[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Brave New World the Ultimate Utopia?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: brave new world.jpg (129KB, 670x946px) Image search: [Google]
brave new world.jpg
129KB, 670x946px
>Everyone has a hovercar
>Everyone happy
>Free legal drugs
>Sex everywhere
>Hedonism
>Everyone an atheist
>No one says any offensive shit or they are deported
>>
File: chad kekist.jpg (213KB, 1494x574px) Image search: [Google]
chad kekist.jpg
213KB, 1494x574px
>>139644982
In that book's "utopia" you weren't allowed to think for yourself. That means no memes.
>>
UMMMMMMM, PEOPLE IN HIGH SCHOOL READ THAT BOOK, AND YOURE USING IT IN AN ARGUMENT? LOL! THATS A BOOK THAT HIGH SCHOOLERS READ, DUMMY. GET A BETTER ARGUMENT THAN A BOOK THATS ON HIGH SCHOOL READING LISTS, SWEATY.
:^)
>>
>>139644982
It's where the fucking world heading right now.
>>
Jesus. Is this the education my tax dollars are paying for? I want my money back.
>>
>>139645320
also soma = blue pill
>>
File: lena-dunham-nude-2__oPt.jpg (83KB, 580x324px) Image search: [Google]
lena-dunham-nude-2__oPt.jpg
83KB, 580x324px
>>139645241
:DDDD
>>
>>139644982
government drugs everyone, controls everything, makes babies in test tubes

fuck that
>>
>>139644982
>tfw no centrifugal bumblepuppy
>>
>nuh quality of life improvements
it's dystopian
>>
>>139645241
I don't get the level of your retardness.
>>
>>139645154
You don't need to because chemicals later your brain

>>139645320
No it isn't really. In Brave New World they had overrunning consumerism. Consumerism has been dying since the 1950s in the West

>>139645241
Im 18, and yes im in highschool.
>>
>>139646042
That's because we're figuring out that "consumerism" is just another arm of the great Yiddish usury scheme to separate the gentiles from their sheckels. Not that metropolitan America would let you know this is a good thing, though
>>
>>139646249
Then why has consumerism in metropolitican america been dying since the 1950? We've run out of money.
>>
>>139646410
Yes, goyim, you're very close to the truth. Look what happened last time they sucked a country dry and tried to move on peacefully. A big fuckin iron curtain, several new sciences, and a fuckload of dead people. We intend to preempt this next flight, trap then all in their homes, then burn it all to the fucking ground.
>>
File: hes woke.jpg (321KB, 660x883px) Image search: [Google]
hes woke.jpg
321KB, 660x883px
>>139646042
>government issued drugs that numb you and don't even give you a good trip
>memes can be genuinely funny/educational
Look I read that book too and its just a bunch of false dichotomy garbage
>>
>>139644982
>Everyone has a hovercar
Good
>Everyone happy
They probably aren't
>Free legal drugs
bad
>Sex everywhere
fornication is bad
>Hedonism
gay
>Everyone an atheist
No wonder why it sucks
>No one says any offensive shit or they are deported
bad

kys
>>
>>139645154
The whole idea/definition of 'memes' is that it is easily replicable behavior so you don't have to think for yourself.
>>
>>139646912
They give you good trips. And anti-semitism is a fallacy get that shit off my screen.
>>
>>139647255
please tell me you have cancer.
>>
>>139646042
>Consumerism has been dying since the 1950s in the West
Which timeline is this?
>>
>>139647279
That's a disgustingly post modernist way of looking at it.

The same way a man passes down his genes, his family will pass down his memes. This is the natural way of things, and I wholly reject any argument you may have to justify changing it.
>>
File: white powah.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
white powah.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>139647279
You take your looney pills to die on the inside and I'll take my digitized pictures ya fuckin' ninny.
>>139647395
Soma is basically heroin that shit is not an experience like shrooms or acid. Click the x button bitch.
>>
>>139644982
You forgot that it is the death of the Übermensch. Fucking commie.
>>
File: 1503709188834.png (300KB, 1500x2207px) Image search: [Google]
1503709188834.png
300KB, 1500x2207px
Understand the mind of your enemy and these threads will make a lot more sense. BNW was the perfect example of how miserable people actually are in a society that you describe. They were all dumbed down drug addicts. I can see why a stupid commie fuck like you would enjoy it.
>>
File: redditisthatway.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
redditisthatway.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>139644982
>>
>>139649331
>1503709188834.png
That's not at all what critical theory is.

"Critical Theorists have long sought to distinguish their aims, methods, theories, and forms of explanation from standard understandings in both the natural and the social sciences. Instead, they have claimed that social inquiry ought to combine rather than separate the poles of philosophy and the social sciences: explanation and understanding, structure and agency, regularity and normativity. Such an approach, Critical Theorists argue, permits their enterprise to be practical in a distinctively moral (rather than instrumental) sense. They do not merely seek to provide the means to achieve some independent goal, but rather (as in Horkheimer's famous definition mentioned above) seek “human emancipation” in circumstances of domination and oppression. "

TL;DR Our corporate masters force us to buy their shit. Our religious master forces us in to wars. Our traditions force us to behave in ways that are not ethical.

We can think for ourselves. We don't have to do any of that anymore.
>>
>>139651508
>that's not what critical theory is
>a-a-a-also real communism's never been tried guize
>I-I-I know how to think for myself I'm not indoctrinated
Get the fuck out of here you brainwashed cunt.
>>
>>139646042
>Consumerism has been dying since the 1950s in the West
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>139647279
Using a word doesn't diminish its value simply because you didn't coin the word.
>>
Realistically what more could you want? People were happy, healthy, long lived and had plenty of sex and entertainment.
The fact there was no resistance shows how pleased people were
>>
>>139655166
Only the people in BNW weren't happy or healthy. The entire book was a criticism of the false "utopia" where people had to be constantly drugged so they didn't wake up and realize what the fuck was going on. When they did open their eyes and look around them, they had complete mental breakdowns. It's basically a prediction of what would happen with leftists 100 years before it even happened. Retreating into a bubble and trading their souls to their overlords for some drugs and a little food. The complete antithesis of independent thought.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.