing the cheapest underwear and having bromance parties in the rust belt.
>>
>>139981088
Is that a trap, I want to know I can fap to this
>>
>>139982533
I didn't realize this. Are they trying to peddle free money as GDP growth by ignoring the money has to come from somewhere?
>>
>>139981088
Enjoy having a currency worth less than the yen.
>>
Some of you raise valid economic counterpoints to the case for UBI. I tend to agree.
Assuming UBI isn't an option, what alternatives have been suggested? (The status-quo is not a realistic proposal)
How do we ensure the plebs don't chimp out and burn it all down when they get laid off for R2DINDU?
>>
>>139988532
>If consumption expenditure increases by 30% across the entire economy, hamburger and television sales will increase by roughly that much.
My whole point is that wouldn't happen because if people get paid 30% more because of basic income, the TVs and Hamburgers will costs 30% more too because the businesses that make them have to pay higher taxes to cover the cost of the basic income.

Like I say, it's a closed system. Which is exactly what the paper ways too btw.
>>
>>139987802
Much of that growth was the result of increased productivity and improved technology. UBI will have the same effect as any massive welfare state: stagnation over time.

Feeling sorry for poor people isn't a good rationale for making bad long term decisions for our economic system.
>>
>>139981088
Imagine the growth if we gave everyone 10 million dollars a week.
>>
File: 1475896448928.png (29KB, 250x280px) Image search: [Google]
1475896448928.png
29KB, 250x280px
>>139981088
>>139981186
>>
File: 1497335241125.jpg (22KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1497335241125.jpg
22KB, 319x331px
>>139981088
Maybe we should just give everyone 50 million dollars a year, that'd inflate the economy like thousands of times!
Everyone would be rich!
>>
>>139988901
It's not even automation alone, welath isn't redistributed properly, the rich also suffer from this at some point, at latest when it's pitchfork time.
Businesses would be allowed to be much more flexible when it comes to firing people because they won't fall into a hole.
This will be very effective to move people to where they belong.
>>
>>139988225
see
>>139986692
It would basically be another Obama era "bail out" that trades short term growth for long term stagnation.
>>
>>139985773
Shut the fuck up leaf. Raising the overnight interest rates slows down the economy and actually would completely offset the gains they are suggesting in this article. Business lending and mortgage rates go up and entrepreneurship and home ownership decreases. Of course communists think this shit will work. We have low unemployment in this country; if you want to work fucking work. We need to be rewarding work more and punishing laziness.
>>
>>139981088
>>139981186

12k a month multiplied by the adult population of the US (245.3 million) gives you roughly 2.9 trillion dollars as a cost. The Federal government takes in 3.3tn in revenues; the cost of this would radically squeeze out basic research and defense, let alone things like Medicare and Medicaid which provide considerably greater value than 12k/yr to their recipients.
>>
File: 1502227315652.jpg (101KB, 500x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502227315652.jpg
101KB, 500x1024px
>>139981088
> the larger the handout, the greater the economic boon...
why stop at $1000 a month? why not $10,000?
$100,000? a million?
fuck, that would be awesome!

more proof that studying economics is the surest way to learn all the best ways to be shit with money

and of course this is espoused by a faggot hiding behind a nazi meme-flag
i guess you forgot that nazis are supposed to be right wing capitalists.

communism never changes, it just hides behind a new disguise and crafts more outlandish stories

OP is a filthy communist.
>>
all universal basic income does is equalize everyone financially with the niggers while the 1% is unaffected because after all is said and done the money is funneled to their hands anyway.
>>
>Give free money to people
>cost increases to make up for higher spending ability
>inflation
>increased cost of imports
>economical collapse
Yeah, sure, go ahead
>>
>>139981088
How about subsided college instead?
>>
>>139987657
So those are good questions. To be clear - I don't really support the UBI. But I'll try to answer you.

>Cost of living going up
It is true that it would likely increase, but it would be up to policymakers to discourage that kind of gouging. If the money supply increases by 1000 per head, we would certainly see hikes in price to things like apartment rentals, but in aggregate consumer demand would push that down. It is only 1000 dollars, its not going to change anyone's life. The increase to the price of living would be minimal.

