[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think of Maus?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: Maus.jpg (51KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
Maus.jpg
51KB, 300x418px
What does /pol/ think of Maus?
>>
didn't read it when it was assigned to me at school, looks like kike nonsense
>>
I like that the author didn't try to hide the sheer kikeness of his grandpa
>>
Good.
>>
>>139890717
It spooked me as a kid. Pretty good comics 2bh, I like.
>>
>>139890717
I haven't read it and it's not a common thing to find here. but I am assuming this is some sort of tearjerk story about muh nazism and we are supposed to root for pest dealing rodents rather then a hitler looking cat. Am I close?
>>
I read it in high school. Don't remember much about it, but I enjoyed it.
I do remember his father's vivid recollections of the holocaust. What do holocaust deniers/revisionists think of this? That it's all just lies?
>>
File: Maus_Trials_1944.png (99KB, 596x353px) Image search: [Google]
Maus_Trials_1944.png
99KB, 596x353px
>>139890717
Heavy, slow, and it's expensiveness ironically made it worthless.
>>
>>139890717
He draws the Polish as pigs, which is on par with the author's hatred for them.
Overall the author seems like a fucking jew supremacist.
>>
>>139891261
If I remember correctly, he never sees any gas chamber.
>>
Read it during a genocide course.

Of course, it's just holocaust propaganda shit as per usual but it was funny when the kike started raving about niggers.
>>
>>139891375

this, why the hate against the poles? They were who helped the jews the most
>>
>>139891490
I recall there being something about gas chambers in there, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>139890717
just more exploitation

didn't hate it, I like comics and Maus was an okay story and spiegelma is very talented, but I do find it frustrating when a book so effortless and black and white (in terms of how it portrays the world) recieves such acclaim

it's far from the only book/film/etc to do this, but irritating all the same, like much work about the holocaust
>>
>>139892309
I honestly don't see the appeal in western comics, superhero or indie. What do you see in them?
>>
>>139890717
It's a good comic because it shows jews as hypocritical kikes that they are
>>
It's good if you read it as fiction, which it is. Just a senile old jew's recollection of events that probably never occurred, and his jew son's interpretation of it.

There was a part where the kike grandpa displayed his distrust of niggers, which is a good thing as it shows jews are not some peace and tolerance race that wants to love all people like they are displayed in the media.
>>
>>139891375
>>139891772
He portrays Poles as "not kosher", which means that Poles are viewed by Jews as cattle. Also, he portrays Jews as vermin, which aligns with the both nazi and bolshevik propaganda. Mind you, the cats are useful in households, because they protect the household from rodents and shit. This also implies that Germans viewed themselves as righteous in their mission of eliminating Jews and treat Poles as Bydło. The comic uses the stereotypes in a meta way to hurt and offend people.

There is also a notable scene, where the author's dad is racist towards a nigger. The son then points out the hypocrisy, but his dad responds with "it's not the same, it was different with us..."
>>
>>139891322
The biggest problem was that engine and meterials technologies simply weren't where they needed to be; you couldn't get the power-to-weight ratios you needed to effectively move the darn thing, and that flat armor would have made it a sitting duck to anything that saw it before it saw them.
>>
>>139890781
kek same, still wrote a paper on it and got an A
>>
File: newyorker-with-logo.jpg (1MB, 1379x1800px) Image search: [Google]
newyorker-with-logo.jpg
1MB, 1379x1800px
This is a cover that spiegelman did for New Yorker. Suffice to say, he got shit because of that.
>>
>>139890717
Tiresome tripe even if you're bluepilled.
>>
>>139890717
sage.
>>
>>139890717
John Maus?
>>
>>139890717

Plagiarised garbage. Art teacher tried to use it in class and everyone looked at me as I my nickname was "Luger". I blew it all apart in a ten minute emotionless cold robot-rant that resulted in art teacher having breakdown....going to gay bar getting drunk and fatally plowing into tree early next morning. Females of school tried to start a boycott against me and I went off about their parent's secrets and peccadilloes resulting in one secret pregnancy slut trying to kill herself in a really stupid way.
>>
double sage.
>>
>>139890717
I read it probably 20 years ago so my memory is vague. But I remember some scenes that seemed like bullshit, such as a Nazi swinging a Jewish kid head-first into a brick wall. I also remember a scene where the author was shocked at his father's hypocrisy for hating black people.
>>
>>139893387
So when are you taking back your country, Sven?
>>
As far as I remember he made out everyone to be pretty bad in it, Jews out for themselves fighting over food and stuff been a while since I read it.
>>
>>139892652
>>139892652
haha, well nothing much anymore

