[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pol we need to get PAID

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 127654.jpg (130KB, 807x1019px) Image search: [Google]
127654.jpg
130KB, 807x1019px
pol what do you think? This pic shows how we haven't been getting paid more despite being way more productive. Unions used to keep a fair wage because common people could band together. Now we're cucks that work in "at-will" states and you can get fired for anything.

So now everything is expensive (houses, apartments, food, health), social security nearly has more taking out than paying in, wages are flat, pensions are disappearing, retirement age extends, and everyone is in debt.

Seriously yo, we need to start getting PAID again! Unions would be a good start, and I'm not even a commie cuck trying to spam. These companies warn you about unions because they don't want you to have a voice.

Bonus: HR started becoming popular in the 70s too
>>
>>139810168
It's not gonna happen; the only way to fix this is to end globalization and automation. Without those two forces being stopped stronger unions and labor laws will only result in more unemployment
>>
>>139810168
Wages haven't gone up for low kill jobs because they get taken over by foreigners. Deport them and wages will rise.
>>
File: Real Wages to Trade GDP.png (83KB, 824x518px) Image search: [Google]
Real Wages to Trade GDP.png
83KB, 824x518px
>>139810168
Mainly you just need to throw out free trade nonsense and this ridiculous unfettered free market crap.
>>
>>139810756
That chart is telling. Exactly when the trade went up, the wages across nearly all sectors dropped.

Also the foreign labor and automation are definitely other issues to contend with. We can stop the visas and immigration bs for one. Automation I'm not sure how you stop. I mean there aren't any elevator operators are there? Maybe retraining people for tech roles and/or splitting up jobs, so more people can work. I can vouch for that because every job I've had they tried to squeeze every bit out they could.
>>
File: US Balance of Trade.png (51KB, 1125x589px) Image search: [Google]
US Balance of Trade.png
51KB, 1125x589px
>>139811270
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_labor_arbitrage

Good reading for a start. The other two parts to free trade are regulatory arbitrage and tax arbitrage. Free trade is little more than those three and culminates in a total race to the bottom in standards.
>>
>>139811520
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_labor_arbitrage

I can see why it's a race to the bottom. The labor gets cheaper and increases in supply in the US, and new trade agreements always mean there's a new cheap foreign country waiting.

The wiki was good. While it did points out talented immigrants can be good, it did confirm the net effect is the US gives its jobs and wealth to other countries.

So causes can include immigration, globalization, trade deals, and tariffs. Damn that's like Trump's platform lmao
>>
>>139812508
Labor arbitrage has nothing to do with 'supply,' it has everything to do with different standards and the forced competition of higher standard labor with lower standard labor; US labor is always going to lose while they're forced to compete with desperate Asian labor willing to work for just enough to survive in squalor. The only way you 'compete' with it is to drop your own standards. Tariffs aren't a cause for it, it's the elimination of tariffs which does it.
>>
You and I are on the same page. I've seen first hand salaries drop when foreign labor comes in, and that chart showed that tariffs did help the trade balance.
>>
>>139810168
because idiots not realising their own self-interest....

look at trumps tax cuts for the perfect example of this ...over 100,000 a year for top earners.
>>
>>139810168
>wanting unions which are communist infested shitholes.
No thanks, I know you are antifa hiding behind a templar flag
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.