/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

California YES!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: silvio sopranos.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
silvio sopranos.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>L.A. City Council replaces Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day on city calendar

>The Los Angeles City Council voted Wednesday to eliminate Columbus Day from the city calendar, siding with activists who view the explorer as a symbol of genocide for native peoples in North America and elsewhere.

>Over the objections of Italian American civic groups, the council made the second Monday in October a day in L.A. to commemorate “indigenous, aboriginal and native people.” It replaces a holiday that served as a touchstone for Italian Americans, marking the arrival of Christopher Columbus in the Caribbean.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-indigenous-peoples-day-20170829-story.html
>>
bmup
>>
bump for exposure
>>
>>139678489
It's not a slight against Italians. Columbus betrayed his homeland to sail for Spain. And his single biggest impact on the modern world is the creation of the Mestizo race. That's why it's called "la dia de la raza" in Mexico.
>>
>>139678489
They seriously couldn't just make another day, any random day, stupid fucking nigger day? They couldn't have two days celebrating two different things? They seriously just had to erase one day commemorating history?

Gas the fucking kikes, race war now. I'm serious.
>>
columbus day is a federal holiday, the LA City Council has no say
>>
>>139678489
Stupida fucking game!
>>
Good. Columbus was a hack. Scandinavians found America long before he did, and America was known to many ancient peoples.
>>
it's a federal holiday though...
>>
File: 11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif (3MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif
3MB, 290x189px
>>139678489
>Genoan ("Italy" didn't exist until the 19th century)
>loyal to the king of Spain
>"""""discovered""""" (he wasn't even the first European) America by accident
>""""""""""""""""""""Italian""""""""""""""""""""-Americans claim him as one of their own
Burgers are hilarious.
>>
>>139684574
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of me owning a knife and not paying a fucking tv license
>>
>>139684574
Go brush your teeth.
>>
>>139682654
yes, but the reason Columbus Day is a holiday in the first place is because of Italian-American groups who petitioned for it. It wasn't so much a celebration of Columbus but of the contributions of Italians in America in general. The history of the holiday shouldn't be ignored and it was.
>>
File: Watch it.jpg (24KB, 377x325px) Image search: [Google]
Watch it.jpg
24KB, 377x325px
Watch it, LA.
>>
>>139684798
>The history of the holiday shouldn't be ignored and it was.
I agree. The "indigenous" people and others who push for this are letting emotions cloud their judgement. Many of them (if not all of them) wouldn't exist if not for Columbus. Not only should there be a Columbus Day, but there should be a day that helps remind us what indigenous people were/are, emphasizing an honest portrayal of their pre-American lifestyles and peculiarities.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x616px
>>139678489
Gud
Fuck whitey
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.