[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on assisted suicide.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 16

File: 785472834665.jpg (34KB, 671x449px) Image search: [Google]
785472834665.jpg
34KB, 671x449px
What are your thoughts on the government allowing citizens to carry out their peaceful suicide with the assistance of a physician or professional?

I believe in states like Oregon it is legal, but haven't looked into the negative outcomes of it in the state.

Should it be allowed, or not?
>>
>>139874105
>be "doctor"
>300+ confirmed kills
Would you want this murderer living next door to you?
>>
>>139874347

>murderer
To some he would be a deliverer.
>>
>>139874105
>government allowing citizens
Should not be government concern.
>>
>>139874105
I really want this.
>>
>>139874672
These threads always devolve to having to explain to leftists why murder is wrong like they are children.
>>
>>139875548
>muh left vs right
>it's bad to help people do what they want if I don't approve of that
What's next? You will tell me about God and sin? Or maybe about government of pedophilic narcissistic sochipathic demigods that upholds morals among imperfect sinful commoners?
>>
>>139874105
If you can't do it yourself then it's not suicide.
>>
>>139876601
>this guy
plenty of bridges, nothing stopping you from jumping off, nothing stopping us from pissing on your corpse and erasing you from the family tree- not a government concern
>>
>>139875021

Why? Do you have a debilitating illness with no treatment?
>>
File: sudoku_lethality.jpg (234KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku_lethality.jpg
234KB, 500x593px
>>139874672
This. Everyone has a right to their own life, and a healthy medical system should provide the means to assist by a medical professional.
>>
>>139876887
He has the debilitating illness of being unable to kill himself and needing somebody to do it for him.
>>
>>139876671

Bust most assisted suicide cases involve a patient willingly drinking a solution that kills them, the professional may supply and inform the patient about the solution, not force it down their throat.
>>
>>139877118
The patient should mix it himself. The doctor in that case is nothing but a hired assassin.
>>
>>139876823
>people jumping off bridges
>not a government concern
Just because you lack any and all empathy for your fellow man doesn't mean the government shouldn't be obligated to look out for its society.
>>
>>139877293
>hired assassin
The patient has all the choice in the matter. If they decide they don't want to drink the solution, he or she calls it off and goes back to living. An assassin doesn't ask you if you would like to did, they just straight up kill you without your input.
>>
>>139874105

I'm not suicidal, but i have had the rare nightmare where I (from circumstance) have the desire to, but can't kill myself. I'm not sure if I even have nightmares otherwise.

Being in a situation where death is preferable, but unavailable, is possibly the most terrifying thing I can imagine. I want to get an exit bag so I don't have to blow my brains out some day.

>tfw the happening happens, and you rage quit.
>>
>>139877581
If the patient has the choice then he doesn't need a doctor to do it. The doctor meanwhile is no doctor if he first of all does no harm. We're not talking about a situation where a doctor has to make a hard decision. We're talking about when the individual (not "patient") has to make a hard decision.

My best friend made a hard decision once. I think it was the wrong one, but he researched it, put the plan together, and made damn sure he didn't get it wrong.
>>
>>139874347
What did you just say about me you little bitch?
>>
>>139877303
just because you're interconnected with everyone's suffering on the planet, and know how they feel doesn't mean that the government has to put programs into place to appease your sensibilities. You are imagining some old man, devoid of all reason drinking some poison and passing on silently. In reality, it can be used, and has been used on younger people who simply "can't go on". It's demoralizing to the whole of society, and it's shameful, no matter what sort of pain you're in.
>>
>>139874347
>living next door to a doctor
Knowing I'd basically be part of the establishment, yes. Doctors are rich as fuck so it would be cool to be neighbors with one

>>139876671
Except you can, if you stop eating and they let you that is assisted suicide

>>139875548
>wahh wahhh assisted suicide is bad
You're a child

>>139876823
Ummm yeah. That's illegal

>>139877303
Government should be tasked with euthaniszing those with mental problems. I'm sorry you have no empathy.
>>
>>139877944
One of my grandfathers decided he was about done with his living hell and pulled off a stunt that couldn't be considered doctor-assisted suicide no matter how you play it or how decrepit he was. Of course he also suffered hell in WWII, so he wasn't so much of a loser he couldn't find a way.

He is in fact buried in a Catholic grave per his insistence that he would never commit suicide.
>>
Surely if youre going to kill yourself the fact that it is illegal should be the last of your worries.

Keep it illegal to make sure the non-committal emotional types have a reason to sort their shit out.
>>
>>139877661
Same. I remember having a nightmere where I was in the holocaust, and i kept trying to run into the gas chamber but they tackled me and said "no no no!!! you are for experiemnts!". And they brought the needle that injected blue eyed chemicals into my eyes and it was scarier than death.
>>
>>139878166
>if you stop eating and they let you that is assisted suicide
There you go moving the goalposts to where now you need big daddy Jew government to issue you a Jew doctor to make sure to keep you alive.