>Injecting cash into system does not free us from inflation
It doesn't, thats true, but I never would propose that UBI would lower inflation. In fact inflation would likely increase by a few quarter-percentage points in the first few months before the fed dealt with it through monetary policy, you know, like stabilizers. As a result we would likely see an increased interest rate which could discourage investment, but the opportunity cost of reducing investment is an exorbitantly high amount of consumption, so some would say that it would be worth it.
>>
>>139981088
>$1000 a month in cash handout to every US adult: this is what may happen
Inflation happens.
>>
>>139981088
((((((Free Money))))))))
Ffs.
>>
>>139981088
UBI will offer you just enough money to become dependent on the government just before the government decides to exterminate you. There is no free lunch.
>>
>>139989404
You don't understand that you are not only feeding the lazy but a big machine feeding the lazy as well.
>>
>>139989404
No, raising overnight interest rates slows down investment, the loss of which would be offset by the massive amount of new consumption. I don't even support the UBI, but there are advantages to it.
>>
>>139981186
>"When paying for the policy by increasing taxes on households rather than paying for the policy with debt, the policy is not expansionary," the report says. "In effect, it is giving to households with one hand what it is taking away with the other. There is no net effect."
It's like these people have never heard of the Laffer curve and it's implications.
>>
>>139981088

good idea desu

In addition, I would end all social welfare programs, and use the money saved to boost the UBI. Save tons of money and cut the bureaucracy

This is what the government is good at, and useful for: Large-scale, simple shit, not the current approach (trying to have finely-tuned welfare systems aimed at reducing inequality, which just leads to the capture of these systems by special interests since 'inequality' is such a vague concept)

In addition, it gives a good, solid target for what should be a bare minimum 'livable' income: it's whatever the UBI is
>>
Is that a trap?
>>
>>139989447
see >>139988119
>>
>>139990090
arent they all?
>>
Most of the opposition to this seems to be "inflation". How is the inflation caused? By rent-seeking landlords increasing rent prices? And who's fault is that?

So this universal basic income COULD work, if landlords didn't cause inflation by inflating their prices. And why would they inflate their prices? They'd still get the same amount of money from renters, so why do they feel the need to increase prices just because they can? Greed.

So perhaps the problem isn't universal basic income, but greedy fucks like landlords and businesses taking advantage and raising their prices.

Stop shitting on a good idea and start shitting on the landlords who would fuck it all up. Direct your anger towards the fuckers who would destroy a system like this just because they want more magic numbers in their bank account balance, when they already have more than enough.
>>
File: C-1y9h_XoAYvjhC.jpg (169KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C-1y9h_XoAYvjhC.jpg
169KB, 900x1200px
>>139990090
arent they all?.
>>
File: 1495575712434.jpg (10KB, 235x212px) Image search: [Google]
1495575712434.jpg
10KB, 235x212px
>>139981088
GDP IS NOT PROSPERITY

You can have high money velocity while having low amounts of capital goods.

Prosperity is having more capital goods. UBI encourages consumption of capital goods without encouraging replacing them. UBI will destroy capital goods, which means UBI will make our economy poorer.

This is a far more serious threat to prosperity than even QE and artificially low interest.
>>
>>139990218
>And who's fault is that?
basic income. Landlords will be forced to raise rents due to higher taxes and more demand for property.

Almost every time a country starts blaming property prices on "greedy" landlords, things get much much worse very quickly.
>>
>>139990218
>Being this stupid
Take a basic microeconomics class.
>>
>>139982213
if there is no incentive to work, many will simply not work.

> but muh "organic pepper" from whole foods...
the "organic" sticker is meaningless. i can legally slap it on anything i grow, and i use pesticides, herbicides and gmo seeds.

if the govt decided to throw money at me just for breathing, then the costs of inducing me to get off my ass and grow those "organic peppers" will have to go up accordingly
now that poblano with the kitchy label and the bullshit "organic" sticker costs you $5

and that is assuming the currency doesnt devalue when they start giving it away as a prize for maintaining homeostasis
once the inflation hits, that "organic pepper" will cost you $10 easy, or it will all be shipped in from mexico

once the US dollar becomes just another inflationary marxist giveaway, it will follow the zimbabwe-buck, the mexican peso, the mexican nuevo-peso, whatever dried leaves and seashells they use in guatamala and belize, and hundreds of other failed fiat currencies

soon the us dollar will be worthless except for wiping my ass after a loose shit, then you best come to me with canadian loonies, or ill keep my "organic peppers" for sale to somebody with real money

welcome to the real world faggot.
your meme-flag faggotry wont help you now.
>>
>>139988919
No, Important distinction: people aren't EARNING 30% more, they are in aggregate SPENDING 30% more, i.e. their average and marginal propensities to consume will have increased. Some argue that if we experience an aggregate demand shock, the money earned by firms will go into capital investment and aggregate supply will slowly increase, effectively raising prices but at the same time growing the economy.
>>
>>139990218

