[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think of Abraham Lincoln?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1527.jpg (32KB, 349x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.jpg
32KB, 349x450px
What does /pol/ think of Abraham Lincoln?
>>
>>139742080
Sic semper tyrannis!
>>
A complicated figure. He held the union together....but at what cost?
>>
>>139742080

glad he won

>slavery is morally wrong
>a united states is better than a divided into two shitty countries who would constantly be at each other throats

no reason to support the south other than "muh herituge!"
>>
>>139742080
Oh, I'm a good old rebel,
Now that's just what I am,
And for this yankee nation,
I do not give a damn.
I'm glad I fought a ganner,
I only wish we won.
I ain't asked any pardon for anything I've done.
I hates the yankee nation and everything they do.
I hates the declaration of independence, too.
I hates the glorious union, t'is dripping with our blood.
I hates the striped banner, and fit it all I could
I rode with Robert E. Lee,
For three years, thereabout.
Got wounded in four places,
And I starved at point lookout.
I catched the rheumatism
A campin' in the snow.
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some more.
>>
>>139742080
Began the destruction of the USA, set up the country for takeover by the Jews. From Illinois, used to think he was great.
>>
>>139742080
Let's see:
>Considered shipping slaves "back to Africa" as a gesture to heal and unite the nation, while the "behind closed doors" policy was to cripple the southern economy into submission.
>As a result, took the country to task over an economic war between the north and south.
>Extensible violation of implied constitutional powers and State's Rights.
>Banned slavery over a year AFTER THE WAR STARTED. (see? It wasn't about slavery after all...)
>Pitted northern industrial states against southern croppers.
>Nearly fucking lost.

He was intelligent, and in an impossible position. Slavery was very slowly "on its way out", but Lincoln wanted to expedite that process as he saw slavery as the "life support system" that kept the south as economically independent as it could have ever been.

He tried "diplomatic" tactics that would be considered acts of economic aggression by today's standards, and people wanted to kick the north's shit in because of it. Here we are, 150+ years later talking about it. Once again, it boils down to this:
Jeffersonian Democrat-Republicans vs Hamilton Federalists. The Federalists won.
>>
>>139742080
he's dead and therefore irrelevant.
>>
File: SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.png (262KB, 270x467px) Image search: [Google]
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS.png
262KB, 270x467px
>>139742317

FPBP
>>
File: The Eternal Federal .png (214KB, 658x688px) Image search: [Google]
The Eternal Federal .png
214KB, 658x688px
>>139742436

t. (((Unionist))) vermin
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.