[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 11

File: Hitch.jpg (28KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Hitch.jpg
28KB, 460x276px
If you had never before seen a rabbit, and you encountered one, and you were wondering about its origin, would you conclude that a magician had waved his magic wand and pulled it out of his hat?

Replace the rabbit with the universe. If you cannot account for its origin, do you conclude that an invisible faggot waved his magic wand and pulled a universe out of his hat?
>>
>>139936847
Membrane Theory
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Introduction_to_M-theory
>>
>>139937045
>So far no experimental evidence exists showing that M-theory is a description of the real world.

0/10
>>
This is the most retarded statement I have ever seen, Are you willing to account for its origin ? If you claim that God doesn't exist but you're not willing to give us a valid explanation on the true origin of the universe besides "Muh Big Bang theeory" or "muh gravity" then you're completely useless.

Stop being a pseudo-intellectual faggot and go prove to me that you can make things out of nothing then.
>>
>>139936847
Not politics or news, go to /bant/ you one post faggot. Also mods, please continent ban Australia
>>
>>139937812

Which god am I claiming does not exist?

How did you decide that it was that particular god which I had decided did not exist?
>>
>>139938211
Assblasted religiotard triggered by logic and shouting at facts
>>
>>139937812
>'but you're not willing to give us a valid explanation on the true origin of the universe besides "Muh Big Bang theeory" or "muh gravity" then you're completely useless'

so you think people who cant figure it out are 'useless' so you can keep your assertion true, im guessing. Gravity exists, you can test and predict it whenever you feel like. It's not the same as asserting a God exists.

I don't think he made a claim, aside from wondering how people account for the assertions made by theists.
>>
File: IMG_3740.jpg (132KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3740.jpg
132KB, 800x800px
>>139937812
>This is the most retarded statement I have ever seen
So is "Adolphus Maximus Hitlerus"
>>
File: 1526237.jpg (63KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
1526237.jpg
63KB, 778x512px
>>139936847
>would you conclude that a magician had waved his magic wand and pulled it out of his hat?
I mean, that's really specific. Speaking from a blank slate, I probably wouldn't assumed that it had evolved over millions of years either...
>>
>>139937812
>go prove to me that you can make things out of nothing then

No doubt your favourite god's origin gets a special exemption from this rule, right?
>>
>>139941704
Yes. My god CAN create something out of nothing. He can also see everything, and is in control of everything.(Even the bad things(Yes, even worms that infect children's eyeballs))

Just sayin', the Calvinistic god that predetermines all of existence and controls who goes to heaven or hell is the only defensible god.
>>
>>139936847
I account for the fact that the world and reality as we know it is all the expression of a basic code that creates a pattern that can be seen across everything about our reality. It's clear that for that expression to go so far as to create us it would have to have been done with purpose. Our reality was coded by something that could only be our God. For that God to interfere in our daily lives He'd have to create an avatar that follows similar rules to us otherwise it would crash our reality.
>>
>>139936847
If you had never before seen a rabbi, and you encountered one, and you were wondering about its origin, would you conclude that a magician had waved his magic wand and pulled it out of his hat?

Replace the rabbi with the universe. If you cannot account for its origin, do you conclude that an invisible faggot waved his magic wand and pulled a universe out of his hat?
>>
>>139941888
What evidence can you present that this particular god actually exists?
>>
>>139942146
Assuming that your premise makes sense, of all the creator gods which have been fabricated, how did you decide that your favourite god is the correct one?
>>
>>139942479
The world makes no sense, and cannot exist without the presupposition that this this god "exists."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional_apologetics
>>
File: 1874958621.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1874958621.gif
3MB, 200x150px
guess you'll be voting yes then, huh faggot?
>>
>>139936847
>rabbits are the same things as universes
>what is false equivalency
>>
>>139942633

You dodged the question. Please try again.
>>
>>139942701
Erm, context?
>>
>>139942906
Another christtard dodging the point.
>>
>>139942999
He slammed that question with a truck. Duh fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>139943078
What's the point? It's a false equivalency, you've been spoon fed a reasonable answer by other anon, and you just don't like it.
>>
>>139943107
By posting a false premise, failing to specify which of the thousands of fabricated gods he was referring to, and then posting a link?

