[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people take Terence Mckenna seriously?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 74

File: Hanna_jon_1999_mckenna_terence.jpg (231KB, 1024x853px) Image search: [Google]
Hanna_jon_1999_mckenna_terence.jpg
231KB, 1024x853px
>>
>>139513564
He's entertaining to listen to but I don't think a great majority of people take him too seriously.

His life was clearly very out of balance, as evidenced by the brain tumor.
>>
>>139513564
They probably aren't aware of the fact that he had a huge brain tumor.
>>
>>139513564
Terence McKenna always told people not to take him seriously as what he was saying was just some fun stuff he came up with while on mushrooms. The only serious thing he said was to not be a pussy and take the whole 5 grams.
>>
File: 1408409585762.jpg (516KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1408409585762.jpg
516KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>139513564
I like his take on Finnegans Wake.
>>
>>139513564
I wanna try DMT so bad
>>
>>139513564
Didn't he predict that the world would end in 2012
>>
There's those who think tripping show you truths, and those who realize said truths are just your brain being broken in amusing ways.

How shallow must your perspective be if temporarily breaking your cognition opens news plateaus?
>>
>>139519612
Do it

It takes you out of this simulation for a while - well, for infinity
>>
>>139519665
>implying it didnt
>>
>>139519801

It isn't a matter of me hating psychedelic ideas. It is a matter of Terence being mentally ill.
>>
His stoned ape theory is interesting and at least semi-scholarly. Certainly better than lots of the other shit that comes from psychedelics enthusiasts - I've been interested in the culture for ages and have taken various psychedelics a few times, but every other person I've met who's taken them has been a complete fucking idiot.
>>
>>139515738
Mostly this.
His lectures were fun and at times compelling, a lot of hooey mixed in, but fun nonetheless.

He was a notorious pussyslayer and used his lecture tour as a means to bang sexy raving ecstasy chicks & hairy hippie girls throughout the 90s.
>>
>>139519612
If you've already done lsd and shrooms then go for it. I've been interested in getting my hands on 4aco but not sure entirely sure what to expect from it considering there are so many other pro drugs for DMT.
>>
>>139521751

It is really hard to find good material on the subject because there's so much woo involved. Alan Watts is someone who isn't entirely crazy but that's about it.
>>
Not after 2012.
>>
>>139522090
i know someone who kinda of runs in a similar circle to Terrance McKenna. Unfortunately I don't recall ever asking him about McKenna, as I never took him seriously. He was a friend of Shulgin and that whole psychedelic scientist community, which kind of lives on with Rick Doblin and the MAPS project, btw yesterday they announced their FDA approval for a phase 3 clinical trial of MDMA for PTSD with "breakthrough therapy" designation which means it meets an unmet need better than any currently available therapy (PTSD is very costly, financially and otherwise)

anyway the guy I know who ran in these circles, he was a total horn dog and by the time I knew him he was much older, like 60+, but he would date these 20 year old psychedelic research community groupies, like this is still happening, not just in the 90s. I don't know how often he is having sex with them, but... yea pretty often I think. He is also like a Buddhist teacher, a Llamma. I hesitate to call him a friend anymore..
>>
>>139513564
For the same reason the /x/ board exists, a substantial percentage of the human population is human only in the biological sense, and are otherwise entirely lacking in any capacity for rational thought or reason.
>>
>>139519801
t. has clearly never tripped
>>
>>139513564
because people want to be mystical and believing and heavy drug use is the only way you can fool yourself into thinking this Universe is comprehensible beyond bare materialism.

We will falter, wither then die and our consciousness with it. Mushrooms are poisons that give us weird visions. McKenna tries to make out their is other dimensions and shit. Its another way to try grasp the ineffable
>>
>>139524643

Finding a person who is merely friends with Shulgin is amazing. Consider yourself incredibly lucky even if you don't like the guy you know him from. TIHKAL is an amazing book if you are interested in psychoactives and chemistry.

While we are on the topic of Budhism, it can be a good example of eastern philosophy gone wrong depending on what you value. Buddhist often to violate core "tenets" in favor of meaningless and mock up ritual. You can see a lot of bleed through of it into the psychedelic community.
>>
>>139524643
It was always my dream to work with MAPS on psychedelic medicine, until the ol' existential crisis kicked in and I lost the willpower to care about anything too strongly. Maybe returning to psychedelics would cure that though, who knows.
>>
>>139526232
I've heard Changa is very strong and enlightening experience if you want to try that. I'm personally shit scared straight of ayahuasca.
>>
>>139513564
he was a shaman teacher type.
he had an ability to communicate psychedelic ideas in a way that could be entertained by listeners without having to dose psilocybin.

he was a genuine person.
and 100% achieved god at least once while alive.

entertaining.
>>
>>139521751
They can't make someone not-an-idiot if that's just what they are. Most people are just that... Seeing as you apparently haven't noticed, I got bad need for you...
>>
>>139526674
What's the active chemical in changa? I made a point of learning about every hallucinogen known to man and I've never come across that, although it's been a while since I was learning about them. Ayahuasca is one I'd love to try (in the right setting) and one that would probably help me desu. Scarier ones for me are some of the research chemicals that last for 15-16 hours. I had a difficult trip for about 8 hours on aMT before, and that was bad enough.
>>
>>139526687
No such thing as achieving god on shrooms. I've done them a couple of times. Kind of useful to analyze shit in your life. But it dissipates after a couple days.
>>
>>139527241
keep going.
>>
>>139527204
It's for the most part DMT. You'd have to ask of the exact plants that are in your specific blend but for the most part it is kin to smoke able Ayhuasca.

It is basically Banisteriopsis caapi (Monoamine oxidase inhibitor) mixed with various DMT containing plants.
>>
>>139528049
Ahh I see, I'm guessing the effects are much shorter term then? How does it differ to smoking pure DMT? Is it just a more rudimentary form of doing it, given that tribes wouldn't have been able to synthesise pure DMT?
>>
>>139527241
>done shrooms "a couple time"
>knows everything about them

Go do about 10g and get back to me. If that doesn't work, go ahead and combine with Peyote and tell me you didn't find God.
>>
File: 1503910970310.png (402KB, 573x652px) Image search: [Google]
1503910970310.png
402KB, 573x652px
>>139513564
Fucking hippies.
>>
>>139528327
I honestly couldn't tell you. I imagine it would have a faster half life but it is probably one of those things you should research instead of asking some stranger on the internet.

The blend has become a more recent development as far as I'm aware. Think in terms of 20-30 years time.

I also imagine the experience would differ from plant content.
>>
>>139527204
I imagine synthetic Phenethylamine analogous aren't very fun. For the most part you should stick to DMT and LAD synthetics with the exception to Nbome and a few obvious others.
>>
>>139522633
his 2012 prediction had some faults in it,there is a newer one done by someone else with correct calculations now,8th July 2018.
>>
>>139519801

Your mind is an antenna, when you ingest these substances you're very literally tuning into different vibrational frequencies, like a radio. A lot of the time it's jumbled up, but there is truth to the things you experience, it's all very real.
>>
>>139527241
its years of therapy in a couple hours
>>
>>139529378
Also cant reply to the right person.
>>
>>139525393

It depends what you consider yourself, non existence doesn't exist, the ride never ends.
>>
>>139528812
>>139529378
I was just curious desu, not thinking of trying it any time soon. I've been off psychedelics for the past 5 years due to on/off depression and not wanting to do anything irresponsible, but I think I'll come back to them soon, probably try shrooms again seeing as that was the best trip I've had. Dabbled with synthetic chemicals in the past, but the fact that they're so powerful and unnatural tasting just puts me in a bad headspace to start off with desu, think it's better to ease myself back into it.
>>
>>139525393
Death doesn't exist, friend. You'll figure it out on your own eventually.
>>
>>139521715
"Mentally ill" is a cultural definition, the only real mental illnesses are physically verifiable in the brain, such as schizophrenia. The basis for something being a "mental illness" is literally if it causes you harm, and this is often in society, even if its because people dislike you for it. Funny you call him mentally ill which is a silly cultural label when he says to abandon your culture.
>>
>>139530477
This is perhaps the most mentally ill thing in this thread yet. Please get institutionalized.
>>
>>139530832
Are you mentally challenged?
>A mental disorder, also called a mental illness[2] or psychiatric disorder, is a behavioral or mental pattern that may cause suffering or a poor ability to function in life
If you talk to any psychiatrist the definition if something is a mental illness is if it causes you harm or society perceives it as causing you harm because you are abnormal. I.E., most mental illness that isn't schizophrenia, bipolar, etc, is nonsense pseudoscience. Calling McKenna mentally ill because he had weird ideas is pretty damn stupid. You're parading a dumb idea around and criticizing others for it, which is hypocrisy.
>>
>>139531266