I wouldn't exactly say it's HORRIBLE AWFUL GREEDY to try to get more money when people can afford more

That being said I doubt it would cause as much inflation as detractors are freaking out about. It would probably cause selective inflation in some key areas (particularly food, and low-class rental prices)
>>
>>139990484
***Macroeconomics
>>
>>139990399
>>139990645
I feel so sorry for the landlord maybe having to only dine out once a week instead of twice, or go on vacation and stay in a 4 star hotel instead of a 5 star, and all because the peasants dared to not want to be homeless.
>>
>>139990496
Already there are 80 million Americans not working. Look up YouTube videos of how an ant colony operates 1k a month 12k a year is nothing and if you weren't going to work before you aren't going to work now but your argument isn't really valid. There is a process to become organic certified and it costs a lot of money. Organic foods cannot use gmo seeds but still use pesticide on the soil pre planting but not during its growth.
>>
>>139990607
>their average and marginal propensities to consume will have increased
Yes, by the EXACT amount that the prices of the good they want to buy have increased because of extra taxes. They can't buy any more good than they used to. They are not better off on average. The economy is bot bigger by a single bean.

Again, the paper says this exact thing.
>>
>>139982561
This
And also sending it across borders.
>>
File: 1488678226023.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1488678226023.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>139981088
Gee, why not cut out the middleman and just make every good and service free by law?
>>
Where have I heard about this before?

https://youtu.be/JiaCalF8UpA
>>
>>139989447
There can be a balance just like there is a balance in many economic things. Do you fuck goats for a living
>>
>>139988289
I'm talking about the Federal Reserve you Kraut, the whole purpose for which is to keep the inflation rate low.
>>
>>139990218
You are an economic retard if you think landlords are responsible for inflation.
Can you not into fractional reserve banking?
>>
>>139990753
Being a landlord is generally a pretty bad way to make money unless you really know what you're doing or you're very smart. Most rental accommodation is shit because the landlord makes fuck all money on it and can't afford to do it up as he's like.

The rent a landlord collects is not some kind of free money. It almost always has to pay off a mortgage, and the landlord keeps a little as profit. Making money as a landlord is not much better than just making money off a savings account in the bank or whatever.
>>
>>139981088
hyperinflation
>>
>>139981088
How would the UBI be payed?
Bank account linked to a social security number.
A bank account that's also linked to your (if you're a normie, of course) social media accounts.
Do you see the potential horror? One wrong word against the government and your government mandated income is stripped from you.
Bill Burr actually made a joke about that previously, it was eerily prescient.
>>
>>139989500
If you give a mouse a cookie.
>>
>>139990847
Taxes would have to not increase too much due to the fact that we all know its Monopoly money the govt would have to want this growth as well and keep taxes the same or raise them very little.
>>
>>139981676
I have a tiny penny from the 60s in a little plastic case that says:
>The Nixon Penny
>And getting smaller, and smaller, and smaller...
>>
>>139990722
An individual business raising rent prices as a result in demand for their product is Microeconomics. There is nothing wrong with attempting to maximize your profit as it is morally the same thing as a consumer shopping around for the lowest price.
>>
>>139981088
This will cause inflation and will be the first step in making the dollar just green paper which will lead to balkanization of USA. Also, a lot of immigration niggers will come.
>>
>>139984203
> makes reasonable and rational criticism of marxism and it's many failings
> actually accurately describes marxism and feudalism 2.0
> forgot he was waving his commie meme flag
you really are the worlds foremost pile of shit
>>
File: fix money.png (299KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
fix money.png
299KB, 500x332px
>>139981088
My thoughts on this. If it's; you get 1000 a month to spend but at the end of the month it all get reshuffled so that you only have 1000 at a time in "free" money, then I can see it maybe working.
>>
Everyone arguing against this is must all be making tons of money and want to hold on to their lifestyle but for the majority of Americans they don't have 1k in the bank and live paycheck to paycheck. This is literally trickle up. Trickle down didn't work and would never clearly. There can be some good arguments made from this. Imagine all your ants in your colony are buying shit and doing and creating instead of just playing vidya all day.
>>
Ehhh, I'm a conservative post-capitalist. The days of free markets, privately owned means of production, 40 hour work weeks, and nonsense jobs are coming to an end. But hopefully also the post capitalist society will be nationalist and a meritocracy.
>>
>>139991124
>we all know its Monopoly
It's not though. The interest you have to pay on your debt is very real. And the consequences of the day China decides it doesn't want to buy any more US debt because it can sell it's goods in its own economy will be dire.