No, that's not good enough. I require a reasoned response.
>>
>>139943038
You are a homosexual, you will be voting in favour of gay marriage
>>
>>139943199
It's a perfectly reasonable analogy. You don't like it because it makes your favourite god look.....well, fictitious. And the truth is very frightening to religiotards. In fact, the truth is why you are religiotards.
>>
>>139936847
think yer just jealous that God hasn't reached out to ya yet ma dude :) stop denying him and good things might come your way. God Bless!
>>
>>139943555
Incorrect on the faggery, but correct on the second point. To be anti-fag, you must either be a tard, a religiotard, or both. BTW, nice trips.
>>
>>139943676
Which god hasn't reached out to me? Will it just reach or reach-around?
>>
SLIDE THREAD ALERT SAGE ALL POSTS YOU IDIOTS
>>
>>139943770
never met an atheist who wasn't a homosexual
you are not the exception
>>
>>139943868
Found the religiotard who is too stupid/uneducated to formulate a response and can do no more than shout shutup shutup shutup.

You poor kid. Hope you grow up some day.
>>
>>139943503
You require a reasoned response to an unreasonable false equivalency? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

>"failing to specify which of the thousands of fabricated gods he was referring to"
>knowing full well which God we're all referring to

>"By posting a false premise"
>The question itself presents a ridiculous comparison

>"perfectly reasonable analogy"
>suspect of being actually retarded

>creator is equivalent to a magician
>if creation creates creation it's not somehow less spectacular and suddenly not magic because it feels your need to hate religion and validate yourself
>>
>>139943998
Calling someone a faggot in an attempt to win a debate was a thing several decades ago. You're either really old, or really dumb. Maybe both.
>>
>>139936847
Delusional atheist faggot warning
SAGE
>>
File: Newman!.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Newman!.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>139944080

You just went full retard, son.
>>
>>139944230
Another christfag without a reasoned response. And what a shock, from a poorly-educated third-world country. The only place where the religion scam is thriving.
>>
>>139944185
There is no debate going on here cocksmoker.
>if you don't believe a rabbit can be produced from thin air by a stage magician then there can't be a creator god
It's actually the argument you are going with. You are a proven brainlet
>>
>>139944185
That's how we know this guy has no arguments. He just relies on "that's ridiculous" as the center of his understanding.
>>
File: Barry M.jpg (575KB, 2099x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Barry M.jpg
575KB, 2099x1395px
>>139944405
So tell me if I understand your position:

Magician: cannot zap up rabbit with magic wand.

One of the thousands of gods fabricated (not sure which one, and for which no evidence exists): CAN zap up universe with magic wand.

In your mind, this makes sense?
>>
>>139936847
snorrrrr
Hichens pic fails to save OP.
>>
File: 1499312755404.jpg (133KB, 689x797px) Image search: [Google]
1499312755404.jpg
133KB, 689x797px
>>139944080
Dude, get some help.
>>
>>139944866
Explain?
>>
>>139944856

If only you could come up with a coherent response to support your favourite god.....

But you can't. Because he's fake. And you're too frightened to face the fact.
>>
>>139936847
Wait we're supposed to compare a rabbit to the entirety of existence? I don't understand why Atheists try so hard, I'm as skeptical as anyone - but I'm not going to pretend I have anything figured out. Which is why I'll be an Agnostic who lives like a Christian and you will be a bag of bad analogies.
>>
>>139945244
>Which is why I'll be an Agnostic who lives like a Christian

So you will murder your own sons with stones if he is disobedient?
>>
>>139936847
Christianity protected Europe from muslims for over a thousand years.
Atheists lost it in less than a decade.
>>
I think by looking at society we can say the majority would actually
>>
File: 1503373751862.png (72KB, 184x314px) Image search: [Google]
1503373751862.png
72KB, 184x314px
>>139936847
If you found a watch in the woods and had never seen a watch before or knee what it was would you assume a bunch of trees fell in just the right way so a watch was created or would you think someone made it?
>>
>not knowing that Christians aren't bound by judaic law

You must be new.