I think you might have stumbled onto the wrong website. I think you are looking for reddit.com.
>>
>>139513564

mckenna intended to provoke thought/discussion more than anything. ive watched countless videos of him speaking, and it's clear that he is fully aware of how outlandish some of his ideas are. if you approach his writing/lectures with this in mind it is a lot more enjoyable
>>
>>139531497

>Hurr Reddit

Give up
>>
>>139531497
You're not even able to argue, are you? Someone with a diferent idea = mentally ill, anyone who tries to argue with me = reddit. Stop blaming random bullshit on your inability to think.
>>
>>139531900

You went to google and defined mental illness because your brain does oscillate at a level for you to understand oxymoron. I think I may have a point.
>>
>>139513564
Why did people take Jim Jones seriously?
>>
>>139522090
>He was a notorious pussyslayer and used his lecture tour as a means to bang sexy raving ecstasy chicks & hairy hippie girls throughout the 90s.
how do you know this?
>>
>>139513564
dude weed lmao
>>
>>139532243
Google somehow doesn't know the definition for mental illness? Its a pretty standard definition. How else do you think something is defined as an "illness" if it doesn't cause harm, or is not perceived to cause harm? Homosexuality was defined as a mental disorder with these definitions, because society disproved of it. Its the same with many other "mental illnesses". You're shortsighted and intellectually lazy, you want to dismiss someone you personally dislike with bullshit buzzwords with not even a single sentence of rationale. At least defend your silly position, pussy.
>>
>>139531726

I get how his ideas are meant to be very theoretical and abstract and I also get how there may be a place for him in cultural ethnobotany.

The title is more than anything off shooting to people who ignore his advice and go beyond far beyond just discussion into something very dangerous.

People who discuss psychedelics are very open which can be a good thing but it can also be a very bad thing.
>>
>>139532786
>Google somehow doesn't know the definition for mental illness?
Way to miss the point entirely. :>
>>
Why do people take anything seriously?
>>
>>139513564

great orator, based, funny, fucked up
>>
>>139519801
You sound like an utter fucking moron
>>
>>139533105
Are you going to defend your position or admit you were wrong? If you don't defend it, lets assume you realize it was a stupid thing to say. Attempting to be a smartass or whatever you think you're doing doesn't stop you from being incompetent and immature. Probably should attempt to fix that at some point.
>>
>>139519612

I have some, just waiting for the right time to take it.
>>
> REASON 1: dumb Americans, enslaved jew-enabling scum of this earth, have no father figures and no ability to think for themselves - pseudo intellectual faggots like (((McKenna))) come quite handy

> REASON 2: MKULTRA

That is all - bye.
>>
>>139533136
It gives meaning to life, something to do and something to build things around. If we didn't take things seriously its likely we'd still be living in ancient conditions. Its also boring to not take anything seriously, unless you're content with pure hedonism.
>>
>>139533677

I think you forgot to google oxymoron :>
>>
>>139533859

god bless
>>
>>139525393

Materialism is a nigger-tier Weltanschauung
>>
>>139527204
>What's the active chemical in changa?
sheboon fanny batter
>>
>>139533859
not many people know about Terence though.
>>
>>139532870
Worthless reply. What the fuck was the point in even typing?
>abstract
His ideas were far from abstract. He was a fan of Occam's razor and also a rationalist. Read more
>>
>>139533859
McKenna had a pretty heavy grasp on the history of philosophy, deep knowledge of literature, both of which he could explicate well, I fail to see how he was a pseudo intellectual. That sounds more like a regular intellectual. Most of the people I've met that knew of McKenna thought for themselves, it was people who thought it was uncool to believe in anything who were the ones who only thought what was approved by institutions. Guy also talked pretty often about the CIA being cunts. Materialism is the most narrow and easily brainwashed school of thinking.
>>139534362
He's one of those people who believes in his own intelligence but is thick as hell when you try to talk to him.
>>
>>139527241
>t. literal faggot who gets mids tier shrooms
>>
>>139533918
Ironic distance is cover for lack of actual thought.
>>
>>139530294
you know who god is :)
gj figuring it out.
>>
>>139530294
Why doesn't death exist?
>>
>>139534685

You don't understand when someone is hyperbolizing a word, you then define the word, then say something that I could have sworn I've heard in a copy pasta.
>>
>>139535296

>You'll figure it out on your own eventually or something.
>>
>>139535514
So now you're going to try to actually explain something that you mean? What were you hyperbolizing, and was there some kind of point to it? Is it possible to not reply like an ironic douchebag in order to not waste time?
>>
>>139534685

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>>139534167

C'mon now Nejc. McKenna is hamburger-tier figure among the boomer cancer cult known as (((new age))).
>>
>>139536098

If I say that I'm using the word "mentally ill" as an exaggeration would you kinda get it or do you really need to ascribe fowl motive on an internet forum that bad?
>>
>>139515738
The man could write, and speak, and he had a knack for coming up with pretty good dorm room poster quotes. He was an extremely well read guy with interests that were all over the place, beyond just psychedelics, and if you read his books he name drops all these ideas, thinkers, works of literature, etc that you are not liable to hear about anywhere else.

I used to think he was just some New Age-y dipshit who fried some critical neurons with various substances, but I had been misled by his look and the titles of his books.
>>
>>139536229
let me rephrase,not many young people know about him,if i would ask a random janez about him,he would be confused.
>>
>>139536536
You're using mentally ill exaggeratedly, and what does that mean, that you didn't mean it? Seems like you're just saying that so you can sidestep the need for an argument to defend something irrational you said.
>>139536229
Can you try to defend your statement of him being pseudo-intellectual?

>pseudointellectual (plural pseudointellectuals)
>A person who claims proficiency in scholarly or artistic activities while lacking in-depth knowledge or critical understanding.
Yet if you listen to his lectures you'll see how he actually has a deep knowledge of what he's saying, he doesn't claim something he doesn't know about. How many hours was his lecture on Finnegans Wake? You're claiming something false because you personally dislike him or people who like him. Its not really defensible which is why you're not replying intelligibly.
>>
>>139537617
"mentally ill" as in unorthodox. You unfortunately won't be able to find that definition on google.

>>139537617
>Seems like you're just saying that so you can sidestep the need for an argument to defend something irrational you said.

Does it not sound like you've came straight from r/atheism?
>>
>>139537617
>Can you try to defend your statement of him being pseudo-intellectual?

I don't debate with cult members. Also, I don't see why I would spend my time explaining how a CIA asset is not a fraudulent patsy huckster.

If he's intellectual to you - great. More power to you, Burger. Turn on tune in maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

>>139536908

I guess, although don't underestimate the power of MIND-BLOWN youtube degenerate vidya, Alan Watts, orchestral music, space.jpg - wowowowowow millions of views for the milleniall potheads all across the globe.
>>
>>139538400

You better watch out. He might pull out google!!!
>>
>>139513564
His talk unfolding the stone is really nice.
>>
>>139538287
You're changing what you meant because you were called out on it, and instead of saying you were incorrect and simply dislike the guy, or even defending your position, you make this shit up and change previous assertions, which is called backpedaling.

>>139538287
>Does it not sound like you've came straight from r/atheism?
Why would r/atheism defend Terence McKenna? It seems like you're trying another cop out by asserting that the use of reason on a subject is r eddit. I'll admit I never go to that place since I dislike censorship, so I don't know if I sound like them or not, but you can look at the top of this board and see the list of fallacies, so its pretty clear what this board is meant for pal.

>>139538400
An intellectual is someone with a breadth of knowledge on an academic subject, which McKenna had and this is verifiable within five minutes.

>Turn on tune in maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
McKenna specifically called out Leary for being superficial and too radical, I don't think you even have the knowledge on these subjects to argue about it. You do have a personal distaste which you mistake for a reasoned position for some reason though.

>>139538635
Oh shit, I used the most useful tool to look something up to find a generally agreed upon definition of a concept.
>>
>>139539512
>McKenna specifically called out Leary for being superficial and too radical, I don't think you even have the knowledge on these subjects to argue about it. You do have a personal distaste which you mistake for a reasoned position for some reason though.

No tolerance for CIA assets, sorry bud. McKenna would be an obscure YouTube larp faggot if he was present in todays era. He's a huckster. A sophist.