I thought this was about suicide, not trying to keep somebody alive against all costs.
>>
>>139877944
Dude you're imagining some nazi death camp shit. In reality assisted suicide is just basic Germanic tradition of encouraging the weak to commit suicide

>>139878326
Why do you think the government should have the right to keep you alive at all costs?
>>
>>139878412
The government is not created by God and therefore has no rights.
>>
>>139876905
>shotgun
>99%
What
>>
>>139878412
You're an idiot, and you've never worked in a hospital. It has already happened.
>>
>>139878485
Look into it. There are some crazy stories out there if you're in to trying to kill yourself and not fucking it up.
>>
>>139877820

But what if the patient is very old and immobile and needs a doctor to supply a barbiturate solution to end their suffering? The patient wants to go peacefully and only a doctor can supply such a death.
>>
>>139878485
Some people will fuck it up in a way you couldn't imagine.

It's very rare to see any statistic go to exactly 100% anyway.
>>
File: 1504114878845.jpg (136KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1504114878845.jpg
136KB, 900x900px
>>139874105
not for my taxpayer fucking money tho
>>
>>139878477
Yet you believe the government has the right to keep people alive.

>>139878547
Tell me exactly what happened.
>>
>>139878616
That's the family's decision. Why does the family need a hired hand to kill granny?
>>
>>139877303
Let them jump if they want to. The only thing we should force them to do is to pay for the cleanup.
Even if you view suicide as a tragedy, you still must respect other people choices as long as they do not interfere with you.
>government shouldn't be obligated to look out for its society
I smell a commie.
>>
>>139874105

In the case of cancer, AIDS, vegetable status or any sort of "welp you're kind of fucked in the years to come" sort of scenario then absolutely. If someone doesn't want to be here anymore and the family will be burdened with millions of dollars of life support/health care costs then if they want to go they should have assistance in it as long as the doctor is fine with it.

I don't even understand the logic behind barring it aside from the doctor not wanting to do it which should be their choice totally. As long as everyone is in agreement then it should be legally sound.
>>
>>139878734
>Yet you believe the government has the right to keep people alive.
I never said that.

This entire thread is about the morality of conscripting the government to kill you if you're serious about suicide.
>>
File: 1504102475102.png (974KB, 1984x3496px) Image search: [Google]
1504102475102.png
974KB, 1984x3496px
>>139874105

It should be allowed.

Because this is completely consent, people that has no life, cannot contribute a thing, live a life of pain and other shit can end their life with their will and without feeling pain

If you think this shouldn't be allowed, then you impede on their human rights. If you are a leftist and think this shouldn't be allowed, you are also not thinking like a true leftist.

>>139874347

Of course i would, would you prefers a murdering rapist next to your house when you have a family or a man who does his job for the people?
>>
>>139878855
Or just the government letting you die
>>
>>139876823
Without out a third party to make sure the deed is done, you can never safely attempt suicide. You are more likely to fail and become a cripple from whatever you try yourself. If it is a voluntary exchange, then theres no problem if a doctor helps someone pass on. The problem with people these days is that most of them dont even want to be here, so they make life hell for the rest of us. Give them sweet release and you'll be left with people actually wanting to live, not some soulless husks.
>>
It's allowed in Switzerland. We got an organization called EXIT which provides suicide for hard cases as far as I know. I think it's a good idea.
>>
>>139878984
The government doesn't let you die. You keep referring to the government as if it has some magical power of arbitration.
>>
File: THnN3Fx.png (319KB, 450x446px) Image search: [Google]
THnN3Fx.png
319KB, 450x446px
>Pro Death Penalty
>Pro Assisted Suicide
>Pro Abortion

I'm pro death, I guess
>>
>>139878855

The thread is more about the government allowing consenting individuals to conduct business where in one party gets paid and the other party gets a peaceful and certain death. Most people have a moral aversion to this so they have the state prevent it through laws.
>>
>>139879013
Why such an elaborate plan? You all have guns. Tell your m8 you want it done and tell him to blow your fucking head off until it's over if you can't do it yourself.
>>
>>139874105
>weed not legalized
>assisted suicide is

say what now?
>>
>>139879335

Weed is legalized in some states though. Same as assisted suicide.
>>
>>139879249
Yeah, same way people object to the organ trade, like paying for circumcision. Payment brings immorality, just like government, because it is a dissociating proxy for ulterior gains.
>>
>>139879007
>The problem with people these days is that most of them don't even want to be here, so they make life hell for the rest of us