But keep tellings yourself money is just magic and americans can get free money from the government because they are special. See what may come.
>>
>>139985967

We have already built plenty of houses, and right now, 7 percent of rental houses are vacant.

https://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/files/currenthvspress.pdf
>>
>>139981088
Awesome, just make it $10,000 a month, and the economy will grow by $25 trillion, and with everyone getting the $10,000 a month, we will all be able to quit our jobs, and live a nice lifestyle. Married couple immediately will be pulling in a quarter mill a year. The government just needs to deposit the money into everyone's account, and poverty eliminated. Brilliant plan. I'm just wondering if the people who created that study may have been overlooking something.......
>>
>>139991364
You do realize if that day ever comes the entire world is fucked? We are in cahoots with china. The interest doesn't matter we just print more lmao. You do realize it doubled in 8 years and there has been little change of which your infering
>>
>>139991504
That's a real problem, but not necessarily to do with landlords. You can fix that with property taxes and shit.
>>
>>139990960
Except there isn't a limiting principle. $1000 a month per person would still qualify them for most welfare programs. Why not $1 billion per person?

The argument here is that the larger a UBI program there is, the greater the economic growth is. So why not $1 billion per person? Is it because it would cause massive inflation like all the conservatives on here are suggesting?
>>
>>139991584
>You do realize if that day ever comes the entire world is fucked?
Of course. But the US is much more fucked than China. Maybe more than Europe.
>>
>>139991527
You do realize there can be a balance between hyper inflation and slight inflation autism
>>
>>139981818
I have a feeling that will mean people burying themselves in debt because they assume they will be able to pay it off with their neetbux. But since our economy runs on debt maybe thats the point. Turn the stupidest among us into dependant serfs
>>
>>139991690
LOL. No that means we go to war silly. And china would be more fucked. Billions of slaves would die within months.
>>
>>139981088
>Roosevelt institute
>steinbaum
huh
>>
>>139982912
it's time we starting charging white people for their privilege, Why should they get it for free?
>>
File: taytay autism5.gif (2MB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
taytay autism5.gif
2MB, 500x526px
>Milton Friedman: The Rise of Socialism is Absurd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKhfR8WC4Eo
>>
>>139991690
We produce all the food so we won't starve. We have the best army so we won't die tell me how we lose in this situation?
>>
>>139991812
>No that means we go to war silly.
If you say so
>And china would be more fucked
I'll bet on the country with he strong economy winning rather than the one with the savaged economy.
>>
>>139981088
Sauce?
>>
>>139991938
They depend on us buying their stuff like we do them producing it??????
>>
>>139991933
Because being devolved to an agricultural nation with no money is "losing" in most peoples minds.

Have fun doing much with the army with no money.
>>
>>139990753

stop being a little bitch, you dumb faggot

people are going to try to get as much money as they think they can, that's only natural

the point is to build a system that can account for this desire and achieve stability, not moan endlessly about OH MUH GREED MUH FALLEN HUMAN NATURE A BLOO BLOO BLOO
>>
>>139992015
>They depend on us buying their stuff like we do them producing it??????
Today they do But rapidly they are becoming quite happy to buy the stuff they make themselves. Why make shit to sell to Americans when Chinese people can afford it now?
>>
>>139981088
>give everyone free money it will fix the economy!
You guys are fucked. SJWs will run the economy in 10 years
>>
>>139991235
>An individual business raising rent prices as a result in demand for their product is Microeconomics.
Oh, I'm not saying that that scenario is Micro. I'm saying that >>139990218 should take a macro class to understand how inflation is caused and how it works, among other things.
>>
>>139986660
Well no, that's the jews paying off those idiots so they can drill drill drill.
>>
File: 1502641849061.png (398KB, 551x608px) Image search: [Google]
1502641849061.png
398KB, 551x608px
>>139981589
Implying that wasn't part of my ploy, Goy.
>>
With more and more jobs automating how are we going to survive stuck in this same outdated BS system where people work worthless jobs to buy shit they don't even need or want, just because some marketer tells them to they need to buy shit to be cool and happy. Bullshit degenerate system. More people, more construction, more hours, more goods and services, more profits, less happiness.
>>
>>139992101
>that's only natural

I am fairly certain societies have existed before the glorification of exploitation and general stance of "greed is good" somehow became the status quo, as opposed to, you know, making sure people have somewhere to live and food to eat.