Lucky for him, he was around during ultra optimal propaganda time, 1 tv station 2 books on the shelves and 3 radio stations...and CIA couldn't stop rubbing their hands.
>>
>>139540187
Have you even listened to any McKenna talks? There was one where he spent an hour explaining how new age beliefs were taken over by the CIA to spread brainwashing, since psychedelics reformat you but don't put something in place, making you easy to format again how someone wants. He went into how most UFO people are crazy and brainwashed by the CIA, and you should examine how they behave to find out if they're halfway credible, and bitched about crystals and ET believers. But no, you simply have a belief and want to defend it irrationally even though the guy you think is CIA was probably even more anti-CIA than you. Its called being lazy and a little thick mate.
>>
>>139539512
>You're changing what you meant because you were called out on it, and instead of saying you were incorrect and simply dislike the guy, or even defending your position, you make this shit up and change previous assertions, which is called backpedaling.

No hes pretty "mentally ill".

>Why would r/atheism defend Terence McKenna

Probably not. It is a reflection of your poor character. You probably scored a 22 on your act your second time around so now you need to ascribe a motive which does not exist because with out it you run the risk of looking incredibly silly to yourself.

You are also autistic to the point where you can't understand figures of speech then willingly refuse to understand because you are as much a >intellectual as Terence is.
>>
>>139540683

I don't listen to MKULTRA assets, I do study them but not in a way that I gobble up every single thing they do.
>>
>>139540761
Seems like if you're being hyperbolic as you claim, you were extremely incompetent at it. You being bad at communicating something doesn't mean someone else is autistic. It still seems like you're backpedaling to me, sounds too convenient. Calling someone mentally ill but actually meaning they aren't isn't a figure of speech, its called obfuscation. Now you might try to explain what you mean sometimes. "reddit" "autistic" etc, aren't actual defenses of anything.
>>139540761
Why do you think being an intellectual is some huge thing? Its simply a knowledge of depth on a subject and a small degree of rational thinking ability. Someone two times dumber than McKenna could be an intellectual, and someone two times smarter could be a pseudo-intellectual, due to any number of personal factors.
>>
>>139540829
Ok. Perhaps next time you can use the rational and useful technique of researching something before making a judgment.
>>
>>139524890
I bet you don't even believe in UFOs faggot
>>
>>139541670
>It still seems like you're backpedaling to me, sounds too convenient

Sounds like you are making an imaginary argument within your own inner dialogue that doesn't actually exist to me, sounds too convenient.
>>
>>139541839

> rational and useful
> MKULTRA

you know the drill.
>>
>>139542043
So you just made a thread asking why people take McKenna seriously, which is negative, and to illustrate why you don't you said he's mentally ill, and people are supposed to believe you're being hyperbolic in an attempt to mean the opposite of that hyerpbole? As I said, if you were doing this, you are very bad at communication.
This and your other posts, such as this one:
>>139522510
>It is really hard to find good material on the subject because there's so much woo involved. Alan Watts is someone who isn't entirely crazy but that's about it.
Leads me to believe you are lying to me.
>>
File: 51654._UY475_SS475_.jpg (56KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
51654._UY475_SS475_.jpg
56KB, 475x475px
>>139519612
this book
>>
>>139542802

Would it take examples of people using the "phrase" mentally ill for you to get it?
>>
>>139542991
Is a good book.
>>
>>139543082
Might help,
>Wow, that wave was fuckin mentally ill bra.
>>
>>139517385
Yeah, 5+ grams in silent darkness is where It's at.
>>
>>139543429
https://twitter.com/thooorin/status/837391714151194626?lang=en

https://twitter.com/thooorin/status/790280221840777216?lang=en

https://twitter.com/rlewisreports/status/815201107932774401

https://twitter.com/RLewisReports/status/899334613864243200
>>
File: 1446168940973.jpg (55KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1446168940973.jpg
55KB, 500x321px
>>139542309
>MKULTRA
>CIA asset
>MKULTRA
>MKULTRA
>I don't listen to MKULTRA assets

These aren't magic words that give you credibility, you paranoid newfaggot.
>>
>>139543621
I still don't get it. McKenna was pretty socially leftist for the most part, and those examples are liberal people claiming something politically incorrect or offensive is mentally ill, but how does that relate you calling McKenna mentally ill, considering the evidence you have a negative view of him? Seems like if you're using a phrase that takes this much explication you should admit you could've communicated more effectively.
>>
>>139528487
This. Fast for at least 12 hours and do at least 7 grams in silent darkness.
>>
File: BIS25YTCQAAmhuh.jpg (31KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BIS25YTCQAAmhuh.jpg
31KB, 600x900px
He seems to believe what I thought were different faucets of myself

as having been worker elves

yet he sounds like an elf on helium

when I experienced it, I lost my grip on reality quite literally. as if on that gravitation ride and falling inwardly off of the wall. multidimensional strip of film

even heard "you could learn so much from this" and responded "yeah, but I'm tripping."
>>
>>139544181

Political affiliation has nothing to do with considering both of the individuals are also left leaning.

I'm sorry I should have been more direct!!! I had no idea someone might misunderstand it then accuse me of lying when I explain it to them 3 times and they refuse to understand it!!!!
>>
>>139543781

Yo bro weed bro ayo hexa dimensional geometric pathways.

Fuck you, druggie. I hope you OD and your neurons irreversibly fry on some home made meth you take to get WOKE, potato degenerate.
>>
>>139513564
Doctor Jacoby?
>>
>>139543781

Never done a drug other than alcohol you colossal retard. Just neck yourself already and stop shitting up this board with your cancer.
>>
>>139544865
>Doctor Jacoby

That character is based on McKenna funny enough.
>>
>>139544996

Shit, not for you, >>139544181 Fuck this broken mouse.

For >>139544709
>>
>>139544996
>Never done a drug

You just stumbled on McKenna for research purposes and you listen to him because he has unprecedented, original, never-heard-before outlook on life and (((spirituality))).

Hahahhaha. Enjoy your MK, gay.
>>
>>139544619
Still haven't the slightest. Does anyone else know what the hell he's talking about?

>Hey guys, why do people like bread? Bread is retarded.
>No it isn't.
>Actually by retarded I mean not retarded.
>But you implied you dislike him.
>... haha use google again

Can you just tell me what the hell you meant? Is McKenna not mentally ill or mentally ill, as in mentally fucking ill? I'm not even arguing anymore, I'm just trying to establish if we even have a single shared frame of reference.
>>
>>139521751
His stoned ape theory makes absolutely zero sense. A group of tripping humans would be killed by their sober enemies not to mention dangerous animals. They also wouldn't make very effective hunters nor would they figure out how to cultivate the land to grow food. The pseudoscientific aquatic ape theory makes more logical sense than his stoned ape theory. It has zero academic merit and only a jew would consider it scholarly because the jew has fucked over academia
>>
>>139545183
Mckenna might not be literally mentally ill but you might actually be.
>>
>>139545170

Listen to a lot of EDM and chillwave on autoplay during workouts. Some of them have whole Terence and Alan Watts lectures mixed in. People like you are worse than potheads.
>>
>>139545346
One of the few that might make sense is spores not being native to the earth which is unlikely by technically possible under very rare circumstances.
>>
>>139545560
Ok, so he is not literally mentally ill, thanks for clarifying. Now lets measure the response of others then. Can you show me a single post that had the same idea you did, whatever the hell it was? Doesn't seem like it, people either took you to be negative to McKenna or agreed with the negativity. Are you frustrated at being a poor communicator or what? Why obfuscate shit?

Joe Blow is mentally ill.

If I don't literally mean that, what do I fucking mean?
>>
>>139544865
Cannot unsee now
>>
>>139513564
If there is such a thing as having to much awesome, he done it.

I use to listen to a lot of his stuff in my earlier days, was a great thinker imo.
>>
>>139519665
>>139519665
It did Anon, the timewave hit the singularity in 2012 and we are living in the post historic period (age of internet connected everything)
>>
>>139545892

I'm now responsible for each person in this thread and their way of interpreting it. The only one that seems to care about me calling him mentally ill is you.
>>
>>139519665
He predicted a change in consciousness
>>
>>139546358
I don't even think you know what you meant when you called him mentally ill. Seems as arbitrary as my calling my pencil arrogant.
>>
>>139531497
Haha you really refuted his argument by telling him to go to reddit nice one, bravo
>>
>>139519612
its not needed look deeper inside your self whilst looking out, get the fuck away from this place it will brain damage you, too many fucking moron wannabe Nazis, who completely lost the plot about 5 year ago and now see this as their victory.
>>
>>139546613

I think you are starting to get it.
>>
>>139546358
Wow dude you are straight up retarded. Kys.
>>
>>139524643
McKenna died in like '98
>>
It's possible to be completely brilliant without being correct about anything at all in any way. This is the sort of paradox that short circuits autists.
>>
>>139547001
Ok, I'm going to have to invent reanimation and wake up Ludwig fucking Wittgenstein to know what the hell you mean.
>>
Hes a brilliant mind, and one of the people I would have absolutely loved to have met while he was alive. Not everything he said was correct, not everything had to be. Ultimately, he wanted people to be self-sufficient thinkers and take responsibility for their own "enlightenment".