Fuck. It explains so much about libtards.
>>
Yes. Just like abortion. The less weak people we have, the better.
Quality over quantity, remember.
Eugenics are one of the bridges one must cross to reach a superior society.
>>
>>139876905
>living
>100 agony
Kek
>>
>>139875548
I consider myself right/far-right on the political spectrum and believe assisted suicide is a sound government policy for terminally sick people that are mentally stable (e.g. no late-stage alzheimer). Equating it to murder is the childish thing to do.
>>
>>139874105
Sure, who cares? It's not hurting anyone else
>>
File: canada.jpg (75KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
canada.jpg
75KB, 960x960px
>>139874105
It doesn't violate the NAP so it is fine.
>>
>>139879474

I don't even view it in that context. More in the State trying to dictitate to me and my family that we have no choice in having the health care system charge us millions of dollars of costs because Cletus and Nancy in the deep south don't agree religiously with us offing a family member that doesn't want to be here anymore and we've all accepted they'll be dead within a year.
>>
>>139879629
Why does the government need to intervene other than to allow the person or his family do it? Is the government just trying to get in on the hired assassin trade?
>>
>>139879701
>killing someone
>not aggression
lol k
>>
>>139879793
Why? Because many types of suicide are harmful, economically and psychologically for society. Think of jumping in front of the train, massive delay, people can't get to work, witnesses are traumatized for life etc.

And why another person can't do it? Because then it is considered murder, there is no such thing as a mental health check, an ethics organization and safety policies for it to either ensure it's 100% safe and succesful, as well as 100% the will of the person.
>>
>>139878742

It is granny's decision. The family may or may not be accepting of her wishes and will decide for her. But if the granny is incapable of recruiting help to carry our her suicide, then oh well. Too bad.
>>
>>139878734
In a mental ward, even before it was legal, we had one patient who kept relapsing. She was <30, I can't remember now, but she was in a wheelchair, but I think it was due to self-inflicted malnutrition. But these younger people can get very wrapped up in the idea of dying. Of course, the hospital was obligated to keep her alive for some time, since it is law here. But they either got tired of putting up with it, or she provided a convenience for them, so they called together pretty much the entire health authority and decided to "let her die" (they couldn't administer anything I don't think, that was the caveat). They moved her into palliative care, and that was that. Understand this is completely against what the hospital is allowed to do.

The detail of the case which is important, however, is that they ruled that she was suffering from "depression", and this qualified as a reason to allow her to die. But realize, that suicide isn't an isolated effect. There's family, friends, by-standers to consider. Even on the media they must keep the suicide toll quiet because it's shown to encourage other suicidal people to actually commit.

Now the law passed in 2016, and I wonder if this will become acceptable practice on mental wards. Of course, not widespread, but we are already fighting a numbers game in the survival of our people anyway.

On top of that, they occasionally off people on veteran's and retirement wards anyway, for what reasons, I don't always know.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 350x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 350x334px
>>139874105
Shoot me up with some heroin and let 'er rip, Mr. Doctor, please.
>>
>>139880091
If the doctor does it then that's another person. Let the family or whoever else fits your legal definition of not being another person do it.

>>139880135
I already have power of attorney and other things over my family. I might be making the decision for granny if she's no longer capable of it. I don't look forward to it, but that was granny's premeditation, and I gave willing and informed consent. I just hope I act as her proxy according to what she would have wanted, but it's also going to be on my hands either way.
>>
>>139880214
Well then we need to pass laws that if someone keeps relapsing the hospital can euthansize them
>>
>>139879793
Did you just equate an assassin with a "Doctor"? Somethings not right here. Oh yeah, murder is wrong, even if the person wants to die
>>
I don't know if you understand the idea of suffering with dignity. Not just for yourself, but for the others around you who still need hope to go on.
>>
>>139880431
Can you explain why you're really against letting a doctor do it and rather have a dying granny get offed by her own son?
>>
>>139880522
Yes, I did. I don't think most of them keep their Oath.

If there's one good thing you can say about the Kohanim, it's that they did it for free, not for money.
>>
>>139880645
If you don't want to do it yourself then hire a mafia hand or a nigger or a gypsy or whatever. Since when is it being a "doctor" to be hired to do the dirty deed?

Hire a Russian.
>>
>>139880757
So you'd again rather have a dying granny get offed by a deepweb assassin than a doctor? lmao
>>
>>139880481
Are you talking about your country or mine?
>>
>>139880833
Executioner used to be a profession. I think it still is.

The job of a doctor on the other hand is something quite the opposite.
>>
>>139880645
Why make the doctor a murderer, and have that on his conscience?
>>
>>139880549

Easy to say from Canada with actual socialized medicine.