Maybe it would be more interesting to look as to why people feel the need to make as much money as they can, even if it's to the detriment of others. Why are numbers in a bank account, or little metal coins, or sheets of cloth/paper valued more than humanity? Why do people feel the need to do shitty things to each other in pursuit of money?
>>
>>139990835
> gonna tell me about "organic certification"
> thinks i dont have "organic certification" but still grow GMO crops right alongside the "organic" ones
> thinks human societies are like ant colonies
> 12k/year is "nothing"
> if it's nothing, well why dont YOU give everybody $1000/month?
> ohh so it's not "nothing" and in fact is more than your entire net worth?
now i see why you favour this idiocy.
you think this gibsmedat will benefit you.
it will not benefit you.
you will be selling your freedom for a few sheckels, and when the endless fountain fo free money dries up, youll be worse off than you are now.

also, fuck you and your meme-flag.
>>
>>139982127
Same although i don't agree with it. I could really use the cash, and its all worthless anyways, at least it will give some a chance to better themselves before shit REALLY gets bad. The dummies will just consume though. I'll be paying for school, investing (stock market) and starting businesses for passive income.
>>
>>139981088
>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025

$1,000 x 12months = $12,000
$12,000 x 7years = $84,000 per adult
>There were about 125.9 million adult women in the United States in 2014.
$84,000 x 130,000,000 adults = $10,920,000,000,000
11 trillion dollars to grow the economy 2.5 trillion

bruh
>>
>>139987705
this is the world I want to live in. Oy vey Freedom is slavery.
>>
>>139992542
Not a single argument lmao
>>
the GDP meme again!
>>
>>139990960
> there can be a balance...
not in handouts dumbass.
once you start giving away free shit, the weakest and most unfit become dependent on it
dependence only increases the numbers of the unfit
just look at the negro community.
the gibsmedats programs turned black america from a productive growing and vibrant subculture to a worthless ghetto slum in less than 50 years.
the "balance" you speak of is capitulation, and i dont capitulate

fuck you and your meme flag.
>>
>>139991527
You are correct. These degenerate corrupt think tank MthrFkrs are just that. Corrupt librard MthrFkrs that need to die off the face of the earth. Not even the fkn devil would deal with these degenerates! Now they try to appeal to the socialists with ''MUH FREE MONEY!!'

YOU'VE HAD YOUR CHANCE, FUCKTARDS, AND THE WORLD SEES WHAT YOU ARE!

>reactions reveal how naked careerism has eroded what little remains of the liberal cause in the US. Despite the fact that the left, as does the right, has a moral stance underlying its political positions, operatives on the left have been willing to sell out, not just to make the occasional compromise, but on bedrock principles. Here the fish has rotted from the head; this posture reflects the corporatist-in-sheep’s-clothing stance of Obama filtering through the Democratic party infrastructure.

https://shadowproof.com/2011/06/05/on-fauxgressive-rationalizations-of-selling-out-to-powerful-moneyed-backers/
>>
>>139982127
Some people can't compete in the market so having 1000$ each month is the better option for them. Also, many people can't be relied on for cooperation so receiving 1000$ is nice. It would also create more incentive to take risks because you can fall back on your stable income while trying to earn more money.
>>
>>139992034
How do wars happen because trade with one country stops doesn't mean the army fails r u retarded
>>
>>139981088
I know nothing of economics but I don't need to to see immediately that this is a stupid idea.
The only major effect giving every member of the nation $1000 for "free" every month would have would be to give the uppermost 1% of the society an additional ((population x $1000) - underpaid employee wages) every month. The vast, vast majority of people would spend the money on the first piece of trivial bullshit that caught their eye because hey, the money was free! Just like all that credit card money that they already spent! And speaking of that, most people would probably end up in even worse financial situations than they started in because seeing the additional money in their bank account would make them feel safer about going EVEN FURTHER INTO DEBT like the dumb apes they are.