Also, materialist reductionism a shit
>>
>>139546495
>novelty theory
I'm surprised no one ever called out Terence McKenna for his bullshit. I love the guy and he's comfy as fuck to listen to, but he's so full of shit.
>>
>>139547568
Stop feeding him.
>>
File: 1462924308797.jpg (336KB, 1000x1247px) Image search: [Google]
1462924308797.jpg
336KB, 1000x1247px
>>139513564
People should be aware of the fact that, according to his brother, Terrence McKenna stopped consuming all sorts of psychedelics in the late 80's, while he kept going around campus advicing kids to take HIGH DOSES of psychedelics.

The only drug Terrence McKenna consumed in the last 25 years of his life was Hashish.
>>
>>139547651
I think his main issue was a kind of intellectual displacement. If you realign some of his theories they make more sense. It seems like his consciousness was out of whack, which meant he saw differently, but when transported back to normal systems and definitions it appeared slightly off, as if it was mapping something else, but something equally as complex.
>>139547692
Why? I want to see what he comes up with.
>>
He was a cunning linguist.
>>
File: IMG_3781.jpg (500KB, 1024x657px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3781.jpg
500KB, 1024x657px
>>139545346
Not necessarily -- one of the effects of mushrooms is enhancing the ability to see visually. That could keep those whom consumed it away from danger for the spike in vision enhancement. It also could enhance intelligence thus allowing those who injest it to be better prepared to aviod being killed by predators.
>>
>>139546815
The more you do 5-meo-dmt, the more you will find out WE ARE ALL ONE. And niggers are niggers.
>>
>>139548063
>If you realign some of his theories they make more sense.

Excuse me?
>>
>>139548354
I aint no nigger
>>
File: 1486346791221.jpg (597KB, 1600x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1486346791221.jpg
597KB, 1600x1016px
>>139513564
recently read "true hallucinations"and recommend you look into "the experiment at la chorrera" preformed by him and his brother while in the amazon. Not sure how much of what occurred in that book was real, but i believe he was telling his most genuine account of the story, and either way it presents at least an interesting thought experiment if not a reality-shattering peek into another dimension.
>>
>>139548063
Can you give examples of his "misaligned" theories and what they are if you "align" them? He was an interesting guy with a lot of knowledge but his theories are all really whacky.
>>
>>139548366
Its a phrase
>>
>>139545346
You clearly don't understand the theory, or the pace of history. The idea isn't that people were going around getting super stoned all the time, making mad brains and being better than everyone else - it's that early humans used psilocybin mushrooms in very low doses, increasing visual acuity temporarily, leading to (among other things) increased accuracy in hunting, and thus more downtime. Additionally, he believed that humans would engage in actual trips as part of religious ceremonies, at some astronomical intervals.

I don't see why other tribes would be leading mass attacks against people on (presumably) holy days that those other tribes also celebrated or observed (and are also probably tripping - straight edge faggotry is more modern than survival)...and certainly these people aren't going out hunting mamoths while they're on an eigth of shrooms.

Yes, I promise you that if you are a prehistoric person and have ever done mushrooms, and liked mushrooms, that you would make the figuring out of how to reliably access them. I'm not going to say that humans developed what we call sentience BECAUSE of psychedelics, but to pretend that the ideas he presented are completely nonsensical is also very stupid.
>>
>>139548466
Heavy psychedelic use is needed for the discovery that some multi-dimensional celestial bodies (us) are less than others.
>>
>>139548605
>Ironic distance is cover for lack of actual thought.
I'm edgy or something.
>>
>>139513564
He was an interesting person who had interesting things to say. I used to listen to a lot of his talks in high school and it helped me keep things in perspective, I guess. McKenna also acted as a jumping off point towards other people with other very interesting ideas (including authors like Joyce and Nabokov).

As for people blindly believing what he says... that's incredibly stupid. He spoke at great length about empowering individual belief and experience. He spoke out against ideology and disliked the fact that he had a growing cult of personality. If anything he wanted people to find their own understanding rather than consult some ideologue for the universal truth of existence.

It's a bit of a self-defeating message since people would start consulting McKenna for their own understanding rather than themselves... Regardless, it's quite easy to bash his theories as pseudo-scientific bullshit but it's not as though this detracts from his main message in any way - take from him what you will (same as with any intellectual or person at his level of thought).
>>
>>139548689
*more modern than religion
>>
>>139548689
>primitive humans may have ingested mushrooms
>just ignore the part where he says it helped them evolve and it makes sense
Well jeez, what a revolutionary theory.
>>
>>139519411
Please share.
>>
>>139547568

I don't think the two of you hold views different enough to warrant this kind of aggression. You seem to feel the need to be heavily defensive in this thread. Is this compatible the teachings of balance you have learned from McKenna and Watts?
>>
>>139549339
>aggression
>>
>>139548556
I don't know what they are if you align them, like I said its out of whack, but it isn't nonsense because its complexity is too great. Nonsense breaks down because it can't be as complex as sense, you realize all the frames of reference and syntax fall away, its meaninglessness for the sake of it. I think novelty theory, for example, does explain historical phenomena, or rather clusters of historical phenomena occurring, for some reason, but then breaks down eventually, and of course you can already explain them accurately with normal means, for example previous events, climate, geography, etc. Seems to be pointing to being able to map things by measuring completely different things, for example the love and hate within a relationship can also somehow be seen when examining patterns on a lake, bu suddenly it stops and corrects itself, you can't see it anymore. Its a momentary thing, hence his obsession with "miracles". Could be complete coincidence, but it exists. If you believe in the hyperspace thing, its like trying to show a sandcastle to someone in the returning tide.
>>
>>139517385
Except the last time he took mushrooms was in 1988, after he had a very bad trip. Seems a bit disingenuous for him to continue to tell others to take 5 dried grams when he himself had become terrified of doing so.

Many years ago, I was a huge fan of his, and was obsessed with "psychedelics." I thought they were the solution to all of humanity's problems. In retrospect, while they can provide some interesting and inspiring experiences, I tend to largely agree with Jan Irvin (as annoying as he is) that they are essentially "suggestogens."

They are not a solution to anything, or a conduit for any kind of ultimate wisdom. Just as they may provide insights to some, they may lead others astray (such as the tripped-out boomers who bought into the MKULTRA 60s counterculture psyop, and then allowed their societies to be destroyed).
>>
This thread is the proof that most of /pol/ isn't mature enough to discuss this kind of topics yet, although soon.

And yeah, im really smart, check my last 3 digits for my IQ.
>>
>>139549724
Are you aware that Terrence McKenna did not consume the substances he advocated?
>>
File: 1503868398204.png (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1503868398204.png
48KB, 800x800px
>>139540187
>Leary
>not CIA
>>
>>139549232
If you were even vaguely acquainted with McKenna, you would know that he also criticized the scientific worldview for its appropriation of common words (such as "evolution") and the scientific definitions being assumed in all cases, thus making any use of the preexisting definition seem less credible. He was not talking about Genetic mutation, but rather philosophical, metaphysical, artistic, and cultural evolution. The Evolution of Humanity, and of Civilization itself.

His books and audio lectures are freely available online. Maybe you should look into them.
>>
>>139549908
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HAHA

He took DMT over 50 times in his lifetime lmfao
>>
>Terence McKenna Had a Bad Trip in the Late 80’s and Never Took Mushrooms Again

http://disinfo.com/2015/09/terence-mckenna-bad-trip-late-80s-never-took-mushrooms/
>>
>>139549339
I didn't learn that from them. There's no reason to be balanced if the world is unbalanced. Also, I am having a little fun.