>>139945460
hit'em with the sociology,noyce
>>
>>139945244
>Wait we're supposed to compare a rabbit to the entirety of existence?

If you are skeptical about the claim that someone pulled a rabbit out of his hat by waving a magic wand.....and you should be......then you should be vastly more skeptical about an invisible faggot, evidence for whose existence does not exist, pulling a universe out of his hat.

That's the premise of the thread.
>>
>>139945454
No and neither did anyone else in the Bible.
>>
>>139945721
I'm skeptical about all of it, hence the Agnostic title. But I also don't rule the possibility out, because I define the evidence a little differently. If God is real, than creation is evidence for his existence - as janky as that sounds. Then again, I don't know where the Universe came from - no one really does. We can choose to have faith in nothing, or faith in something but at the end of the day; Atheist, Agnostic or Theist - you're putting your money on a number.
>>
>>139945664
By your own logic, and I repeat, your-own-logic, if you found a god in the woods, you would have to presume it was created. Who created your favourite god?
>>
>being an empiricist
>instead of a rationalist

OP is probably the smallest brainlet of all, that's like 101
>>
File: 1503487744057.jpg (76KB, 960x592px) Image search: [Google]
1503487744057.jpg
76KB, 960x592px
>>139936847
Haha this op faggot believes degrease Tyson and nasa. Wheres the curve? Where's the moon/mars mission?

I bet you believe refugees are good for the economy too
>>
>>139945722
Wrong again. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
>>
>>139936847
So, what you're saying is that creationism is so far-fetched, but you probably believe that bacteria can sprout feathered wings and fly off into the sunset? Macroevolution is unproven bullshit. Cross-species evoultion is bullshit.

You can be a dumb faggot and believe in "muh bacteria" and I'll believe in God. Cheers m8
>>
>>139936847
Not so fast sweetie. Even if I had never seen a rabbit, it would still be sufficiently similar to other stuff I have seen, like cats and rats and whatnot. If I saw a creature so outlandish I couldn't plausibly guess its origin then yes, I would conclude a magician had waved his magic wand. The universe is one in its class, there's no other thing that's like a universe to compare it to and figure out the laws or set of traits that all universes follow.
>>
>>139945926
"...and all Israel shall hear, and have fear..."

>judaic laws must be followed by Christians after Christ offered his path to Heaven
>not knowing the basics of Christianity but knowing enough google to hunt for suspect passages

Seems legit
>>
>>139945926
Look you dumb fuck, you don't even understand your own arguments. Prove the universe is real before teasing other people about religion.

At least theirs has a backing in tradition, yours comes straight from sci fi Hollywood.
>>
>>139945926
Nope I am not wrong, did you read what I said? I said no parent stoned their son to death in the Bible. This is a fact - what you did was just repeat the same shit. There's no where in the Bible that that happens, it's just a dangling concept to encourage respecting your elders.
>>
>>139946006

so you agree with microevolution? lots of small steps add up over time and you get macroevolution.
>>
File: 1504140321597.jpg (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504140321597.jpg
142KB, 500x500px
>>139945104
I believe in the all mighty meme. He is the god of many faces and cares not for the mental masturbation of your irrelevancy.
>>
>>139946695
I believe that mutations happen, sure. Take the Pygmies of Africa, who are all small in stature. Or how some people are born with 3 arms, or 2 heads. Mutations happen all the time. But the Pygmies will never mutate into another species. Bacteria mutates into various forms of bacteria. But bacteria has never evolved into a bird, or a fish. Cross-species evoultion is not only impossible, but it has never been observed.

The Horseshoe Crab has remained a horseshoe crab for over 200 million years, according to scientists. Yet humans only needed 6 million years to evolve? Why aren't horseshoe crabs enslaving humanity by now with laser beams and telepathy?
>>
>>139944749
>equating a sleight of hand trick with the creation of the universe
In your mind, this makes sense?
>>
>>139947037
Nurgle is the true power!! Repent and except his loving embrace!
>>
File: Jar-Jar-Binks.png (1MB, 1000x806px) Image search: [Google]
Jar-Jar-Binks.png
1MB, 1000x806px
>>139948832
Be gone Heathen! Asspect your God!
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.