superhero comics are always fun as a kid, especially when you have no friends, but obviously they've become apart of the (((machine))) and I stopped reading even for the sake of nostalgia, too disgusting for me

as for the indie titles, there used to be a few really good niche series, but now "indie" has become just as overrun with (((bullcrap))) since Image developed the apparatus/marketing to really make some money off indie comics

as for good comics that stand the test from america, the nineties was the best time, either for grimy underground comics/zines or for the heady introspective types like kyle baker and daniel clowes

of course that's all been absorbed into the catalogue of "pretentious hipster garbage"
>>
File: 1488268478632.jpg (2MB, 1091x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1488268478632.jpg
2MB, 1091x1567px
>>139890717
Good book
>>139891174
no
>>139891375
he also makes the blacks dogs and jews rats, french frogs
he believes in equal opportunity racism
>>139893997
one of the things I like about it, he doesn't portray the Jews as innocent
>>
>>139890717
I thought a very long time that it was Mein Kampf for kids.
>>
>>139890909
This
The part when the nigger dog shows up is hillarious
>>
>>139894311
>he also makes the blacks dogs
He makes the Americans dogs. White Americans are white dogs and black Americans are black dogs
>>
>>139893709

I'm Estonian. Here for a purchase of equipment.
>>
>>139890717
tripple sage.
>>
>>139894311
>>139894541
And Gypsies are moths
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x920px
>>139893387
>>
>>139894541
In fact we know a "white American" is simply a mulatto.
>>
>>139894332
Kek
Je l'avais vu à la bibliothèque sans jamais osez le lire car je pensais que c'était un truc nazi , maintenant je regrette que ce ne soit pas le cas
>>
Subtly redpilled. Spiegelman draws his father's recollection as less than 100% reliable, and doesn't treat the jews as necessarily virtuous victims in the narrative (nor does it treat germans as particularly evil). Unless you actively do not believe the holocaust happened (which I consider a tenable position, but don't hold myself) there's nothing particularly objectionable about it.
>>
>>139894880
And we know "White" Australians are all part irish
>>
>>139890717
A quality fap material for furries
>>
>>139894780

Tree - 1 Drunk art fag - 0. Not the last time I wrecked someone into dysfunctional debris.
>>
>>139895170
I'd rather be insubstantially related to the moors than have a nigger grandfather.
>>
>>139895042
This it's true, something I fear for the future of /pol/ if they lost objectivity to the point that they consider unacceptable to portray nazism in media.

Just like muslims don't allow drawings of the prophet.
>>
>>139895170
Ha, my ancestors were slave owners not slaves.
>>
>>139895372
>>139895459
My bad replied to wrong post
>>
>>139895459
So you're jewish, not a mulatto, gotcha.
>>
>>139895680
Nope. German, English and Ulster Scots only(and in that order). And no potato nigger slipped into that ulster scots line, I made sure to verify.
>>
>>139895459

Jew.
>>
>>139895920
Nope I was raised Lutheran, probably the same religion as your family(although you might have to go back a few generations).
>>
>>139890717
Accurate depiction of Jews. Rodents
>>
>>139893387
I'd read a comic about this.
>>
>>139893387
...Jesus, Carolus.
>>
>>139890717
author avoided his initial (admitted) urge to hide the fact that his dad was a racist old shekelman. So actually okay.
>>
>>139890717
Looks like a kid's book. Why would I read that?
>>
>>139895365
this I need to hear.
>>
>>139890717
The first time I heard of this book was at a Russian street vendor who was selling Soviet war and Olympic pins and badges, along with some Nazi stuff. He also had historical books and he said this Maus book was "anti Jew". I get the feeling it's about how Nazi's are evil. Is Russian street vendor retarded, /pol/?
>>
>>139896617

He and Will Eisner were utter cunts together and gate kept the careers of illustrators according to their fickle kike druthers.
>>
>>139896934
well they ARE jews.
>>
File: 98.png (61KB, 240x218px) Image search: [Google]
98.png
61KB, 240x218px
>>139896934
success tends to bring a person's true character out of their shell, checks out.
>>
>>139897501
>push quick on the gas
le sensible chuckle
>>
>>139897588
Crazy old jew dad is actually a pretty fun character.
>>
File: 17e.jpg (22KB, 682x515px) Image search: [Google]
17e.jpg
22KB, 682x515px
>>139897588
>Push on the gas
You don't say?

