[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trades

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2979.jpg (136KB, 1024x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2979.jpg
136KB, 1024x864px
Meme or no meme?
>>
Meme.

You'll end up with back problems and an opiate addiction.

Inb4 a bunch of HVAC anons flood in telling you otherwise.
>>
>>139586261
I mean 30$ an hour is a hot meme for me.

All supply and demand and we are out of tradesmen.
>>
SJW's gonna SJW.
>>
>>139586261
Women are non-existant and it's 90% white.
>>
>>139586343

What wrong with any of these things?
>>
>>139586343
I don't know anyone with a back problems or opiate addiction. Stop falling for the meme
>>
Mostly a meme yeah. You'll make more than your high school friends at 20, sure, and that'll be nice, but when you're 40 you'll be making only a little bit more while your college pals are making $70k at least.
>>
Not meme. My group of nerd friends all went for typical educations like electrical or chemical engineering, went to law school or med school

The ones that went to med school are still struggling through their residency - they are still not full doctors

The ones that went into engineering are holding entry level salaries after joining their employers them 2-3 years ago

The ones that went to law school are unemployed.

Meanwhile, I'm making just about 90k per year for the past 4 years. I will buy a house outright in 2 years when I finally have enough money as they stress over their loans. This is no meme, this is life.
>>
File: poflo.jpg (468KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
poflo.jpg
468KB, 2048x1365px
>>139587234
Well, not true at all. We get yearly raises in my union i started out at $20.75 and now im making between $23-$30hr depending on the contractor.

That doesnt count overtime. I can make 60k in 5 months.
>>
>>139587590
What trade do you do anon?
>>
>>139587710
Electrician. Took me 8 months after finishing my first qualification to see money I've never seen in my life. I thought it was normal, but then I learned my friends are still not seeing it. We are all 24-26 years old. I'm the richest with the least amount of money and time invested into education
>>
>>139587884
I am considering becoming an electrician but I thought the salaries were low, and more of just middle of the line at journeyman. Is it any different in Canada? Were you lucky? I'm just curious as to how you got almost 6 figures that early as an electrician, I assumed you only make that much down the line when you own a business.
>>
>>139586261
It's a meme

Mass immigration is bringing in a lot of low-skill laborers who can do your trade job for a tenth of the price. Yes, they're incompetent, but it's cheap and who cares if quality drops? At least, that's how the MBA's in charge of many of these companies see it. Then you've got other companies forced to follow along because they can't compete against the cheap labour otherwise, and it's cost-cutting all around.

On top of the mass immigration problem destroying the value of the work, there's also automation slowly creeping along, making more and more jobs redundant or less man-power intensive.

Then, combine mass immigration of unskilled labor with automation and what you get are competent whites in the trades flooding into whichever trades the automation/economic migrants can't do, which again pushes down wages.

It might seem great, but the reality is that it's not a long term solution. Most of the people crowing about how awesome their trade is are the lottery winners - making it where they are through networking, or having put up with years of apprenticing, or being in a particularly good industry/market for their location. There's plenty of coal miners and oil riggers who thought they hit the jackpot and are now out of work or working at starbucks because markets changed.
>>
>>139588189
5% of the canadian economy is in home renovations (no, not HOMES, home RENOS). Electricians are in relatively high demand and get paid well because there's so much money going into this sort of thing.

If the housing market collapses he'll probably be SOL unless he's cultivated some good long-term clients.
>>
>>139586261
Go for it. Hard work to start with then you end up sitting on your arse telling people what to do.
>>
>>139586261

I have a PhD from an internationally prestigious university. I am 32 and I have decided to enrol in tradeschool.

Why is this?

(1) Physical labour is satisfying. Making tangible things is satisfying. When society plunges into chaos, we will need people who know basic things like how to build a house and install plumbing, how to run a generator and get electricity working in a house.

(2) Trades are still largely male, which means they are not dominated by PC authoritarianism and evil, scheming harridans. Working in an office for a govt agency or multinational corporation means I have to be 'secret agent' because I am an Orthodox Christian, and I am *not* okay with faggot marriage and feminism.

(3) I will make more money.