UBI is either a lefty pipe dream based on hopes and fairy dust or a fucking Jew trick to convince poor idiots to part with even more of their money.
>>
>>139992567
Who tells them to consume, and why?
Where does the money go? Where do the profits go?

>/pol/ realizes the "free market" (in which banks get shitloads of handout money if they fuck up but the general populace is left to die) is just an upwards funnel for money and explains why the wealth gap is increasing and why a half-dozen people now own half the world's money
>>
>>139981088
>Larger ubi means a bigger benefit

Why not give everyone twenty million instead of 1k?
>>
>>139992971
No, the army fails because the countries finances are destroyed and they can't pay for the war.
>>
>>139981088
$1000 isnt enough, I want $2000.
>>
>>139992482

Oh no, people try to make as much money as possible, oh god, it's like they're saying greed is good guys, oh god why doesn't the average renter or store owner lower his prices in some vague bullshit way that makes sure everyone has a place to live and food to eat, oh gosh guys it's almost like a single store owner or renter doesn't own enough property to make even the slightest dent in the economics even if they did decide to do that, surely that can't be true, it would be awful of us to have a society where a store owner just had to worry about running his store instead of being constantly guilted about things he has zero control over

> why is money valued more than humanity

Because 'humanity' is a vague bullshit concept and the average poor person isn't some noble victim, they're usually insufferable shitheads who fritter away their money and nobody wants to be obligated to pick up their slack, you'd know this if you actually lived among poor people
>>
>>139981257
Shut your filthy degenerate mouth we've turned your own thread against you you fukwit. Mankind will ALWAYS veer towards truth you numbskull. Your kin will run for the hills soon. CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY
>>
Someone make a part 2
>>
>>139989046
>UBI will have the same effect as any massive welfare state: stagnation over time.
That's your biased assertion based on a false equivalence and no data.
>>
I would rather see damn near 50% of the workforce in the US stay at home with gibmedats than work. It's almost intolerable to deal with these people.

Shrink the system, not grow it. Capitalism is NOT the future. Will the post capitalist society be socially conservative or socially liberal? It's up to the social conservative folks to decide. They better own economic socialism or they will lose and the future will be bleek
>>
File: 1487047276941.jpg (64KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
1487047276941.jpg
64KB, 685x567px
>>139981088
Will this in addition to my NEETbux or instead of?
>>
>>139991357
>nationalist and a meritocracy
these are mutually exclusive, you faggot.
>>
>>139981264
Of course (((establishment-owned think tanks))) would push for more IOU's from the (((FED))). They will laugh all the way to the bank
>>
>>139981088
It's not a crazy idea. You can tax above $12K for an adult a yer to recoup the costs, and it cuts all the government jobs to distribute welfare. All the nogs in charge of welfare lose their jobs. Way better than welfare, and it's more intellectually honest that constant extraction of taxes to "help" the poor.
>>
>>139993546
No, they're not. Meritocracy within a nationality.
>>
Why not $10,000 per month per person? Then we can grow the economy by 25 trillion instead.

Where is my nobel prize?
>>
>>139992764
> implying i need to refute your bullshit post which failed to make a single assertion betyond "nuhh uhh!!" and "i know you are but what am i?"

seriously, you should shut your whore mouth before you make yourself look like more of a fool than you already have

i am a fucking farmer you degenerate faggot, and i have "organic" certification, so i can tell you it is meaningless.
the "gmo is poison" bullshit is even stupider.
it is designed to buffalo the most idiotic people on earth, college kids and lefties.

also, people who hide behind meme-flags should shampoo my crotch.
>>
>>139983306
why not a billion? a trillion? fuck it. we're all quintillionaires now. go buy Europe. seems to me somebody will have to ante up the thousand bucks, and hate to say it, but I'm tapped the f_ck out.
>>
>>139993182
So why don't lots of store owners join up in unison and all work together to make a change? The elites with all of the money all jerk each other off, why is it so bad for the regular citizens and small business owners to do so, so that they stand a chance?

You've been misled into hating your peers for wanting somewhere to live, into being against the idea of everyone getting a small income, whilst the corporations and people at the top evade billions of dollars in taxes.

