[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: rene-descartes.jpg (45KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
rene-descartes.jpg
45KB, 300x219px
Does free will exist? Are we only products of that of which we have experienced or do we live in a universe of metaphysical libertarianism?
>>
Whatever you chose to believe is real. I prefer to believe I have free will.
>>
>>139657305
Obviously not you fucking retard.
>>
>>139657305
if it does, it doesn't manifest on this plane/dimension. We probably wouldn't even be able to perceive free will.
>>
>>139657679
Do you really chose to believe or is your belief modeled by past experience and convictions?
>>
>>139657305
The question is interesting because in principal, it doesn't matter what the answer is. Whether or not we have free will, and whether or not you believe we do, we have to go on acting as if we do.
>>
>>139657305
The Wheel
and
Aeroplane
>>
>>139657859
Its more a mechanism for me to keep my sanity.

Not having free will would leave me feeling trapped.

Whereas believing in my free will, I feel more accountable for my actions and feel like a master of my reality in a way.

In my opinion assuming no free will creates a limiting belief that may not allow me to grow to my potential.
>>
>>139657305
Free will is an inherently religious concept. I'm the child of two atheists and never even heard of the concept of free will until I started interacting with religious people as an adult. For free will to even be a concept there has to be some sort of being capable of denying your will. No such being exists, therefor the concept of free will is irrelevant. Only in the context of religion does it even make sense.
>>
>>139659621
Nice pasta.
Now fuck off.
>>
>>139657305
>not politics
die
>>
>>139659690
What? I just typed that up you retard. What the fuck?
>>
>>139657305

Everthing is planned out. You rationalize your already set route.
>>
the only will that exists is the blind will to eat and reproduce
>>
>>139657305
Your life is a product of a chain of causes and effects, but you have the ability to insert some of your own causes into the chain, unless your a nigger.
>>
>>139659867
> t.nigger
>>
For people who believe in free will - what does that even mean exactly?

If you don't believe that your decisions are a result of the sum of your experiences and biology, what else leads to your free will decisions?

I assume that it has to do with the concept of a soul, which is pretty ambiguous to me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.