[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FOX News no longer airing in UK

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: DIaC0FSUQAEYTff.jpg (72KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
DIaC0FSUQAEYTff.jpg
72KB, 928x523px
Bongland resident here. Only US news networks we have on Sky now are CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg.

>21st Century Fox has decided to stop airing Fox News in the U.K., ending a long-running carriage deal in Britain with pay TV giant Sky.

>"21st Century Fox has decided to cease providing a feed of Fox News Channel in the U.K.," the conglomerate said. "Fox News is focused on the U.S. market and designed for a U.S. audience and, accordingly, it averages only a few thousand viewers across the day in the U.K."

>It added: "We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K." A Fox representative said the news network's U.K. feed came to an end Tuesday afternoon.

>"21st Century Fox has decided they will no longer broadcast Fox News in the U.K.," a Sky representative said. "Sky's customers can still enjoy a wide range of dedicated national and international news channels."

>Fox owns a 39 percent stake in Sky, whose current agreement to carry Fox News was due to expire at the end of this year, according to sources. Industry observers said most viewers of Fox News in the U.K. seemed to be American tourists or industry folks with an interest in the channel, while local news junkies are seen as mostly watching the BBC, ITV, Sky News and other British networks.

>One analyst said he understands that Fox News wasn't making money from the U.K. feed, which was only available on Sky, but no other pay TV operators.

>The news of Fox News ending its run in Britain comes as U.K. culture secretary Karen Bradley is set to unveil her final verdict on whether to ask Britain's competition regulator to launch a more in-depth investigation into Fox's plan to take over the remaining 61 percent of pay TV giant Sky, which it doesn't own yet.

>Fox News has been in the spotlight over the past year as U.K. media regulator Ofcom looking into various complaints against the channel and making some rulings against it.
>>
>>139488172
>Despite its low ratings in the U.K., Fox News' reporting has often generated headlines. In 2015, an on-air guest suggested that the English city of Birmingham was a "no-go zone" for non-Muslims, a comment that was met with widespread ridicule across the U.K. and was later found to be in breach of Ofcom's broadcasting code

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-stops-airing-uk-1033601?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
>>
>>139488172
Makes sense for the same reason Fox doesn't air in North Korea. Sorry bongs, you guys are living in a dystopian nightmare, though I am sure you are aware.
>>
File: 1461601044570.png (495KB, 634x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461601044570.png
495KB, 634x600px
>>139488172
Bongistani here, I used to watch fox all the time, especially in my weed smoking days circa ten years ago. Comfy as fuck
>>
File: lol.jpg (227KB, 750x813px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
227KB, 750x813px
>>139488477
>>
Thank god. Now the US please. Fox News is blatant right wing propaganda. Nothing more.
>>
File: 1412253580376.jpg (3MB, 2063x2514px) Image search: [Google]
1412253580376.jpg
3MB, 2063x2514px
>>139489719
>rightwing
>not neo-cohen
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.