>>139547861
Source? I can equally claim that I am a fucking pegasus
>>
>>139550035
b-b-but he was a JEW...! ( ( (! ! ! ! ) ) )
>>
>>139550048
>All I can say is wow, and of course the way I stumbled upon this fun little nugget of information had to do with listening to synchronous inner wisdom. So a couple weeks back I had a dream where it felt like I was watching a film about Terence’s final days.............
>Posted by: Thad McKraken

The fuck is this crap you monkey HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>139550048
>http://disinfo.com/2015/09/terence-mckenna-bad-trip-late-80s-never-took-mushrooms/
>the way I stumbled upon this fun little nugget of information had to do with listening to synchronous inner wisdom. So a couple weeks back I had a dream where it felt like I was watching a film about Terence’s final days.
What a trustworthy source of information. Fuck off CIA
>>
>>139550035
>>139550133
>>139550216

https://www.wired.com/2000/05/mckenna/

http://www.mckennite.com/articles/badtrip

https://www.erowid.org/columns/teafaerie/2012/10/30/the-terence-mckenna-thing/

http://disinfo.com/2015/09/terence-mckenna-bad-trip-late-80s-never-took-mushrooms/

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=363740

https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/comments/3m4upt/did_you_know_terence_mckenna_was_too_scared_to/

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/636777-Terence-McKenna-Didn-t-use-mushrooms-from-88-until-he-died?s=504a00376f6f1e9ebdf4ec0a6d958d76
>>
File: I see....webm (3MB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
I see....webm
3MB, 960x404px
>>139550133
>>
>>139550048
So the source for this is that his brother heard it from Terrence's Ex-wife.

k.
>>
>>139522188
or you could not be a pussy and start with dmt. that's what i did and i'm still here
>>
>>139513564
FBI asked us to so we do it
>>
>>139550466
The source is ultimately from his ex-wife saying it to his brother, and little else, after his death.
>>
>>139550627
I bet you also believe Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas really happened.
>>
>>139515738
I concur
>>
>>139550466
>>139550466
>Terence's library destroyed in fire
>Internet
>People really interested in his findings once again

I wonder what's your job here "You know...",
>>
>>139550849
I wonder if his wife being fond of tall tales might've contributed to their divorce? It used to be standard practice to not believe on word what an ex-partner says about another, especially if its negative.
>>
>>139551094
>>139550794
>>139550621
>>139551064
I'm loving the denial.

As a true lover of psychedelics you should know by now McKenna was a fraud. He talked about tripping the same way a virgin kid talks about anal. He's lying. You can see it in his eyes.
>>
>>139551094

Hey, we seem to be in synchronicity thogether atm lmfao, look our posts
>>
>>139551410
cringe, just fuck off retard, you got blown thE FUCK OFF
>>
>>139551410
Seeing something in someone's eyes isn't an argument, nerd. I saw a black penis in your eye, doesn't mean anything
>>
>>139545848
There was a disney documentary that was going to acknowledge this (fungus being extra terrestrial in origin) in the 90s. The story is that it lost Air Force support in late stages which killed the project.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCUmX8Lw5to
>>
>Terence's pivotal existential crisis came abruptly. Sometime in '88 or '89. Everything that happened after that event was fallout. I don't know exactly when it happened and I don't know exactly what happened. I am piecing it together from what Kat has told me and she has volunteered few details and I am reluctant to probe. It happened when they were living for a time on the Big Island and it was a mushroom trip they shared that was absolutely terrifying for Terence. It was terrifying because, for some reason, the mushroom turned on him. The gentle, wise, humorous mushroom spirit that he had come to know and trust as an ally and teacher ripped back the facade to reveal an abyss of utter existential despair. Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, "a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning." And this induced panic in Terence and probably, I speculate, a feeling that he was going mad. He couldn't deal with it. Kat's efforts to reassure him were fruitless. After that experience, he never again took mushrooms and he took other psychedelics such as DMT and Ayahuasca only on rare occasions and with great reluctance.
>>
File: garlic bread.jpg (104KB, 976x1218px) Image search: [Google]
garlic bread.jpg
104KB, 976x1218px
>>139513564

The only types of people who take him seriously are:

> A) Dumb hippies. The poncho-wearing, LSD gobbling sort you'd get at psytrance festivals.

or

> B) Other really dumb people, the sort who follow pages like Mind Unleashed or Spirit Science on Faceberg*. These aren't necessarily hippies, but just other people who just aren't very inquisitive people. You know like when you read something and you think "I like/dislike/agree/disagree with this piece of information, but is it correct", so you check it? These people don't. They believe anything that can be put on to a .jpg with a magical looking background, simple because it sounds nice.

*Task for you /pol/: go on the Mind Unleashed and Spirit Science pages on Faceberg and take note of which of your friends follows them. It's the really dumb ones, isn't it?
>>
File: a bo kdo hrenouko.jpg (75KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
a bo kdo hrenouko.jpg
75KB, 678x1024px
>>139551651
>is said to fuck off
>he continue, more awkwardly like a little cuck that he is
>>
>>139551655
They're definitely cult-like in their attitude. Watch how they're reacting to me telling them McKenna didn't use drugs for the last 12 years of his life. I never thought they'd be this blind. Always assumed they'd be the more inquisitive type that appreciates evidence and new perspectives. The downright dismissal is not just pathetic, it's sad.
>>
>>139551939
They're too devoted to it to change, it really is sad. I was into the whole DMT spiritualism McKenna type shit but I grew out of it after high school.
>>
http://realitysandwich.com/51650/terence_dmt/
>>
>>139551939
We've all heard it before dumbass, that shit came out years ago. Its based on his ex-wife's testimony to his brother. That's it. And you accuse others of not appreciating evidence? Your "evidence" is flimsy at best. His brother's book is pretty envious, and he claims he invented all of McKennas best ideas.
>>
>>139551939
>>139552472
>>139552555
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>139536791
which book would you rec?
>>
>>139552472

Same, but even when I was a "Smoke weed erryday", dreadlocked hippie, constantly on the hunt for LSD, shrooms, and DMT, I never believed McKenna.

I heard his theories on Monkeys taking shrooms which made them super smart and thought "Well this all sounds rather fantastical. Where's the proof?".

The people who believe him, ultimately, just want the universe to be harmonious, magical, and that all knowledge is just a sage phrase away. For all their talk of "open mindedness" they're often the ones who has their heads in the sand.
>>
>>139553987

>constantly on the hunt for LSD, shrooms, and DMT (it's actually a lie and he is just another DUMB shill in this thread)
>doesn't understand Terence
>Thinks he convinced anyone

Now i trust Terence even more, because of the amount of shills that this thread attracted and I've never even tried psychedelics.
>>
>>139551533
Holy shit, are you 15? You're even more ignorant than I thought. The fact that you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about makes it even sweeter. Nothing is funnier than a dumb motherfucker who thinks he's smart. Please proceed.
>>
>>139556507
The projections from you are staggering, shill
>>
>>139556507
What the fuck are you on about? The evidence comes from testimony from his ex wife, from his brothers book, published after his death. You link 20 articles all saying the same shit. You're relying on terrible information, it wouldn't be admissible in any court save Uganda.
>>
>>139554603

Nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
File: 396397-vortex.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
396397-vortex.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>139551939
Alan Watts in the 60's said something to the extent of "when you get the message, hang up the phone," regarding psychedelics (specifically LSD and mushrooms). Even after stopping his own usage, he still spoke pretty highly of them, saying they're one way to help one reach enlightenment. Why couldn't the same be true of McKenna?
>>
>>139560254
Because he's a shill
>>139560053
Dead meme like your brains. Please reread your profoundly stupid post >>139553987 and lurk more
>>
>>139513564
He's kind of fun to listen to
>>
>>139513564
>Why do people take Terence Mckenna seriously?
Because the Machine Elves spoke to me first.
>>
>>139549323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrWfbYFtNk
>>
File: giphy.gif (314KB, 309x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
314KB, 309x360px
Tfw it's terence and his shrooms wot turned you ethnonationalist

Dont think hed approve tnh senpai
>>
>>139519665
M8 you think Donald Trump would get elected potus? After Hilary Clinton denounced sad frog as an antisemitic h8 symbol? Leicester won the fucking epl. This aint reality blud
>>
>>139558862
>>139556659
Sad...
>>
File: 1503519083092.jpg (26KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1503519083092.jpg
26KB, 300x295px
>>139563984
Saving the thread last sec so everyone can see your obvious shilling against Terence. Keep up the good work.
>>
File: 1479152513059.jpg (413KB, 961x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479152513059.jpg
413KB, 961x1200px
>>139560254
Alan Watts didn't pretend to take drugs after he stopped taking them like McKenna did. I know Watts messed with psychedelics but booze and young girls were more his thing: he was a bon vivant and open about it. McKenna was a fraud, an actor playing a character.
>>
>>139564267
>thread on page 2
>last sec

At some residual level you must realize how stupid you are. You have to.
>>
>>139564301
Pro tip for you, dumb shill: Don't be way too openly against someone and calling him names, spamming for something that's completely irrelevant, such as "uh-h Terence stopped taking drugs after some time" ???? right? Even if it's real, (which most likely isn't) WHATS YOUR POINT.
Please hire me to shill and not this weirdos.
>>
>>139564447
What a liar, I was monitoring this thread the whole time, just because of you.
>page 10
>refresh
>page 1
>nigger portugal shill is back spamming

YOU CAN'T LIE TO ME LMFAOOOOOOO DEAL WITH IT LOW IQ NIGGER
>>
>>139564873
>Pro tip for you, dumb shill
You know pro tips are delivered by professionals, right? You're basically admitting to be a shill. The fact that I have to explain this to you is laughable, the fact that you couldn't grasp it on your own is sad... Anyways, no need to read the rest of your post.
>>
File: 1499934312952.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1499934312952.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>139565145
>What a liar, I was monitoring this thread the whole time, just because of you.
You have no idea how happy you just made me. I've been told people this autistic exist, but it's totally different experiencing it first hand.
>>
>>139565766
>You know pro tips are delivered by professionals, right? You're basically admitting to be a shill.
I will take that as a compliment;) and your surrender.