Here in the US every day of that "suffering with dignity" means $$$$$ out the ass. If a loved one is guaranteed death in a year or so and wants to go then that's a lot of burden off the family.

I realize it's ass backward but that's how this country works.
>>
>>139874105

Just do it yourself pussy
>>
File: 1504133201026.jpg (36KB, 612x479px) Image search: [Google]
1504133201026.jpg
36KB, 612x479px
Anyone should be allowed to die at any time for any reason they choose.
>>
>>139880940
>>139880925
Because current methods of euthanization is done by using an injection, which are obviously banned for anything else besides this 'treatment' and only used by doctors. Why let the average Joe walk around with killer needles, there already are nutjobs in the world walking around with aids infected needles.
>>
>>139877875
underrated
>>
>>139880757
How can you hire a mafia or whatever when you can't even communicate?

>>139880873
Mine. But i think it should be everywhere. The U.N is a big pro-euthanasia organization so i hope they enforce it everywhere
>>
everyone should have the right to choose when they wish to die.
life is suffering.
>>
>>139880984
You can't do that, you pussy.
>>
File: bi3453429.jpg (361KB, 1952x1435px) Image search: [Google]
bi3453429.jpg
361KB, 1952x1435px
>>139874105
it's a very simple argument: What is more ethically justifiable? Murder or ceaseless torture?
>>
>>139880956
No really this is why western society is so spoiled. If there wasn't a road paved for you, you wouldn't think you might have to exert yourself to build one. Even before, our forefathers who suffered all sorts of diseases without "answers" carried on. Is it no good enough for you, really? We have social healthcare and we still have euthanasia anyway, how much easier should suffering be??
>>
>>139878721

Yeah, it should be strictly a private exchange for euthanasia.
>>
>>139881113
It even feels like leftism huh?
>>
>>139881287
Injections are widely known to be inhumane and unnecessary. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to go that way and I would rather stick a gun up against my own granny's head and blow her brains out to make sure it was done humanely than risk cruel and unusual.

>>139881321
>How can you hire a mafia or whatever when you can't even communicate?
There's a government worker that helps me sign up for health care, that's how.
>>
>>139881321
Okay, maybe you're baiting, or you're a leftist who wondered onto this site for giggles.
>>
>>139876905
>Seppuku
>51.5% lethality
48.5% confirmed pussies.
>>
>>139874105
I'm for it on the condition that terminal illness is involved (There is no cure, and alternative medicine does not work either, even controversial ones). Or for Alzheimer/Dementia/(Any other mental illness that pretty much erases you as a person and turns you into a walking ball of nothing that cannot remember who you are at all).

The terminal illness must be creating such severe pain that not even cannabis is of use. And as for the other two, they need to be reviewed by at least 20 doctors, and needs to be approved by the current Secretary of Health and Human Services, the family, and the persons will (witnessed by whatever amount USA deems necessary to render a will valid).

As for why I mention such mental illnesses, living with that must be a fucking ride from hell. Imagine having the mentality of a 3 year old who forget's everything you witnessed the past 5 seconds. On repeat. Until you die.
You are essentially a walking vegetable and your body is pretty much on autopilot. You barely remember your first 6 years in life. Imagine saying hello to your caretaker and/or family, and then forgetting them in 5 seconds or less.

I've worked with such old people. They are extremely vulnerable, easy to manipulate or abuse (And essentially can never say no). If assisted suicide was legal in my country I would not hesitate to write down my approval in my will if I ever got Alzheimer or dementia or some other crap. I would not want to be a walking vegetable.

Oh and you need to have had the mental illness for at least 10 years. Just to make sure it's not something else that can be treated or cured so you can actually control yourself and know who you are.
>>
>>139874105
Suicide is a personal right and should only be carried out personally.
>>
>>139881641
I find that hard to believe but okay everybody their own preferences.
>>
>>139881549
One is easily fixed with pain meds and andideppressants, the other is technically kinda sorta MURDER
>>
>>139881714

Say that when you've got a 850,000 dollar hospital bill that the rest of the family runs away from. You'd be amazed at how your values change when you're the one who has to declare bankruptcy and your credit is ruined for around 10 years. Try it. I dare you and keep those faux morals up.
>>
>>139881847
What's hard to believe? That I have a gun and can blow my own brains out at no added cost or that I would do it for my granny if that's what she wanted me to do and I were willing to pull the trigger for her?

