[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /pol/ feel about the automotive industry and what do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: miatasaregaytho.jpg (2MB, 4159x1849px) Image search: [Google]
miatasaregaytho.jpg
2MB, 4159x1849px
How does /pol/ feel about the automotive industry and what do you guys drive?

American brands don't even make much of their cars here in the USA, and some Jap brands even build some shit over here.

>if u rly love murica you ought to drive an older, true american built vehicle

pic relato is some first gen s10 blazer i found owned by an 83 yr old man who bought it new. its a time capsule its so pristine
>>
>>139516728
>drive older true American
This is spot on, except states like California where they force emissions regulations on vehicles so that you have to buy new ones or pay a ton to "fix" older ones to pass.
Newer American, however, is shit. Sadly we let the Asians beat us. One day American cars will be glorious again, until then American pride and loyalty will be abused.
>>
I drive jap and restore American for clients . wouldnt mind an old g body
>>
>>139517373
I don't live in a homo emissions check state so I may be ignorant here, but I don't think it'd be much work getting one to "pass". just about everyone in the car culture community over there swap bits so they can pass then swap back to whatever parts they actually run.

I used to be into jap cars for a good 6 years or so, and the last WRX i had i once had to completely take apart. then i bought an older chevy which i also had to rebuild and OH MY SHOOTDANG is it sooooo much easier to work on and parts are pennies
>>
>>139517822
Same here except I recently made the change to murican daily driver, and i regret waiting so long.

don't get me wrong, there are lots of fun foreign vehicles but the cost to what you get ratio is fucked.

a lot of people don't know how cheap cars like BMWs are over in Germtown when they are marked up so so much more $$ over here
>>
>if u think u redpilled driving a foreign car then nigga u hypocrite low tier

i dont really wanna try to bait you guys.

pls like cars /pol/
u cant spell /pol/ without /o/

also if anyone wants to see, i just finished building a 80 t/a. i reckon i can get 25 for it but ill take 20 because i have less than half that invested
>>
>>139518273
Lol I daily a dodge caravan to work . murrica fuck yeah
>>
>>139517373
I'm in California and drive a 1968 Buick. No emissions for me
>>
In U.K. we imported the finance model from USA

We call it PCP, where you get a new car you don't actually own, pay monthly payments to cover the depreciation for 3 years plus interest and VAT, then are given the choice at the end of paying a massively final payment or renewing the contract for a new debt mobile.

The result is that despite zero real terms wage growth since 2008, you have people that work in call centres and serve Big Macs driving around in audis and BMWs.

It will collapse soon because used car sales will plummet.
>>
>>139520880

*used car prices
>>
Tesla iss a good american brand
>>
File: 20170829_164908[1].jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_164908[1].jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
heres my t/a
>>
>>139521366
How long is your mullet?
>>
that's a sweet ride, OP.
Honestly I haven't liked cars since the 90s. There's some really nice american ones these days like the CTS-V but the rest are all so ugly.
80's muscle and exotic cars will always be my favourite.
>>
File: 20170415_012141.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170415_012141.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>139521366
I'm just breaking balls. That's a clean looking firebird.
Here's a bad picture of my Electra
>>
>>139521512
I didn't buy it to own buddy, i bought "it" to sell.

by it i mean i found some older gentleman selling a disassembled t/a with a clean clean interior so i bought it, rebuilt the car, and put in a motor and trans. i have ~8000 invested.

do you know what these sell for?
>>
>>139516728
I don't know man, the Dodge plant down the road from me seems to build quite a few vehicles. It seems every week they build thousands of cars, and fill up their giant lot. Then trains and trucks come it and take them all away. Then next week, the lot is full again.
>>
File: 20170829_165002[1].jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170829_165002[1].jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>139521764
haha holy shit dude, thats badass. i love white.

whats it like parking that bad boy?

pic is why i bought the car.
>>
man i was hoping /pol/ would have more love for cars

all this talk about redpilling and pride and love for your country and people so logically you should drive american built vehicles

plus cars are just cool. and manly.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.