[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we Rome 2.0?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

The romans collapsed due to barbarian invasions just as we are, but what is causing this sort of thing?
Is it because of external events or internal cultural changes? What is going on? Which comes first? Marxism wasn't around back then but the present seems much the same as the past!
>>
File: fea2f-christianized_aug.jpg (650KB, 542x900px) Image search: [Google]
fea2f-christianized_aug.jpg
650KB, 542x900px
>>139643999
>Marxism wasn't around back then
Christianity.
Emperor's were sucking bishops dicks, libraries were burned, statues of old heroes were destroyed and had crosses carved in their faces. Barbarians were "good christians" so of course they were let in.
Way too many people could read the bible so their version of christianity was closer to "actual" christianity than dark, pagan and half-tribal catholicism of the medieval era.
>>
>>139643999

Semitic influence.
>>
File: bcmerchant.jpg (20KB, 384x407px) Image search: [Google]
bcmerchant.jpg
20KB, 384x407px
>>139644407
Interesting that they carved the nose off, I wonder why.
>>
>>139643999
Christianity.
"We have to accept those people that didn't have the chance to be born in the Empire, let's them feel the roman happiness".

If I find the exact quote i will post it, was from the bishop of Costantinople.
>>
>>139643999

>1600 years later germany still fucking up europe

why are you faggots nazi larpers still? germany has to be the worst state.
>>
>>139644857
>barbarians were the first to reach the moon
>meanwhile orcish hordes from the south can barely figure out farming
Yes, it's clearly all the barbarians' faults.
>>
File: Siemiradski_Fackeln-800x500.jpg (151KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Siemiradski_Fackeln-800x500.jpg
151KB, 800x500px
Furthermore apparently there were moral panics back them as well following the conquest of Greece and the introduction of the (then) decadent cosmopolitan Greek culture.

Is a professional army also to blame? It allows common citizens to not worry about strength and honor and therefore become weaker, and lazier as they leave the land for the city.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.