I don't see what's so hard to understand. I'm not saying I want to do it. I'm saying that's the standard of morality involved with deciding whether or not one person takes another person's life.
>>
>>139881897
>One is easily fixed with pain meds and andideppressants
you have no concept of what you're talking about
>>
>>139881944

Meant to quote >>139881621 but whatever.
>>
>>139881944
I know you're afraid to attempt morals at all, at the slight chance you could disappoint yourself, but it sounds like there's a lot of other problems before even assisted suicide becomes a question from what you're saying.
>>
>>139874105
They violate the NAP
>>
>>139881621
Our ancestors never had to deal with shitty hospitals and stuff like that,
>>
>>139881641
>There's a government worker that helps me sign up for health care, that's how.
You think he would hire a mafia for you? Are you dumb
>>
>>139874105
It's just a really late term abortion. Better get one before it's mandatory sanpai.
>>
>>139882246
The government is the mafia. It makes the """mafia""" look like child's play.
>>
>>139882046
Theres a pain med for even the shapest of pains. And their suicidal tendency is easily fixed too.
>>
>>139874105
I would like to participate
>>
>>139882213
Yeah. That's the point. Yet they didn't resort to this nihilism.
>>
>>139874105
it's none of the government's fucking business. the state should STFU and go pave the roads.
>>
>>139874105
>Government allowing

Stopped reading there
>>
>>139874105
Two words: slippery slope.

Read this:
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/02/03/doctor-forcibly-euthanized-resisting-patient-cleared-dutch-court/

If doctors are allowed to euthanize terminally ill people, they'll eventually be able to euthanize depressed kids. If you don't believe me, look at the Netherlands or Belgium.
>>
>>139882353

wow so edgy
>>
>>139882403
They can already genitally mutilate the clinically insane.
>>
>>139882112

You have no idea what you're talking about and it's apparent. Go back to being a faux preacher.
>>
>>139882403
>>139880214
I know it's a blog post, BUT I JUST TRIED TO TELL THEM THIS
>>
>>139881762
No, it is a very slow death in a lot of cases. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaishakunin
>>
>>139882508
Go jump off a bridge, it's a free country.
>>
>>139882672
You didn't tell them how high a bridge, which I think is immoral.

One guy I knew jumped off a bridge like a dumbass and lasted another week. The hospital costs were a tragedy, but nothing like what his parents had to go through getting the call and having watching him die for a week looking like that.
>>
>>139882141

But the aggression is consented. Don't you have a child army to go command Kony?
>>
File: HiroshiOuchi.jpg (222KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HiroshiOuchi.jpg
222KB, 1600x1000px
It's wrong to keep someone alive against their will.
>>
>>139882868
>>139882508
15m if you're rolling the dice, 25m if you're serious
>>
> carry out their peaceful suicide

Only positive facts about it.

My crazy feminist 50+ years old welfare queen neighbor did it. She war the one to rile up the block against me using FPV RC quads in the garden. Happy shes gone.

Then, my mother. Im happy the narcisstic bitch has gone. Her absence alloed me to clear up my mind and to cleanse the multicultural nonsense out of my kids minds.
>>
>>139882032
The shotgun thing: I find it hard to believe because many people care what their corpse looks like. A skull broken into a million pieces compared to a fully intact face is a huge difference and I find it hard to believe people would rather die without a head than with a head (I don't believe in reincarnation or whatever the fuck kind of afterlife, it's more the idea and also for the people that want to view the body in the coffin and whatnot).

But that's not really what this is about anyways, discussion got kinda trailed off, the main argument was whether it's morally right for a doctor to do it instead of literally anybody else, in most cases a family member. The problem I see with this is that you get unregulated 'euthanizing' practices. For example, a person just killed his terminally sick mother and calls the church for a proper burial, local city hall to let them know the mother has died and has to be put in the system, friends and family for the burial etc. Problem here is. How do you regulate this? How would you know there wasn't a fight between the two, or money is part of the game, so he killed her, claimed euthanasia and walks away freely? There's too many loopholes and actual possibility for real murder if there is nothing like an ethics commitee at least behind the decision.
>>
>>139882493
Yeah, if they really cared about them they'd try to help them lose their gender dysphoria, especially since gender dysphoria is only temporary for most people. Instead they're emphasizing extreme individualism (the polar opposite of extreme collectivism), which cares more for people's freedom than the good of the people themselves or the wellbeing of society as a whole.
>>
>>139882373
If our ancestors lived in modern times they might consider suicide.
>>
>>139883078
Another guy I knew had researched it and did review the available bridges to find one a couple towns over where he had pretty much no chance of survival.