Just think about it, anon. Some "undesirable" (who is in fact struggling just like you, just like me, just like the rest of us) getting a small amount of money so they can survive, is so small in comparison to the incredible amount of bad done by multinationals. So why is all of your hate focused on the comparatively microscopic problem?
>>
>>139981088
Economic solutions can't help a multiracial society.
Don't be seduced, just always advocate for less government, balanced budget, block grants, devolution.
>>
>>139994086
people who quote old movies to try to be clever should tongue my asshole after a diarrhea explosion but before I wipe
>>
File: 1500751434971.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500751434971.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
>>139981088
>>139981088
>>139981088
>>139981088

Veiled Communism
>>
>>139987675
>in 50 years when a lot is automated there will be basic income.
If you think that eaters are going to be kept alive and viable during the transition to automation, you've got another thing coming. The middle class will disappear (they already aren't reproducing at replacement levels) and the lower class will be kept on as a type of menial labour slave class.

When people talk about replacement demographics, this is the reason why.
>>
>>139992329
>ha jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>139994086
Quit larping
>>
1000 a month? why not 10k a month?

isn't possible since we are over run with hispanics and niggers.
>>
>>139985275
0 results
>>
Would this be implemented while keeping other assistance programs in its current state?
Like will people still receive additional welfare assistance (food stamps, social security, etc) AND basic income?
>>
>>139992935
There will always be weak and dependent I.e. Homeless and welfare. This way maybe there is less homeless on the streets
>>
>>139994241

The people in the middle classes in America are mostly too stupid to see that they're peasants or they do realize it unconsciously, but their fragile psyches won't let them fully realize it, so they misdirect their anger at the bottom tier and admire the upper tier.

Truth is if you don't understand the current system then you deserve to get taxed to the nth degree for being a fucking babysat degenerate slave who's too much of a pussy to come to terms with the fact you're being cucked by your elites.
>>
I spent 6 years in school to get a high paying job I hate. Most of my colleagues also hate their job. Why would we continue to do it if we could get enough to live on for free? I'm quitting if this happens.
>>
>>139994890
U can live on 1k a month where? LOl
>>
>>139994890
Why don't you get a part time job doing something else that pays $12,000 a year?

Sounds like you'd give up your high paying job for $12,000 a year, so why wait?
>>
>>139994241
The day that UBI happens, every McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Taco Bell and Dairy Queen in the country shuts down because 3 million niggers just quit their minimum wage jobs and decided to just live off $1,000/mo.
>>
Need to just give people that are employed making less than 50k 1k a month or something like. This way it incentivized working and helps middle and lower class while not giving more money to rich people that don't need it. Get rid of welfare unless you have kids as a single mother etc.
>>
>>139994890

I hope you get the freedom with a UBI to quit, or have your hours drastically reduced, so you can spend more time in leisure.
>>
>>139987802
I don't give a fuck about growth when it's only the greedy fat kikes at the top benefiting while we get a measly $12,000 out of it. Whoever thinks this is a good idea is either some rich fuck that is going to benefit largely off of this or a retarded lazy Gen Y that thinks they'll just make extra money selling their shitty art that millions of other lazy retarded Gen-Y's are making and selling at the same time.

Do we need to get the ovens fired up again? Because this is what makes me want to fire up the ovens again. My great-grandfather fought for the wrong side.
>>
Tbh the world could be doing a lot more. Just make some state or city a place where poor people go for training and housing like government funded homeless to job work shelter. Doesn't matter if they stay there forever because they are working and supporting the city meanwhile those who do aspire to change can be trained in whatever skill they want. Welding truck driving etc etc. if I were a billionaire millionaire I would do something like this.
>>
>>139994890
>>139995119
How the fuck do you expect to survive off of $12,000 a year? That's not even minimum wage in America, and you think you'll be living the high life? Are you fucking kidding me? Either you are both incredibly lazy or stupid. In both cases you should just be killed because your apathy and lack of will is going to destroy this country.
>>
>>139981088
>Less than 2% GDP
We're at 3% right now, why go to a worse system?
>>
>>139994857
It's such a shame, really. I feel like if more Americans snapped out of the "American dream" and realized they were not, in fact, "temporarily embarrassed millionaires", then they would get a lot more angry at the elites.

Unfortunately for many, the current culture instead idolizes the rich and makes it seem like the best option is to try your best to shit all over your peers and become the boot, so you can be "better" than the bootlickers.

It stings to imagine how much better things could be if people joined together against the elites, instead of falling for the left vs right, white vs black, constructed bullshit designed to distract everyone from the fact they are all being exploited.