(4) I won't become a low-T fatso.

(5) I will be able to find work anywhere. I won't have to live in a major urban centre in close proximity to hipsters, faggots and muslims immigrants. Imagine being able to live comfortably in a small fishing town. Noice.
>>
File: zu2456285_alt_1_tm1377543160.jpg (229KB, 1000x1201px) Image search: [Google]
zu2456285_alt_1_tm1377543160.jpg
229KB, 1000x1201px
>>
>>139590184
Me in the pic
>>
>>139590099
This, after I enrolled in a university and made my bachelor, but in my tine there I realized just how much I hate the city. So I went back home and learned a trade to work in a small manufactury.
I'm fixin and service the machines, thanks to unions I get paid 3,5k€/month.
I'm 24 btw.
>>
>>139586526
Anon I've got news for you. I sadly have an opiate addiction because my backs so fucked and (((doctors))) told me to just take these pills. They said "they're non-habit forming" and didn't even talk about alternative approaches to treating the pain problem.
>>
Already got a taste of the trades a decade ago

>18 hour work days
>Texas heat
>everyone on the crew is either a white meth head or non-white

Yeah, no thanks. I'll work retail.
>>
>>139591185

The (((Sackler))) family are behind the destruction of the white working class.

www.alternet.org/drugs/oxycontin-clan-americas-wealthiest-families
>>
>>139591336
Please archive or screenshot
https://archive.is/D8NRS
>>
>>139591323

You may be able to find work that does not involve 18 hour work days.
>>
>>139591185
>>139591336
>Won't take responsibility for their own recovery
>blame "the man"
Niggers, folks. I shot heroin for ten years but when I was ready I got clean now I'm a plumber making around 60k a year with little less than 2 yrs experience, have a white Family and living the American dream. Don't let nigger crybabies hold you back op.
>>
>>139591832
oh and i know /pol/ might talk shit cuz beaners
but I love and always will love the United States of America
it's why I browse here and support you white folk, thinking of antifa and libs genuinely infuriates me
it truly is the land of opportunities
>>
>>139586261
Meme. Shit pay and bad long term investment. The only way you can make real money is by opening your own business, of which there are already 100 more experienced ones in your area.
>>
>>139586261

IF you want to work with Hispanics and have a mediocre life filled with body pain and suffering than yeah, trades are the way to go.

If you want to join the rest of the white labor force then get into engineering.
>>
>>139592399
I was under the impression that it's full of pajeets. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>139586261
Women in trades is a meme. For a lot of men its a good option.
>>
>>139591404
ahaha lol they didnt have that
>>
>>139586523i dont now man! fuc of
>>
>>139586343
Only if you work for a Jew.
>>
>>139586261
Depends, you might be fantastic at your trade but get shit work due to networking issues.
>>
>>139592556
Would you believe I saw a female sparky recently?
>>
>>139592548
All draftsmen seem to be Indian now.

And they do suck as expected.
>>
>>139594578
I've seen a woman turdburglar
>>
File: IMAG0032.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0032.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
paid cash for this...all from working a trade job
>>
>>139594863
Waste of cash honestly.

Unless you are raking it in that much.
>>
>>139586261
No meme, good tradesmen are hard to find.
>>
>>139595039
And the weirdest thing is it takes fuck all competency to be good, just lots of effort and dedication.
>>
>>139587234

Construction managers, buisness owners and highly skilled specialty tradesmen easily make 6 figure incomes.There is potential growth if you really go for it.
>>
>>139586261
When your toilet floods your house on Sunday, you will know the answer young anon.
>>
>>139587234
But you will be reaping the rewards of having money to invest in your 20's by your 40's so the money you make from that alone will shit all over the money someone earns on salary, no matter their qualification. Just invest right. No one gets wealthy going to work for some other fucker.
>>
Either learn a non-physicaly demanding trade or go white collar.
>>
>>139594578
20 years in the electrical trade and I have met 4 female electricians.
>>
>>139586261
>pic of blue collar workers
>5 women
>4 men

if you can do it with 90 IQ it's a meme
>>
>>139595335
Like Unicorns. Never seen one as a boilermaker though.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.