Totally fucked up his family, too, but at least that showed he was serious. It's a really difficult feeling to have a weird kind of respect for that. I wish he were still alive.
>>
>>139882403
Well that's the whole point. The state should be allowed to euthanize anyone voluntary or involuntary at the medical associations desecration.
>>
>>139883348
And this is what I mean, I guess, people shouldn't be giving up at all. It effects the people around them. At least make it ambiguous, but suicidal people have this obsession with making people know they did it on purpose.
>>
>>139874672
and to others he would be like Bold one from Brazzers
>>
>>139874105
If someones gunna off them selves their gunna do it regardless of if their aloud or not...
physician assisted is more of a courtesy then anything else... that way you dont fuck up some otherwise perfectly good apartment/house by blowing your brains out all over the interior or traumatize some kid by splating yourself on the pavement right in front of him from 30 floors up.
Suicide should be a basic human right... thats one id be happy to amend the constitution to add (as long as it was short and simple and added no loopholes)
>>
>>139883274
If you blow your head off a few people will see it to identify the corpse and you'll get to go out closed casket instead of being lodged in a fridge and then dressed up with hollywood makeup so all your closest friends and family can gawk at you one last time before you go in to the ground. To each his own.

Had another guy's dad tell me about having to look at his son's head all blown out and deflated from a gunshot as his last memory of the son he once had. Fucked him up a lot. But nobody else had to see that.
>>
>>139883274
the weak should fear the strong
>>
>>139883421
are you guys the new leaf posters or something?
>>
File: Isissht6.jpg (38KB, 748x423px) Image search: [Google]
Isissht6.jpg
38KB, 748x423px
>>139883713
Yea I can understand lol
>pic related
>>
>>139883542
The available evidence in that case in my opinion indicates that he was not at all thinking clearly by that point beyond I suppose as you say an obsession.

I would gladly have committed him to my own house and definitely not the state if I'd have been in the position to make the call.
>>
>>139883274
>I care what my rotting dead body looks like
From ashes into ashes, if you are so rushed to turn yourself into an inanimate object, why not grab the nearest fucking pencil? You obv dont care about your salvation or anyone you know, consider every second torture, the pain nor the condition of your dead body wont matter in a few minutes right?

No they are relishing every moment of anguish because they are sick in the mind
>>
File: 1503301118657.jpg (75KB, 652x661px) Image search: [Google]
1503301118657.jpg
75KB, 652x661px
>>139874105

why is a physician even needed? what good reason is there to not let some ambitious, enterprising company manufacture cyanide pills and sell them?

someone explain to me the benefit to society and the market of denying the right of letting suicidal, depressed people that dont want to live anymore kill themselves?
>>
>>139883348
How many dead friends do you have geez
>>
>>139874105
>Should it be allowed, or not?

Why not? All life isn't worth preserving, if you're on /pol/ you should know this. Assisted suicide = one less waste of space that sucks up resources.
>>
>>139884436
You can make a lot of money selling drugs. Even if you're not really a drug dealer you can make way more than you thought.

>>139884555
More than I want to be honest. Don't worry. If you make it to old age you'll have plenty of dead friends and family as well. Pets to. It sucks balls, but death is a part of life and it will happen to you, too, one day.
>>
>>139884176
I don't know if it's their way of lashing out at people in their life, or what, but I don't think many are in the mind to think about others anyway. It's maybe their self-obsession that they begin to dwell on a way out of it. I think it's dangerous anyway, to put that tool into use, because it ends up in the hands of young people who, if they just held out a little longer, might come out okay on the other side.

Anyway, sorry to hear it.
>>
>>139884627
Incorrect. Individualized suicide wastes fewer resources than industrialized suicide.
>>
>>139884436
Because most people are retards. For every 12 suicide attempts only 1 is successful.
>>
>>139878721
I don't really see the problem with assisted suicide from a taxpayers perspective. You would loose people that are going to be on life support and will cost you more in the long run to keep alive.
If they are just on medication your tax money are going to fund their meds subsidies, so i'm all for killing people that wants to die
>>
>>139884818
I don't think most are "legit" though desu
>>
I lost a gf to a brain tumor. A year or so after the fact a woman was made media famous after stating that she would rather commit suicide than go all the way down that road. After I saw what happened to my S.O. I had nothing but respect for her decision.
I myself seriously considered suicide after my gf passed away. Almost succeeded with airduster.

Now here I am 4 years later with a new gf and we are expecting a child!
Either submit to death or dance in the fire of life.
>>
>>139884818

thats actually a pretty good argument to legalize cyanide capsules
>>
They are breeding out my race, so soon no whites will remain, so may as well just fucking get it over with and kill me.
>>
>>139877001
Basically.
>>
>>139884936
yes, this is why more men than women complete a suicide. While women aren't legit about men are better at completing a job
>>
File: 1504192997245.jpg (98KB, 673x680px) Image search: [Google]
1504192997245.jpg
98KB, 673x680px
>>139884905
>having life support system at the first place
kek
>>
>>139884960
You remind me of this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5MDHf2X_M
>>
File: 1268188381026.gif (392KB, 352x288px) Image search: [Google]
1268188381026.gif
392KB, 352x288px
>>139874105
You have the right to your own life which I think should include the right to end your own life. In such cases as when one has decided to end there own life there should be a legal frame work for assistance where the participant is not charged with murder.
>>
>>139884780
Ever seen the cho tapes? Listen to his ramblings about simultaneously projecting pain and forgiveness and imposing them on other people as a way to lash out on himself for salvation by engaging in mass murder-suicide.