>>139995089
Automation will do that anyway, anon. Surely it's better that the people made redundant have some form of income so they aren't forced to either steal or starve?
>>
>>139983622
City hispanics are pretty bad, but most of the hispanics I've met in rural areas are good people and haven't had much trouble with the whole "Come to America to be an American" concept
>>
>>139995049
>>139994890
Exactly, go waste off of $12,000 a year by yourself by getting a job at McDonald's part time if you want to give up. Don't make the rest of us suffer because you're a lazy miserable fuck.
>>
>>139995365
It would grow it by an additional 2% I think is what they meant. So it would be 5% total, almost double the current growth rate.
>>
>>139995354
That money will enable you to work much less. The idea is degrowth, not growth. We don't need any more will in the direction of being "productive" we need less.
>>
>>139995418
>Automation will do that anyway, anon. Surely it's better that the people made redundant have some form of income so they aren't forced to either steal or starve?
I make $70,000 a year at a full time job. If you come try to take that from me with promises that an automated world where I only get $12,000 a year from the kikes in charge is better, you will get your skull cracked open. All of your comrades will get their skulls cracked open, or myself and millions of others will die trying. Get your filthy Jewish hands off my paycheck or I will remove them for you.

DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THE KIKE.
>>
>>139983426
Peter will pay Paul
>>
>>139995562

That's bullshit, son! Take the money from someone that's hoarding and GIVE it to someone so that they won't have to get a job at a fast food restaurant. Automate that bitch. Eventually money will be phased out.
>>
>>139995701
Yes, work much less and make much less so the top can take more money and resources for themselves while we all waste away. Go fucking die in a ditch you lazy piece of shit.
>>
>>139995866
>If you come try to take that from me with promises that an automated world where I only get $12,000 a year from the kikes in charge is better, you will get your skull cracked open.
It's inevitable. The free market will make it happen. If it happens to you you better skill up for whatever jobs aren't automated yet.
>>
>>139981088
>Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month
Is there enough of the white working class and the "talented 2%" of blacks that work even left anymore? On the other hand it would certainly be cheaper to just give blacks their own state and pay them then let them roam free with an additional $1000 (not that they live on a budget or anything)
>>
>>139995866
If you're such a slave to where you'll work a full time job and not realize youre being cucked then I highly doubt you'll react with violence to being taxed higher. Slave rebellions very seldom happen, and when they do, they're not usually successful.
>>
>>139996098
Stupid nigger
>>
>>139995866
It won't be me who decides that you're fired because a machine can do your job for far, far less.

You can blame your boss and his greed for profits for that one. And then congratulations, you're now a poor like everyone else. But the real secret is in the grand scheme of things, you're already poor compared to the elites.

The real mistake was thinking you're middle class and so aren't like the rest of the plebs, when really, the elites don't give a fuck and will fuck you over just like the rest of us.

Sorry anon.
>>
>>139981088
Who is this whore and where can I watch her suck dick?
>>
>>139995993
Money will never phase out. You would need unlimited resources for every fucking person for money to be phased out, and that isn't happening, no matter what your futurist friends tell you. It. Will. Never. Happen. We are not on the cusp of some reawakening, they just want you to think that so you sell your entire means of making a wage to them. They will give you a measly $12,000 in return in exchange for this. It is practically neo-feudalism, and yet you fucking idiots are going to march into the darkness full speed because you're too fucking stupid to see through the lies.

Die, for the good of the world, before you turn us ALL into slaves with your naive beliefs.
>>
>>139996419
Go back to work you cucked slave until you're phased out of the market like a good goy. No need to understand economics 101 and to think critically about the world.
>>
>>139996195
We will chop the noses off the free market and hang their heads from the rafters. The world will see for centuries what happens when you try to remove the freedom of people to prosper and make their own money so that the kike swine at the top can make billions and trillions.

There is no free market anymore. The same companies and leaders that are promoting this are the same companies and leaders that are heavily subsidized by our supposed "free markets" that favor them and allow small business to be suffocated.

>>139996246
>>139996324
When unemployment reaches 50% and those hundreds of millions in that 50% are only given $12,000 by the government while the kikes benefiting from this free market make trillions, you will see a "slave rebellion" unlike any other in history. You will rue the day you put over half the country out of work to satisfy the greedy wants and needs of the top.

>>139996325
Sorry bucco, but the plan to alleviate this by making everyone poor and destroying the middle class once and for all through some utopian technological revolution won't work. it will only make things worse.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.