kek
>>
>>139897649
It was really interesting to read how he unashamedly was outjewing other jews.
>>
>>139890717
>>139890781
>>139893177
>went to school in Southern California
>they MADE us read the entire thing together IN CLASS and do both an in class assignment, a group project, a homework assignment and a scantron test

>people implying LA/NYC isnt the western diasporas capital, completely under their control

>tfw
>>
>>139898001
He's a jewish stereotype, honestly, even in his own descriptions of his life. Even before the holocaust started he was a conniving kike.
>>
>>139890717
All I know is the most sociopathic jew bastard I'd ever known used to bring this shit to school when we were in 9th/10th grade. It was truly the most textbook case of people not liking him because he was a creepo asshole, not because he was jewish, but of course he read everything as "people hate me cuz muh jewish"
>>
File: never forget.jpg (349KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
never forget.jpg
349KB, 750x1334px
>>139894311
>Between May 16, 1944 and May 24, 1944 over 100,000 Jews were gassed in Auschwitz
>100k Jews in 8 days
>12,500 Jews per day
>520 Jews per hour
>8.6 Jews per minute
>1 Jew every 7 seconds, non-stop, for over a week
>at a single camp

really jogs my fucking cogs
>>
>>139893387
Dude this sounds epin
>plagiarised garbage
I did not know that, gonna go do some digging about that now
>>
>>139893082
A Jewish co-worker asked me what my ethnicity was and I said I was probably Polish (I don't know for sure), and he hasn't talked to me in 6 months. They hate you guys.
>>
>>139896712

Had an incident with a female I was living with...although I kept my other properties. We were in bed and there was a scratching noise. She simultaneously tried to used me as a human shield and potential sacrifice for what she thought was an intruder. It was like being attacked by a drowning person who kept shoving me toward a shark of her imagination. I finally got her off me and figured out she had left a screen and window ajar and a mouse had fallen into a plastic bag of crisps and was running in place frantically trying to get out. I let the mouse go in the garden and knew she couldn't be trusted. I stayed at my other place for a few days as she raged about my misunderstanding of her motives. My parents had a new home going up which was to be equipped with dual control light switches manual and remotely control by a DC pulse through the mains at the zero crossing of the AC waveform. You could turn on or off a light from the master control in their sleeping suite. I borrowed a bunch of the switches and the fob controls, set the dips and installed them into her flat. I attached the remotes to a piece of wood and waited for her to return home from the easy high paying job I got her by calling in a favour. She came in put her keys into the bowl on the hall table then put on the kitchen light and went into the lavatory. I turned the kitchen light off. She came out and froze a bit but then approached the switch and I syncopated the remote with her flicking and the light came on again and she went back into the bathroom. I turned off the kitchen light and turned on the mudroom light and her bedroom. When she came back out of the lavatory I could tell she was about to burst. She got a knife from a drawer and was shuffling around the place holding in front of her uselessly when she went into her bedroom I turned off the lavatory light she had left on. She must have seen the light go off from her bedroom and now she was in full blown shrieking hysterics.
>>
>>139898946
>not lying that you are part of the tribe

Son, learn with to hold em and when to fold em. You missed the opportunity for an ally
>>
>>139899071

So I went full poltergeist mode turning lights off and on like a madman until I turned them all off. It took quite a while but she ran screaming into the street still holding the knife the German neighbour lady who was some heiress to a printing fortune had called the police and the untrustworthy was taken away to be binned in loony hospital. I waited until 4:00am went back into the flat swapped out all the switches then re-arranged all the furniture and took every suction cup dildo she had and stuck them to various walls and pulled out all of her journals and left them about opened to degeneracy. Her parents flew in to deal with her and pack her things up and saw the dildos like wall trophies and read her journals while she was sedated in hospital. She was probably asking for comfort items according to how the furnishings were arranged before I changed them and getting anxious and confused by the difficulties her parents were having locating anything. She is a single mother child psychiatrist with laboratory baby now. The end.
>>
>>139900778
no one cares about your compulsive lying Sven
>>
>>139898229
Funny, because according to PBS the "massive" gas chambers of Auschwitz were only capable of killing 4,400 people per day. http://www.pbs.org/auschwitz/40-45/killing/
>>
>>139901860

I'm not sorry you were born poor and ugly.
>>
>>139890717
Should be called rats
>>
File: Capture3.png (109KB, 188x250px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
109KB, 188x250px
>>139890717
proof that there were no death camps or execution chambers, only disease & little food.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.