I think we're veering off the trail of the morality of sane people asking for assisted suicide (as if that's entirely sane?) but not everybody gets to be crazy like Terry A. Davis and just make hilarious videos of yelling at his parents about niggers and how the dog was getting fucked.
>>
>>139885231
The most obvious one is when they come in and tell you they self-asphyxiated somehow, but woke up at "the last second" and decided to come bother you in ER about their epiphany. A lot of students around exams as well, of course. Bathroom fixture hangings are giveaways- no fixture could support a human body. But I don't know how your numbers were collected.
>>
>>139874105
This should be fully permitted, provided a physician willing to do it is found.
People should have the right to choose when they go. Especially if they are bedridden and suffering, only syphoning money into pharma companies.
>>
>>139885802
I forget his name, but there was a guy the Soviets employed to shoot people in the head, one after another, in an attempt to achieve the full glorious efficiency of communism.

Is this the kind of willing physician you want?
>>
>>139885351
>Poland
It is no surprice to me that your hospitals are third world
>>
>>139874105
Morally, suicide is wrong. Ethically it is wrong for the state to stop someone from committing suicide.
>>
>>139874105
I don't care if people want help killing themselves but every last cent to make it happen must come out of the suicidal person's pocket.
>>
File: 1504238243623s.jpg (11KB, 246x250px) Image search: [Google]
1504238243623s.jpg
11KB, 246x250px
>>139886007
kek
rude fucking cunt
i was talking about ancap
>>
>>139885990
Where in my post do you see the physician having the say on who dies?
>>
>>139885431
Man I never even thought to look him up. I think if people were suiciding by exposure or another ambiguous mean, I may be inclined to take their stance as seriously just not wanting to live. That way the family could save a bit of face and it wouldn't hang over them the same way.
>>
>>139886396
>having the say on who decides
That's the very job of a physician.

The person you are referring to is an executioner -- he only executes somebody else's decision.
>>
>>139886494
At left cho left behind a kind of suicide note, if you could call it that.

Consider the parents of children who just go missing forever and they never know what happened, or even if they're dead or alive. Talk about nightmare fuel.
>>
>>139886737
Oh, yeah, I mean they don't hide their bodies and make them easy to find. But I suppose in the end it's dishonest anyway.

You wonder if his mother still watches it just to hear him.
>>
>>139887218
Of course she does. There's no closure or end to the story.

That's why doctor-assisted suicide is destructive. It separates the reality of death from the ones it affects most deeply. Call it for what it is: coward hired hitman job assisted murder. If the person in question can't pull the trigger himself then let the family pull it and know the finality and gravity of having to do so.
>>
Assisted suicide already exists in the US.

They just call it pain management, and no one talks about it.
>>
Well, from a moral standpoint I greatly disapprove of suicide. But everyone is different so what do I know? If people want to, that is their choice. My only gripe is that there are people out there who can't contribute anything to society (I'm talking the ones that are really paralyzed and can't talk/write/think) who probably should be euthanized.
>>
>>139887776
Worse yet, the medical community is always given an eventual command of when to enforce it as well. They deem the patient not medically responsible, and from there they can no longer refuse treatment. The family is pushed into decisions based on what the doctors tell them, and they really do go on power trips. At the end of it, you're being told someone HAS to die, otherwise it's inhumane. What kind of absurdity is that, that families no longer understand when and when not someone should be "put out of their misery"?

But I guess it's a similar disassociation that people have with slaughter on the farm and meat in the market.
>>
>>139888087
Oh, that's interesting, how do they dance legally with it?
>>
>>139888417
I think slaughter is a little bit different in principle because people do need to eat to stay alive. I remember an aunt in particular who died violently due to dehydration advised by the medical professional in charge, and I can't blame said professional from wanting to make excuses for the grotesque.

But at least the family though it was for the best even if the procedure was inhumane, unlike when Jeb Bush used the power of government to murder Terri Schiavo.
>>
>>139888511
They make money off of old pill stocks they would otherwise they would have to dispose of at a loss as hazardous waste (much like the military) and generally stuff old people full of pain pills and stuff to make them happy with it until there's no legitimate reason to keep them alive.

