[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student in my class debates Marxist professor

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: 1503678568577.png (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503678568577.png
12KB, 300x300px
My English professor was discussing Marxism and essentially said that it's up to you do determine whether or not Marxism is good.

One of the students, who I presume may be a /pol/ user, challenged the professor's assertions, saying that Marxism is objectively evil. A debate ensued.

The student said that Marxism has led to the deaths of millions. The professor countered the claim by saying that capitalism has also led to the deaths of millions. His assertion was that capitalism thrives on extracting the resources from developing countries which ultimately instigates war. The professor also noted that capitalist America is invariably at war in the Middle East in an endeavor to procure cheap oil.

The student became a stuttering mess. I felt bad for him, but I didn't want to challenge the professor because I didn't want to be graded more harshly for having conflicting view points.

The debate ended with the professor saying that capitalism is essentially on par with Marxism in terms of brutality and morality. He cited that true capitalism allows poor people to die off which is no worse than killing them deliberately because you are systematically killing the poor people under capitalism.

What would you guys have said to this professor?

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.