[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Report: 1 in 3 Americans Beyond Overweight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/health/ct-obese-america-report-20170901-story.html
>CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — One-third of American adults and one in six children are now obese, although an annual report released Thursday by two nonprofit groups found that rates could be stabilizing.

>The study analyzed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention figures and used body mass index, a measure of height and weight. Those with a BMI of 25 to 29 are considered overweight; 30 and above is obese. The report released by the Trust for America's Health and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation found that West Virginia had the highest obesity rate at 37.7 percent. Mississippi was second at 37.3 percent and Alabama and Arkansas were tied for third at 35.7 percent. The report says the adult obesity rate increased between 2015 and 2016 in Colorado, Minnesota, Washington and West Virginia, fell in Kansas, and was stable elsewhere. Colorado had the lowest rate, at 22.3 percent.

>The report noted that 25 states had obesity rates above 30 percent. In 2000, no state had a rate above 25 percent. Nine of the 11 states with the highest obesity rates are in the South. States in the Northeast and the West had lower obesity rates.

>This is the first time in 14 years of conducting the annual report that any state's rate dropped, and rates of increases in other states have begun to slow, Trust for America's Health President and CEO John Auerbach said.

>"We conclude the report with a fair amount of optimism," Auerbach said on a conference call. "The adult rates are showing signs of leveling off and the childhood rates are stabilizing. In our review of the policies and strategies, we found that many (states) show a lot of promise for reversing the trends and improving health if we make them a higher priority."
>>
>>139880445
Whoops, wrong source:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/west-virginia/articles/2017-08-31/west-virginia-has-highest-obesity-rate-among-us-adults
>>
>>139880445
Not possible. I oive in WV, and can go weeks without seeing a fat person.
>>
>>139880603
>Not possible. I live in WV, and can go weeks without seeing a person.
Fixed. WV is mostly trees and stripped-mined mountains.
>>
>>139880445
more asians, that is why

hispanics and blacks are fucking fat down here in texas though, whites are chasing them down that is for sure
>>
>>139880603
>WV
fuq you mean? WV is 100 percent old fat people.
>>
>>139880445
>new
>>
>>139880445
I don't get it. I got lazy and stopped going to the gym. I eat a lot of unhealthy food and gained some weight because of it (duh).
But, how in the FUCK are people getting the size they are? Are they eating straight sticks of butter and bowls of lard all day?
I think I'm fat, then I go out in pubic and see just how fat people really are.
>>
>>139880445
We should tax fat people, that be a motivator to a lot of them.
>>
>>139880445
Oh look it's all the welfare states.
>>
>>139881564
it's a world of convenience anon, people who work eat fast food all the time, each of those meals has a shit ton of calories in it

plus all the microwave meals and so on are quite unhealthy, but very commonly eaten. even more so among lower classes and minorities (other than asians)
>>
BLACK-PEE-POOL
>>
>>139881564
I think it depends on how fast your metabolism is. I know one guy who literally never stops eating, and its almost always garbage McDonald's tier food, but hes thin as a rail and looks like a mr skeltal.
>>
File: 1504015002338.png (121KB, 895x893px) Image search: [Google]
1504015002338.png
121KB, 895x893px
>>139880603
Can confirm. I saw a West Virginian yhe other day, and he wasn't overweight at all.

#notallyankeehicks
>>
>>139880445
most are spics and niggers. 43% spics and 50% nogs are obese.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.