>>139565921
Oh you don't want to acknowledge that i caught you lying;)
>You have no idea how happy you just made me. I've been told people this autistic exist, but it's totally different experiencing it first hand.
You see, dumb shill, this is where I was lying to get a reaction like this from you. Just amazing.

I am convinced that you're done now and it was actually quite easy to deal with you, although, your English is better.
>>
Terence Mckenna is fun to listen to. Alan Watts is better because his lectures have actually some substance to them
>>
>>139566654
>I am only smart enough for Alan
Basically

Not trying to hate tho
>>
>>139528327
Ayahuasca is MUCH longer lasting than smokable DMT. It's also kind of a different animal, but a big chunk of that might be woo from people who take it in a traditional setting (the Amazonian jungle in Peru).
>>
>>139566849

I think Alan Watts is different than McKenna tho. He doesn't ramble about mushrooms for 2 hours. Both are actually great speakers and very entertaining.
>>
>>139567337
<3
>>
File: b29.jpg (78KB, 680x1058px) Image search: [Google]
b29.jpg
78KB, 680x1058px
>>139566645
>this is where I was lying to get a reaction like this from you
>>
File: .-,.png (789KB, 677x600px) Image search: [Google]
.-,.png
789KB, 677x600px
>>139567663
It's obvious that i didn't monitor this thread JUST because of you (my lie/bait/which you implied). I just noticed your lie, easy. :)
>>
>>139522188
"4aco" as in 4-aco-dmt is not a prodrug of dmt, it's a prodrug of psilocin and virtually identical (really all the 'classical' psychedelics are, as subjects have been unable to distinguish them apart in blind tests) to the experience of taking magic mushrooms
>>
>>139519801
>brain being broken

yeah, no

it's just a different state of consciousness than most people would experience otherwise

your brain is constantly "on drugs", ie. you have endogenous chemicals/drugs mediating your "sober" perception/consciousness/reality

psychedelics have chemical structures similar to these endogenous chemicals and bind to the receptors
>>
File: mckenna.png (300KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
mckenna.png
300KB, 627x626px
>>139513564
prolly casuistry.

more likely, target market of mkultra cia zizzolm. pic related.
>>
>>139569377
Could be, however, it's not everything about him. He basically said that DMT is the final redpill. So let's refute him or he's right.;)
>>
File: Link's_Awakening_DX.jpg (143KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Link's_Awakening_DX.jpg
143KB, 640x480px
>>139513564
It's the normies version of a red pill.

They believe taking drugs and listening to drug guru's will make them learn the truth about reality.

In actuality, it's a hyper blue pill that makes them believe in a false reality.

They believe the drugs will connect them to spirits or higher beings or different planes of existence - which is true, it will do those things.

But they see those spirits as good - when in reality the bible tells us they're satan and his demons.
>>
>>139569960
This thread is not for you, you live in your little bubble, please lurk more and go away.;(
>>
>>139570178
Don't tell me to lurk more you little faggot.

I've been lurking half of your life.
>>
File: 1503072531673.png (321KB, 634x357px) Image search: [Google]
1503072531673.png
321KB, 634x357px
>>139570286
>I've been lurking half of your life.
Yet you're stuck on bible level? Which brings me to.. LURK MOAR
>>
>>139570615
And you're still stuck on sucking homo penis.
>>
>>139570704
I mean I don't have anything against bible it's just that it's time to.. LURKK MOARRR and to open your openness
>>
>>139549723
Completely agree and can relate
>>
File: 1491625354939.gif (1MB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1491625354939.gif
1MB, 160x120px
>>139571096
Yeah, that's about the response I expected from a fat, yogurt eating, EASTERN European.
>>
>>139531497
Sort yourself out man, I mean really, get your fucking life in order.
>>
File: DOOOM.jpg (6KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
DOOOM.jpg
6KB, 194x260px
>>139561143
>tfw taking 5 grams in silent darkness for the first time
>>
File: minders.jpg (91KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
minders.jpg
91KB, 400x588px
>>139513564
He was a great speaker and storyteller who had a cult-like appeal to a particular audience.
After he got popular he went off the rails a bit with his time-wave zero stuff, but what he had to say about psychedelic experiences was thoughtful and informative. Not many intelligent people are willing to speak at length on the subject for fear of ridicule.
Plus, that speaking cadence! You could hear a delightful mischief in his voice, of the same kind you can hear in Alan Watts'
>>
>>139513564
He's a genuine teacher who has learned what he teaches through personal experience and he encourages you to do the same. I love pulling up his talks when I'm on long hikes or making a campsite. Nothing like his elfish voice taking away the come up jitters. And now that he's gone, it's like he's always with us.

Does it make you mad anon, that someone is made happy by a hippy? Does it eat you up inside that someone wants to be whole and intact and connected to nature in ways you think impossible?

Culture is not your friend.
>>
>>139571963
>he went off the rails a bit with his time-wave zero stuff
So, you're implying you understand it?

God I hate arrogant burgers, many such cases!
>>
File: spiral.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
spiral.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>139542991
A great read.
What freaked me out before I even opened it was that I had been in that exact same tunnel of eyes in a dream. It wasn't malevolent; it was like they were watching and cheering me on.
>>
File: 1429318556258.png (586KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1429318556258.png
586KB, 900x900px
>>139513564
>>139572023
>>139572023
>>139572023

HE WAS THE CULTURE ENGINEER

HE FUCKING WORKED FOR THE CIA

WAKE THE FUCK UP
>>
>>139532393
I had many mutual friends with Terry in the 90's. Can confirm based on word of mouth. Was no secret either.
>>
File: 1503022785079.jpg (124KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
1503022785079.jpg
124KB, 465x750px
>>139572352
I WORK FOR CIA TOO

DOES THAT MAKES ME A BAD GUY
>>
>>139572171
It didn't prove or predict anything, did it?
Last I recall he was fudging the dates to make it fit with the 2012 stuff.
>>
>>139572171
It was never substantiated, was it?
Last I heard he was fudging the numbers to make the wave fit with the 2012 happening.
>>
>>139572352
>>139572515
You're not allowed to bring friends
>>
>>139569854
Indeed. Nothing is black & white.

But we must remember, dissolving boundaries in the mind is dangerous in a lost, degenerate society. Certainly have value, but only for the ones that are called to explore inner worlds.

The lesson from the 1960s, is there is no shortcuts to enlightenment.
>>
>>139513564

is this the mother fucka that tried to say plants had consciousness?

lmao stopped caring about this hippie leftist as soon as I heard that shit
>>
File: 1503899721570.jpg (103KB, 800x639px) Image search: [Google]
1503899721570.jpg
103KB, 800x639px
>>139572871
Well, explain it for us.
>>
>>139572518
>>139572665
You don't understand it and don't worry about it because it's a very complex idea. Terence studied whole human history and found a link with I Ching.
>>139572674
Very good.
>>139572802
lmao
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>139573484
> It's real
> you don't understand
> it's a very complex idea
> no, I can't explain it

Who doesn't understand it?
>>
>>139573907
omfg i replied to your
>he went off the rails a bit with his time-wave zero stuff
im not here to explain to you something that only he completely understands as it is occult object, lurk more instead
>post Einstein
TOP ZOZZLE
>>
>>139573907
>>139574197
The point is, that there is no fixed date.
>>
File: Herman Rosenblat.jpg (26KB, 474x249px) Image search: [Google]
Herman Rosenblat.jpg
26KB, 474x249px
>>139574197
> It was real...
> in my imagination.
>>
>>139574419
Holy shit you're bluepilled as fuck and want me to explain to you something that requires lifetime of studying.
>>
>>139572802
I bet this cunt didn't even try mushrooms.
>>
>>139550466
There was a podcast on the psychedlic salon about this that was very good but it was taken down. You don't happen to have it?
>>
File: superlative-laugh.jpg (195KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
superlative-laugh.jpg
195KB, 517x768px
>>139574664
> i hab studeed for LIFETIME to unnerstand grate sekrit
Oh, and what have you learned?
> ...
>>
>>139551655
>being this mad

Get back to me when you aren't an abhorrent manbaby who doesn't have an argument.
>>
>>139524643

fuck Rick Doblin. I've met him in person numerous times. He basically ignores people who are interested in psychedelic science and focuses in on the groupies, then he brags about how much MDMA he has and gets his fanboys to dose people with something that may or may not be MDMA. His organization seems totally uninterested in doing serious pharmacological research into psychedelic drugs' mechanisms. All they want to do is push MDMA-assisted psychotherapy, mostly for political reasons.
>>
>>139519801
>t. person who has not done shrooms or dmt
every. fucking. time.
>>
>>139572352
Actually you're the sleeper.