Even the generation below me has industrial pill-eating normalized, to say nothing of the upper two generations who express shock and surprise that I'm on 0 pills and not making my way up to 6 of them or more and being able to recite which payment schedules their on. I would be so in prison right now if I ever dared to expand my experience with the drug trade to anything like this level.
>>
>>139889367
Yeah, I thought the pill epidemic was pretty obvious. I avoided them just for that reason, but I'm surprised every time at just how young people start taking them, especially women. Then they just end up needing more of them. The most I took was antibiotics when I travelled to purge my system from dysentery.
>>
>What are your thoughts on the government allowing citizens to carry out their peaceful suicide with the assistance of a physician or professional?
It should be mandated for anyone over the age of 70 who cannot take care of themselves.

The elderly are a burden on society, and they don't even have the mythical old people wisdom that they're supposed to have. Just a bunch of entitled old farts who ruined the country sitting around shitting in their adult diapers and complaining about muh medicare. Medicare might become affordable if we started offing some of the old cunts.
>>
>>139890134
I still remember being on /b/ with kids expressing legitimate worry about whether or not they should get on pills. What a strange transition to wanting scrips to be cool and/or sell and trade them.

Seems like a parallel to the sexual revolution used for cultural subversion and destruction of a people, hey?
>>
>>139874105
>Thoughts on assisted suicide
McCain is well over due
>>
>>139876905
>Shotgun to head
>1.72min

mmmmmkay
>>
>>139874105
>be old
>life was shit
>still is
>don't want to suffer
>try to kill myself
>don't succeed, caught in the act
>institutionalized
>life is shittier than before
>even less to enjoy
>want to kill self even more
>have less chance of being able to
>have to suffer longer
>>
File: google-chromescreensnapz1118.jpg (49KB, 794x594px) Image search: [Google]
google-chromescreensnapz1118.jpg
49KB, 794x594px
>>139890163
o hai dis sum architecht of Obamacare?
>>
>>139890386
A lot of things being pushed have a salient thought throughout them which is the erosion of personal responsibility. Nothing is wrong, and it isn't your fault if it is.
>>
>>139891137
And let's go on to the next step. We considered pain management, right? Those are psychological pain management (actually brain damage but anyway).

It give me hope that there are people in the ER or whatever it is you do these days have a moral anchor.
>>
>>139874105
Of course it should be legal.
But it will never be, because of the overwhelming amount of dirty jewish shills who want you to be a wage slave, and the dumbass manchildren who think this is "murder" and believe the shills.
>>
>>139891959
>implying the jews don't want to put a toll booth on death, too
>>
>>139892037
it still wouldn't make up for a lifetime of slavery unless you are amazingly rich
also, since when one is dead one doesn't need money, a lot of people would do it, they would get money but no more workers, which means they would have to do the dirty work themselves
>>
>>139892304
Wait, assisted suicide does something about people being rich vs. poor? Am I new to this scene?
>>
>>139884960
>dance in the fire of life
damn, that's a poetic way of putting it
>>
>>139891744
I left ER a while ago, and I was only a security guard. Saw a lot, but really at the mercy of bureaucracy in the end. From what I gleaned from them, they're all about the sport of heroics and watching people die in interesting ways. And complaining about paperwork. Some are more human, of course. It's tough work though, and you have to wear the mask to make it through some days.

The issue is that the people calling the shots have zero moral qualms. A lot of them are interested in just how far they can go, especially in mental health. But you have to consider how it began as a way to test treatments on people who couldn't fight back anyway. Strange people altogether.
>>
>>139893125
>a way to test treatments on people who couldn't fight back anyway
Informed consent must rule the day. I guess I could say more even in my own field, but if there's one thing I want to say about the brain is that the individual neuron has many dendrites, but only one axon.

So, in other words, humans are fundamentally observers. Many are observers, and then they decide which signals they want to fire into the public discussion.
>>
>>139890163
This is why we were put in the world we are in right now - no respect for our ancestors, and therefore no learning from them.
>>
>>139893556
what is your field, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>139894537
If I weren't squemish I probably would have reformed a long time ago and gone in to some field of healing, which I regard as one of the highest callings of man.

So instead I push buttons for a side job that serves a great many fields, including intelligence operations, medical people, folks who are interested in human cognition, and an endless truckload of people who I would generally classify as useful idiots or possibly idiot savants.
>>
>>139894537
And by the way, we're getting closer. Every year I see more of them posting extra-stale memes on their doors. It's a matter of integrating over time; high school pre-physics.
>>
The right to die is as if not more important than the right to live.
So Im okay with it.
>>
>>139874105
I feel like this opens the door to ridiculously easy assassinations.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.