[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender neutral pronouns

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1319461_1.jpg (47KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1319461_1.jpg
47KB, 630x630px
Why don't english just use 'them' instead of he/she.
The people wanting to invent their new bullshit pronouns would have no reason to complain then.
It's is just the easiest compromise you could do.
>>
>>139588869
This is a hitler stupid idea
>>
>>139588869
Why not invent your own bullshit language and leave English alone?
>>
>>139588869
'Them' is plural.
>>
>>139588869
Why does there have to be comprise for the sake of mental people?
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (139KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
139KB, 555x414px
>>139588869
Because of the psychology behind leftism.

>But no matter how far the movement has gone in attaining its goals the leftist is never satisfied, because his activism is a surrogate activity (see paragraph 41). That is, the leftist’s real motive is not to attain the ostensible goals of leftism; in reality he is motivated by the sense of power he gets from struggling for and then reaching a social goal. [35] Consequently the leftist is never satisfied with the goals he has already attained; his need for the power process leads him always to pursue some new goal. The leftist wants equal opportunities for minorities. When that is attained he insists on statistical equality of achievement by minorities. And as long as anyone harbors in some corner of his mind a negative attitude toward some minority, the leftist has to re-educated him. And ethnic minorities are not enough; no one can be allowed to have a negative attitude toward homosexuals, disabled people, fat people, old people, ugly people, and on and on and on.

>Suppose you asked leftists to make a list of ALL the things that were wrong with society, and then suppose you instituted EVERY social change that they demanded. It is safe to say that within a couple of years the majority of leftists would find something new to complain about, some new social “evil” to correct because, once again, the leftist is motivated less by distress at society’s ills than by the need to satisfy his drive for power by imposing his solutions on society.
>>
>>139589007
To be fair to Op, "you" was once the plural form. Ye was the singular form. Language does change over time. The pronoun "they" was introduced in Middle English because of a sound change that had the native word "hie" sounding just like the pronoun "he".
>>
>>139589314
Yes I know this. Thats why you solve their bullshit with solutions they don't want.
Pronoun for everyone -> just one
Black lives matter -> no lives matter
etc.

So you take take the joy out of their "victories"
>>
>>139588869
i dunno man honestly all the transgendered people i've known or seen are fine with "they/them" pronouns and i'm fine with saying it.literally no skin off my back there's bigger things to worry about
that whole "xer" shit is just a bunch of faggos looking for attention and to be special
>>
>>139588869
What am I compromising for exactly? What's the point and who is it for?
>>
File: 91117.png (3MB, 1300x796px)
91117.png
3MB, 1300x796px
how about we can address people however we want
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.