If you listened to the speech you'd instantly understand that what you're referencing out of context makes you a shill and a misinformer and someone who is frightened by Terence's wisdom.
>>
>>139574889
I don't think i want to argue with you anymore just because you're putting words into my mouth. And i don't want to spend time unknotting your posts.

Not fun
>>
>>139550849
If you're a libertarian you'll like Terence.

If you hate freedoms you'll hate him as well.
>>
>>139528543
you and your shitpost are utterly disgusting
>>
>>139525743
I met Shulgin too, but I wasn't a close friend. Shulgin passed away a few years ago FYI. Oh no, I like the mutual aquaintence, I'm just saying he's kinda a womanizer and other people don't like him either, he makes enemies with normies pretty easily.

>>139526232
I've met Rick Doblin and generally I liked him but if you're anti-Jew or anti-Globalist, MAPS may not be for you. I mean, its kinda... I dunno, the story behind MAPS is actually quite interesting. Rick Doblin was a big MDMA drug dealer and a big part of the reason it got banned by the DEA. Before it became a street drug, psychiatrists and chemists were using MDMA for therapy, anxiety, etc. I like Rick but he is kind of a divisive figure and people have called him a fed, illuminati, all sorts of things. For the record I don't believe any of that, but yes he was a big part of the reason MDMA caught on and then got scheduled by the DEA/FDA.

Uhm I've also met Earth and Fire, the husband and wife team that started Erowid.

>>139547131
yea I never knew McKenna, my friend is probably a little bit younger than him, but not by much. Sadly I don't know any McKenna stories. My friend probably would have said he was kind of full of shit somewhat and did much of it for the groupies.
>>
>>139519801
>tfw you realize your kike religion was started because of a single consciousness expanding trip.
>>
File: sad-vag.png (232KB, 828x616px) Image search: [Google]
sad-vag.png
232KB, 828x616px
>>139575276
>>
>>139575380
Don't worry about Portugal, I ended him, exposed his lies and him as a shill ez.

Shills in Terence thread? Who would've thought, right?

Really activated my almonds.
>>
File: 1288320741716.jpg (40KB, 371x372px) Image search: [Google]
1288320741716.jpg
40KB, 371x372px
>>139521715
He was more lucid and charismatic then you'll ever be. Even now he could command a crowd, you just piss and moan on a masturbation forum for ladyboys.
>>
>>139546309

I've been so tempted to buy into this argument for a while now. At least for me personally, 2012 was an inflexion point. Everything has seemed different since then.
>>
>>139513564

Drink Ayahuasca at least twice before you criticize Terence. Two whole drinks.
>>
>>139575642
Well done Slov, wish we could go mushroom picking together.
>>
>>139515952

CIA literally has a cancer gun. The stuff TM talks about is exactly the sort of knowledge Deep State doesn't want loose. Do the math.
>>
>>139519801

DMT doesn't make you trip, so much as make you connected to a plane phantasmal.
>>
Someone redpill me on Timewave, was he off in its prediction by a couple years? The only thing that happened on the 21st, 2012 was Gangam style got the first billion views on youtube; was this the expansion of consciousness he predicted? Or is something else going to happen later because he was off a few years?
>>
File: afterlife pepe improved.png (256KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife pepe improved.png
256KB, 502x502px
>>139575757
>>139575888

Kek loves me and I love Kek.
>>
>>139575579
Sorry I got lil mad because you wrote this
After he got popular he went off the rails a bit with his time-wave zero stuff
You know.. if you don't understand it, that doesn't mean he went off the rails but I reread your first post now and you're actually very cool.
>>139575836
<3
>>
>>139575449

I find Rick to be sketch. I find his raves sketch, I find his conferences sketch, and I find the "MDMA" his groupies give out sketch too.

When I last talked to him, I was with a friend who's doing groundbreaking pharmacological research into psychedelics, dosing cloned neurons and studying the conformational changes induced in serotonin receptors by different psychs. And he basically said MAPS wasn't interested in any of that sort of deep science. They just want to push MDMA-assisted psychotherapy. He kept talking about MDMA for alcoholism, which I doubt would even work, and he didn't seem to care about pharmacology, chemistry, molecular bio, or any of the important psychedelic science people are doing these days.
>>
File: 1502715873723.png (507KB, 588x617px) Image search: [Google]
1502715873723.png
507KB, 588x617px
>>139576058
July 8 2018 is the new date.

Either he was off or it's about cycles, so there's no fixed date. And yeah it's all about expansion of consciousness.

>>139575888
>>139576122
Very good.
>>
File: 1485196307834.jpg (1MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1485196307834.jpg
1MB, 1600x1600px
>>139576152
>After he got popular he went off the rails a bit with his time-wave zero stuff

Oh you mean he was having fun? What's wrong with that? Let a man be eccentric. There's freedom in eccentricity.

Like this rave he narrated live. Super fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86NhPx0hZQ

The gnomes want you to know that you shouldn't take "real" life so seriously, because its not haha.

Everything you know as true is more mindboggling non-sense than you currently realize.

Talk a little tumble down the rabbit hole and enjoy wonderland for a while because its a whole lot more real than you realize my friend.

3rd dimensional materiality. Your perspective of mortality is illusory and a limiting factor. You have eternity to figure it out so have fun.
>>
>>139576152
All I can say is from what I understand: that it didn't predict anything accurately.
How else can you measure something like that?
>>
>>139513564
Why must everyone be taken "seriously"? McKenna's lectures are really amusing, and ever one in a while he presents an idea of concept that youve certainly never thought of before and it really makes you ponder.
>>
File: big if true.png (21KB, 935x530px) Image search: [Google]
big if true.png
21KB, 935x530px
>>139576587
> >>139576540

>>139576573
Very good.
>>
File: catte.jpg (85KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
catte.jpg
85KB, 1000x667px
>>139576540
>Either he was off or it's about cycles, so there's no fixed date. And yeah it's all about expansion of consciousness.

Prophecy is never always on time because time isn't even real. The idea of linear time, especially linear time that only moves in one direction is another limiting factor, a 4th dimensional one.

5d is what you all should be striving for and good news that's probably where you're going soon because that's where all of Earth is going and well, you are intricately part of Earth in body and spirit so you should enjoy yourself instead of stressing my friend.

Enjoy a frosty cat.
>>
File: 62866384_p0_master1200.jpg (83KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
62866384_p0_master1200.jpg
83KB, 500x700px
>>139576540
>Very good.
>>139576908
>Very good.
>>
why do people take anything seriously?
>>
>>139576908
Is that from increased to decreased novelty?
So, everything would be chaos in January and calm by July?
Or vice versa?
>>
File: The-Pleiades-Star-Cluster.jpg (674KB, 2400x1807px) Image search: [Google]
The-Pleiades-Star-Cluster.jpg
674KB, 2400x1807px
>>139576762
>Why must everyone be taken "seriously"?

Of all creatures, humans should be taking most things way less seriously since almost all of them are riding in the cozy cosmic backseat to what's going on in the galaxy. Mom and dad will protect you.
>>
File: chronos.jpg (113KB, 971x870px) Image search: [Google]
chronos.jpg
113KB, 971x870px
>>139577569
>69
I know what this means... Thank you
>>
>>139577289
I would not dare explain his theory by myself, so listen to author himself;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCaK35DQ4uk
>>
File: 1503861191151.png (447KB, 599x702px) Image search: [Google]
1503861191151.png
447KB, 599x702px
>>139577728
you're a cutie btw
>>
>>139524643
You sound like a bunch of losers
>>
File: Loverboy.png (350KB, 777x437px) Image search: [Google]
Loverboy.png
350KB, 777x437px
>>139578021
>you're a cutie btw
>>
Mckenna is a product of academia, he has very clear Marxist ideas.

>the three enemies of the people are hegemony, monogamy and monotony

His talks with the jew Ralph Abrahams and Rupert Sheldrake is some of the most 00s discourse I have heard, but it was before things like afrocentrism spread outside of academia.

Terence was perhaps intelligent and ahead of his time, but he's just a Marxist through the drug user angle.
>>
>>139524643
Weird that the horndog thing is sorry common, i user to be veruit active in the psychedelic scene (never rally cared for the hippie larpers tho). Theres a shitload of dudes in that scene who talk alot of spiritual mumbo jumbo but its all just a cover to get chicks dopey/trippy and sex them up, alot of em are practically rapists.
>>
File: AVATAR4DancingPlagueRats.jpg (57KB, 457x359px) Image search: [Google]
57KB, 457x359px
>>139513564

I'LL TELL YOU WHY!

He spent his whole life NOT telling us the whole truth. He wanted us to figure it out for ourselves!
>>
File: 1386575525824.jpg (16KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
1386575525824.jpg
16KB, 250x375px
>>139578672
>Mckenna is a product of academia, he has very clear Marxist ideas.

no
>>
>>139578672
>>139578672
nononon, i know what you mean, but I believe it has to do with timeline he was working in and how he would use it in his advantage. im absolutely convinced in his good intentions and in that he had no strong political ideologies.
>>
File: zEKmG.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zEKmG.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>139577569
Hoping we find peace soon.
>>
File: 1503343819245.jpg (5KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1503343819245.jpg
5KB, 250x233px
>>139579078
LIKE TRUMP OMG;)
>>
>>139532411
haha dude i kno right like weed lol
>>
>>139578840
>“Part of what psychedelics do is they decondition you from cultural values. This is what makes it such a political hot potato. Since all culture is a kind of con-game, the most dangerous candy you can hand out is one which causes people to start questioning the rules of the game.”

>“What the Archaic Revival means is shamanism, ecstacy, orgiastic sexuality, and the defeat of the three enemies of the people. And the three enemies of the people are hegemony, monogamy and monotony.And if you get them on the run you have the dominators sweating folks, because that means your getting it all reconnected, and getting it all reconnected means putting aside the idea of separateness and self-definition through thing-fetish. Getting it all connected means tapping into the Gaian mind, and the Gaian mind is what we’re calling the psychedelic experience.”

>“We have gone sick by following a path of untrammelled rationalism, male dominance, attention to the visible surface of things, practicality, bottom-line-ism. We have gone very, very sick. And the body politic, like any body, when it feels itself to be sick, it begins to produce antibodies, or strategies for overcoming the condition of dis-ease. And the 20th century is an enormous effort at self-healing. Phenomena as diverse as surrealism, body piercing, psychedelic drug use, sexual permissiveness, jazz, experimental dance, rave culture, tattooing, the list is endless. What do all these things have in common? They represent various styles of rejection of linear values."
>>
>>139579380
it's just weed dude, chill bro lol it's like an anti-cancer vitamin. not addictive lol weed ok dude
>>
File: Arthropoid_normal_07.png (97KB, 300x490px) Image search: [Google]
Arthropoid_normal_07.png
97KB, 300x490px
>>139579157

Really soon. I don't even know how much longer I'll be need here.
>>
>>139579471
>Isn't it comforting to believe that the Jews are behind everything, or the Communist Party, or the Catholic Church, or the Masons. Well, these are epistemological cartoons, you know, it is kindergarten in the art of amateur historiography.
I believe that the truth of the matter is far more terrifying, that the real truth that dare not speak itself, is that no one is in control, absolutely no one.
>>
>>139579543
my bad lol im blind and sleepy
>>
>>139579471

There's nothing Marxist about any of that. That's next-level Advanced-Civilization stage 0 kind of stuff. If you want humanity to grow up we need to outgrow politics first.
>>
File: selfportrait.png (92KB, 504x561px) Image search: [Google]
selfportrait.png
92KB, 504x561px
>>139563984
>>139564267
>>139564301
>>139564447
>>139564873
>>139565145
>>139565766
>>139565921
>>139566645

Top of the morning to you fine lads! It's always a lovely to see fellow shills earning their hard earned shekels!

>>139569960
>top kek
>>
>>139580084
I get it, you're just one of these that find shinola from Mckenna because he spouts his drug nonsense.
But the man is very much a typical 00s and 10s Marxist because that was what academia was back then and is now.
He loved afrocentrism and suggested reading books, he hated the male dominating culture. But yes of course, space and drugs and we are nothing and culture is a lie, a social contract. So just do this amazing drug and see what the world really is. Don't think. We are going to space. So just go there before with this drug.
>>
File: 1494107522016.jpg (34KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
1494107522016.jpg
34KB, 584x584px
>>139579784
>>139580084

2 84s in a row. Kek what does it mean?

My feelings tell me it means "good job go to bed, you were tired an hour ago"
>>
>>139580296
39 posts by me.. I guess I really am a shill.. Terence McKenna's shill !
>>
File: 1503862818247.jpg (568KB, 578x818px) Image search: [Google]
1503862818247.jpg
568KB, 578x818px
>>139580373
go in bed with me
>>
File: bruno.jpg (13KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
bruno.jpg
13KB, 300x400px
>>139579784
Sorry you got dragged into all this. Bon voyage.
>>
File: 1484116097216.jpg (108KB, 710x592px) Image search: [Google]
1484116097216.jpg
108KB, 710x592px
>>139580362
>I get it, you're just one of these that find shinola from Mckenna because he spouts his drug nonsense.

Red herring

>But the man is very much a typical 00s and 10s Marxist

Citation needed

>He loved afrocentrism and suggested reading books, he hated the male dominating culture.

More citation needed.

>But yes of course, space and drugs and we are nothing and culture is a lie, a social contract.

Culture is spoonfed to you by a corrupt global elite. That's babby's first real redpill btw.

Also time isn't real, and your mortal body is illusory. That's babby's second redpill.

>So just do this amazing drug and see what the world really is.

DMT is produced in the brain naturally without foreign substances. Oh and btw how about babby's third redpill? Nothing is actually outside of you, everything outside of you is literally a fractal hologram of your own perception. You aren't trapped in a computer simulation. YOU ARE the biological computer simulating yourself. You are literally the creatore, crucified on matter, experiencing/learning about itself. You are the ghost, and the machine. Alpha and Omega. Moon and Star. Mind and Body. Duality doesn't exist in 5d, beyond the 4th dimensional matrix of timespace.

You need to take 3 long tokes of DMT then come back.

I'm going to bed. The Dreamworld is where you wake up.
>>
File: cute grab.gif (973KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
cute grab.gif
973KB, 500x250px
>>139580527
>go in bed with me
>>
File: 1501787455664.jpg (14KB, 167x239px) Image search: [Google]
1501787455664.jpg
14KB, 167x239px
>>139581010
Very good.
Good night.
>>
File: Simon.jpg (103KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Simon.jpg
103KB, 700x394px
>>139580616
>Sorry you got dragged into all this.
Don't be sorry, I volunteered. Honestly i'm already at the fun part, but this body is uncomfortable. I'm not in pain but...my body feels foreign.

Don't worry about me but find me if you can.
>>
File: Kek is Love.jpg (135KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Kek is Love.jpg
135KB, 620x620px
>>139581010
>>139581133

I love meme magic
Good night for real this time. Thanks again Kek
>>
File: berserk-v02c02p234rus.png (436KB, 960x1400px) Image search: [Google]
berserk-v02c02p234rus.png
436KB, 960x1400px
>>139581328
>Don't worry about me but find me if you can.

You too friend >>139581161
If you're as connected as I think I'll hear from you soon.
>>
File: 1501205507127.gif (125KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501205507127.gif
125KB, 250x250px
>>139581624
DONT LEAVE MEEEEEE

FUCK CAPTCHA IS TRYING TO STOP ME
>>
File: thirdeyeawakening.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
thirdeyeawakening.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>139580444
welcome to the club, goy
>>
File: moon tetragramaton.png (941KB, 888x888px) Image search: [Google]
moon tetragramaton.png
941KB, 888x888px
>>139581837

Okay then come with me. I'll give you a hint.

Find the Light Singer on twitter. You'll know.

Good night
>>
>>139582055
I AM MELANIA AND UR TRUMP :DD
>>
File: trump loli.jpg (80KB, 681x960px) Image search: [Google]
trump loli.jpg
80KB, 681x960px
>>139582180
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.